HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Minnesota's top 4 defenseman and spare parts...

Old
01-23-2012, 06:42 PM
usernam*
#TeamSuccess

vCash: 500
OP is a notorious Koivu hater, but for anyone who wants to know, KOIVU WILL NOT BE MOVED. He is the heart and soul of the team, and the captain that just signed a long term deal.

OP likes to look at trades from a cold-blooded and purely business point of view, while ignoring the other aspects like what he means to the organization and the fans, as well as chemistry.

usernam* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 06:53 PM
saywut

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
If Clutterbuck was available for young defenseman, you have to believe Dean Lombardi would give you guys a call. We have quite a few young puck moving dman that could be moved. Right now, we have three that look to be a part of our core and most likely none will be moved for the foreseeable future and they are Doughty, Johnson, and Voynov.

Martinez has shown he is more than capable of being a top 4, puck mover who is average in his own zone and ever improving. He's young and not playing any games right now due to no room and he deserves ice time but won't get it here. A deal centered around Martinez and picks for Clutterbuck would be nice.

If Brodziak could play wing, I would love to get him too/instead of Clutter since I doubt he'd be traded
Martinez would be an ideal addition to our club. We lack speed and puck movement, and you can tell those are the assets we desire because we drafted Jonas Brodin 10th overall last year.

However, I don't see Clutterbuck being moved for him, we'd probably only move Cal in a package like the Kings did with Simmonds. And with where we are, both standings and lack of depth at center, I doubt we'd trade Brodziak off as a rental, though Martinez would be an ideal return.

saywut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 07:32 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns4Norris View Post
OP is a notorious Koivu hater, but for anyone who wants to know, KOIVU WILL NOT BE MOVED. He is the heart and soul of the team, and the captain that just signed a long term deal.

OP likes to look at trades from a cold-blooded and purely business point of view, while ignoring the other aspects like what he means to the organization and the fans, as well as chemistry.
Funny that your name is Burns.

BTW Bruno was part of the heart and soul of this team for years and guess what? WE DIDN'T RESIGN HIM.

Ryan Smyth was the heart and soul of Edmonton. They moved him.

I don't hate Koivu but Wild fans that put him as a top center in this league are delusional. He's maybe a top 15-25 at best but he's a) constantly injured b) not fitting in with the pieces we get or c) not scoring.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 07:38 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by saywut View Post
Martinez would be an ideal addition to our club. We lack speed and puck movement, and you can tell those are the assets we desire because we drafted Jonas Brodin 10th overall last year.

However, I don't see Clutterbuck being moved for him, we'd probably only move Cal in a package like the Kings did with Simmonds. And with where we are, both standings and lack of depth at center, I doubt we'd trade Brodziak off as a rental, though Martinez would be an ideal return.
Right now, the Kings need a few things: a top end scoring winger, preferably a LWer, and 3rd liners who can chip in a bit of offense and be a physical presence because having 3rd line wingers of Brad Richardson and Trevor Lewis just isn't working.

Right now, the Kings have 7 natural centers on the team. Yes, that was correct. 7 of them. On D, we carry 8 D but the same 6 stay in barring injury. Martinez deserves ice time but has been outplayed by Voynov for that 3rd puck moving slot. I don't see him being moved for anything but wingers who can score, be it in a package for a 1st liner or in some deal for a 3rd line winger. I only really see three people the Kings would be interested in and that would be Clutterbuck, or Brodziak or Cullen if either could play wing. And to be honest I think really only Clutterbuck would be a target because we don't need another natural center. We need natural wingers

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 08:42 PM
usernam*
#TeamSuccess

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
Funny that your name is Burns.

BTW Bruno was part of the heart and soul of this team for years and guess what? WE DIDN'T RESIGN HIM.

Ryan Smyth was the heart and soul of Edmonton. They moved him.

I don't hate Koivu but Wild fans that put him as a top center in this league are delusional. He's maybe a top 15-25 at best but he's a) constantly injured b) not fitting in with the pieces we get or c) not scoring.
I've had this name since January 19th, 2011, so I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean.

Top 15-25 center in the league? Sounds like a top line center to me. And if you can't see the difference between Brunette and Koivu to this team, god help you.

There hasn't been consistency this season to give him time to mesh with Heatley or Setoguchi, so you can't blame him for that. Besides, he's done pretty well with Clutterbuck when they're together. Big surprise there, doing well with someone he's had time to become familiar with.

Old
01-23-2012, 08:53 PM
gdsmack267

Id love zanon on the pens bottom pairing

gdsmack267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 09:12 PM
Petes2424

Zidlicky and Shultz would both interest Detroit if they were available. More Shultz but both players are type of defensemen they've acquired over the years. Much like Brad Stuart I could see a 2nd and 4th for Shultz.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 09:18 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

To Min- Keith Ballard, Mason Raymond, Jordan Schroeder
To Van- Marek Zidlicky, Cal Clutterbuck

Drop the Sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 09:29 PM
Mancini79

Send a message via MSN to Mancini79 Send a message via Yahoo to Mancini79
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdsmack267 View Post
Id love zanon on the pens bottom pairing
Would Dustin Jeffrey work in Return? Or could we slightly upgrade for Tangradi?

Just want to clarify as why these 2. I do think it was a loss for the Wild when we lost Gillies, not a huge loss, but a loss none the less. This could potentially fix that.

Mancini79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 11:15 PM
Vashanesh
My best outfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
To Min- Keith Ballard, Mason Raymond, Jordan Schroeder
To Van- Marek Zidlicky, Cal Clutterbuck
No interest in Ballard, we had a chance at Schroeder and let you guys draft him instead and while I personally really like Raymond, he's just plain too fast for our team, we have no one would could keep up with him...

If Clutter moves, it WILL be for an overpayment by these boards' standards.

I'm 100% OK with moving him, because I think he's overrated, but there's realistically no way he'll be moved for anything short of a high-quality PMD, or as a part of a package for a true top-6 winger or 1A/1B center.

Vashanesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 11:24 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
Yeah ness is our homeboy
I was glad to read the posts about Ness having a solid season.

He'd reportedly resisted leaving the Minn. program,when the isles let him know they were unhappy with his development there.I'd pretty much given up on him as a wasted pick last season.

I think De Haan and Donovan are both ahead of him on the depth chart,so he should be expendable.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 11:28 PM
Hero
The Corporal Returns

Clutterbuck would fetch something decent if made available.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 11:38 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I was glad to read the posts about Ness having a solid season.

He'd reportedly resisted leaving the Minn. program,when the isles let him know they were unhappy with his development there.I'd pretty much given up on him as a wasted pick last season.

I think De Haan and Donovan are both ahead of him on the depth chart,so he should be expendable.
I would definitely move Ness and our 2nd for Zidlicky. I'm just glad he wasn't talking about Brock Nelson, who's from Minnesota either though he's from North Dakota territory.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 11:39 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Aulie + 2nd for Clutterbuck ?

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 11:47 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
I would definitely move Ness and our 2nd for Zidlicky. I'm just glad he wasn't talking about Brock Nelson, who's from Minnesota either though he's from North Dakota territory.
I was thinking Ness + a 2nd for Schultz,since he isn't a ufa for 2 more seasons.
Zidlicky is a ufa after next season.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 03:23 AM
usernam*
#TeamSuccess

Quote:
Brock Nelson is from Warroad. That's in Minnesota.

Old
01-24-2012, 05:18 AM
forthewild

Quote:
not only is it in MN its a storied and history rich program

forthewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 05:45 AM
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
Well Tampa would be interested in Harding but unless he signs an extention we would wait and try to get him during the summer instead.

01-24-2012, 09:14 AM
nickschultzfan

This guy doesn't speak for Wild fans.

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 11:59 AM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
This guy doesn't speak for Wild fans.
This.

I only really post on the Wild forums here, but I have the OP dude on ignore.

Realistically, the only roster players on the board for trades from the Wild are (weighted in proposed value with expected returns);

1. Harding (2nd + upper/mid prospect)
2. Brodziak (2nd + mid prospect)
3. Zidlicky (2nd)
4. Zanon (3rd/4th)
5. Lundin (3rd/4th)
6. Staubtiz (4th/5th)

All of the others he listed should not be going anywhere, at least in my opinion.

bozak911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 02:05 PM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 1534
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
This.

I only really post on the Wild forums here, but I have the OP dude on ignore.

Realistically, the only roster players on the board for trades from the Wild are (weighted in proposed value with expected returns);

1. Harding (2nd + upper/mid prospect)
2. Brodziak (2nd + mid prospect)
3. Zidlicky (2nd)
4. Zanon (3rd/4th)
5. Lundin (3rd/4th)
6. Staubtiz (4th/5th)

All of the others he listed should not be going anywhere, at least in my opinion.
^ This.

I'm guessing the OP said the other Wild players were available in order to add interest to the thread - after all, who wants to talk about "spare part-type players" on a hockey trade forum?

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 02:12 PM
walloftvs

vCash: 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by bral View Post
What do you want from LA for Clutterbuck?

Alec Martinez + ?
Clutter + Zidlicky/Schultz

for

JMFJ ?

walloftvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 02:23 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

Quote:
I know that, I meant for where he chose to go to college. Apparently he's from the area of Minnesota that roots for UND.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 03:21 PM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

Quote:
I know that, I meant for where he chose to go to college. Apparently he's from the area of Minnesota that roots for UND.
Loyalty varies in that area between UND, UMD, BSU, and UM.

Northland Wild Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 05:00 PM
usernam*
#TeamSuccess

Quote:
I go to the same school he does and I'm from a southern suburb of the cities. Loyalty doesn't really have boundaries.