HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Calgary/NY Rangers

Old
01-24-2012, 03:26 PM
Paper

vCash: 500
A bit based on the injury situation of Tanguay, Glencross and Moss but if they're all back in time moving Stempniak for Sauer is an extremely easy decision. But if they have any set backs, especially Tanguay and Glencross, I would be hesitant in moving Stempniak and having Wolski all of a sudden sneaking into top 6 discussion, especially if Sauer himself isn't healthy to go at all. But it's still probably worth the risk.

Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 03:30 PM
Flames rebuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Assuming this is at the deadline and Moss is back what if we switch Moss with Stempniak?
With GlenX out for a while, I prefer to bring Wolski in now and audition him on the top six. If he shows chemistry with Iggy or Cammy I'd be all for offering him a couple year contract at about half what he's making now, which actually works out to Stempniak's salary this year. He's only 25 and for some reason, keeps reminding me of Huselius, when he first came to the Flames.

Flames rebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 03:31 PM
Sean Aviary
Chirp! Chirp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
Wolski (RFA)
Wolski is only an RFA is he is given a $4m qualifying offer, which Feaster would probably do for a couple years with an NMC once he hits UFA years.

Sean Aviary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 04:49 PM
Noori

vCash: 50
I would love to add Sauer to this team. Big, physical, and right handed. With the emergence of Brodie and Smith, Babchuk's powerplay presence isn't quite as necessary. Plus we have the big shots from the half walls with Cammalleri and Iginla. What is the timeline on his injury?

I would do the original deal. I'm not very interested in Wolski but if he fizzles, we have plenty of depth forwards to take his place. Moss is also coming back soon and Glencross should be good to go by the deadline.

The deal makes sense for now and the future. Well thought out proposal.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 05:13 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Yuck, no.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 05:31 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
I do it. Stempniak is basically Fedotenko but a tad better hands and Babchuk is Sauer with fewer health issues and a cannon. I say do it and bump Feds down a notch to the 4th line. Instantly the PP gets better and both the 3rd and the 4th line get an upgrade.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 05:35 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
I do it. Stempniak is basically Fedotenko but a tad better hands and Babchuk is Sauer with fewer health issues and a cannon. I say do it and bump Feds down a notch to the 4th line. Instantly the PP gets better and both the 3rd and the 4th line get an upgrade.
You're vastly underrating Sauer. Babchuk is not a top 4 defender, Sauer already has proven that he is. Sauer is EASILY the best player in the deal and Wolski is possibly the most talented. I think the other trade I proposed is much more fair for both sides, future and present than the original proposal.

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 06:55 PM
Cephalusc

I really like Stempniak and I'd like to see him sign a reasonable contract with the Flames at the end of the year. I hope he isn't traded. Obviously Sauer would be a really nice return though.

I'm also kind of interested in Wolski. His value is at an all-time low, but he has struggled with injuries this season. I wouldn't mind the Flames giving up a minor asset like a low pick to get him if he's healthy now.

Cephalusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 09:32 PM
Flames rebuilder

Make this trade happen!

Last edited by Flames rebuilder: 01-24-2012 at 09:42 PM.
Old
01-24-2012, 09:40 PM
Flames rebuilder

Wolski/Tanguay-Jokinen-Iggy
Wolski/Tanguay-Backlund-Cammy
GlenX-Horak-Comeau
Kostopoulos-Jones/Moss-Jackman

Brodie-Bouwmeester
Gio-Sauer
Butler-Hannan
Smith/Sarich

Probably move Sarich at the deadline for a pick.
The idea of 3 lines capable of scoring is pretty exciting and the defense looks vastly improved with the addition of one key player!

Old
01-24-2012, 10:21 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
I have no idea how any Rangers fan could possibly be OK with this deal.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote