HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Game Thread: NYR-PHI

Closed Thread

Old
11-08-2003, 10:44 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
This team played on period. I agree with JD, Sather needs to call a time out at some point in the third with the team being dominated. Or at least throw the fourth line out there. This team looked tired at the end like they did against Colorado.

With games against Edmonton and Pittsburgh coming up, nothing short of four points is acceptable.

BTW, Todd Fedoruk is simply a dirty player. That knee on Nedved was a blatant attempt to injure. Good thing Captain Kangaroo was there to pat on the back. TC, Hitch. You're total class.

11-08-2003, 10:46 AM
Lundyfan

Send a message via Yahoo to Lundyfan
Face it gang, no kid is going to play for this team. I thought it might change when Jamie broke out the other night and when they gave Moore a shot but Nope, it's not. Moore becomes a healthy scratch and Jamie gets 4 shifts all day. Sather will never trust anyone under the age of 28. If Lundmark and Moore were smart they'd be praying for a trade every chance they get.

Oh yeah forgot to add. GREAT job by the Captain. 4 give aways in the first 5 minutes of the period, the first one resulting in a goal. Yeah Mark, you look great.

Old
11-08-2003, 10:46 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shapa999
Why dress Purinton? I just don't get it what is the point? to see him fight? Does Sather care about winning or seeing a lame fight?

Maybe to add some toughness to the line up? He threw a good hit on Pitakkanen and then did not back down from Huggybear. Why complain about that? With the fourth line barely seeing the ice, I think it was a great move.

Old
11-08-2003, 10:57 AM
sickboy35

well i for one....

can not phathom why the 4th line sat the whole game? with stellar play of nedved and crew! i'm picking nedved out because he mad some of the dumbest passes i've seen! kovy was guilty too! why even bother dressing a 4th line? this team looked loike it didn't care at points in this game, they played one period of hockey and then went to resemble the team we're used to! which is a fancy passing no shooting no defence piece of crap we've seen over the past 6 years! i'm sorry but if you can't get up for the flyers, then i have ? this man's coaching ability, never mind his gm skills. sit the 4th line the whole game when the flyers are down one player and can't role 4? your playing right into the weakness, you keep your players fresh and role 4? this team likes to pass to effin much for my liking, throw the puck at the net good things will happen, during the last 2 mins of the game they did that and look how many scoring chances they had! effin cluless sather!! god he effin pisses me off!!

Old
11-08-2003, 12:06 PM
LeServ

Well they didn't completely suck.

Actually played a great first period, started to nod off in the second and had very little in the third.

Rucinsky played great or two. Lindros looked OK. Carter had his moments, but likes to pass the puck into the slot at the opposing Dman.

Simon impressed me. BIG improvement over Sandy. It wouldnt have hurt if he'd challenged Brashear late in the game when he was distrubing every shift.

Dunham was terrrifc, putting everything into the corner. Hackett, though he anticipates well, hardly ever controls a shot. Many fat rebounds in the slot throughout.

Bobo was up for this game and played mean.

Sitting the 4th line was idiotic.

Old
11-08-2003, 02:03 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

i wouldnt pay attention to the lineup or the line combos for this game. the rangers were clearly trying to add muscle to the lineup. i think the lineup is going to be

moore lindros lundmark
barnaby nedved kovalev
ruchinsky holik carter
lacoutoure messier simon

leetch poti
malakhov mironov
kasper de vris

hlavac purinton bouchard as the extras.

Old
11-08-2003, 02:04 PM
RANGERDIEHARD

Just game back from the game....

face it guys we played good hockey........for 1 period! Badly outplayed in the second and third and no one seemed to have any jump. Those line combinations will leave ya scratchin' your head huh?! I can see sitting Hlavac but playing Purinton on LW just to serve as policeman for 3 shifts is dumb. As a result we only played three lines. Who cares about Fedoruk and Brashear; let them run around all game. We need to stick to a game plan and that includes keeping the lines that are clicking together (Mess-Simon-Barnaby) This guy did the same thing last year; as soon as the lines clicked he switched everything around. And when is he going to learn that Lindros is uncomfortable on the wing! We're lucky we STOLE a point this afternoon.

Old
11-08-2003, 02:17 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

After the first period, the only players with any jump out there were Messier and Carter. Without Dunham it would have been 5-1.

Lousy game, lousy lines, lousy defense, lousy effort. Pure and utter crap.

Jackass better switch a lot of things around before Monday. And if he can't get his "team" to work more than 15-20 minutes a night, he better find someone who can, cause this lack of effort BS has been increasing rapidly. Everyone has got realize that there's another 70 freakin' games to go and make the effort to play like each game matters.

Old
11-08-2003, 03:02 PM
Lundyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar jar links
i wouldnt pay attention to the lineup or the line combos for this game. the rangers were clearly trying to add muscle to the lineup. i think the lineup is going to be

moore lindros lundmark
barnaby nedved kovalev
ruchinsky holik carter
lacoutoure messier simon

leetch poti
malakhov mironov
kasper de vris

hlavac purinton bouchard as the extras.
I'd like to see that but I don't see it happening. Sather will not let the kids prove they can play. And after today, in which he was OUT coached in every aspect of the game he will be even worse. Hey Glen, what happened to rolling 4 lines?

Old
11-08-2003, 03:05 PM
King Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nYr LunDmArK 21
we can call this a lucky point..
We can call this a two game losing streak and a 3rd coming on Monday when the Oilers run all over us for 60 minutes. Welp, $1100.00 wasted this year for the season. I'll think about renewing my subscription next year very closely.

Old
11-08-2003, 03:07 PM
King Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
After the first period, the only players with any jump out there were Messier and Carter. Without Dunham it would have been 5-1.

Lousy game, lousy lines, lousy defense, lousy effort. Pure and utter crap.

Jackass better switch a lot of things around before Monday. And if he can't get his "team" to work more than 15-20 minutes a night, he better find someone who can, cause this lack of effort BS has been increasing rapidly. Everyone has got realize that there's another 70 freakin' games to go and make the effort to play like each game matters.
Couldn't have been said any better. I am tired of reading "...a good 1 point...", "...we stole a lucky point...". That is bullsh*t! We aren't going to make the playoffs by stealing points.

Old
11-08-2003, 03:38 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
I was at the game, here's my take.

<b>First period</b>
Both teams started off slow but after Purinton kicked Brashears ass Rangers woke up. Once they scored the goal Philly just died down. They pretty much dominated that period.

<b>Second Period</b>
Rangers still were out playing Philly but they seemed to pick it up a bit. Dunham robbed them a couple times, Hackett was equally efficient but he wasn't really tested as hard.

<b>Third Period</b>
It's amazing how this team is so predictable, I predicted the outcome once I saw how flat the Rangers were, so typical of them. Sather, what the hell are you doing? CALL A FREAKING TIME OUT! After Philthy scored they just turned it up. The only time the Rangers looked alive was in the last few minutes of the game but even then Philly was still dominating them.

<b>Overtime</b>
no comment

<b>Positives</b>
- Dunham, once again this guy keeps us in the game.
- PK, despite giving up a power play goal they looked good.
- Messier's line continues to do well and was our best line this game. Carter looked really good today, Simon I thought was more invisible then anything else with the exception of a couple nice plays.
- Rucinsky, Holik and Barnaby had a good game as well, nothing much to say but they were good enough to warrent mention.
- I don't like the guy but I will give credit where it's due, Boris Mironov had a solid game, just hope he does that on a more consistent basis.

<b>Neutral</b>
- Kovalev and Nedved. They do everything but score. I give more credit to Nedved tonight as I thought he had a solid game but it's time they both start scoring.
- Messier. I won't knock him because that line did well today but the guy has some pretty bad moments to go along with his good.
- Leetch, he's still clearly hurting and not 100%, I'd say he's about 70%. He just doesn't have any foot speed and can't accelerate but he's a smart player and compensates by playing a good defensive game. I credit him for that.
- It must have been Malakhov's birthday today, Hackett gave him an absolute GIFT of a goal, if not for that he was basically invisible.

<b>Negatives</b>
- Lindros, what the hell happened to his hands? He did ok today but man this guy just can't score a freaking goal.
- I haven't checked the time stats but I'm betting Lundmark played maybe 3 minutes today. Sather, please tell me what the hell are you doing? I understand this is a big game and you want to ride the big boys but come on, Lundmark needs to be given more opportunities.
- Darius what are you doing? I understand you love to make the big hit but today you missed about 3 times and the one time you did lay out the guy it led to a scoring chance, actually all 4 times led to a scoring chance. Stop getting out of position and play DEFENSE.
- third period breakdowns and more coaching stupidities, time outs are there for a reason.

Old
11-08-2003, 03:51 PM
nervousranger

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27

<b>First period</b>
Both teams started off slow but after Purinton kicked Brashears ass

Old
11-08-2003, 04:00 PM
TKLOOCH22

Moore is in the lineup for Hartford's game tonight. Could he play for Hartford and still be on the Ranger roster? Maybe he is just getting some playing time and he'll still be with the team for EDM's game.

Old
11-08-2003, 04:10 PM
Flyers26

Quote:

<b>First period</b>
Both teams started off slow but after Purinton kicked Brashears ass
If you call that,an "ass kicking", you have issues, either that, or you know nothing about hockey! I call it slow dancing! They held each other soclose, that niether could get going.

Quote:
Overtime
no comment
Typical.... We took it to the Rag$, from the 2nd on, and your reply is "non comment". That speaks volumes.
Face it, Hitch got in his player's ears after the 1st, and we went on to an OT win. He made the necessary adjustments needed, and your coach hit the bottle.
You will win nothing, as long as Slats is coach/gm!

Old
11-08-2003, 04:35 PM
barnaby63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers26
If you call that,an "ass kicking", you have issues, either that, or you know nothing about hockey! I call it slow dancing! They held each other soclose, that niether could get going.

Typical.... We took it to the Rag$, from the 2nd on, and your reply is "non comment". That speaks volumes.
Face it, Hitch got in his player's ears after the 1st, and we went on to an OT win. He made the necessary adjustments needed, and your coach hit the bottle.
thanks for adding your 1 cent to the thread.

Old
11-08-2003, 04:40 PM
barnaby63

as for the lines....

if everyone had their way the lines wouldve looked something like this...

hlavac-nedved-kovalev
moore-lindros-lundmark
rucinsky-holik-carter
simon-messier-barnaby

now out of that group, who couldve challenged either brashear or fedourek? sure simon can, but he cant do it by himself. and you never want a defenseman to fight cause it shortens the bench like that. so you have to get purinton in their, and since lindros was playing with holik moore was the add man out for dale.

as for lindros being on holiks wing, i think it was for one game since he was coming back from that injury and it would mean less physical play at wing instead of center?

and sather shouldve called a timeout in the begining of the 3rd. well, time to look towards the edmonton game.

Old
11-08-2003, 04:49 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:

We didnt need that, we knew it already thank you very much.

Old
11-08-2003, 04:50 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnaby63
as for the lines....

if everyone had their way the lines wouldve looked something like this...

hlavac-nedved-kovalev
moore-lindros-lundmark
rucinsky-holik-carter
simon-messier-barnaby

now out of that group, who couldve challenged either brashear or fedourek? sure simon can, but he cant do it by himself. and you never want a defenseman to fight cause it shortens the bench like that. so you have to get purinton in their, and since lindros was playing with holik moore was the add man out for dale.

as for lindros being on holiks wing, i think it was for one game since he was coming back from that injury and it would mean less physical play at wing instead of center?

and sather shouldve called a timeout in the begining of the 3rd. well, time to look towards the edmonton game.
exactly the way i wanted the lines

Old
11-08-2003, 05:33 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
What are you kidding me, I have issues because of that? go back to philthy

besides choking in the playoffs every year choke on this 1975

Old
11-08-2003, 05:42 PM
Shadowtron

Quote:
I think that was the point. There's nothing to say...we were bad. Why reiterate the same issues again and again? This board is cloaked in redundancy, because this team is redundant.

Old
11-08-2003, 05:45 PM
barnaby63

Quote:
What are you kidding me, I have issues because of that? go back to philthy

besides choking in the playoffs every year choke on this 1975
hahahahaha!

Old
11-09-2003, 02:40 AM
nervousranger

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shapa999
Sather can not motivate the team at all
That's not hard to believe at all considering how he was so engulfed in his hot fudge sunday during draft day and didnt have the foggiest idea who his new draftees were or what their names were each time they came over to his table to get introduced. "Who you got there with you Tom?" mmmmmmm strawberry ice cream.

Sather got schooled yesterday by Hitchcock.

Old
11-09-2003, 03:34 AM
Lundyfan

Quote:
- Messier's line continues to do well and was our best line this game. Carter looked really good today, Simon I thought was more invisible then anything else with the exception of a couple nice plays.
Messier stunk last night. He was slow and his hands were like stone. Then to top it off Leetch sends him a nice easy pass to start the 3rd period and Messier gives it right back to the Flyers. Leetch has to take a penalty to stop the guy and the Flyers tie it up. Messier had 4 turnovers in the first 5 minutes of the 3rd period. He's in his January form in November.

Old
11-09-2003, 03:37 AM
Fletch

Pretty disappointing...

Rangers seemed to be the aggressor in the last 5 minutes with the Flyers seemingly happy to settle for a win. One thing I should say is Sather is an idiot. Lindros on Holik's right? Grrrreat. Unfortuantely, too, he played well which means we'll see more. Should've had him at center with Lundmark and Moore. Lacouture on Holik's left. And Purinton sit. And roll FOUR lines. It is that simple.

Need Leetch to get back to 100% and learn this system. He was on the wrong side of the ice chasing a guy leading up to the winning goal. He needs to get rid of that tendency.

There was effort, just not enough yesterday. Dunham played great again. Oh well...

Closed Thread