HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ducks-Lightning

Old
01-24-2012, 12:50 PM
BKR

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Fever Dreams;43025569][QUOTE=BKR;43025385]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fever Dreams View Post
Jason Blake is the only bad contract we have and that expires this season, wtf are you smoking?

Hossa and Keith are also signed for what, the next decade? Visnovsky is one of the best PMDs in the league and next season he makes 3million salary and it's the last year of his contract. Show me where you can find a top pairing defender that can put up 50-70 pts a season for less than 5.6, without signing them for 10 years.

Keith's cap hit is also 5.5...wow, big difference.
Visnovsky's career avg is about 38 pts per season. And on any competetive team he's not a top pairing defender.

BKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 12:57 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSampson View Post
I think there's a reason why most people are talking about how nicely Malone will fit in with Anaheim and not Lydman on Tampa's blueline....

I don't think Lydman would have much impact in re-building that blueline. Tampa already has enough mid-30's aged defenders. Hasn't done much so far.
The few TB fans who posted didn't seem to hate the idea, but as I stated above, the lack of responses made me think it wasn't a much liked idea.

I think it depends where Stevie Y is taking the team. Is he doing a rebuild, or just retooling like we are/did?

I don't think many competing teams are going to take Malone's contract for just a pick due to cap hit. However, I can see a budget team like us adding him with some salary coming back. Here's the reasons I thought this would work:

why I think tampa does it:

-Stevie Y was quoted saying he wanted a top 4 defenseman but none were really available. I think that was at least a month ago though, so his thought process might have changed now.

-2nd round pick is probably going to be around 10th that round, so they add a decent draft pick.

-Lydman helps their defense. He's not the best top 4 defenseman anymore, but he's a lot better then some of what they have. If he doesn't do well, he's only signed for one more year after this at a modest 3 million.

Why I think anaheim does it:

-cap hit is irrelevant to us, and his salary is quite affordable.

-seems like a good fit with Getz and Perry, or could be the grinder on 2nd line with Ryan next year.

-Anaheim also has a lot of UFA's so this eliminates the need to sign another one this offseason. Plus FA's are often overpaid. Malone is not after this season IMO.

I don't know, wasn't sure about the idea, but seemed like a deal that could benefit both teams. Much better then the Leafs fans proposal of Kommi for Malone.

Duck Off is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 12:59 PM
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin

[QUOTE=BKR;43026047][QUOTE=Fever Dreams;43025569]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKR View Post

Visnovsky's career avg is about 38 pts per season. And on any competetive team he's not a top pairing defender.
His career PPG is .59 or 48 points per season, which is fantastic considering some of the crap teams he's played for.

Vinegar Strokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 01:02 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

[QUOTE=BKR;43026047][QUOTE=Fever Dreams;43025569]
Quote:

Nevermind the fact that he was top offensive defenseman last year? Not saying he's a top 2 defenseman on any team, but he's a top 3 on any team IMO. The fact that he's at 3 million next offseason is a steal.

The point is that you said we have a lot of overpaid players, and you said we were paying Lubo 5.6 million. Both of those statements are wrong.

Ducks don't care about cap hit, and the only players that are overpaid right now are Blake and Cogliano. IMO neither is severely overpaid. Blake is closest because he's making 3 million. I think both players should be around 1.75, so ducks really don't have that many bad contracts on the team.

Old
01-24-2012, 01:55 PM
snowden
Man is matter

Malone is oft injured and has an NMC. Although I think it turns into an NTC with a list of 12 teams soon. Might not be that bad of a trade but not really exciting either.

snowden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 01:55 PM
caliamad

I like the idea OP, but something I read in the papers made me think that Murray is not in a rush to move Lydman. Apparently he played with a really bum shoulder last year because of the Duck's playoff drive/aspirations and it really affected his recovery. I think he blames Lydman's slow start to that.

I'm not saying he won't move Lydman, but I don't think he views him as a 5th defenseman like most of us have this year... I think he's willing to write off the 1st half of the season and if he picks up his gave, bring him back next year.

caliamad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 02:06 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

I definitely don't think he is actively trying to move Lydman for reasons you mentioned, but I do think he would move him if it added a key piece to the future, which I believe Malone would be. Still though, I get the reasons for not moving him and I don't see him moved for a pick, even a 2nd.

Could see this as defense next year:

Beauchemin-Fowler
Sbisa-Lubo
Schultz-Lydman

Old
01-24-2012, 02:34 PM
Gliff
Wild Bill

Quote:

I'm not a smoker, but thank you for asking. Quacks are paying Visnovsky - $5.6mil. That is more than the likes of Hossa, Keith, etc.
Wrong. there is a difference between cap hit and salary. Visnovsky is getting payed 3 mil while Guys like Keith are getting paid probably in the upwards of 8 mil this year (capgeak is down).

Vis is a career 50 point guy while playing on TERRIBLE Kings and Oilers teams. His career average per season is over 48 points.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 03:07 PM
DuckJet
I love Monabae

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
To Anaheim: Ryan Malone

To Tampa: Toni Lydman, Dan Sexton, 2nd round pick

Forgive me if this is terrible. I'm not sure how Tampa fans feel about Malone. All I know is that I read that Yzerman was looking for a top 4 defenseman, and from what I've read here, Tampa fans didn't seem to mind giving up Malone.

Anaheim is going to have to adjust to life with out Selanne, and personally I think he retires this offseason. His production is still there, but he doesn't seem to be playing anywhere near the level he was last year IMO. For the first time he looks...old I guess. Anyway, the Ducks are going to have to move Ryan down to his spot on the 2nd line, and will be looking for a winger to play with Getz and Perry next year. Malone's price tag drops enough next season to where he would be affordable, and he seems like he'd be a great fit with them.

For the record, this would have to be a deadline deal, because IMO that's the only way the Ducks could afford Malone this year.

If this is way off, please don't flame me. I wasn't sure on Malone's value.
You mean like a top 10 talent in the league? You were talking about Teemu Selanne who is tied for 10th in the league in points right?

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 03:07 PM
chasespace

This is a decent offer. I'm stunned by it. I like it.

chasespace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 03:12 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
You mean like a top 10 talent in the league? You were talking about Teemu Selanne who is tied for 10th in the league in points right?
Teemu is my all time favorite player, but anyone who has watched him last 20 games or so will notice the decline in play. Yes points are still there, which is great for us, but for first time in his career, age seems to be factoring in.

Old
01-24-2012, 03:13 PM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

I like this offer, we could use lydman

Vasilevskiy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 03:31 PM
Gliff
Wild Bill

Quote:
Teemu is my all time favorite player, but anyone who has watched him last 20 games or so will notice the decline in play. Yes points are still there, which is great for us, but for first time in his career, age seems to be factoring in.
What else is there with Teemu except speed and points? He isnt a great defensive guy, he isnt physical. What else do you want but to score and carry the PP?

Old
01-24-2012, 04:28 PM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

Sure.

Ducks would have a rather big Top 6 too. Getzlaf, Ryan, Malone, Perry.

Doctor Drej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 04:36 PM
DuckJet
I love Monabae

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
What else is there with Teemu except speed and points? He isnt a great defensive guy, he isnt physical. What else do you want but to score and carry the PP?
I haven't noticed any sort of decline from his 2010-2011 form. And 2010-2012 Teemu still beats the hell out of 08-09 Teemu. He was slower then and missed the net on almost 50% of his shots. If he has regressed at all, it hasn't been much of a factor. And it sure hasn't showed.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 04:43 PM
Yzlamic Extremist
Johnny Ugly

Deal from Tampa's point of view. Too bad Malone will never waive his NMC.

Yzlamic Extremist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 04:54 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:

You mean 42 points per season, right? 38 sounds like you counted his partial seasons in Edmonton and Anaheim as 2 separate seasons (38.5).

And Keith's career average is 39 points per season.

snarktacular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 05:05 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
The quickness isn't there anymore. He still has some quick spurts, but he won't fly by defenders anymore. He's tried a few times and gets knocked off puck fairly easily. It's no coincidence he's become more of a setup man now. He's also fanning a lot more then he used to. I don't see how anyone who's watched the last 20 games doesn't notice the drop off. Ive seen every one of those games, and there's definitely been a drop off. If you disagree so be it I guess. Teemu strikes me as a pretty proud guy, and I honestly see him retiring.

Stay on topic though: after thinking about it, would Tampa fans be ok with sending a late pick back to us with Malone. I just think that's a more realistic trade. Like a 6th rounder?

Also why are some worried Malone wouldn't waive?

Old
01-24-2012, 05:09 PM
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 423
Quote:
The quickness isn't there anymore. He still has some quick spurts, but he won't fly by defenders anymore. He's tried a few times and gets knocked off puck fairly easily. It's no coincidence he's become more of a setup man now. He's also fanning a lot more then he used to. I don't see how anyone who's watched the last 20 games doesn't notice the drop off. Ive seen every one of those games, and there's definitely been a drop off. If you disagree so be it I guess. Teemu strikes me as a pretty proud guy, and I honestly see him retiring.

Stay on topic though: after thinking about it, would Tampa fans be ok with sending a late pick back to us with Malone. I just think that's a more realistic trade. Like a 6th rounder?

Also why are some worried Malone wouldn't waive?
He lives here full time, he has a kid born here, his parents live here and his dad works in the Lightning front office. Plus he would lose a decent amount of money moving from Florida to California.

X0X0A0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 05:40 PM
Gliff
Wild Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
You mean 42 points per season, right? 38 sounds like you counted his partial seasons in Edmonton and Anaheim as 2 separate seasons (38.5).

And Keith's career average is 39 points per season.
440 career points in 737 career games.

440/737=.59

.59*82=48.38

Not 38, not 42.

Old
01-24-2012, 05:46 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:

440/737=.59

.59*82=48.38

Not 38, not 42.
42 is his points per season. You're not accounting for injuries. Lubo is a little injury prone. I averaged his output for each season.

snarktacular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 05:48 PM
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin

Quote:

440/737=.59

.59*82=48.38

Not 38, not 42.
They are talking about yearly average, which I'll agree is a terrible way to approach the matter, but that's career points/years played.

Vinegar Strokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 08:09 PM
IDuck

Quote:

440/737=.59

.59*82=48.38

Not 38, not 42.
very true....and i think that the whole tax thing gets overlooked a lot