HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Franchise's oath to fellow Habs fans

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-08-2003, 06:28 AM
  #1
TwineSniper
Registered User
 
TwineSniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,091
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TwineSniper
The Franchise's oath to fellow Habs fans

In the light of EVERYBODY (well almost everybody) on here feeling the need to post a negative rant about there so-called favourite team and it's players stating that it sucks, the player's suck, the arena sucks, the concession stand food sucks, the free program sucks...whoa, got carried away there.

To Sum it up, the handful of posters that are deluded enough to think that what they say is obviously the best for the team, and that the current management and coaching doesn't know anything.

I would just like to say, that I will never be one of those posters that overreacts to every little thing, post those negative, hate-filled waste of time threads, and I will continue to be seemingly one of the few level-headed fans that frequent this board.

If you feel that you can join in this "revolution", post your thoughts here.


--The Franchise

TwineSniper is offline  
Old
11-08-2003, 06:38 AM
  #2
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 12,242
vCash: 500
There are some that are too negative at times, but most of the posters are fairly knowleadgeable(sp) and are just BIG fans...

BLONG7 is offline  
Old
11-08-2003, 06:39 AM
  #3
danboulie
Registered User
 
danboulie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,597
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to danboulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by The~Franchise
In the light of EVERYBODY (well almost everybody) on here feeling the need to post a negative rant about there so-called favourite team and it's players stating that it sucks, the player's suck, the arena sucks, the concession stand food sucks, the free program sucks...whoa, got carried away there.

To Sum it up, the handful of posters that are deluded enough to think that what they say is obviously the best for the team, and that the current management and coaching doesn't know anything.

I would just like to say, that I will never be one of those posters that overreacts to every little thing, post those negative, hate-filled waste of time threads, and I will continue to be seemingly one of the few level-headed fans that frequent this board.

If you feel that you can join in this "revolution", post your thoughts here.


--The Franchise
Franchise, I salute you!
I always try my best not to get a negative outlook on things, but every once in a while things just get the best of you.
It's usually just a handfull of posters who start something negative, and then it slowly, but surely grabs hold of others and startes having them posting negative comments. It's sort of like a plague. Think of how people get depressed when it's rainy, foggy, and cloudy for weeks on end. Well thats sort of what is happening here.
So I say let's bring some sunshine back to this board, and get Montreal out of their current funk!
Go Habs Go!

danboulie is online now  
Old
11-08-2003, 06:43 AM
  #4
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The~Franchise
In the light of EVERYBODY (well almost everybody) on here feeling the need to post a negative rant about there so-called favourite team and it's players stating that it sucks, the player's suck, the arena sucks, the concession stand food sucks, the free program sucks...whoa, got carried away there.

To Sum it up, the handful of posters that are deluded enough to think that what they say is obviously the best for the team, and that the current management and coaching doesn't know anything.

I would just like to say, that I will never be one of those posters that overreacts to every little thing, post those negative, hate-filled waste of time threads, and I will continue to be seemingly one of the few level-headed fans that frequent this board.

If you feel that you can join in this "revolution", post your thoughts here.


--The Franchise
Thanks for being a 'TRUE' fan and not one who re-acts or I should say over re-acts to every loss, bad game or player who isn't producing game in and out. It happens on every team and the nay sayers here have to watch the other 29 teams in the league to see that every team loses games, not every player scores every night and the goalies aren't capable of getting shutouts and stealing games every night either. Too many people here see the glass half empty to where I see it as half full and it is only getting fuller (if there is such a word) with our prospects getting better and with more to come next season. People here have to look at the big picture, and that picture is the future. We are going to be younger, faster and better and our payroll is going to be way way lower too, that helps later on when we are contenders and ou may need that "rental" player for the playoffs like so many good teams like Ottawa do now before the playoff run. We can be the next Ottawa or Tampa Bay, they had some lean years but look at them now they are strong for the next ten years and the Sens have been amongst the top teams in the league now for what the last 3 years at least. They have kids coming in every year, we will be doing the same but too many here think they all should be playing this year..if Spezza couldn't make it as a 18 year old, let alone a 20 year old prospect why should all of ours? It looks like it was the best thing for him (Spezza). Gainey and Co have the right idea here in Montreal, I have been saying this for over a year on these boards now, all of the fans for the Habs need to have some confidence and patience...this is a different NHL now and Montreal management under Savard and now Gainey have finally learned that and we are catching up to the others because of smart drafting, it's the only way to truely build a strong team for years to come.

RE-HABS is offline  
Old
11-08-2003, 06:43 AM
  #5
Duff88
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,028
vCash: 500
This is the kind of thread that we need! Finally the real fans will be discovered! I can now bring some of my points!
  • Donald Audette isn't an ECHLer. Yes he has a big salary but he works extremely hard to get some points and his teammates can't help him. Stop saying that he is a loser and he wouldn't even be a good AHLer because he works extremely hard to come back with a great season.
  • Jose Theodore is doing an excellent job as #1 and stop saying that he suck and that he is a Jim Carrey.
  • Claude Julien's system, when used correctly, is extremely usefull.
  • We have 0% chances of getting Alexander Ovechkin so stop talking about him everytime we lose
  • Don't listen to 110% nor CKAC because they create bandwagons and stupid rumors.
  • Put JohnyV on your ignore list, that's exactly what he deserves.
  • Cheer for the Habs, they are your favourite team. Stop whining about them being " So bad ", are they your favourite team or not?


Duff88 is offline  
Old
11-08-2003, 06:53 AM
  #6
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff88
Stop whining about them being " So bad ", are they your favourite team or not?[/list]
Isn't being a true a fan and a die hard all about being there for your team in the good times and the lean times? Too many here are only supportive of the good times, too bad some of our fans weren't as dedicated as a lot of us here. Maybe one should talk to a Cubs fan or Red Sox fan, now there is a true fan of their team. My hat is off to them because I love my Habs as much as they do their team, through good and bad I will never turn my back or cheer for another team. How many times have I seen posters here say "I'm cheering for another team or for my 2nd favorite team"?

2nd favorite team?
There is only one team and it is the HABS!

RE-HABS is offline  
Old
11-08-2003, 06:55 AM
  #7
Dutchy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Montréal, Québec, Ca
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 3,118
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Amen to all that have been said before.

I'm happy as long as I can see the "Bleu-Blanc-Rouge" on TV with my friends. End of story.

Dutchy is offline  
Old
11-08-2003, 07:02 AM
  #8
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek
That reminds me, alot of people were saying that if Jagr gets traded to montreal, they will no longer be hab fans, and stop posting here etc.. :mad:

that's really ****ing dumb if you ask me.
And if Jagr did come to Montreal it is obvious that management thinks that is the solution right? They are getting paid the big bucks to right this ship and if they feel that is a direction to go in well one has to follow it, we don't make the hard decisions...they do. And as many people that oppose such a trade would be very excited if it ever happened too, that's what makes me laugh and shake my head the "Bandwagoners".

Whatever Gainey and Co do I totally support 100% because I haven't lost faith or turned my back yet...or ever will.

GO HABS!!!

RE-HABS is offline  
Old
11-08-2003, 12:18 PM
  #9
PJ Wiggum
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 487
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to PJ Wiggum


That is al I can say about everyonr who has posted in this thread. I congradulate everyone of you for bring patient and not jumping off the bandwagon because of a couple losses. Our time will come soon enough.

PJ Wiggum is offline  
Old
11-08-2003, 12:31 PM
  #10
Habsaku
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Donald Audette isn't an ECHLer. Yes he has a big salary but he works extremely hard to get some points and his teammates can't help him. Stop saying that he is a loser and he wouldn't even be a good AHLer because he works extremely hard to come back with a great season.
Jose Theodore is doing an excellent job as #1 and stop saying that he suck and that he is a Jim Carrey.
Claude Julien's system, when used correctly, is extremely usefull.
We have 0% chances of getting Alexander Ovechkin so stop talking about him everytime we lose
Don't listen to 110% nor CKAC because they create bandwagons and stupid rumors.
Put JohnyV on your ignore list, that's exactly what he deserves.
Cheer for the Habs, they are your favourite team. Stop whining about them being " So bad ", are they your favourite team or not?


Wow it seems communism is back again.
I'm like seeing the positives and when I look at our team, I'm not filled with desperation. I see a lot of potential, in fact, I think we're 1 center away from being a good team for the future if you look at our youngsters.

BUT.

Donald Audette hasn't worked hard at all. I remember how he used to be, and what we're seeing now is not what he can do. He's pretty much finished and the sooner we rid ourselves of him, the better.

Jose Theodore hasn't performed either, he took a huge step back these past two years. I still see many goals he should've stopped. However, he has improved from last year and I think he'll get better with the progression of the season, he always does.

Claude Julien has a good system, but he tends to overuse it and I was blinded by rage when he put his 4th line with 3 min left in the game. However, he's still a rookie and like a hockey player, he'll learn and I see potential in him.

The only thing we cannot doubt is that we doubt. Saying we have no chance at Ovechkin is an ignorant comment. Who knows what can happen or who can get injured. We aren't exactly a great team either.

Agreed, Le journal de Montreal 110%, la ligue en question, CKAC, The Gazette are all part of the problem in the Media. I,ve never seen such incompetence and I often wonder how they got their jobs.

I always cheer for the Habs, but if you ask to stop whining then you clearly admit your defeat. If people have high expectations, its better becaise we'll see who are the true heart and soul players. Thats why Montreal have always been strong teams, because the pressure is enormous and the best players are the ones who can turn that pressure into emotion. If we want a team that can handle that pressure, we need to developp it from inside and get them to be used to it, because more often then not, we get players that are used to playing at cities like Florida where no one even recognizes them. When they get here, they are squashed by the pressure.

Habsaku is offline  
Old
11-08-2003, 12:49 PM
  #11
Bud The Spud*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: the dark side
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,273
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Bud The Spud*
I have never been one of those negative posters, nor will I ever be. People who are so negative and say that the team sucks and so on, are not true fans.

Bud The Spud* is offline  
Old
11-08-2003, 12:58 PM
  #12
LPHabsFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,366
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LPHabsFan
I am one of those die hard fans and I never miss a game but I think I will tonight because I might go see the matrix so forgive me please.

Technically, we still can be in the Ovechkin sweeptakes because i think the botom 10 teams have a certain percentage of getting the #1 pick. I don't t think that will be the case though.

With regards to this year, I'm kinda up in the air. We have the components in place to finish as high as sixth but that 6th place finished depends on a lot of IF's happening.

If Saku can get 70+ pts.
If Theo can regain form
If the rookies step up
and so on...

I think that this year will be a good year and I am only filled with hope. Right now im a mix of Optimism and Skepticism.

Just to prove my loyalty to the team, I watch every single game (minues the ones where I CAN'T) and I still watched every single minute of the 8-2 game against Carolina. All my friends called me nuts, but I can never turn my back on my beloved fans.

I gotta work on my team/player review so far.

LPHabsFan is offline  
Old
11-08-2003, 01:15 PM
  #13
Duff88
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
Wow it seems communism is back again.
I'm like seeing the positives and when I look at our team, I'm not filled with desperation. I see a lot of potential, in fact, I think we're 1 center away from being a good team for the future if you look at our youngsters.

BUT.

Donald Audette hasn't worked hard at all. I remember how he used to be, and what we're seeing now is not what he can do. He's pretty much finished and the sooner we rid ourselves of him, the better.

Jose Theodore hasn't performed either, he took a huge step back these past two years. I still see many goals he should've stopped. However, he has improved from last year and I think he'll get better with the progression of the season, he always does.

Claude Julien has a good system, but he tends to overuse it and I was blinded by rage when he put his 4th line with 3 min left in the game. However, he's still a rookie and like a hockey player, he'll learn and I see potential in him.

The only thing we cannot doubt is that we doubt. Saying we have no chance at Ovechkin is an ignorant comment. Who knows what can happen or who can get injured. We aren't exactly a great team either.

Agreed, Le journal de Montreal 110%, la ligue en question, CKAC, The Gazette are all part of the problem in the Media. I,ve never seen such incompetence and I often wonder how they got their jobs.

I always cheer for the Habs, but if you ask to stop whining then you clearly admit your defeat. If people have high expectations, its better becaise we'll see who are the true heart and soul players. Thats why Montreal have always been strong teams, because the pressure is enormous and the best players are the ones who can turn that pressure into emotion. If we want a team that can handle that pressure, we need to developp it from inside and get them to be used to it, because more often then not, we get players that are used to playing at cities like Florida where no one even recognizes them. When they get here, they are squashed by the pressure.
Ok, I'll defend my self now!

Donald Audette doesn't produce as much as before but the effort is there. He doesn't do the same moves as in his prime and it's normal but he works. Did you see how large he is compared to last year? Don't this mean that he really wants to play well and help the team?

Every goalie have their up and downs and it's normal to let in goals that you should have stopped. It's part of the game. Theo, like most goalies, is better when he recieves 40 shots rather then when he recieves 20 shots.

I didn't talk well when I said that we have 0% chance of getting Ovechkin. The fact that I wanted to show is that, 10-15 games doesn't make a season. After 10-15 games, we are not even last and everyone starts talking about the draft and that we will finish last.

" If people have high expectations, its better becaise we'll see who are the true heart and soul players. " High expectation is saying that the team will finish last and that the team suck when it lose 2 games in a row and to say that we're already in the playoffs after 2 straight wins? IMO that's ignorance and stupidity, not high expectation.

Duff88 is offline  
Old
11-08-2003, 01:33 PM
  #14
Joe Malone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Mabou....Wawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,633
vCash: 500
While I have grown to love this board, I read very few of the posts when we're on a losing streak. The negativity is simply overwhelming. Nice to see a positive thread like this.......kudos to you Franchise. It's early in the season, and our Habs will rebound.

Joe Malone is offline  
Old
11-08-2003, 01:41 PM
  #15
Habsolution
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: En tounoi avec Theo? Bonn chan!
Posts: 2,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek
That reminds me, alot of people were saying that if Jagr gets traded to montreal, they will no longer be hab fans, and stop posting here etc.. :mad:

that's really ****ing dumb if you ask me.
I said I would stop being a habs fan if Jagr was traded to Mtl and I stand by that. I never wrote such things before but acquiring Jagr would set this franchise back at least 5 years. It would go against everything that Savard worked for since he was hired(despite some mistakes he made).

BTW it's not because you are shortsighted and would blindly follow any moves the habs make that you're a good fan. I'm not a dog. If you kick me in the ass I won't come back for more.

So you say I'm not a good fan ? Well if you ask me the people willing to trade our captain for a guy like Jagr are the bad fans.

This franchise has gone nowhere from the moment Houle was hired until the moment he was fired but I still stood behind the habs. I am hopeful about the future and I will keep cheering for the habs no matter how long it takes for them to get back on track. Even if all our prospects bust and that we go out there and enter another cycle of missing the playoffs for the next 10 years. But I couldn't stand to see the habs become the Rangers version 2.

This thread is just as pointless as the ones that are too negative IMO. Being overly positive and happy is not much better than being overly negative and upset. All is not perfect in habs land and sometimes it's disgusting to see some of those guys not showing up. And when it happens I can't blame people for being negative about it.

Habsolution is offline  
Old
11-08-2003, 01:44 PM
  #16
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User
 
Bring_Bak_Damphousse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,249
vCash: 500
I like to think of myself as one of those die hard Habs fans this thread is sorta about. If the team looses sure I get pi$$ed off, I`ll go beat the hell out of my punching bag but I don`t come on the board and go on a rant after 1 loss or even 5 losses. I don`t get down on certain players who have a few lousy games either. I don`t love every habs player but who does??? Same with management and the coaches. Just because they loose once I don`t want a new coach/GM. The way I see it as long as there`s an NHL and the Montreal Canadiens I`ll be watching them every saturday night for the rest of my life. When I`m 70 years old watching the habs win there 50th stanley cup I`ll look back to the 1998-99 to 2002-03 days which have been far from great and say "hey aren`t ya glad you aren`t one of those loser bandwagon jumpers from HF BOARDS"


Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.