HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ovechkin Suspended 3 Games For Hit On Michalek

Old
01-24-2012, 11:46 AM
Jaded-Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick Stanley View Post
Yes, he has.
Ouch. And to actually say it is because he is pouting over the suspension is amazing. He is becoming Jagr part two. And Washington did not deal very well with the first version, and they have this one until the next milleneum. Did they name a replacement yet? Maybe Neal will finally get in, although I have mixed feelings about that. More ammo for his agent in contract negotiations.

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 12:10 PM
ComplianceBuyout

Hartnell is his replacement I think. Wtv, Neal deserves his Florida vacation

ComplianceBuyout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 12:13 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots

Quote:
Originally Posted by G60time View Post
Hartnell is his replacement I think. Wtv, Neal deserves his Florida vacation
Hartnell is replacing Toews.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Big McLargehuge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 12:34 PM
ComplianceBuyout

Correct you are. I bow my head in shame and exit the thread at once

ComplianceBuyout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 12:48 PM
NastyNick

Neal might replace Ovechkin. Now that the grape ape has decided to throw a tantrum and quit the ASG. That would be awesome.

NastyNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 12:48 PM
HuskerTornado
Waiting for October

Ovechkin is a big ****ing baby. Throws a temper tantrum after receiving a legitimate suspension. Sack up, *********.

HuskerTornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 12:50 PM
crosby is the sauce

this "self-punishment" attempt to save-face is pretty funny

edit: lol mainboard is always retarded, i seriously cant go on there without wanting to troll the **** out of it

crosby is the sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 12:58 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Beastmode Penguins

The main board has turned into a bunch of Caps fans defending Ovechkin's decision.

I wonder how many of those same Caps fans would be defending Crosby if this was Crosby who got suspended and decided to skip the ASG because he was sulking over the suspension?

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 01:01 PM
Mo Wanchuk
Embrace the Hate

And you know Teddy had to chime in:

Quote:
Capitals owner Ted Leonsis, on this blog Tuesday morning, expressed frustration with the 3-game ban:

I do not agree in any way with the suspension of Alex Ovechkin for 3 games. I support Alex Ovechkin. He is our bedrock player — our Captain; and he and his family know that we are always here to support him.

The decision has been made; and George McPhee will address the media today with our thoughts and concerns about the suspension.

Mo Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 01:04 PM
SirBrad

This guy is the biggest piece of crap. Just doesn't face all the media.

SirBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 01:11 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Wanchuk View Post
And you know Teddy had to chime in:
Quote:
I support Alex Ovechkin. He is our bedrock player
Well I hope they yabba-dabba-do continue to suck from now until the end of time. And as a result they get their ***** kicked back to the Stone Age for years.

Sorry, lame but I had to.

MetalheadPenguinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 01:14 PM
Mo Wanchuk
Embrace the Hate

Can you imagine if they would've taken Geno 1st and we ended up with this D-bag? How do ya think that would've played out?

Mo Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 01:16 PM
cassius

The best part about guys like Ovechkin... they have such bad attitudes that they end up defeating themselves.

Crosby/Malkin? Totally opposite.

Thats why the sum of parts is always greater for the Penguins and the opposite way for the Capitals. I'm so happy that none of our superstars are self-centered with attitude issues.

cassius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 01:18 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 934
I still say he'll be in the KHL by 30, if not sooner.

MetalheadPenguinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 01:35 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Wanchuk View Post
Can you imagine if they would've taken Geno 1st and we ended up with this D-bag? How do ya think that would've played out?
He does not exactly fit the Pens' mold. We likely would be a vastly different team though if that had happened. First, one less ball in the Crosby lottery likely means no Crosby. But even assuming that we got Crosby, this team would be built in a very different way than it was built. More like the early 90's teams I would bet. You do not make a player like Ovechkin change his game, you build around him. Something that the Caps should have done and one reason I think that he is slumping.

He is a great talent and we would have been fine with him other than Malkin. But we are better with Malkin in many ways. But Ovechkin is getting undervalued now on these boards.

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 01:38 PM
vikingGoalie

thing is, we almost got Ovechkin.
Pittsburgh was favored to get the #1 pick but the Caps got it, I remember being steamed at the time. We were terrible and at least we could get the #1 overall pick, but no. nice silver lining getting Malkin eh?

We would have picked ovechkin up too if we would have had the #1 pick.
The thing is. if we would have gotten him, with Mario as the owner, and then later picking up Crosby and his work ethic.
Ovechkin not being the captain. Who knows, that sort of influence might have resulted in a different Ovechkin.

When the owner comes out in support of his Captain leaving his feet and crunching an opponent's head what can you say about that? I can't imagine that Dale Hunter likes it. He really needs the "C" removed from his Jersey.

Really if the Caps were smart they would trade ovechkin to the Jackets for Rick Nash and the #1 overall pick + maybe a prospect.
The Jackets probably would do it too as Ovechkin would put butts in the seats. Of course that'll never happen. Sure he has a NTC.

vikingGoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 01:48 PM
Polaris Husky
The North Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingGoalie View Post
Pittsburgh was favored to get the #1 pick but the Caps got it, I remember being steamed at the time. We were terrible and at least we could get the #1 overall pick, but no. nice silver lining getting Malkin eh?

The thing is. if we would have gotten him, with Mario as the owner, and then later picking up Crosby and his work ethic.
Ovechkin not being the captain. Who knows, that sort of influence might have resulted in a different Ovechkin.

When the owner comes out in support of his Captain leaving his feet and crunching an opponent's head what can you say about that? I can't imagine that Dale Hunter likes it. He really needs the "C" removed from his Jersey.

Really if the Caps were smart they would trade ovechkin to the Jackets for Rick Nash and the #1 overall pick + maybe a prospect.
The Jackets probably would do it too as Ovechkin would put butts in the seats. Of course that'll never happen. Sure he has a NTC.
Two of the most irritating Pens' rivals (Carter and OV) wasting away in Jacketsland?

Columbus probably deserves better.

Polaris Husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 02:05 PM
Letanger*

Hartnell is having a good year as well but if NHL wanted to stick it to Ovie they should let Neal take his spot.

Letanger* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 02:08 PM
Shady Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingGoalie View Post

Huh? I hate Ovechkin as much as the next Pens fan, but he isn't far removed from the "best player in the game" talks. You don't trade those kind of players for a Rick Nash.

Shady Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 02:11 PM
Erz8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letanger View Post
Hartnell is having a good year as well but if NHL wanted to stick it to Ovie they should let Neal take his spot.
Hartnell took Toews spot. AO spot is still up for grabs.

Erz8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 02:15 PM
Saku11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
Huh? I hate Ovechkin as much as the next Pens fan, but he isn't far removed from the "best player in the game" talks. You don't trade those kind of players for a Rick Nash.
Agreed.He can suddenly just show up and absolutely tear this league apart.A lot of Pens fans underestimate him

Saku11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 02:17 PM
Erz8771

odognine2 Jeff ONeill
Ovechkin confirmed will rap with Drizzy after the 2nd. Won't play though.

Old
01-24-2012, 02:18 PM
Erz8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saku11 View Post
Agreed.He can suddenly just show up and absolutely tear this league apart.A lot of Pens fans underestimate him
I think he has showed up. But teams know how to play him. Some people might not like this but hes one dimensional.

Old
01-24-2012, 02:20 PM
Saku11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintersiziz77 View Post
I think he has showed up. But teams know how to play him. Some people might not like this but hes one dimensional.
Lets just say i want Fleury far away from him come playoff time.

Saku11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 02:21 PM
vikingGoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
Rick Nash is not exactly a slouch, you put him and Backstrom together rather then what he has now he would be pretty darn good.

I agree though. You don't trade an Ovechkin for Nash straight up, but an Ovechkin for Nash, 1st overall pick (probably Nail Yakupov ) a, +blue chip prospect/some other goodie. You don't think that would be even? I think the caps would be a better team for that exchange.

vikingGoalie is offline   Reply With Quote