Notices

Sbisa

Old
01-23-2012, 10:18 PM
2faded

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Knoll View Post
The way the Ducks are playing they are more likely to be buyers than sellers, get a veteran guy or two to stiffen up their defensive game (faceoff guy, stay-at-home D). Either that or basically stay pat unless the right circumstances come up to move vets. I think the Ryan panic is over, it probably ended when they were getting Phaneuf-esque offers for him, guys to round out their team but nothing of substantial value. Certainly they could have gotten decent one-for-one return (Bourque, Cammalleri, et al) but that would have been a lateral move at best.

I don't see the Ducks selling off any young guys at this point. Sbisa in particular, as others have mentioned, would be difficult to replace from within their system any time soon.
Ya I agree and I see no reason why we still cant be buyers even if we know we arent making the playoffs. We have shown that this team can play well and the TD might present the right opportunity to pick up a needed player to make us better for next year. And if there's nothing worth getting then wait till FA. I hope Murray's up to the challenge of building a new 2nd line. He sure didnt do very well trying to build a 3rd/4th line.

2faded is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 10:37 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Sbisa has been our second best defensemen lately. I thought he was great, again vs the Avs. Many have knocked perceived lack of "hockey sense" but I would say gaining EXPERIENCE has been more key than anything, and now he's reading and reacting to situations much better(when to jump in the play, when to go for hits, when to play things safe) people forget he's ONLY 21/22 years old!

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 02:26 AM
Markus078

Luca is putting it together. I predict by the age of 24/25 he will be one of the better combinations of size, physicallity and skill in the league. The more he gains experience the more he will improove. I also think he can become more physical than he is now.

Luca is a lock here for years to come.

Markus078 is offline   Reply With Quote