HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Columbus Dispatch: "Don't be surprised...if Carter is sent packing"

Old
01-24-2012, 11:23 AM
Xoggz22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillermiller89 View Post
Prospal-Johansen-Nash
Umberger-Carter-Letestu
Vermette-Pahlsson-Dorsett
Calvert-MacKenzie-Boll
Is this what you think the current lines should look like or next year? If next year, count on Prospal and Pahlsson being gone for sure and possibly Vermette. There is no mention of Brassard so I'm assuming you moved him somewhere and Atkinson would take the place of Letestu who would slot down the lineup. No chance Johansen is ready for 1st line center - this or next year......

?????

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 11:56 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
Isn't that comparison a little bit crazy? The guys you mentioned don't exactly grow on trees, and Lecavalier is making 50% more than JC. That's like saying that you'd prefer Jessica Alba to Emma Stone, but if either one is a pipe dream - not sure how valid the comparison is.

And how is being a 30 goal scorer now an "average centre"? From an outsiders perspective, it just seems like you've really got an axe to grind in your posts in this thread.
read the original posts, he asked for 21 names of players better than Carter. I listed 24. He argued a couple. I told him they could be argued back. Simple as that.=

GM17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 12:12 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM17 View Post
read the original posts, he asked for 21 names of players better than Carter. I listed 24. He argued a couple. I told him they could be argued back. Simple as that.=
In my world - listing 24 guys who are better (some of them questionably better IMO) still makes Carter a #1 center in a 30 team league. Calling him "slightly better than average" just isn't accurate IMO. There are probably only 10 centers in the league who have ever scored more goals than Carter has in a season. I'm not saying that goal-scoring is the end-all-be-all way to evaluate a hockey player, but it certainly is a key askpect of the game.

I'm not a huge fan of Carter, but I don't understand the level of hatred for him in the thread. He's definetely a non-traditional type of center, who is more of a shooter than a playmaker. The real knock on him from my perspective is his inability to stay healthy, which has played a significant factor in his ineffectiveness in the play-off's.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 12:21 PM
FrankM73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant View Post
WAY WAY to much from the Caps.
I said it would be overpayment in players... Semin needs a change in scenary, Schultz does too, a mid-prospect and a 1st... yes, it's overpayment but if GMGM turns our enigmatic Winger and our scratched D (signed for 2 more years) into a solid #2 Center that can spell Backstrom when he's injured (like now), then great...

to be clear, I wouldn't do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Columbus would never do that. Fills absolutely no needs. Just gives us UFAs that wouldnt sign here. Strong No.
Semin is a UFA.
Schultz is signed for 2 more years
prospect
1st round pick

kind of similar to the Philly trade since you get a 1st and an NHL player already signed!

FrankM73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 12:37 PM
litflyersfan

Just for fun, offseason flop trade

Jeff Carter and James Wishniewski for Ville Leino, Christian Erhoff and Robyn Regehr

litflyersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 12:54 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika Zibanejad View Post
Injuries and his apparent lack of desire to play in Columbus.

We've seen it happen to many players in the past. They end up in a situation they aren't happy with and their morale goes down, vastly affecting their performance.

Usually where there is smoke, there is fire.

Carter was a bit of an enigma in Philadelphia. I can't see his attitude improving after the extension and immediate trade to the Blue Jackets. Though Ohio is a nice state and there must be a reason why Rick Nash likes it there but Carter is a different breed.

I think given his contract length, you're going to have a tough time improving his stock without drastically improving the team around him. If the GM wants to take that opportunity, he runs the risk of it not working out and it blowing up in their faces.

It could ultimately result in Columbus giving up a decent asset along with Carter just to get him off the books.
I'm not a huge Carter fan(I find him moody and one dimensional) but at 5 mil cap hit I'm sure there would be a long line of suitors willing to give up assets to get him let alone CBJ having to add something to dump the contract.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 12:57 PM
Four1 Lead
We got Nylander.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I'm not a huge Carter fan(I find him moody and one dimensional) but at 5 mil cap hit I'm sure there would be a long line of suitors willing to give up assets to get him let alone CBJ having to add something to dump the contract.
For 10 years?

$5.3M is a good price if you know what you're getting.

Carter will thrive to his fullest potential in a select few organizations.

Four1 Lead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 01:20 PM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
In my world - listing 24 guys who are better (some of them questionably better IMO) still makes Carter a #1 center in a 30 team league. Calling him "slightly better than average" just isn't accurate IMO. There are probably only 10 centers in the league who have ever scored more goals than Carter has in a season. I'm not saying that goal-scoring is the end-all-be-all way to evaluate a hockey player, but it certainly is a key askpect of the game.

I'm not a huge fan of Carter, but I don't understand the level of hatred for him in the thread. He's definetely a non-traditional type of center, who is more of a shooter than a playmaker. The real knock on him from my perspective is his inability to stay healthy, which has played a significant factor in his ineffectiveness in the play-off's.
Sure and once again, that's not what I'm addressing so why are you still talking? He asked for 21 names, gave him 24. Rock and roll. Deal with it

GM17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 01:22 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 460
The Kings should be all over this. They also have the D and G prospects that Columbus needs.

Flour Child is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 03:13 PM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
What is your defintion of long? The trade deadline is 2/27.
As in offseason.

CBJWennberg41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 05:46 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
The Kings should be all over this. They also have the D and G prospects that Columbus needs.
What do you think they'd do with him? Put him as a second line centre and bump Richards to third? Or put him on Richards' or Kopitar's wing? He played well on RW with Giroux last season and other guys as a centre in previous years but he and Richards didn't play that well together.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 06:00 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
What do you think they'd do with him? Put him as a second line centre and bump Richards to third? Or put him on Richards' or Kopitar's wing? He played well on RW with Giroux last season and other guys as a centre in previous years but he and Richards didn't play that well together.
He'd play wing. Either first or second line

Old
01-24-2012, 06:09 PM
BiBoFro*

C Brandon Pirri, C Mark McNeil for C Jeff Carter.

Sharp-Carter-Hossa.

BiBoFro* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 06:10 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Quote:
He'd play wing. Either first or second line
It wouldn't work. Carter and Richards on the same line never worked in Philadelphia, and I don't see Carter working well with Kopitar. I have not seen Anze play that often, but he seems to be a guy that likes to have the puck on his stick a lot. Carter needs the puck on his stick to be effective. Carter had the most success in Philadelphia when he was playing with Lupul and Hartnell, both guys that could get him the puck.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 06:54 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankM73 View Post

Semin is a UFA.
Schultz is signed for 2 more years
prospect
1st round pick

kind of similar to the Philly trade since you get a 1st and an NHL player already signed!
Kinda not on so many levels. Semin wont sign with us. Why is he even in the proposal? Voracek >>>>> Schultz. Whatever the prospect is, it wont be better than Couturier and neither will your first round pick. Its actually, quite horrible.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 06:56 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiBoFro View Post
C Brandon Pirri, C Mark McNeil for C Jeff Carter.

Sharp-Carter-Hossa.
Not enough for Carter, and his contract is too long.

Columbus wants a package like the one they gave up.

Think, Stalberg, and a 1st....and I doubt they do that.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 11:53 PM
BiBoFro*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post

Ok then. Morin + 1st.

Old
01-24-2012, 11:54 PM
BiBoFro*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Kinda not on so many levels. Semin wont sign with us. Why is he even in the proposal? Voracek >>>>> Schultz. Whatever the prospect is, it wont be better than Couturier and neither will your first round pick. Its actually, quite horrible.
It'd be in your best interests to take what you can get. You won't get the same thing you traded for Carter. Gauranteed.

Old
01-24-2012, 11:54 PM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiBoFro View Post
It'd be in your best interests to take what you can get. You won't get the same thing you traded for Carter. Gauranteed.
No ****. Hense why we will keep him until he improves his value. If you think Carter gets traded at the deadline you're crazy.

CBJWennberg41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 12:03 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
No ****. Hense why we will keep him until he improves his value. If you think Carter gets traded at the deadline you're crazy.
if you thinks there's ZERO chance, then you're the one that's crazy...at this point all bets are off...if he fetches us a top ten pick this year and something else (a similar trade to ours to get him) he might be on the way...chances of getting yakupov and murray or dumba...that might begin the actual building process...

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 01:31 AM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post

How about a high first

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 01:32 AM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveForDrawingBlood View Post
How about a high first
How about a high five?

Old
01-25-2012, 09:39 AM
RyK15*

Carter will always be lazy. The end. I think the league has realized that. He'll never garner the return that Philly got for him again.

RyK15* is offline   Reply With Quote