HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tampa Bay - Vancouver

Old
01-24-2012, 09:01 PM
biturbo19

vCash: 500
No deal for the Canucks. That's awful value.

biturbo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 09:23 PM
Vorkosh

The only thing Vancouver truly needs is a top 4 RH D-man. Yes, Connelly presents a more tradable asset to accomplish this need, but TB needs a goalie right now. We have two. One of them will even more than likely waive his NTC to go there as his wife's from Florida and Luongo has said himself that he likes Florida.

To Tampa Bay:

(G) Roberto Luongo
(F) Mason Raymond
(D) Chris Tanev
2012 1st round pick.

To Vancouver:

(D) Victor Hedman
(F) Steve Downie
2012 3rd round pick

I think the value is there personally, TB gets a potential stud D to replace Hedman, and an extra 1st round pick albeit a late pick. More importantly they get their elite Goaltender. For cap issues, I dunno, offer Vinny to Anahiem for a few peices you need since Anahiem needs a 2nd line center.

For vancouver, we get our top 4 RH Dman, and a pest/grinder to join Weiss and Lappy. Losing Tanev hurts, but is off-set by Hedman, and the pick I think would be needed to cement the deal.

Thoughts?

Vorkosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 09:28 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkosh View Post
The only thing Vancouver truly needs is a top 4 RH D-man. Yes, Connelly presents a more tradable asset to accomplish this need, but TB needs a goalie right now. We have two. One of them will even more than likely waive his NTC to go there as his wife's from Florida and Luongo has said himself that he likes Florida.

To Tampa Bay:

(G) Roberto Luongo
(F) Mason Raymond
(D) Chris Tanev
2012 1st round pick.

To Vancouver:

(D) Victor Hedman
(F) Steve Downie
2012 3rd round pick

I think the value is there personally, TB gets a potential stud D to replace Hedman, and an extra 1st round pick albeit a late pick. More importantly they get their elite Goaltender. For cap issues, I dunno, offer Vinny to Anahiem for a few peices you need since Anahiem needs a 2nd line center.

For vancouver, we get our top 4 RH Dman, and a pest/grinder to join Weiss and Lappy. Losing Tanev hurts, but is off-set by Hedman, and the pick I think would be needed to cement the deal.

Thoughts?
Bad for TB.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 09:29 PM
Bolt32

Quote:

To Tampa Bay:

(G) Roberto Luongo
(F) Mason Raymond
(D) Chris Tanev
2012 1st round pick.

To Vancouver:

(D) Victor Hedman
(F) Steve Downie
2012 3rd round pick

Thoughts?
Hedman will remain a Bolt for as long as he wants to put on the Uniform. He is completely off limits, unless he, himself declares that he wants to be traded. So that's a no.

Bolt32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 09:35 PM
sayheykid

Quote:
Thoughts?
Personally, I have less than zero interest in Luongo's contract and it's term.

sayheykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 09:36 PM
Sticks and Pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-wayman View Post
At trade before the trade deadline

To Tampa Bay:
Cory Schneider, Jordan Schroeder, Keith Ballard

To Vancouver:
TB's 2012 3rd round pick, Steve Downie, Matt Gilroy, Mathieu Garon, Pavel Kubina
I would do this. It solves all of the Canucks' present needs. Screw the future.

Sticks and Pucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 10:09 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckmaster12345 View Post
I doubt teams have this menality.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 10:17 PM
hfgreg
Obviously...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campoli2Burrows View Post
This looks nice. If we did this at the draft I would even take Carter Ashton instead of Downie, let him play for the Wolves next year on a line with Schroeder and Jensen.
Lol you would take him huh? Lol the Bolts would have no part of that trade. We can cough up money for Harding if we want a project goalie. As good as Schneider is I'm reluctant to snatch up a goalie that hasn't had 1 full season as a starter at a high price. We tried that once for a guy named Smith.. eh..

hfgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 10:31 PM
Campoli2Burrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfgreg View Post
Lol you would take him huh? Lol the Bolts would have no part of that trade. We can cough up money for Harding if we want a project goalie. As good as Schneider is I'm reluctant to snatch up a goalie that hasn't had 1 full season as a starter at a high price. We tried that once for a guy named Smith.. eh..
Lol yes I would take him, but if you would rather send Downie that's ok lol. Feel free to chase Harding along with every other team that needs a starting goalie. Buyer beware though lol, he's an unproven backup coming from one of the tightest defensive systems in the league lol. Btw Carter Ashton is no Brad Richards... lol

Campoli2Burrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 10:47 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campoli2Burrows View Post
Lol yes I would take him, but if you would rather send Downie that's ok lol. Feel free to chase Harding along with every other team that needs a starting goalie. Buyer beware though lol, he's an unproven backup coming from one of the tightest defensive systems in the league lol. Btw Carter Ashton is no Brad Richards... lol
So is Schneider. Not as tight of a defensive system, but really Minny doesnt play that tight of a defensive system anymore.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 10:50 PM
Nuck This

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckmaster12345 View Post
Your making me look bad with that avatar.

Nuck This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 10:50 PM
I Am Beat You

The Lightning can probably land a solid goalie without having to trade anyone really important. Don't want Schneider for what he'll cost unless the Lightning run out of options.

I Am Beat You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 11:02 PM
Campoli2Burrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
So is Schneider. Not as tight of a defensive system, but really Minny doesnt play that tight of a defensive system anymore.
Not denying that, just pointing out that his ideal target is in the same situation as Schneider. And since he's by far the most desirable of the UFA goalies you'll be lucky if you're able to land him.

Also Minnesota is 8th in GAA and 29th in GFA. From what I've seen this year they're good on the counter attack but still play a strong defense first system, unlike the Canucks, who still have the better GAA.

Campoli2Burrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 11:06 PM
Sticks and Pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
Your making me look bad with that avatar.
But seriously, would you rather have a consistently good team for 10 years and not win or win one year and be mediocre for a few years after that? I would take the latter as I have seen enough good seasons from the Canucks. It's time to go all out and actually bring home a Cup.

Sticks and Pucks is offline   Reply With Quote