HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread III

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2012, 09:48 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Richards hasn't been the same since his concussion. Also it was the first time he had been asked. Carter has been asked a few times before. I am pretty sure that these players, at their skill level, can handle it. Not to mention just a handful of games isn't much of a sample size. 7 games was all it took for us to conclude that Moulson wasn't much of a goal scorer.
One of the worst conclusions the organization has ever come to.

How is Matt doing by the way? I think he is on pass for 41 now and about 75 points?

I need a time machines.

Old
01-24-2012, 09:55 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I remember thinking Moulson looked pretty good playing with Handzus and Frolov. I guess Terry Murray wanted to force a square peg through a round hole when he tried to get Moulson (as well as Purcell) to play his brand of hockey rather than putting them in a position to succeed.

Old
01-24-2012, 10:20 PM
Knight of the Realm
Go Kings Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I remember thinking Moulson looked pretty good playing with Handzus and Frolov. I guess Terry Murray wanted to force a square peg through a round hole when he tried to get Moulson (as well as Purcell) to play his brand of hockey rather than putting them in a position to succeed.
It is frustrating to see those guys excel elsewhere given our biggest need here.

Old
01-25-2012, 01:01 AM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Loktionov is a rookie and Stoll just plain sucks.
Now there's a 'Quoted For The Win' if I've ever seen one.

Old
01-25-2012, 01:36 AM
LeedsMonster

To LAK

LW Zach Parise
G Johan Hedberg

To NJD

C Andrei Loktionov
G Jon Bernier
1st rounder
Peter Griffin on skates for a salary dump

Want Toffoli too but I know my limits haha

Thoughts?

Old
01-25-2012, 01:44 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

With six pending UFAs on the roster, the Kings are going to have to look at trades, free agency or within the system to fill out the roster during the summer.

Brown-Kopitar-Williams
Gagne-Richards-???
Richardson-Loktionov-Lewis
Clifford-???-Westgarth

Scuderi-Doughty
???-Voynov
Johnson-Greene
Martinez
Drewiske

Quick-Bernier

Free Agents: Mitchell, Penner, Stoll, Fraser, Hunter, Parse

We don't know the status of Simon Gagne, whether or not he'll be coming back, if he'll be healthy, or if he'll continue to sit out with an injury or decide to retire (which I hope doesn't happen). If he's not prepared to play or hangs them up, then that creates another hole in the top six that the Kings will have to address.

In terms of free agent forwards, here is a list of players to keep an eye on that could be moved at the deadline or sign with new clubs during the summer (DISCLAIMER: I'm not suggesting the Kings pursue all of the names listed below at the trade deadline and/or free agency):

Zach Parise
Alex Semin
Shane Doan
Teemu Selanne
Ryan Smyth
Ales Hemsky
Tuomo Ruutu
Kristian Huselius
Brian Rolston
Daymond Langkow
Brad Boyes
Jason Blake
Jochen Hecht
Andrei Kostitsyn
Milan Hejduk
Jaromir Jagr
Olli Jokinen
Ray Whitney
Niklas Hagman
Jiri Hudler
Jason Arnott
Mikhail Grabovski
Jamie Langenbrunner
Sami Pahlsson
Mike Knuble
Vaclav Prospal
Paul Gaustad
David Jones
Mikael Samuelsson
Jordin Tootoo
P.A. Parenteau
Lee Stempniak
Saku Koivu
Chris Kelly
Gregory Campbell
Shawn Thornton
Taylor Pyatt
Andrew Brunette
Todd Bertuzzi
Travis Moen
Radek Dvorak
Steve Sullivan
Alexei Ponikarovsky
Ruslan Fedotenko
Torrey Mitchell
Frans Nielsen
Jay McClement
Adam Burish
Dominic Moore
Tom Kostopoulos
Brandon Prust
Toby Petersen
Daniel Carcillo
Kyle Wellwood
Tim Stapleton

It's a pretty long list of third and fourth line quality players with few top six talent. If the Kings look to dip into free agency to replace Fraser and Hunter, then they have plenty of options at their disposal.

In terms of players from within the system, we could possible be looking at the following who may graduate to the pro ranks:
Tyler Toffoli (top six role)
Oscar Moller (top six role)
Brandon Kozun (top six role)
Marc-Andre Cliche (fourth line forward)
Dwight King (fourth line forward)
Jordan Nolan (fourth line forward)

Last edited by Ziggy Stardust: 01-25-2012 at 03:43 AM.
Old
01-25-2012, 03:02 AM
bobafettish*

my guess is we resign fraser
strike out on parise after he narrows it down to us and another team
than sign prospal to a two year deal.

FML

Old
01-25-2012, 03:37 AM
OldGreatWestern

I would love to figure out a way to do this...

J. Jokinen - Kopitar - Grabner
Gagne - Richards - Williams
Brown - Loktionov - Rutuu
Clifford - Lewis - Richardson
Fraser / Westgarth

Scuderi - Doughty
Williams - Voynov
Johnson - Greene

Quick
next in line backup

Old
01-25-2012, 03:49 AM
lagwagon0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeedsMonster View Post
To LAK

LW Zach Parise
G Johan Hedberg

To NJD

C Andrei Loktionov
G Jon Bernier
1st rounder

Want Toffoli too but I know my limits haha

Thoughts?
I think the Kings would do this if it came along with an extension. That being said, really don't want to trade Lokti right now.

Old
01-25-2012, 03:52 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagwagon0 View Post
I think the Kings would do this if it came along with an extension. That being said, really don't want to trade Lokti right now.
Apparently Lamoriello doesn't believe in allowing teams to sign & trade according the Devils fans only. Rental only.

"I think part of his game is he’s over aggressive at times, which I like. We’ll tame that. I’d rather tame a lion than paint stripes on the kitty cat." - Dean Lombardi discussing Brayden McNabb
Old
01-25-2012, 05:08 AM
kingsdarkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGreatWestern View Post
I would love to figure out a way to do this...

J. Jokinen - Kopitar - Grabner
Gagne - Richards - Williams
Brown - Loktionov - Rutuu
Clifford - Lewis - Richardson
Fraser / Westgarth

Scuderi - Doughty
Williams - Voynov
Johnson - Greene

Quick
next in line backup
hey, good luck with that

jk, that would be promising.

Old
01-25-2012, 07:02 AM
ScoreZeGoals
I'm bored...

Carter is exactly what this team needs, a defensively responsible two-way sniper. At his age, cap hit, and probability of wanting to be here (because of Richards), it's almost a no brainer for me. I'd love Parise, but I think we call all see us being left at the alter again this summer if he makes it to UFA.

Old
01-25-2012, 09:59 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Agreed. NYI loves to mess things up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
One of the worst conclusions the organization has ever come to.

How is Matt doing by the way? I think he is on pass for 41 now and about 75 points?

I need a time machines.
Yeah, it sucks, but even his most adamant supporters never thought Moulson would be a 30-40 goal guy. Every now and then teams give up a player who goes on and does great elsewhere. If it was an all-the-time thing I'd be concerned, but you have to expect a few of those.

Could be worse. Imagine how Flames fans feel about Martin St. Louis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeedsMonster View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
In terms of players from within the system, we could possible be looking at the following who may graduate to the pro ranks:
Tyler Toffoli (top six role)
Oscar Moller (top six role)
Brandon Kozun (top six role)
Marc-Andre Cliche (fourth line forward)
Dwight King (fourth line forward)
Jordan Nolan (fourth line forward)
Not even a shot in the dark for Holloway? Do you think he permanently burnt the bridge with DL?

Old
01-25-2012, 10:01 AM
cheap77

Not Ryan Malone. Don't do it Dean.

If you want to deal with Tampa, deal for Marty.

Old
01-25-2012, 10:24 AM
SuperAlmeida

Quote:
KINGS EYEING MALONE, DANGLING BERNIER
Unlike Christmas, there's no roster freeze during the All Star break, which it leads to a flurry of activity as the NHL goes dark for four days while the League's best have fun in Ottawa.
At least a dozen general managers are vigorously working the phones in hopes of strengthening their rosters for inclusion in the post-season dance, priming for a championship run or commencing a rebuild.

Many prominent names are starting to populate the back channels with just over a month before the Feb. 27 trade deadline.
The Los Angeles Kings, presently in the Western Conference Top 8, are staying in contention despite the fact that the team is last in the league in offense.

Under Darryl Sutter, who replaced Terry Murray as head coach 16 games ago, the Kings have been competitive every night, but have to lean heavily upon All Star goaltender Jonathan Quick to work wonders in the net.

The pressure of having to win every night with a meager offense gives Sutter no margin for error and makes valuable backup netminder Jonathan Bernier an afterthought; he's only started two of the 16 matches under Sutter's stewardship.

Kings GM Dean Lombardi -- reluctantly pushed into a 'win now' mentality by virtue of a $63 million payroll that contains underachiever Dustin Penner and injured veteran Simon Gagne, combined with pressure from ownership to have a deep playoff run -- may be forced to break up the young goaltending tandem sooner than he wanted.

With the dearth of production on left wing, Kings captain Dustin Brown has moved to the left flank in support of Anze Kopitar, while Justin Williams has resurfaced as the line's right wing. While the top line has consistently put points on the board over the last couple of weeks, the shift has left Mike Richards with no threats on either side with the aforementioned Penner and Jarret Stoll, unproductive in his time at right wing.

Talks recently revived around a long discussed deal that would see Bernier head to Tampa Bay for Ryan Malone, the talented but oft injured Lightning winger.

Malone has been a long time favorite of Lombardi; he plays hard nightly, is fearless going to the net and is well respected in the locker room. He would be an upgrade on the left side, but would have to waive a no-movement clause and some doubt he'd agree to an address change with three years remaining on his deal.

While a move west may be a non-starter for the guy known as Bugsy, Lightning GM Steve Yzerman is desperate to obtain a young goalie that has the potential to play in Southwest Florida for the better part of a decade; so there's motivation for the Red Wing legend to do a great sales job on the virtues of the Pacific shores.

There's further speculation that Lombardi would consider the riskier move of packaging Bernier with Brown for a top three forward like New Jersey Devils star Zach Parise.

The newest conjecture commenced when a New York Post report cited that the NHL was ready to fund the Devils for the balance of the season earlier this week. New Jersey's rocky ownership situation doesn't make it an optimal place for a Parise return (his one year, $7 million deal expires July 1) and his comments fueled the fire that he may be for sale despite the Devils being clearly in the playoff hunt.

"You hear about teams that, no matter what, they're not going to spend to the cap," Parise told The Post. "That's just the way they are. It's hard to be competitive if you're not going to, if you can't spend as much as these other teams. So if there's a change, you hope that part won't change, because we've always been a salary cap team."

If Parise does come on the market, the Kings wouldn't be alone as Detroit Red Wings GM Ken Holland would likely pick up the phone.

Link: http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/lak120125.html
Brown and Bernier for Parise WTF? Parise better be signed if it happens!

I don't want Malone because he's often injured.

Last edited by SuperAlmeida: 01-25-2012 at 10:59 AM.
Old
01-25-2012, 10:33 AM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Malone? No thanks.

Old
01-25-2012, 10:37 AM
SuperAlmeida

I would take Malone for Penner... that's it!

Old
01-25-2012, 10:37 AM
BigBrown
They did it!

I've said it before but I don't find Malone appealing at all. Too old, paid too much and too many years left on his contract. Not to mention he's had the opportunity to inflate stats by playing with Crosby/Malkin and Stamkos/Lecavalier and is prone to injuries. If we're gonna acquire him it better not be for Jonathan Bernier.

Oh well, it's not exactly from a very reliable source anyway.

Old
01-25-2012, 10:38 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida View Post
Brown and Bernier for Parise WTF? Parise better be signed if it happen!

If that happened and Parise walked, I'd probably go with him and find a new team... DL has made some questionable trades and some bad free agent signings but losing those two for a rental would just... NO!

Old
01-25-2012, 10:49 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

I wouldn't pay that for a rental of Parise, no sir. I'm debating on the merits of Bernier to rent Parise, nevermind adding brown in. That's to much IMO.

As for Malone, maybe next year. He has three years left on his deal after this one, at a cap hit of $4.5 million. To much, no thanks. He is what he is, a 20-25 goal, 40-55 point guy. If he can reach the upper limits of those realms, he's likely worth the money, but half the time he doesn't. I don't want that for three yeras when you can pretty much bank on at least one being a sub-par year based on his history. Given his agee, 33 this year, odds are it'll be two of three sub-par. His size and strength are definately nice, but I'd rather revisit this next year to see how he's doing then.

Also, until Quick is signed long-term, I don't see why DL would move Bernier for a guy like Malone. Bernier is a nice insurance piece and it should only be for something really good that he gets moved. Malone is not really good.

Old
01-25-2012, 10:51 AM
Asheru

Quote:
Just stop it, DL! I know he's addicted to oft-injured guys, but if that's true, someone smack his hand with a ruler.

Seriously, I would hate that move. Bernier is our insurance against an injury to Quick, and against Quick's potential salary demands as well. And to move him for Malone? Not even a young player? Aaaargh.

The Fourth Period also needs to use Google. Parise is making six million this year, not seven.

Old
01-25-2012, 10:54 AM
SuperAlmeida

Quote:
DarrenDreger Darren Dreger
More productive trade discussions this week among teams which means next week might see some action. Not surprising..many teams after D-men.
We have some D-men!

Old
01-25-2012, 10:57 AM
Martyros

Quote:
Brown and Bernier for Parise WTF? Parise better be signed if it happen!

The Fourth Period don't know what the hell they're talking about.

Old
01-25-2012, 11:02 AM
SuperAlmeida

If we trade Brown, then we'll have a hole on RW, so it does not make sense at all!

Old
01-25-2012, 11:24 AM
SuperAlmeida

Antero Niittymäki is placed on waivers. Watch out for Tampa Bay Lightning.

Closed Thread