HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2012

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2012, 06:04 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
I would've taken Nash a couple of years ago, but considering the price, he hasn't shown me that he can carry a team yet.
They need puck movers and a better PP. And better goaltending.

That team is just a mess at the moment to be honest.

Old
01-24-2012, 06:13 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
After hearing that both Evander Kane and Dustin Byfuglien are both out of Winnipeg's lineup maybe Gauthier can swing a deal that could bring the Habs two huge power forwards to give the Habs a team capable of a long playoff run.Haters gotta hate the Habs don't have that problem lots of love even tough love,the Habs need their type of game against Boston,Ottawa,Philly etc.

Old
01-24-2012, 06:48 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
After hearing that both Evander Kane and Dustin Byfuglien are both out of Winnipeg's lineup maybe Gauthier can swing a deal that could bring the Habs two huge power forwards to give the Habs a team capable of a long playoff run.Haters gotta hate the Habs don't have that problem lots of love even tough love,the Habs need their type of game against Boston,Ottawa,Philly etc.
I wouldn't touch Byfuglien with a 10 foot pole, lazy and out of shape, expect injuries and lackadaysical play.

Old
01-24-2012, 06:49 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Now isn't the time to try and swing blockbuster trades. We simply don't have enough assets to cover the depth we need next season.

Trade all our upcoming UFAs

Moen - 2nd
Gill - 2nd/3rd
Campoli - 3rd/4th
AK - try to resign him before the deadline, if he doesn't, trade him - 1st or 2nd + prospect

Call up guys like Palushaj (3rd line), Mitera (3rd pairing), Shultz (4th line, grit)

ride out the season, try and draft one of Grigorenko/Galchenyuk (dependant on our pick's standing, assets needed to land one)

waive Gomez

resign all our RFAs

Now we have some cap space to bring in a UFA or two to fill in on D

Old
01-24-2012, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
In terms of size I think Plekanec is heavier, Carter is built much like Pouliot(ok not quite that bad), not a big gym rat. Shot, I could really care less wether a guy shoots left or right.

The fact that Carter is moody and has laready worn out his welcome on 2 teams in the past year is a concern though.
Maybe you could really care less if a guy shoots left or right...But on the ice, in game situations, it matters.

Also, debating whether Carter is bigger than Plekanec is not really a debate at all. Not that I think size is everything either, mind you.

Old
01-24-2012, 07:04 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Maybe you could really care less if a guy shoots left or right...But on the ice, in game situations, it matters.

Also, debating whether Carter is bigger than Plekanec is not really a debate at all. Not that I think size is everything either, mind you.
Plekanec plays bigger than Carter, so that's not a factor. If we were talking Getzlaf(a guy whith size who uses it) it would be different.

Old
01-24-2012, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Plekanec plays bigger than Carter, so that's not a factor. If we were talking Getzlaf(a guy whith size who uses it) it would be different.
Again, that's your opinion...I think he spends alot of the time playing on the end of his stick, makes me even wonder if he's hurt, because while i've never thought he was gritty or physically committed on a game to game basis. I don't recall him being this timid as a player and it's something that goes back to last year's second half of the season.

I don't think Carter plays a very robust game either mind you...

Old
01-24-2012, 08:51 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
I wouldn't touch Byfuglien with a 10 foot pole, lazy and out of shape, expect injuries and lackadaysical play.
Have you actually watched him play this year because that is flat out wrong.

Old
01-24-2012, 09:34 PM
Fuelled by Passion

Quote:
After hearing that both Evander Kane and Dustin Byfuglien are both out of Winnipeg's lineup maybe Gauthier can swing a deal that could bring the Habs two huge power forwards to give the Habs a team capable of a long playoff run.
I don't think Habs can offer what it takes to even come close to a deal.

Old
01-24-2012, 10:57 PM
AgentM

Hey guys, Pens fan here. I've always loved Andrei Kostitsyn and think he would be a perfect fit for Bylsma's system. (I apologize if this is the 100th time a Pens fan has asked about what it would take to get him, I searched this whole thread but didn't see anything).

It seems that the standard return is a 1st or a prospect and a 2nd. Would Eric Tangradi and the Pens 2nd rounder be considered a reasonable offer?

Thanks guys!

Old
01-24-2012, 11:00 PM
Beakermania*

Reasonable? Yes its reasonable... but it doesn't knock my socks off either.

I'd try to re-sign AK first.
Then I'd shop him around to see if there was a better offer.
Then thirdly I'd take what you propose.

Its not bad, but I'm not sure its the best we can do either.

Old
01-24-2012, 11:17 PM
AgentM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post

Fair enough, I can understand that. What from the Pens would be preferable (but not ridiculous) as a counter offer? Also, what will the expected asking price for Gill be?

Old
01-24-2012, 11:33 PM
groovejuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post

If it's really true that AK will give a home town discount to stay in Montreal, you can't sign him to a lesser amount, then turn around and trade him. This is dealing in bad faith, and these kind of shady dealings will only be a red flag for FAs.

Old
01-25-2012, 03:16 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentM View Post
Fair enough, I can understand that. What from the Pens would be preferable (but not ridiculous) as a counter offer? Also, what will the expected asking price for Gill be?
a second definitely gets you gill. realistically, a third oughtta do it

Old
01-25-2012, 05:08 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
He makes Mike Green look like a safe defenseman plus he is 20lbs overweight.

Old
01-25-2012, 06:02 AM
NH57
Habs 4 Life

What would it take to get Milan Lucic out of Boston, something along the lines of Kostitsyn+Weber+Gionta+3rd round?

Also, I would trade Plekanec for picks (1st and 2nd) plus 1 or 2 good prospects...
Maybe Plekanec+Markov+our 1st to Edmonton for Eberle, Paajarv, edmontons 1st?

Old
01-25-2012, 06:15 AM
Corncob

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahhabib View Post
What would it take to get Milan Lucic out of Boston, something along the lines of Kostitsyn+Weber+Gionta+3rd round?
No, nothing remotely along the lines of that. Explain why exactly Boston would like to significantly downgrade Lucic (who is 3 years younger, out produces AK in addition to the many other, umm, attributes he brings and is RFA in two years) to Kostitsyn (UFA at end of year)? In return for a winger that they don't need, can't fit under the salary cap and is out for the season, a PMD defender that is not better than Kampfer, is waiver eligable and would need to be waived. Ooh and a third round pick, shiny.

Don't you think that Boston should be looking to improve their roster for the remainder of the season if they make any moves, not make it worse?

Quote:
Also, I would trade Plekanec for picks (1st and 2nd) plus 1 or 2 good prospects...
Maybe Plekanec+Markov+our 1st to Edmonton for Eberle, Paajarv, edmontons 1st?
Oh dear God

Old
01-25-2012, 06:28 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtacular View Post
Oh dear God
i don't quite see why this is a god-quoting bad proposal. seems oddly fair enough. although, remove plek from our lineup and add it to failmonton and i see our pick being lower than theirs.

don't ask edmonton fans though, they wouldn't move eberle even for price, so for the fans, this guy is nigh untouchable

Old
01-25-2012, 06:34 AM
Corncob

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
i don't quite see why this is a god-quoting bad proposal. seems oddly fair enough. although, remove plek from our lineup and add it to failmonton and i see our pick being lower than theirs.

don't ask edmonton fans though, they wouldn't move eberle even for price, so for the fans, this guy is nigh untouchable
And rightly so, the guy is scoring at a PPG this season, 17th overall in NHL scoring and still has a year left on his ELC, why would they?

I don't even know how to evaluate the value on MPS who's having a sophomore slump after looking very promising last season, vs a guy who last played when MPS was in Swedish little school. Or thereabouts.

Old
01-25-2012, 07:30 AM
karatekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
If it's really true that AK will give a home town discount to stay in Montreal, you can't sign him to a lesser amount, then turn around and trade him. This is dealing in bad faith, and these kind of shady dealings will only be a red flag for FAs.
Lots of Kots rumors out there. Then again, to be expected with UFA status coming up. He's mentioned here a few times:

http://puckbandits.com/2012/01/25/pa...l-star-rumerz/

Old
01-25-2012, 07:42 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Yes I have, he brings a lot offensively but he could care less about defense.

Old
01-25-2012, 09:57 AM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Suter (Nash) Johnson (LA) and Brassard(Col) are the names most prominent for the Habs.While Andrei Kostitsyn,Travis Moen and Hal Gill are players most likely to be traded.Suter will be a UFA at seasons end,so that leaves Johnson as most likely to come to Montreal as the price for Brassard will include our #1 draft pick.Jack Johnson is 6'1 231lbs def.salary is $4.357 a yr.for 6 more seasons and our defence can use some help.

Old
01-25-2012, 11:14 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Yes I have, he brings a lot offensively but he could care less about defense.
In the past 2 years our biggest problem during the playoffs has been not having anyone to match up against Pronger and Chara. Byfuglien can solve this problem and if that means getting a very defensive-centric right wing to be on the ice the same time he is isn't that difficult a problem to resolve.

I think Winnipeg is very happy with him and he's close to his hometown so I doubt he's going to be going anywhere, anyways.

Old
01-25-2012, 11:29 AM
Sam I Am

How about this one:

Plekanec
Gill

for

Bjugstag
Petrovic
2nd round 2012

Old
01-25-2012, 11:35 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
How about this one:

Plekanec
Gill

for

Bjugstag
Petrovic
2nd round 2012
Gill? He'll be moved. But if your trading away Plekanec, you're either going to get a top 3 Big Name Centreman or go full rebuild. And if you're dealing with Florida that would mean Jonathan Huberdeau

But I would likely do this one anyway if I were looking at the long term picture

EDIT:

to all flamers

I'm not advocating any trade or Trade value, only what the targets should be.

Closed Thread