HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ovechkin Suspended 3 Games For Hit On Michalek

Old
01-24-2012, 12:22 AM
Aquatic n Flightless

vCash: 500
I'm def. not saying that all the players on the Penguins roster are Mother Teressa's by the way.

Aquatic n Flightless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 12:38 AM
Erz8771

The mainboard almost just made my head explode. Enough of that tonight.

Erz8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 12:57 AM
lastcupever75
NY Roadkill

dirty SOB

lastcupever75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 01:49 AM
Sidney the Kidney
Injured Reserve

vCash: 1000
I'm actually surprised he got 3 games. While his hit was the type they seem to be cracking down on, it seems kind of ludicrous he gets as many games as Pacioretty got for his hit on Letang.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 01:50 AM
Jaded-Fan

I would not have complained if Michalek had recieved a game. Ovechkin's suspension is right on the money though. He obviously has learned nothing from his crossing the line numerous times in the past. Only a fraction of which he recieved a suspension for. The league had to step in or he really would feel that the rules do not apply to him and would not stop the dangerous plays.

The shame is that he does not need to do that. He can hit hard without leaving his feet. And that is not even the part of the game that makes him special. It is his shot. I hope for him, his fans, and the game, he learns something from this. It is the only part of his game I do not respect and appreciate.

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 02:29 AM
Ominous Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
LOL

Main boards are going to be AWESOME since Z got nothing. This is going to be fun.
This. I called this when I saw the suspension.

The main boards are an absolute ****-show. The thread is 30 pages! Capitals fans desperately want to be relevant, and it really shines through in the comments.

Just sit back and watch the hate. Let it flow...

How amazing would it be if the Capitals missed out on the playoffs by a couple points? We may never hear the end of this!

Ominous Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 02:35 AM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 50
It's about ****ing time that that reckless POS got punished just like anyone else. Apparantly there's even murmurings about him potentially turning around and skipping the ASG now. Frankly, that doesn't surprise me... the dude is a joke, plain and simple.

I'm gonna laugh my ass off if this suspension totally neuters him (like what's happened to Cooke) and he declines even faster/gets even worse statistically overall career wise as a result.

As talented as he may have been (and there's no denying that), D-bags like him do not deserve to have long, fruitful, and prosperous NHL careers as far as I'm concerned. I still say that one of these days (because of all the enemies he's presumably made over time with his recklessness), he's gonna piss off the wrong guy and they're gonna turn around and give him a taste of his own medicine. And then he will be finished, and have nobody to blame but himself. Harsh? Yes. Fair? Absolutely.

It really is a shame that the fate of our captain (whom is miles ahead of Ovie as a player, a leader, and in terms of work ethic and skill and always will be) is hanging in the balance all because of a cheap hit. Yet Ovie on the other hand still has the priviledge of waking up, going to the rink, lacing them up, and potentially having a great career if he wasn't such a lazy jackass who didn't play with the dangerously over the top recklessness that the NHL is trying to eliminate...since it results in these cheap hits.

Bah.

Last edited by MetalheadPenguinsFan: 01-24-2012 at 02:40 AM.
MetalheadPenguinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 03:37 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

I was wondering if the league had the guts to suspend one of it's biggest stars. It was definitely a dirty hit and he has a history of this stuff.

I also would have been fine with Michalek getting a game or two, but I guess he got off the hook for having little/no history of dirty play.

Captain Hook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 03:48 AM
EdwardBlake
This is all a joke.

As much as I love Z, behind Letang he is my favorite d. He earned at least some form of punishment with that hit. He should've gotten as a non offender a game or a fine. Ovy got what he got, but Z should've gotten something. Will I complain about Z not punished? No, but did he deserve something? Yes. Glad to see Ovy get something though, but that should've been a two way street with the two of them with the game overall.

EdwardBlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 07:08 AM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
I'm actually surprised he got 3 games. While his hit was the type they seem to be cracking down on, it seems kind of ludicrous he gets as many games as Pacioretty got for his hit on Letang.
I guess he got 3 games instead of 2 because he's a repeat offender. I can understand why Caps fans are peeved that OV got 3 but Bourque only got 5 when he concussed Backstrom and had already been suspended this season.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 08:36 AM
Inklings
and you feel shame

Send a message via AIM to Inklings Send a message via Yahoo to Inklings
First time offender, Deryk Engelland was suspended 3 games for leaving his feat and hitting a player in the head. The player he hit played the rest of the game also. I'm not sure what being a repeat offender really gets ya these days....

Inklings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 08:38 AM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inklings View Post
First time offender, Deryk Engelland was suspended 3 games for leaving his feat and hitting a player in the head. The player he hit played the rest of the game also. I'm not sure what being a repeat offender really gets ya these days....
Kruger was injured though, Michalek's fine thankfully.

Old
01-24-2012, 08:51 AM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Aquatic n Flightless: Just wanted to make you aware that someone has hacked in to your HF Boards account and has been using your user name to post idiotic comments on the Capitals board that makes all Penguin fans look pathetic.

BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 08:53 AM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquatic n Flightless View Post
I'm def. not saying that all the players on the Penguins roster are Mother Teressa's by the way.
Aquatic n Flightless: Just wanted to make you aware that someone has hacked in to your HF Boards account and has been using your user name to post idiotic comments on the Capitals board that makes all Penguin fans look pathetic.

BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 10:06 AM
MrBurgundy
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
Kruger was injured though, Michalek's fine thankfully.
I really hate the fact that they factor in whether or not the victim gets injured.

MrBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 10:13 AM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
I really hate the fact that they factor in whether or not the victim gets injured.
it definitely should factor in somewhat but I think they give it too much weight.

Old
01-24-2012, 10:44 AM
MrBurgundy
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
it definitely should factor in somewhat but I think they give it too much weight.
I don't know... if they want to be consistent, then punish the hit, not the result.

I don't care if the other person got hurt or not, if you made a dangerous play, then you should be punished as if they were because the next time the victim might not be so lucky.

MrBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 10:57 AM
smetana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
Had to click over and read your board. I have to say, A n F definitely is a bit over the top, and his three-posts-per minute style would annoy anyone. His opinions are his own, no more, no less.

As long as you brought your sarcasm to our board, I will say that the general Cap fan consensus today that:

1) Ovechkin did not deserve a suspension

and 2) Crosby has only himself to blame for his health woes, as Steckel was an innocent bystander

are very laughable. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to check out that drivel.

smetana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 11:03 AM
Saku11

I sense bit of "playing the victim" on the mainboards.

Saku11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 12:35 PM
Frederick Stanley
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Ovi won't take part in the ASG, what a baby. He didn't deserve it anyway.

Frederick Stanley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 12:39 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smetana View Post
Had to click over and read your board. I have to say, A n F definitely is a bit over the top, and his three-posts-per minute style would annoy anyone. His opinions are his own, no more, no less.

As long as you brought your sarcasm to our board, I will say that the general Cap fan consensus today that:

1) Ovechkin did not deserve a suspension

and 2) Crosby has only himself to blame for his health woes, as Steckel was an innocent bystanderare very laughable. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to check out that drivel.
Yeah I saw that. Kind of surprised that they are still in moron mode defending that, or even care to anymore, as Steckle is no longer with them. Crosby is not easy to catch unawares. He was heading to the bench and was almost there with the period winding down and almost over. So that would be one of the few times you actually could catch him completely unexpecting anything. Steckle was behind him and had to have seen him. I am sure it was meant to be a cheap shot with far more serious consequences than was intended. But anyone saying it was not a cheap shot is fooling themselves.

Old
01-24-2012, 12:41 PM
Erz8771

OV isnt doing himself an favors with the league by bailing out on the asg.

Old
01-24-2012, 12:42 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintersiziz77 View Post
OV isnt doing himself an favors with the league by bailing out on the asg.
I do not think he actual has said that yet, has he?

Old
01-24-2012, 12:44 PM
Erz8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
Said what?. Its confirmed hes not going if thats what you mean.

Old
01-24-2012, 12:45 PM
Frederick Stanley
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
Yes, he has.

Quote:
Washington Capitals General Manager George McPhee said Tuesday that Ovechkin has decided to remove himself from the weekend's events because of a three-game suspension handed to him by the NHL on Monday. McPhee said Ovechkin doesn't want to be a distraction. McPhee also said the team supports the decision.

Frederick Stanley is online now   Reply With Quote