HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings 4, Sens 1 | Dan O'Rourke and Tim Peel take the spotlight

Old
01-24-2012, 12:54 AM
OttawaGM

vCash: 500
This team is 2 top 6 forwards and 1 more right shooting puck moving D away from getting deep in the playoffs. Greening and Condra aren't top 6 forwards and at this point Butler and Daugavins really aren't NHL players and should be replaced in the bottom 6 with Greening and Condra moving down.

OttawaGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 12:56 AM
sensfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodwan553 View Post
Refs needs to die as many times as Sean Bean

sensfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 12:58 AM
Tundraman
GoneCountry

I knew before the game the Sens would be fighting 2 teams and I wrote it. The league should never have allowed O'rourke to ref this game. As soon as what O'rourke said to Stache was made public by the Sens you knew he would have it in for the Sens with bad calls and non calls.

What makes it far worse though is that there is now visible proof of collusion between the refs because Peel didn't counter Dan O'rourke's lack of professionalism by making easy obvious calls he just added to the problem by piling on with his buddy. Only in the 3rd when the game was out of reach and they knew they would face fan and media criticism did they make a few calls to give the appearance of impartiality.

If you re-look at the play with Clifford on Neil you can see that he spots him very early on from 15 feet away. At all times he is facing Neil but Neil's back is turned.This is not accidental since he aims directly for Neil who doesn't have the puck and raises his stick waist high while he is over 3 feet away from Neil. As he keeps skating towards Neil who still doesn't know he's there he raises his hands and stick towards Neil's face. Neil then turns at the last second and tries to raise his arms to protect himself in a quick reaction but doesn't have time. Clifford's stick and hands are already pushed hard into his face.

This was a predatory targeted hit where the attacker had at least 15 feet of clear unobstructed view of the ice to zone in on his unsuspecting victim. Don't call this accidental if you haven't reviewed it in HD where in the wider view Clifford comes into frame much earlier than in sd.

Tundraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 01:16 AM
Tundraman
GoneCountry

The refs know they are in trouble when they refuse to meet with a media rep. The media should be contacting the NHL about this and keep the pressure on. These guys have to be fired for this awful display of incompetence.

Tundraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 04:37 AM
headup

The game was over before the puck dropped

headup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 05:16 AM
JustinYS

vCash: 50
Sens coming back down to Earth like many thought they would?

JustinYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 06:09 AM
Philadelphia Collins

On the bright side, Borowiecki looks better than Phillips does

On the other side, our team is 3/4 bottom 6ers

Philadelphia Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 06:17 AM
Icelevel
little bit better

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinYS View Post
no, they just lost 2 games. they will start the new winning streak against phoenix tonight.

Last edited by Icelevel: 01-24-2012 at 06:32 AM.
Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 06:28 AM
Iamok
#Panic

Quote:
Wait, so you're saying going 8-1-1 wasn't sustainable?....

Iamok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 06:35 AM
BK201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post
Wait, so you're saying going 8-1-1 wasn't sustainable?....
Lol

we gotta give quick some credit he was really great.

As for the calls some were bad but the refs made 5 calls on LA last night and 5 calls on Ottawa including the penalty shot. Just putting it out there.

BK201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 07:35 AM
Deku Scrub
Hey Scotty...

vCash: 3900
Mod edit.

We better have a good bounce back game in Pheonix. If we want to make the playoffs this year I think we need to acquire another top 6 forward. NOW. Get on it, Murray!

Last edited by SixthSens: 01-24-2012 at 07:50 AM.
Deku Scrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 07:52 AM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

vCash: 605
This is a PGT thread, if you choose not to talk about the game and troll/respond to trolls, you will be removed from the thread.

SixthSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 07:57 AM
OgieO

haha,that Leaf fan was hilarious. Missed this game - sounds like I made a good decision to go to bed...

OgieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 08:02 AM
Afro Thunder*

Quote:
Sounds like a broken record doesnt by now.

Afro Thunder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 08:24 AM
TSA0402

Reffing was bad. Actually was terrible, but Sens didn't put themselves in a position to win. Sens should have had a two man advantage from the Phillips slashed stick, and might have changed the course of the game, but bottom line is they could only muster one goal. You don't win many games scoring once.

Refs can't beat them if they put the puck is in the opposition's net, no matter how much they would like to sometimes.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 08:28 AM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

We have to go back to 'aint even mad'.

LA had more jump for much of the game.

And the Kings were sloppy, especially early on. Sens didn't take advantage.

They're coasting right now.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 08:36 AM
metalfoot
Karlsson!

Only heard the game, but it sounded like inconsistent reffing and a tired Sens team in bad need of the All Star break to me.

metalfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 08:59 AM
Jackie Treehorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
We have to go back to 'aint even mad'.

LA had more jump for much of the game.

And the Kings were sloppy, especially early on. Sens didn't take advantage.

They're coasting right now.
They look like they are out of gas. The boys have had a good run, but I think the schedule is catching up a bit . Good time for the break.

I never complain about the refs, but it sure seemed like they sent a message to MacLean last night.

Jackie Treehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 09:01 AM
Derivation

I didn't watch the 3rd. From what I saw LA had the momentum just about the whole 1st 2 periods and we looked like we liked a jump in our step.

Derivation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 09:36 AM
Xspyrit

3 comments :

- 6 games yesterday, road teams only scored 5 goals... Really weird night

- Hitting the posts/crossbars don't help the Sens at all. Instead of taking a 1-0 or 2-0 lead most of the time, the other teams dodge bullets and have chances to take the lead. The number of posts/crossbars the Sens hit in the last 12-15 games is ridiculous

- Quick was good (from what I saw + highlights) and was lucky. Kings 1st and 2nd goals were a bit lucky. Borowiecki (2 NHL games) totally screened Anderson on the 1st and Anderson couldn't keep the puck on the 2nd (Cowen, another rookie, gave up on the play like the refs already whistled. Daugavins (rookie) and Konopka (4th liner) were also useless on that play, which happened because of a bad change). 3rd goal was a PP goal (Kings were 1/5 so PP goals are bound to happen with opportunity) and 4th goal was a penalty shot. Things went Kings way. Sens need a break and regroup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Treehorn View Post
They look like they are out of gas. The boys have had a good run, but I think the schedule is catching up a bit . Good time for the break.

I never complain about the refs, but it sure seemed like they sent a message to MacLean last night.
Yup. And Eastern teams are never really good in West coast trips.

I felt asleep between the 1st and 2nd, just to wake up when Auld was replacing Andy to start the 3rd. I was like "wtf?", then I saw the score... :sad:

Kings had 20 shots in the 2nd. As from what I saw of the game, the Kings really took advantage of refs obvious bias. They abused the Sens physically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttawaGM View Post
This team is 2 top 6 forwards and 1 more right shooting puck moving D away from getting deep in the playoffs. Greening and Condra aren't top 6 forwards and at this point Butler and Daugavins really aren't NHL players and should be replaced in the bottom 6 with Greening and Condra moving down.
Well, this is true. Hopefully, we'll be looking at this next year :

Petersson*-Spezza-Michalek
Silfverberg-Turris-Alfredsson
Foligno-Zibanejad-Neil
Greening-Smith-Condra

* If Petersson can't fill the role, we have to be able to sign Parise or another top-6 forward. Can't ask too much from Silfverberg and Zbad right away. That's why Daugavins and/or Butler should be traded (or back to the AHL somehow) and Petersson groomed into the NHL now.

Last edited by Xspyrit: 01-24-2012 at 09:43 AM.
Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 09:42 AM
utah

Scoring goals, can give a tired team some jump. The Sens didn't score, often or early enough....so, they never got any momentum going last night.

But, I wouldn't go so far as to say that they played terrible.

If Smith buries that early chance, instead of ringing it off the iron.....this might have been a different game.

The schedule isn't doing the team any favors right now, but the good news is that they went on a long winning streak which allowed them to bank some points. They play one more tonight, and then they get a needed rest. If they can win tonight, they'll be in very good shape....going into the break.

After the all-star game, they'll have their jump again.

I'm not sure why so many are seeing nothing but negatives these days. A few games ago, when the Sens were riding high....Paul MacLean said, all teams go through adversity, and that the Sens would likely face theirs in time. Well, here we are. But, certainly...all is not lost. It's a two game losing streak. I'm not going to act like it's longer than that....unless it becomes longer than that, and at this point those games haven't been played.

utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 10:21 AM
Rumcajs

Boro looked good. Nice first pass, calm defensively. Been along way since the article in the Citizen in 08.

Anyway, Butler is just a spot that will be filled by Silf next year.

I ain't even mad.

Rumcajs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 10:21 AM
SpezDispenser

Dustin Brown was tremendous last night. We couldn't contain him at all, let alone stop him from wall papering our players left, right and center.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 10:28 AM
onlyalad

Do you guys have a link to the Clifford hit? LA's feed did not show a good angle so none of us really saw what happened. I am not saying you guys are wrong, since there is no way I could know that. I just would like to see what he did.

onlyalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 10:30 AM
JustinYS

vCash: 50
One positive: I thoroughly enjoyed Greening's hit on Doughty. I hope in time, the coaching staff will teach him how to use that powerful body of his more.

JustinYS is offline   Reply With Quote