HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is this too much for Weber?

Old
01-25-2012, 05:20 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkMM View Post
All this on the third-line no less. I think if Nashville could get Hodgson, he'd provide an immediate bump to the top-six offensive potential with nothing but growth to spare. He's also got loads of leadership ability and would fit into the Nashville community-focused team pretty well. Only concern is that he's not very big or fast, but he is scary smart with a sick shot.
But doesn't that mean he plays against the other teams 2nd/3rd pairings mostly? Could he still produce going up against top D lines on a consistent basis?

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 07:25 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfanatic View Post
Sorry to jack the thred, but I figure Preds fans are pretty sick of Weber trade threads. I posted this on the philly board and was curious what you thought:

To Philly: Shea Weber
To Nashville: JVR, Voracek, Meszaros
as no neck said, any proposal to get Weber begins with Cooter and adds from there.

but the way we are playing now, there is no way no how that Weber is traded before the summer at the earliest, and likely not even then

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 09:34 PM
BADofSmashville

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfanatic View Post
Sorry to jack the thred, but I figure Preds fans are pretty sick of Weber trade threads. I posted this on the philly board and was curious what you thought:

To Philly: Shea Weber
To Nashville: JVR, Voracek, Meszaros
Sign me up dude..I'm on the band wagon.. Philly is my second favorite team and I am a HUGE JVR and Voracek fan so h*** yeah I would take it...

BADofSmashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 02:36 PM
MarkMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
But doesn't that mean he plays against the other teams 2nd/3rd pairings mostly? Could he still produce going up against top D lines on a consistent basis?
Good question, no guarantees, I'd put money on "yes". He's got the smarts and skills that you just can't teach, and he's getting consistently better as he's able to show more, hence why he's in the running for the Calder this year. http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...calder-trophy/

He occasionally gets pulled up to the top-six on Kesler's right-side and doesn't look out of place. A lot of people have said he's got similarities to Steve Yzerman, I think he safely bottoms out as a solid second-liner, with a questionable upside as a first-liner. What will hold him back is that he's not the fastest and he's not the biggest.

He wouldn't hurt you now, he'll get better next year, and has given every reason to have faith that he'll get even better with years to come. He's a good short-term helper with exciting long-term potential, having Hodgson and Wilson on the same team gives Nashville the long-term security of an offensive core.

MarkMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 09:49 PM
phillyfanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
as no neck said, any proposal to get Weber begins with Cooter and adds from there.

but the way we are playing now, there is no way no how that Weber is traded before the summer at the earliest, and likely not even then
I agree with you. I don't see why Nashville would trade Weber.....but if they do.....to Philly please. Any trade for Weber is going to net a HUGE return. However, I fully suspect this time next year Weber and Suter and Predators and the rest of league looks elsewhere for our Norris Trophy defenseman.

phillyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 11:18 AM
Cheekier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero View Post
Posted this on the main forum...

Trade 1

To Nashville:

Alex Edler
Cody Hodgson
Nicklas Jansen
Chris Tanev
'12 1st
'13 1st

To Vancouver:

Shea Weber

But nucks fans saying it's way too much.

Replace Hodgson with Raymond, take away one of the 1st rounders (or at least change them to a later round), and then it might be a bit more reasonable. But, I agree with other posters, unfortunately (I say unfortunately as I'm a Canucks fan), Weber's not going anywhere (especially to a Western conference team who may very well end up facing the Preds in the playoffs).

Cheekier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 05:27 AM
NucksOnly
Go Whitecaps & Lions

As a nucks fan, l would love weber to come home. I respect your team and you guys are awesome fans. I hope you guys can keep both Webs and Suts. I'm of the same opinion like some other posters that if you lose Suts, you lose webs. I hope this deadline you guys can grab parise from nj or carter off cbj. I can see a deal with cbj for carter with lindback being the center piece plus some picks or prospects going the other way. Hopefully that would show webs and suts that management is serious about contending for the cup. Good luck to you guys at the deadline and in the playoffs.

Last edited by NucksOnly: 01-28-2012 at 05:40 AM. Reason: writing off my blackberry sucks...sorry for the giant block of writing.
NucksOnly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 10:47 PM
RyK15*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero View Post
Posted this on the main forum...

Trade 1

To Nashville:

Alex Edler
Cody Hodgson
Nicklas Jansen
Chris Tanev
'12 1st
'13 1st

To Vancouver:

Shea Weber

But nucks fans saying it's way too much.

I would NEVER trade Weber. but that is an overpayment. Edler is phenomenal and him plus two firsts and a Calder candidate? Too much.

RyK15* is offline   Reply With Quote