HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Lebrun: "Subban Is available"

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2012, 04:35 PM
TheBuriedHab

vCash: 500
Lebrun: "Subban Is available"

So Lebrun was on Rds and said he talked to 1 Gm who told him Subban is available. Don't know if this is noteworthy, but thought i'd share. I got it off Marinaro's Twitter BTW

Old
01-24-2012, 04:35 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Everyone should be available for the right price. No news here.

Old
01-24-2012, 04:36 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Columbus first would interest me.

Old
01-24-2012, 04:36 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Gauthier does not care about his job I believe.

Old
01-24-2012, 04:37 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

I don't condone this,

but I predict there will be roits at Bell Centre.

Old
01-24-2012, 04:39 PM
cap10bfl

Send a message via MSN to cap10bfl
lebrun also said that 6 other west gms never heard of pk being available...

Old
01-24-2012, 04:40 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap10bfl View Post
hmmmmmm, only shopping a star player to a small amount of teams? Yup, sounds like PG.

Old
01-24-2012, 04:40 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

I would accept nothing less than major overpayement for Subban. And I mean a completely unfair trade in our favor.

I might give up as a Habs fan if he's traded for some old fart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap10bfl
hmmmmmm, only shopping a star player to a small amount of teams? Yup, sounds like PG.
Maybe that GM is just trying to mess with people's heads? Maybe Gauthier wants a specific player on that GM's team (say a Getzlaf or something) and told him he'd be ready to part with Subban?

Old
01-24-2012, 04:41 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

vCash: 50
For the love of God..if he is traded..and there isn't anything that isn't considered elite..I'm driving to Quebec and rioting with anyone who wants to.

Old
01-24-2012, 04:42 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
he did it with Halak
Did it with Cammy

Now sounds like he has an auction with 1 person in the crowd again .

Idiot

I can here the presser now, yes Mr Subban is a great talent , but we needed a pp Qb and MR IAN WHITE fits that bill

Old
01-24-2012, 04:43 PM
Cupmonger

I'll be sad to see him leave. And seeing as I believe our PP and our D (probably related) are our biggest problems. It's going to suck. But we'll have to get something good in return. And rebuilding our D will take time. Nobody give me that Tinordi, Beaulieu argument either. We got Diaz, Emelin, Campoli and Weber. While for some of those names, they've done well, II think we can all agree that more is still needed. Who knows how long Markov will still be out and how he'll play when or if he is coming back. Kaberle, not entirely convinced, he's not bad, and he'd probably do better if our D was doing better in general...

If Subban's gone, it better be for something very juicy in return.

Old
01-24-2012, 04:43 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
For the love of God..if he is traded..and there isn't anything that isn't considered elite..I'm driving to Quebec and rioting with anyone who wants to.
I'd be up for it, definitely

Old
01-24-2012, 04:46 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
It can only be a core for core trade. Imho the best would be Subban+ for a considerably better player.

We need quality and star power. Our drafting brings us boatloads of NHLers but since Price we have lacked the top picks and free agent signings that would bring us stars.

Old
01-24-2012, 04:48 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
I'll be sad to see him leave. And seeing as I believe our PP and our D (probably related) are our biggest problems. It's going to suck. But we'll have to get something good in return. And rebuilding our D will take time. Nobody give me that Tinordi, Beaulieu argument either. We got Diaz, Emelin, Campoli and Weber. While for some of those names, they've done well, II think we can all agree that more is still needed. Who knows how long Markov will still be out and how he'll play when or if he is coming back. Kaberle, not entirely convinced, he's not bad, and he'd probably do better if our D was doing better in general...

You don't trade PK SUBBAN at 22.

Just like you dont trade Doughty

OR STAMKOS etc....

I don't care what the return is ,Gauthier isn't the guy you want trading PK FREAKIN SUBBAN

The Gauthier has flip flopped more times than a seal out of water, and missed the boat by 1.5 years.

The Montreal MARKET has been destroyed by him and Martin .

Old
01-24-2012, 04:48 PM
yianik

Would be typical of this organization. Younger guy with some temperment or a bit of a mouth or a party guy and he goes because he doesnt do credit to the CH. Bye Chelios, bye Roy, bye Subban, who needs you.

Old
01-24-2012, 04:50 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
This shouldn't be a surprise considering how many reports we have had of GMs being surprised that they weren't made aware players were available (cammy for one).

But about this news.. if PK is "available" then Gauthier is actively shopping him. Which is kind of retarded as his value has to be at the lowest it will ever be, which is still probably quite high but what would be the point in shopping him right now ? Is PK bipolar and crazy? Acting completely irrational behind closed doors a la Bryzgalov ? I doubt it.

Also... I cannot, just can't ****ing believe that Gauthier has this much room to maneuver. I can't. WTF is Molson doing. What kind of joke franchise has this team become. Honestly I'm confused as to what's going on with the habs. Before now, I could always tell what was going on. I could tell that what direction they were going in even if I completely disagreed with it, but right now I'm utterly confused.

Old
01-24-2012, 04:50 PM
Cupmonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
It can only be a core for core trade. Imho the best would be Subban+ for a considerably better player.

We need quality and star power. Our drafting brings us boatloads of NHLers but since Price we have lacked the top picks and free agent signings that would bring us stars.
I'm aware of that. Still, can't be too sure what happens if he is traded. Who knows, he might get traded for picks. I believe some of the teams that have less points need D. They need it almost as bad as we do. Though with soo many people calling for rebuilding, I wouldn't be surprised if we build up our offense first and forget about the D. Just so we can tank some more to get more top picks.

Old
01-24-2012, 04:51 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Keep in mind that when PG trade Cammy, he didn't talk with every team about it.

Old
01-24-2012, 04:51 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
You dnt trade PK SUBBAN at 22.

OR STAMKOS etc....

I don't care what the return is ,Gauthier isn't the guy you want trading PK FREAKIN SUBBAN

The Gauthier has flip flopped more times than a seal out of water, and missed the boat by 1.5 years.

Don't get ahead of yourself. The French media are 100% what has killed this franchise. They've ran every good player we've had out of town for the last two decades.

Old
01-24-2012, 04:53 PM
Cupmonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
You don't trade PK SUBBAN at 22.

OR STAMKOS etc....

I don't want Subban traded either. And I don't think it'll happen.

Though, IF he's traded (seeing as that choice isn't mine to make but the GM's), I would be more accepting of it if we got a very good proven player in return. It always depends what you get back. Theoritically, if we traded Subban for Crosby (won't ever happen but the exageration proves my point), nobody on our side would complain. My point is, we'd have to get a very good player back, IF he's traded.

Old
01-24-2012, 04:53 PM
Coldplay
Courage

lol @ people here refusing to trade PK under any circumstances.

Thank God you're not GM.

Old
01-24-2012, 04:55 PM
Patty Roy

I'm not going to lie...this situation really scares me.

I'm not against trading Subban under any circumstances...but the way i see it the potential for it being a bad deal far outweighs the possibility that we trade Subban in a good deal.

Old
01-24-2012, 04:57 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

He's available like Bogo was available last year, i.e. only for an overoffer.

Don't want to see Subban traded, but if Philly offered a 1st and Couturier I wouldn't be able to say no.

Old
01-24-2012, 04:58 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
lol @ people here refusing to trade PK under any circumstances.

Thank God you're not GM.
Maybe if we had a Gm that has proven to get the better end of deals, we would be ok with it. But judging by PG's track record there is no way in hell I want HIM trading Subban.

Old
01-24-2012, 04:58 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by yianik View Post
Would be typical of this organization. Younger guy with some temperment or a bit of a mouth or a party guy and he goes because he doesnt do credit to the CH. Bye Chelios, bye Roy, bye Subban, who needs you.
Bye SK, bye Ribeiro, Bye Latendresse, could go on.

Although, Subban is definately more in the Chelios/Roy mold than the Ribeiro/SK/Lantendresse mold in terms of being an impact player.

But we sure do love to waste players here. Players that are perfectly fine NHLers for other teams.

We have to wonder whether the problem is org related or environment (media, town, etc) related. My best guess is that it's org related, but even if it were environment... it's still an organization problem. I refuse to believe that nothing can be done to improve the situation. Maybe they need to hire a ****ing nanny for these young "prodigees" so they don't fall off the wagon. Throw money at the problem, I don't care, but do something. Players are the ressources upon which you build a team. They're a rare commodity. I don't understand how so many players fail here but are just fine NHLers elsewhere. There is a huge problem here. And that comes from the management of this team.

Closed Thread