HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tim Erixon

Old
01-24-2012, 04:07 PM
Pizza

vCash: 500
He's being handled the right way. Lot's of minutes for the University of Whales is the place for him to be.

Pizza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 04:09 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
Tim Erixon is a young Michal Roszival and I dare anyone to disagree
Michal Rozsival is a good defenseman with a bad cap hit.

If that is what Tim turns out to be, then good.

01-24-2012, 04:15 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
He's being handled the right way. Lot's of minutes for the University of Whales is the place for him to be.
Agreed. He's on the right path.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 11:02 PM
collegehockeyguy

there was a post on another website where somebody said bickel made 1 mistake after playing rock solid and torts verbally ***** him and cut his ice time to 5 minutes a game and it was unjust. i have to agree. hard to play with confidence when you make 1 mistake as a rookie and the coach blows his lid and gives you 5 minutes a game for the next week and a half and counting. will be interesting to see where bickel ends up the second half of this season and next summer as a free agent.

collegehockeyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 11:33 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegehockeyguy View Post
there was a post on another website where somebody said bickel made 1 mistake after playing rock solid and torts verbally ***** him and cut his ice time to 5 minutes a game and it was unjust. i have to agree. hard to play with confidence when you make 1 mistake as a rookie and the coach blows his lid and gives you 5 minutes a game for the next week and a half and counting. will be interesting to see where bickel ends up the second half of this season and next summer as a free agent.
Bickel has brought some toughness and been a team player...but he's not likely part of the future squad regardless. I like having him around, but he will never be more than a #6/7 on the Rangers.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 12:08 AM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Bickel has brought some toughness and been a team player...but he's not likely part of the future squad regardless. I like having him around, but he will never be more than a #6/7 on the Rangers.
He's basically a poor-man's Sauer who fights...
If he is willing to be a cheap #7, I'd keep him around...

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 08:45 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

Tim Erixon was a victim of hype. He didn't live up to it. I'm not really interested in him right now. If he gets significantly better in the minors he'll be back someday. If not, he'll be dumped like the warehouse full of others before him.

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 09:47 PM
Uncle Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Atoz View Post
Tim Erixon was a victim of hype. He didn't live up to it. I'm not really interested in him right now. If he gets significantly better in the minors he'll be back someday. If not, he'll be dumped like the warehouse full of others before him.
hes played like 13 nhl games in his first season in north america, while playing servicable defense. Not to mention he is scoring at a point per game in the ahl.... Didn't live up to it? Give the kid a chance before you make a judgment. He will be a mainstay in our lineup come opening day next season. Book it.

Uncle Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 09:49 PM
satrabyk

This guys gonna be a project he has the tools but does everything a little to slow and to casually. But i think he has hope lol, maybe next year or 2 years i see him making it.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 09:53 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Bickel has been very solid and is big which will help in the playoffs. We have such depth in this position its amazing. Feel sorry for Ranger D lower in the depth chart who could prob play another team like Valatenko.

Old
01-25-2012, 10:07 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
...What?

No, really. This is a bad post. Not sure how he was a victim of hype when he's 20 YEARS OLD.

Also his defensive game was adequate enough for the team as is now. He's basically as good as any of our glut of bottom pairing d-man. The thing is, people that aren't you realize he has a ton of potential and it's better for him to hone that in the A.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 10:09 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Man, this forum can be brutal sometimes.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 10:10 PM
wafflepadsave

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
Erixon really needs more time to develop physically and just round out the rough edges of his game. He's better off staying in the A for now so baring a major emergency, I think they'll keep him down. Eminger, Woywitka, etc soon to be available for action I assume.
Gets my vote for best analysis. Would love to see him get much stronger for next year. He is afterall only 20 yrs.

wafflepadsave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 10:12 PM
Uncle Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Man, this forum can be brutal sometimes.
Exactly. That post epitomizes some of the ignorance displayed on this forum. Like you said, the kid is TWENTY years old with all the potential in the world. He is one of the best defensive prospects in the NHL. Just need to be patient.

Old
01-25-2012, 10:15 PM
Khelvan

Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Quote:
Absolutely. It's amazing how many people fell in love with the guy and expected him to perform, and yet in just over -10- whole games he did nothing. I mean, what REAL prospect doesn't show the world his potential in 10 games?

He's no Sean Avery, that's for sure.

Khelvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 10:19 PM
Uncle Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khelvan View Post
Absolutely. It's amazing how many people fell in love with the guy and expected him to perform, and yet in just over -10- whole games he did nothing. I mean, what REAL prospect doesn't show the world his potential in 10 games?

He's no Sean Avery, that's for sure.
I think you forgot a

Old
01-25-2012, 11:27 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Wtf is wrong with that he was a quality top 4 dman for a good 10 years in this league, tell you what if he ends up a top 4 and on the Rangers #1 for 2 seasons than ill be really happy.

Old
01-26-2012, 12:41 AM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sam View Post
I think you forgot a
Did it really need one?

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 12:44 AM
petejudge

bickel has been solid and i don't see why torts has doghoused him these last few games. i think erixon is going to have that two-way ability like mcdonagh has but worse defensively and better offensively. erixon's going to be a solid player for this team, and if torts doesn't like his game he'll be a good chip to trade away for something that better suits us. however, i fully expect to have our top 6 be girardi, staal, mcd, sauer, dz, and erixon in the next 2 years

petejudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 01:26 AM
Boyle Knows Santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegehockeyguy View Post
Bickel is a dime a dozen player. Torts system and Lundqvist cover up for the fact that he is at best a #6 defensemen.

It's part of the reason why defensemen that have been cast off by other teams can find a role with the Rangers (Woywitka, Stralsy, Eminger, etc). He seems like a good teammate, but he in no way figures into the future.

Torts not giving him big minutes is in no way doing a disservice to the organization.

As for Erixon. Talk about people being impatient. The kid is performing up to expectations in Hartford.

OMG HE ISN'T PPG IN THE NHL YET BUST LOL HUGH JESSIMAN OMG.

Boyle Knows Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 01:30 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Del Zotto is such a bust. Sure he had a great 1st season but come his sophmore year, he couldn't live up to his 1st round draft pick billing. Got sent to the minors where he'll probably stay until we trade him.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 07:55 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyle Knows Santa View Post
Torts system and Lundqvist cover up for the fact that he is at best a #6 defensemen.
No one pretends otherwise. And isn't that all that he has to be?
Quote:
OMG HE ISN'T PPG IN THE NHL YET BUST LOL HUGH JESSIMAN OMG.
Not sure that is the view. The problem is that people are penciling him into the top-6 for next year. And he has not shown, while on the big stage, that he is ready for it.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 08:09 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
No one pretends otherwise. And isn't that all that he has to be?

Not sure that is the view. The problem is that people are penciling him into the top-6 for next year. And he has not shown, while on the big stage, that he is ready for it.
He doesn't need to though. He has another half a season in the AHL and a full off-season to get bigger and stronger. This has been his first season NA on top of being a 20 year old in the AHL getting big minutes.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 09:16 AM
yev kassem

I don't get it?

I am a lurker on the rangers message board at Hockey Future. Some of the responses in this thead were so PUZZLING to me that I actually joined to respond. The people who are saying negative things about Tim Erixon; are they watching him play on a nightly basis in the AHL???????

The reason I say this is that before I saw this thread, I read something that Adam Rotter posted on the SNYRANGERSBLOG.

<< At ESPN Insider, Corey Pronman writes that Rangers defenseman Tim Erixon is one of the best prospects playing in the AHL.

He says that Erixon’s point per game pace in the AHL doesn’t even do him justice:

Erixon is logging huge minutes and playing at a very high-end level at both ends of the rink. His puck-moving skills and overall hockey sense are true plus abilities and he looks like the kind of player who will be able to play versus the opponents’ better players and still keep the play flowing in his team’s favor.

He also considers Erixon to be one of the best defense prospects playing outside the NHL right now.

He had some trouble with the size of the rink and physical play when he was with the team this season, but the reports from Hartford are still showing tremendous upside for Erixon.>>

Corey Pronman is a PRO when it comes to analyzing hockey prospect talent. He writes for ESPN for goodness sake! So, whose opinion do I listen closer to when it comes to Tim Erixon? Corey Pronman or some poster whom probably has barely seen Tim play?

yev kassem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 09:19 AM
MSG the place to be*

Quote:
Can someone tell me which part of the above comment was me criticizing Tim Erixon (and by proxy, Michal Roszival)? I was strictly making a comparison that they have very similar games, demeanors, and twitches. Some of you guys with your knee-jerk reactions. Holy moly.

If I wanted to knock a prospect I'd compare Kreider to Gaborik.

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote