HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Ryan Whitney - Right Knee [UPDATE: Returns Tuesday vs. Canucks]

Old
01-25-2012, 11:57 AM
Joe Hallenback

vCash: 500
So I thought Whitney was gone for the season?

Joe Hallenback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 12:00 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
With a week between games, I doubt we here anything at this time.
That's what I kinda figured, although I thought maybe someone asked him last night.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 12:21 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
2012 thread, check.

So has anyone heard how Whitney felt after the game or this morning for that matter?
Didn't hear anything but I thought he looked pretty decent in his limited ice time last night. Seemed rather pissed off too which I liked. Love when he shoved Kessler and he flopped to the ice like he was clubbed with a mallet.

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 12:22 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
So I thought Whitney was gone for the season?
Nope, he may be. I'm sure that was the evaluation game last night. We should find out in a weeks time or so.

Old
01-25-2012, 12:27 PM
Skm

vCash: 1551
In the postgame he said the ankle felt fine during the game, but it was only bothering when playing a lot of games in a short time frame before, so doesn't really say much. I saw him make a few nice tape to tape passes while the forwards were regrouping or changing and we have lacked that so badly this year. I also noticed Kesler gave him a chop to the foot at one point...intentional by a reputational player or just a coicidence?

Skm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 12:29 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimmingswerth View Post
In the postgame he said the ankle felt fine during the game, but it was only bothering when playing a lot of games in a short time frame before, so doesn't really say much. I saw him make a few nice tape to tape passes while the forwards were regrouping or changing and we have lacked that so badly this year. I also noticed Kesler gave him a chop to the foot at one point...intentional by a reputational player or just a coicidence?
It was probably intentional and that's why later on Whitney nailed him in the back of the head after a whistle and there was a scrum around the net.

Old
01-25-2012, 12:34 PM
Skm

vCash: 1551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
It was probably intentional and that's why later on Whitney nailed him in the back of the head after a whistle and there was a scrum around the net.
Yeah needless to say I wasn't surprised, the slash itself wasn't really that bad but I see anything that intentionally targets an injury is about as gutless as it gets. You're right though Kesler did a nice Lapierre impersonation in that scrum.

Skm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 12:45 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimmingswerth View Post
Yeah needless to say I wasn't surprised, the slash itself wasn't really that bad but I see anything that intentionally targets an injury is about as gutless as it gets. You're right though Kesler did a nice Lapierre impersonation in that scrum.
Yeah it was pretty brutal. Watching it in real time it looked like he fell in slow motion.

Old
01-25-2012, 01:50 PM
Cawz

Quote:
Didn't hear anything but I thought he looked pretty decent in his limited ice time last night. Seemed rather pissed off too which I liked. Love when he shoved Kessler and he flopped to the ice like he was clubbed with a mallet.
Yeah, he was bullying people in front of the net and making some great passes. Just imagine how this team would have looked in the last 2 years if they actually had their #1 dman playing.

I hope they caught the sniper that shot Kesler. Hell, Whitney smacked a Sedin in front of the net as well and the he maganed to stand up like a man and take it.

Cawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 01:52 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cawz View Post
Yeah, he was bullying people in front of the net and making some great passes. Just imagine how this team would have looked in the last 2 years if they actually had their #1 dman playing.

I hope they caught the sniper that shot Kesler. Hell, Whitney smacked a Sedin in front of the net as well and the he maganed to stand up like a man and take it.
Lies, Lies, LIES!!!

Old
01-25-2012, 01:58 PM
Cawz

Quote:
Lies, Lies, LIES!!!
The Sedins are good at taking it. Just like in the SC Finals last year when one of them got punched in the face multiple times. He just stood there and took it. Its like the different levels of pussiness. Kesler would fall down like a jellyfish, Sedins will stand there and take it, real men would fight back.

Cawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 02:23 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cawz View Post
The Sedins are good at taking it. Just like in the SC Finals last year when one of them got punched in the face multiple times. He just stood there and took it. Its like the different levels of pussiness. Kesler would fall down like a jellyfish, Sedins will stand there and take it, real men would fight back.
You're right I do recall that, now I'm starting to believe.

Old
01-25-2012, 02:30 PM
Mr.Prez
Hai Kids!

vCash: 129
The Sedins remind me of something but I can't say as this is a family board

Mr.Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 02:57 PM
Doppler Drift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Prez View Post
The Sedins remind me of something but I can't say as this is a family board
There was a video bit on one of them last night on the score board. The music had lyrics with the words "I'm so sexy". I turned to a Canuck fan beside and said nope music does not match the star. He laughed.

Doppler Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 03:10 PM
nabob
Hall for captain

The split screen that sportsnet had on the sedins last night got really creepy when they skated into each others camera space. It looked like there were 4 of those creepy ******** on the ice.

nabob is offline   Reply With Quote