HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All-purpose trade rumors and speculation thread #2

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2012, 01:22 PM
Iron Chef

vCash: 500
David Pollak acknowledged the speculation that Brad Stuart could potentially sign as a Shark at the end of the season. Stuart's family stayed back in SJ and he's been quoted as saying that its been difficult on them.

Would you guys want him back? I bet he'd be willing to give a hometown discount if DW could assure him that he'd finish his career with SJ.

Old
01-24-2012, 01:42 PM
SJeasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Chef View Post
David Pollak acknowledged the speculation that Brad Stuart could potentially sign as a Shark at the end of the season. Stuart's family stayed back in SJ and he's been quoted as saying that its been difficult on them.

Would you guys want him back? I bet he'd be willing to give a hometown discount if DW could assure him that he'd finish his career with SJ.
The question is would the org want him back. He was the one being shopped at the time of the Thornton trade. Would he be another Nolan? Another where it is pretty obvious that the org doesn't want a return engagement.

His skills have declined.

Old
01-24-2012, 01:53 PM
SJeasy

A note for others about the no rentals comment. It is a backhanded message to the players. All players acknowledge their feeling of the orgs trust in their being a contender when a rental is acquired. No rentals is a pretty strong statement from DW to the players. It is also a backhanded way of saying that he has pretty much run out of spare assets.

Old
01-24-2012, 01:57 PM
Chaotic8
Boarding Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Chef View Post

Nooope

Old
01-24-2012, 02:30 PM
stalockrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJeasy View Post
A note for others about the no rentals comment. It is a backhanded message to the players. All players acknowledge their feeling of the orgs trust in their being a contender when a rental is acquired. No rentals is a pretty strong statement from DW to the players. It is also a backhanded way of saying that he has pretty much run out of spare assets.
I'd like to know where you get your info from - sources or whatever that a comment made by Drew Remend (NOT Wilson) during a broadcast against the Oilers make you jump to A) That's Wilson's (backhanded) way of telling his team and coaches they aren't good enough to win and B) It's his (backhanded) way of telling all of the other suits in the league that he's got nothing to trade.

I didn't even hear the comment from Drew, yes I was watching the game, so I don't know what his actual quote was but I seriously doubt Wilson is using Remenda as a 'mouthpiece' to get a message to his players.

Old
01-24-2012, 02:37 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalockrox View Post
I'd like to know where you get your info from - sources or whatever that a comment made by Drew Remend (NOT Wilson) during a broadcast against the Oilers make you jump to A) That's Wilson's (backhanded) way of telling his team and coaches they aren't good enough to win and B) It's his (backhanded) way of telling all of the other suits in the league that he's got nothing to trade.

I didn't even hear the comment from Drew, yes I was watching the game, so I don't know what his actual quote was but I seriously doubt Wilson is using Remenda as a 'mouthpiece' to get a message to his players.
it was postgame. and I believe his exact words were "Wilson has made it clear that will not be bringing in another rental player". That said, no, i don't think he was being Wilsons mouthpiece, just repeating something he was told.

Old
01-24-2012, 02:47 PM
Gilligans Island

Quote:
I'm not getting this part. What message does it send to the team if DW doesn't want a rental? He should want a non-rental.

To the rest of the GMs, I don't think it's any surprise that that Sharks have very little assets, If it's so obvious to us fans, it's pretty darn obvious to all GMs...

Quote:
The question is would the org want him back. He was the one being shopped at the time of the Thornton trade. Would he be another Nolan? Another where it is pretty obvious that the org doesn't want a return engagement.

His skills have declined.
But probably good enough and better than Murray's. That's what we'd need. Not the Stuart of 2005...

Old
01-24-2012, 02:50 PM
stalockrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
it was postgame. and I believe his exact words were "Wilson has made it clear that will not be bringing in another rental player". That said, no, i don't think he was being Wilsons mouthpiece, just repeating something he was told.
Like I said, I watched it and didn't hear it...I didn't say Drew didn't say it.

Old
01-24-2012, 04:01 PM
Vaasa

You also need to consider that "no rentals" might also include impending UFA's that Wilson is pretty sure he can re-sign or where he gets permission to at least feel out the player on an extension first. So don't discount the UFA's especially considering what assets the Sharks have to move.

Old
01-24-2012, 05:05 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1379
If Stuey took a massive discount to be with his family, which I bet he would, I'd absolutely love him back in Teal. We could play him on the bottom pairing when we're healthy, and I'd have absolutely no qualms of playing him top-4 in case of injury.

Old
01-24-2012, 05:25 PM
SJSharks42

Pierre Lebrun answered my rant about the Sharks. He says he knows from sources around the League that DW is in fact making calls about top 6 forwards.

Old
01-24-2012, 05:27 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJSharks42 View Post
Pierre Lebrun answered my rant about the Sharks. He says he knows from sources around the League that DW is in fact making calls about top 6 forwards.
Get on with it then Doug, so we can have something to talk about finally I'm having rosterbation withdrawals.

Old
01-24-2012, 05:29 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJSharks42 View Post
Good. I'm glad to hear that.

Old
01-24-2012, 05:35 PM
CommanderShepard15
Eberle=Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by superroyain10 View Post
I would not discount Parise.

1) He's youngish
2) He is an incredible talent, a franchise player. The kind of kind DW targets.
3) The Sharks were looking at him during the draft all those years ago
4) DW and LR have a good relationship. It doesn't hurt that they are in opposite conferences.
3) We took Steve fatass Bernier over him

Anyway, If what Wilson said about rentals is true, he may mean that hes not aquiring players he know he wont sign: White, Campbell, Guerin, Moen.

He may view parise as someone who wouldnt be a rental, ala he would be able to sign him for sure. This may have been planned for sometime. The trading of Heatley may have meant that 1) heatley was to much in caphit, 2) He thought he could get parise. Parise takes Heaters spot, and Heatley becomes useless.

Looky there, i could make a site and call it HockeyRumours, or HockeyBuzz

Old
01-24-2012, 05:37 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloweForbidzYou View Post

Anyway, If what Wilson said about rentals is true, he may mean that hes not aquiring players he know he wont sign: White, Campbell, Guerin, Moen.

He may view parise as someone who wouldnt be a rental, ala he would be able to sign him for sure. This may have been planned for sometime. The trading of Heatley may have meant that 1) heatley was to much in caphit, 2) He thought he could get parise. Parise takes Heaters spot, and Heatley becomes useless.

******* Steven Bernier. Ugh.

But anyway, ignoring the fact that this is a complete pipe dream, I wouldn't consider Parise a rental because DW would do absolutely anything in his power to re-sign him, and that includes trading a Clowe, Murray, trying to deal Boyle. DW isn't dumb enough to trade for Parise and let him walk.

Old
01-24-2012, 05:53 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloweForbidzYou View Post

Parise is going to get $8m on the open market, unless we are moving Thornton or Marleau, we can't afford that. Even if we move Boyle, it makes us too heavy on the front end. I don't see how he could move Thornton or Marleau at this point, with the NMC's and their contracts running out in 2013 anyway.

While your at it, lets dump all 3!

We'll send Thornton to CBJ for Nash
Marleau + 1st to EDM for 1st overall 2012
Boyle to MIN for 1st + prospect
Sign Parise for $8m
Sign Suter for $7m
Sign Stuart for $2m

Parise - Couture - Nash
Clowe - Pavelski - Nail
Mcginn - Handzus - Havlat
Winchester - Desjardins - Murray
Sheppard

Stuart - Suter
Vlasic - Burns
Demers - Braun
Petrecki

Cup! easy

Old
01-24-2012, 05:56 PM
SJeasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehJuxtaposer View Post
******* Steven Bernier. Ugh.

But anyway, ignoring the fact that this is a complete pipe dream, I wouldn't consider Parise a rental because DW would do absolutely anything in his power to re-sign him, and that includes trading a Clowe, Murray, trying to deal Boyle. DW isn't dumb enough to trade for Parise and let him walk.
When doing trades, the trading team can allow the acquiring team to talk extension before the trade is executed. That is the only way I could see DW moving forward on one of the pending UFAs considering his recent statement to Drew.

Old
01-24-2012, 05:58 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
When doing trades, the trading team can allow the acquiring team to talk extension before the trade is executed. That is the only way I could see DW moving forward on one of the pending UFAs considering his recent statement to Drew.
Can they? Then I'm certain that DW would insist upon that.

Old
01-24-2012, 06:02 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Can they? Then I'm certain that DW would insist upon that.
If I remember right, that was reportedly one of the original holdups on the Niclas Wallin trade.

Old
01-24-2012, 06:03 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
If I remember right, that was reportedly one of the original holdups on the Niclas Wallin trade.
What, the Canes GM wouldn't let DW talk to Wally about an extension?

Old
01-24-2012, 06:04 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
What, the Canes GM wouldn't let DW talk to Wally about an extension?
No, DW was talking to Wallin about a contract extension but they couldn't get it done then for whatever reason.

Old
01-24-2012, 06:05 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
No, DW was talking to Wallin about a contract extension but they couldn't get it done then for whatever reason.
Maybe it was for the better.

Old
01-24-2012, 06:05 PM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post

We'll send Thornton to CBJ for Nash
Marleau + 1st to EDM for 1st overall 2012
Boyle to MIN for 1st + prospect
Sign Parise for $8m
Sign Suter for $7m
Sign Stuart for $2m

Parise - Couture - Nash
Clowe - Pavelski - Nail
Mcginn - Handzus - Havlat
Winchester - Desjardins - Murray
Sheppard

Stuart - Suter
Vlasic - Burns
Demers - Braun
Petrecki

Cup! easy
But knowing the Sharks luck the following would happen.

-Parise would break his knee
-Nail's back would finally give out completely
-Nash would get a concussion
-Stuart throws out his back after spending time with his wife for the first time in months ()
-Havlat would tear his hammy again except this time from stepping out of his car
-Suter discovers In-N-Out and becomes the dustin penner of dmen
-Burns gets bitten by a snake
-Sheppard is eaten by said snake
-Handguns or Winchester misfires and injures McGinn
-Couture quits hockey to pursue a rapping career
-Thornton has a record breaking year and leads CBJ to a cup
-The next year Marleau has a record breaking year and leads EDM to a cup
-The 3rd year you guessed it, Boyle has a record breaking year and leads MIN to a cup.

Old
01-24-2012, 06:07 PM
CommanderShepard15
Eberle=Clutch

[QUOTE=hockeyball;43040555]Parise is going to get $8m on the open market, unless we are moving Thornton or Marleau, we can't afford that. Even if we move Boyle, it makes us too heavy on the front end. I don't see how he could move Thornton or Marleau at this point, with the NMC's and their contracts running out in 2013 anyway.

QUOTE]
I get your point. But i doubt Parise gets 8m. Hes definately closer to 7m.

Old
01-24-2012, 06:07 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
But knowing the Sharks luck the following would happen.

-Parise would break his knee
-Nail's back would finally give out completely
-Nash would get a concussion
-Stuart throws out his back after spending time with his wife for the first time in months ()
-Havlat would tear his hammy again except this time from stepping out of his car
-Suter discovers In-N-Out and becomes the dustin penner of dmen
-Burns gets bitten by a snake
-Sheppard is eaten by said snake
-Handguns or Winchester misfires and injures McGinn
-Couture quits hockey to pursue a rapping career
-Thornton has a record breaking year and leads CBJ to a cup
-The next year Marleau has a record breaking year and leads EDM to a cup
-The 3rd year you guessed it, Boyle has a record breaking year and leads MIN to a cup.
Thanks. I needed a laugh.

But in all seriousness. Sheppard would be too buttery for the snake.

Closed Thread