HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Win - cgy

Old
01-24-2012, 05:36 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 3200
If Kane was going to be traded, he could fetch two 1sts IMO. Similar to the Kessel trade, he's having a statistically similar breakout year offensively in his third season (and third year after being drafted) but offers more in physicality and the Jets wouldn't be trading from a position of weakness cap-wise. There's no way to guarantee the picks would be as high as in the Kessel trade and 2 top-10 picks isn't necessarily fair value, but I don't see them trading for firsts from a contender either.

A first and two former mid-round picks isn't close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Aviary View Post
Thread title is an accurate description of the trade.
Win - Calgary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Highlander View Post
Bad trade for both teams
Absolutely. Aside from the gross mismatch in value there aren't the right pieces for either team. The Jets don't need defensemen and the Flames don't need LW.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 05:46 PM
Stej
Good Canadian Kid!

vCash: 500
The Jets severly lack top-3 talent. Trading Kane doesn't make any sense unless it's in a package for another star play (think Getzlaf-esque). I hope the Jets have no desire to trade him for pieces.

Stej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 06:09 PM
KingJet*
Welcome Back

If you want Kane, Give us 1st 2012, 1st 2013, 1st 2014, Baertschi, Brodie, Iginla, Cammalleri and a 2nd

KingJet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 06:10 PM
Royal Canuck
Ronnie Hockey!

vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJet View Post
If you want Kane, Give us 1st 2012, 1st 2013, 1st 2014, Baertschi, Brodie, Iginla, Cammalleri and a 2nd
^ Now thats a bit crazy.

Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 06:37 PM
DropIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
If Kane was going to be traded, he could fetch two 1sts IMO. Similar to the Kessel trade, he's having a statistically similar breakout year offensively in his third season (and third year after being drafted) but offers more in physicality and the Jets wouldn't be trading from a position of weakness cap-wise. There's no way to guarantee the picks would be as high as in the Kessel trade and 2 top-10 picks isn't necessarily fair value, but I don't see them trading for firsts from a contender either.

A first and two former mid-round picks isn't close.

Absolutely. Aside from the gross mismatch in value there aren't the right pieces for either team. The Jets don't need defensemen and the Flames don't need LW.
While I am on the side that agrees that this trade isnt even value wise, TJ Brodie's value is a first rounder, or extremely close to it. Since he has made the jump to NHL he has looked as good as Bouwmeester and Giordano on any given night.
He is a top 4, puckmoving-powerplay QB type of defenseman and if he continues to improve he will be a very familiar name in the NHL

DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 09:34 PM
TheGaudfather
#Unsustainable

vCash: 50
Giordano, Backlund and a pick gets it done. I don't think Flames need LW. We could use a top 6 young C.

TheGaudfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 11:34 PM
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!

vCash: 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselCGY View Post
Giordano, Backlund and a pick gets it done. I don't think Flames need LW. We could use a top 6 young C.
not for me it doesn't

veganhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 09:29 AM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropIt View Post
While I am on the side that agrees that this trade isnt even value wise, TJ Brodie's value is a first rounder, or extremely close to it. Since he has made the jump to NHL he has looked as good as Bouwmeester and Giordano on any given night.
He is a top 4, puckmoving-powerplay QB type of defenseman and if he continues to improve he will be a very familiar name in the NHL
While that is true, the value is still no where close to Kane. Brodie is a speedy offensive guy who plays well enough defensively to be in the top 4, but to get Kane it needs to be a guy Brodie's age who can play in your top 2. OEL would be an example of what it would take.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote