HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tim Erixon

Old
01-23-2012, 06:42 PM
Dorado*

vCash: 500
Tim Erixon

Will we see him again this season ? Given Sauer's setback and the revolving door of plugs on the bottom pairing is it realistic to have him thrust into a role on this team in the second half . I personally have no problem with Stu , Woy , or Stralsy however as the games get faster paced more meaningful Woy and Stu Bickels lack of foot speed is a concern . Torts a some point can't always shorten his Bench on D every 3 rd period for the next 40 odd games can he ? Botom line is Tim Erixon best left full season in the A or will we possibly see him back up and getting some ice against some of the quicker teams where his skating and puck skills will be more beneficial than Woy or Bicks. ( I do feel Stu could handle more minutes in tight games and Torts is being overly cautious and risking losing one if our top 4 to injury with the ove playing )

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 06:52 PM
Khelvan

Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Not unless it is an emergency, or Erixon takes major strides in the AHL. What will likely happen is Eminger comes back, plays to his usual standard, and makes Bickel expendable. Then Sauer comes back, and Stralman & Woywitka sit.

Khelvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 07:17 PM
DM Smiths
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khelvan View Post
Not unless it is an emergency, or Erixon takes major strides in the AHL. What will likely happen is Eminger comes back, plays to his usual standard, and makes Bickel expendable. Then Sauer comes back, and Stralman & Woywitka sit.
That. I don't know about Stralman, though. Torts loves him and he could still prove himself.

DM Smiths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 07:47 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Erixon really needs more time to develop physically and just round out the rough edges of his game. He's better off staying in the A for now so baring a major emergency, I think they'll keep him down. Eminger, Woywitka, etc soon to be available for action I assume.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 07:50 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
I certainly hope that we don't see him again this season, to be entirely blunt.

And not because of the kid. I think he is our top prospect at the moment.

01-23-2012, 08:59 PM
tjs252

The depth we have affords us patience. I think (hope) we use it.

tjs252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 11:33 PM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khelvan View Post
I don't think that's correct.

One, who know's if Sauer is coming back. It's impossible to tell now that he's had this setback this late in the year.

Regardless, if he comes back, I think Stralman should remain the 3rd pairing defenseman. He moves the puck a lot better than Eminger and his defense is every bit as good as Eminger's, if not better. The only thing that the fans don't associate Stralman with is the physicality that Eminger brings... however, it's something that I think Torts may consider more than puck moving (come playoffs time).

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 12:27 AM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

I think we see Staal move to the 2nd pairing. His minutes played has seen a steady rise which pairs him with MDZ. That makes a very nice top 4.

I think Stralman brings the PP stick skills NY needs, and his willingness to take the body as well as being hit to make the outlet pass keeps him in the lineup. Coach asked him to do that and Anton responded.

Bickel, Eminger, Woy are the backfill

I don't think it helps Erixon's "development" to play 10 minutes a night in the show, when he can see some serious time in the AHL.

Then again the trade deadline is coming and who knows what if anything Slats has brewing

Sauer is missed, at least I miss the guys game. He brought additional sandpaper in clearing the crease and sticking a glove in someones mush when they skate to the crease. Hopefully he can return this season, but if not hopefully next year will give him a new lease on life as I believe he is a core player for NY.

donpaulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 07:45 AM
Nich

don't think so unless one of our top 4 go down to injury. He needs more time in the AHL to round out his game and get consistent

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 08:01 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Regardless, if he comes back, I think Stralman should remain the 3rd pairing defenseman. He moves the puck a lot better than Eminger and his defense is every bit as good as Eminger's, if not better. The only thing that the fans don't associate Stralman with is the physicality that Eminger brings... however, it's something that I think Torts may consider more than puck moving (come playoffs time).
You know, while I think that Stralman's play has been underrated, for all the talk of his puck movement, it seems to generate little and has not made much of a difference.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 08:57 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
You know, while I think that Stralman's play has been underrated, for all the talk of his puck movement, it seems to generate little and has not made much of a difference.
Sounds like another example of the NYR PMD syndrome. Abandon offense and focus on being serviceable defensively.

01-24-2012, 09:11 AM
UAGoalieGuy

He shouldn't be brought up unless one of the top 4 go down with another injury.

He needs to play top pairing minutes in the AHL to round out his game. He will get a serious look during camp next season.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 09:20 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Sounds like another example of the NYR PMD syndrome. Abandon offense and focus on being serviceable defensively.
Do you believe that it is a mentality or is this just what he is? Some players have something and do things that make their offensive more noticed. I think that Stralman is what he is. I am not believing that he is a late bloomer. He is like Woddy Harrelson from Wild Cats. He can skate pretty well. He can pass pretty well. He can shoot pretty well. But he cannot skate and pass/shoot pretty well.

Old
01-24-2012, 09:31 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Do you believe that it is a mentality or is this just what he is? Some players have something and do things that make their offensive more noticed. I think that Stralman is what he is. I am not believing that he is a late bloomer. He is like Woddy Harrelson from Wild Cats. He can skate pretty well. He can pass pretty well. He can shoot pretty well. But he cannot skate and pass/shoot pretty well.
I don't really know. I think on some level it's a guy who is doing what he can to stay in the line up and possible get a job somewhere next year.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 09:40 AM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
I keep saying it, the organization is going to have to make a decision down the road. Staal, Girardi, McDonagh, Sauer, MDZ, Erixon, McIlrath. Somewhere in a year or 2 one would think a move is made no?

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 09:42 AM
MSG the place to be*

Tim Erixon is a young Michal Roszival and I dare anyone to disagree

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 09:51 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
I keep saying it, the organization is going to have to make a decision down the road. Staal, Girardi, McDonagh, Sauer, MDZ, Erixon, McIlrath. Somewhere in a year or 2 one would think a move is made no?
That may be true. But a year or two is plenty of time and there's no reason to rush when we don't know exactly how Erixon and McIlrath will turn out...or even how guys like Staal and Sauer will return to form.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 09:56 AM
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
I'd say Sauer or McIlrath will be the odd man out. Probably Sauer given his recent injuries and his long injury history.

Brendan Shanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 10:25 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
Totally disagree. time will tell

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 10:33 AM
Dorado*

A young Rosci is not a bad thing . Blowzy played hard was a warrior a gentlemen and played a lot of minutes for this org. Shouldn't signed him to that last contract as he had several surgeries and once the Garden lost Malik has it's scapegoat adopted Blowsy as it's new mule to whip .Michael R never mailed it in . Shame he got so banged up he actually might be a useful player still but his body is shot . Erixon did not look outbid place at all in the NHL , but does need grooming , minutes on NA sized rinks and to fill out a bit in the weight room

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 12:09 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I don't really know. I think on some level it's a guy who is doing what he can to stay in the line up and possible get a job somewhere next year.
But in the end, he is what he is. I do believe that the system that the Rangers employ (and Henke) has masked some flaws. That said, he is servicable. THAT said, I think that much too much is made out of his supposed passing skills and vision, given that it has not really borne many fruit.

Old
01-24-2012, 12:26 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

I don't think Erixon fits on this team, or in this system. I would love to see him moved.

I can't stand him, actually...ever since I saw him skate to the bench instead of jumping in to help a teammate.

That, coupled with what he did to Calgary make me very sour on him.

Something about him just bothers me, I can't explain it.

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 12:28 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
I disagree. He's more mobile, smarter and passes better.

He's nowhere near ready for the NHL though. I think he needs two seasons in the AHL

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 01:25 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Makes a much better 1st pass at this point in his career. I think he'll be better.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 02:50 PM
Cliffy1814

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
A young Rosci is not a bad thing . Blowzy played hard was a warrior a gentlemen and played a lot of minutes for this org. Shouldn't signed him to that last contract as he had several surgeries and once the Garden lost Malik has it's scapegoat adopted Blowsy as it's new mule to whip .Michael R never mailed it in . Shame he got so banged up he actually might be a useful player still but his body is shot . Erixon did not look outbid place at all in the NHL , but does need grooming , minutes on NA sized rinks and to fill out a bit in the weight room
I agree. He was overpaid and would go through some phases where he'd give the puck away, but the guy is a solid NHL defensemen (was I guess). He was unfairly cast as the whipping boy until Redden supplanted him.
If erixon winds up having Roszival's career that will go down as an excellent trade by sather.

Cliffy1814 is offline   Reply With Quote