HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

#50: KINGS vs. SENATORS 1/23/’12 ... Offense EXPLODES for 4 goals we WIN, go figure ?

Old
01-24-2012, 11:38 AM
Martyros

vCash: 500
Entering the 3rd, we had a 4 goal lead to blow....what happened?

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 11:41 AM
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
Entering the 3rd, we had a 4 goal lead to blow....what happened?
We weren't playing the Sharks in the playoffs. :/

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 11:50 AM
vh2k7

Send a message via AIM to vh2k7 Send a message via MSN to vh2k7 Send a message via Skype™ to vh2k7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
We weren't playing the Sharks in the playoffs. :/
well that only happens if we enter the second with a four goal lead. thankfully we'll never have to worry about that this season.

vh2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 12:57 PM
fyrescorp

Didn't get to read Kings GDT last night. I got caught up in the Sens GDT and Main Board. They were much more entertaining! I think if either of those refs do a game in Ottawa this year they better wear protective vests...

fyrescorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 01:01 PM
HansH
Unwelcome Spectre

90 points gets the Kings into the playoffs as the #8 seed. 32 points needed in the remaining 32 games - a record of 16-16 (or 12-12-8).

104 points gets the Kings the Pacific Division title and the #3 seed (105 points is needed to move out of the #7 spot without winning the Division). That translates to 46 points in the remaining 32 games, a record of 23-9 (or 19-5-8), a percentage of .719.

The current points percentage under Sutter is .706. Projecting that out to the end of the year gives the Kings 103 points, which would likely lose them the division on the tiebreaker, and drop them to their current #7 position and a first-round matchup against Vancouver.

HansH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 01:06 PM
DaAnimal

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansH View Post
90 points gets the Kings into the playoffs as the #8 seed. 32 points needed in the remaining 32 games - a record of 16-16 (or 12-12-8).

104 points gets the Kings the Pacific Division title and the #3 seed (105 points is needed to move out of the #7 spot without winning the Division). That translates to 46 points in the remaining 32 games, a record of 23-9 (or 19-5-8), a percentage of .719.

The current points percentage under Sutter is .706. Projecting that out to the end of the year gives the Kings 103 points, which would likely lose them the division on the tiebreaker, and drop them to their current #7 position and a first-round matchup against Vancouver.
im cool with playing vanc. We've done very well against them this year. Gives us an opportunity for another riot to happen in Vancouver

DaAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 01:18 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
No, opposite opinion, methodical debates and interesting arguments are always welcomed with open arms.

Complaining about refereeing from a game over a year ago is met with hostility. Because you seriously need to get over that. We won. Focus on that, discuss that, and stop complaining about a game OVER A YEAR AGO THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS GAME.
Get over yourself. Historical matchups play a role in sports, whether you like it or not.

Couple that with the fact that the exact same referee team was doing this game as the debacle last year, and it's worth noting. It does, in fact, have something to do with this game.

For the record, I was less complaining and more of the "methodical debate and interesting argument" that you are asking for. The guy said that the penalty shot made up for the no-goal last year, and I argued that it didn't because this game was already out of hand, where the high-stick call last year determined the outcome of the game. If YOU want to take that as complaining, then that's your problem, not mine.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 02:06 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Proof we are negative Nancy's:

PGT for the Avs and Flames loses, 141 and 149 posts respectively. PGT for the wins over the Canucks (arguably our best game of the entire season) and the Sens, 111 and 82 (counting this post) respectively.

I'd wager if we looked back through the season this would not be uncommon at all. Seems like some on here can only beak off if we lose. I swear all those years spent wishing we could have a team which could be discussed as a darkhorse cup contender (which this team is) has turned to many of you to the darkside or something.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 02:17 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
If I am ever negative, I want to be referred to as a "Negative Norbert"

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 02:22 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post

PGT for the Avs and Flames loses, 141 and 149 posts respectively. PGT for the wins over the Canucks (arguably our best game of the entire season) and the Sens, 111 and 82 (counting this post) respectively.

I'd wager if we looked back through the season this would not be uncommon at all. Seems like some on here can only beak off if we lose. I swear all those years spent wishing we could have a team which could be discussed as a darkhorse cup contender (which this team is) has turned to many of you to the darkside or something.
There is more to talk about when you lose. More criticism and arguing over causes. Happens on all boards.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 02:35 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

The 4th line was outstanding last night. Kudos to Frasier, Clifford, and Westgarth.

Richards' line was much better, but Stoll just can't finish. Richards had a tough time hanging onto the puck as well from time to time, but the "push" from that line was much better last night.

Another fine job by Loktionov's line as well. Don't even think of moving Loktionov back to the wing. His playmaking ability in the middle of the ice is too valuable and is a nice change of pace from Kopitar and Richards. Nice to see Lewis showing some hands on the penalty shot.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 02:56 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsanford View Post
That miss on Voynov's pass was a shot a midget player could put in the net. thank goodness he is a UFA
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsKnight View Post
While I agree he didn't have a good game, if you go back and watch that replay the pass is tipped by the defenseman before it even gets to Stoll.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
thats harsh since Kuba got his stick on the pass before it ever reached Stoll, Stoll didnt touch it, and never had a chance to based on how much it deflected right infront of him
I thought I was the only one that was going to have to come to Stoll's defense on this one ... even Jim Fox blew the call on TV until he saw the replay, and then had to backtrack and give #17 Filip Kuba the credit for a great defensive play to tip that pass away from Stoll. Oh well it seems like The Board has moved on from Penner to Stoll as the whipping boy ... I don't know WHY we always need one, especially after a great victory like last night ... when it's obvious EVERYONE played a roll in getting the team that win ... sometimes some efforts are just more noticeable, but this jumping on the whipping boy bandwagon is about the lamest thing about these boards and shows the maturity level of the vast majority on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Richards' line was much better ... Richards had a tough time hanging onto the puck as well from time to time, but the "push" from that line was much better last night.
Yep actually Richards has sucked it up since his return from his concussion, I don't know if maybe he's still feeling it's effects maybe and rushed back too soon ? But for every great play he makes he makes another bonehead play, turnover, bad pass to cancel it out ... Stoll and Penner might not be the ideal linemates for him, but he played with scrubs as linemates often in Philly too and yet somehow not only was better then but also made those scrubs better, something is OFF with his game, personally I've noticed it since Sutter came aboard and go back and read a comment Richards made about the loss of Murray, I don't think he's overly happy since the change ? Hopefully he bucks up and gets back to form soon.

Last edited by Puck U: 01-24-2012 at 03:08 PM.
Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 03:07 PM
TwzKing

Send a message via AIM to TwzKing
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansH View Post

if we knocked nucks out in the first round, we would be NHL heros

TwzKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 03:09 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
Get over yourself. Historical matchups play a role in sports, whether you like it or not.

Couple that with the fact that the exact same referee team was doing this game as the debacle last year, and it's worth noting. It does, in fact, have something to do with this game.

For the record, I was less complaining and more of the "methodical debate and interesting argument" that you are asking for. The guy said that the penalty shot made up for the no-goal last year, and I argued that it didn't because this game was already out of hand, where the high-stick call last year determined the outcome of the game. If YOU want to take that as complaining, then that's your problem, not mine.
That's not an interesting argument though. It's a moot point. The only reason, it seems, that you brought it up is to make light of a case that obviously bothered you in the past.

Like I said before, move on, this is a new season, and that game doesn't matter at all anymore. Kind of like this discussion.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 03:10 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
There is more to talk about when you lose. More criticism and arguing over causes. Happens on all boards.
Perhaps, but it's more than that. I think talking about issues and going bi-polar like this board seems to be is two different things. We win, it's all about how awesome we are, we lose it's how we need to blow it up, fire all of mangement and make drastic changes. It's worse than other boards IMO.

Old
01-24-2012, 03:17 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Perhaps, but it's more than that. I think talking about issues and going bi-polar like this board seems to be is two different things. We win, it's all about how awesome we are, we lose it's how we need to blow it up, fire all of mangement and make drastic changes. It's worse than other boards IMO.
It probably should be given how extreme our position is. Not too many teams throughout history in playoff contention are quite as bad at goal scoring as we are. Defense and goaltending are the only reasons we are here. We have the offensive pieces to get the job done, but obviously it isn't enough. People are just clamoring at a solution.

Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 03:17 PM
BehindEnemyLines
2012&2014 CHAMPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
At least we got the right Doughty last night. If that guy shows up the rest of the way, we will have greatly improved our odds.

Man I love these photoshop pics. This one and the star wars one from a couple threads ago are sweet!

BehindEnemyLines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 03:20 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
I wouldn't say it's worse then Vancouver, or Montreal...

But it's certainly up there.

I mean Buffalo SUCKS...this season...like really sucks...you want to talk about REALLY underachieving? Some pundits picked them to win the east...and they are currently dead last in the east and 3rd worst in the league.

And I find their fans to be less negative then ours. It's strange. They went in with the expectation of real success...and they are getting hammered...but they remain pretty upbeat for the most part.

We're tied for the division lead, have points in 16 of 18 games, and people want to jump off a bridge and trade our whole team when we lose in OT on the road...

Old
01-24-2012, 03:23 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
I wouldn't say it's worse then Vancouver, or Montreal...

But it's certainly up there.

I mean Buffalo SUCKS...this season...like really sucks...you want to talk about REALLY underachieving? Some pundits picked them to win the east...and they are currently dead last in the east and 3rd worst in the league.

And I find their fans to be less negative then ours. It's strange. They went in with the expectation of real success...and they are getting hammered...but they remain pretty upbeat for the most part.

We're tied for the division lead, have points in 16 of 18 games, and people want to jump off a bridge and trade our whole team when we lose in OT on the road...
Nothing is worse than Montreal. If we were that bad, we'd have boycotts outside the arena, demanding that Darryl 'Mumbles' Sutter pick a language to speak up here on the surface, not that orc jibberish from Middle Earth.

Old
01-24-2012, 03:24 PM
TwzKing

Send a message via AIM to TwzKing
Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindEnemyLines View Post
Man I love these photoshop pics. This one and the star wars one from a couple threads ago are sweet!
lol that is great how did i miss that

TwzKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 03:33 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Nothing is worse than Montreal. If we were that bad, we'd have boycotts outside the arena, demanding that Darryl 'Mumbles' Sutter pick a language to speak up here on the surface, not that orc jibberish from Middle Earth.

Also in b4 the nerd post: "Uhhhh technically that's an Urak-hai not an Orc pssshhhht."

Old
01-24-2012, 03:40 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Went to the game last night and what a blast we had. It's not every day you get to see a Gordie Howe Hat Trick. I love that young psychopath Clifford and I'm so happy to see him start to play with balls again.

By the way Kings are now 5-0-2 when I'm in attendance.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 03:51 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
I love the emotion on this guy.

Sutter's postgame (good writeup on presser from Mayor's Manor):

"On Kyle Clifford’s strong game - "It’s good to see him get a Gordie Howe Hat Trick. The last time he had a fight in here, we didn’t play as well right after and we talked about it. A kid like that goes to war for you, you better respond in an emotional way for him.""

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 03:54 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:

I would also guess that the expectations for the Avalanche and Flames is MUCH less than the Kings.

They know they aren't going anywhere.

I'm still waiting for the Kings to go... somewhere!

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 04:01 PM
Face Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
I gave 111% tonight. I am glad someone noticed.
slacker

Face Wash is offline   Reply With Quote