HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jagr wants to re-sign w/ Flyers for next year

Old
01-22-2012, 10:34 AM
Xegiie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroglycerin View Post
you need to come down.
calm?..

btw just noticed Erik Gustafsson is right behind Jagr in +/- in just 9 games played, wow he should play way more

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 10:37 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegiie View Post
calm?..

btw just noticed Erik Gustafsson is right behind Jagr in +/- in just 9 games played, wow he should play way more
You need to come down to earth and relax. Jagr is not the best player here.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 10:43 AM
Xegiie

Quote:
You need to come down to earth and relax. Jagr is not the best player here.
o really, please tell me where, i said he is the best player?
the more you say the more it show you are just pathetic troll
go ahead monkey brain

Old
01-22-2012, 10:53 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
for example Hartnell, everyone wanted him out, now those same people are cheering for him, just pathetic.
Not everyone. I spent the first month of the season defending him against the majority of the boards.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 10:57 AM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

I'd love to have him back for another year, but hopefully Voracek would surpass him on the depth chart, slightly reduce Jagr's ice time a bit to lessen the blow to the team when his groin goes wonky again

RoDu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 10:59 AM
Xegiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
Not everyone. I spent the first month of the season defending him against the majority of the boards.
you said it well, the majority

Old
01-25-2012, 09:44 AM
PucksATP

There's a number of issues surrounding him re-signing. The potential lockout could be disaster for his career. Fingers crossed it doesn't go that way.

I really like Jagr, but I'm not convinced that he wouldn't follow the money. It looks like he's having fun again.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 01-25-2012 at 10:24 AM.
PucksATP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 10:49 AM
MsWoof

I prefer the team as it is now, no Jagr, no Briere, no JvR. Let JvR get healthy and trade him, don't re-sign Jagr and keep Briere since he won't allow a trade, but make a rookie per season live with him.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 10:50 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
o really, please tell me where, i said he is the best player?
I did not say you did but you act like Flyers cannot get better by adding someone else but Jagr. At this time Jagr is very expendable and Flyers can definitely play without him.. No rush to resign him.

Next year we should look into playing Schenn or maybe improve on face-offs or go after forechecker (Callahan type) that can score 25 goals while throwing 250 hits like Ruutu. I want younger faster bigger tougher team.

Hartnell Giroux Schenn
JVR Briere Voracek
Read Couturier Simmonds
Sestito Gaustad Talbot Simmonds brings 57% faceoffs and 150 hits

or

Hartnell Giroux Ruutu 25 goals and 300 hits
JVR Briere Voracek
Read Couturier Simmonds
Sestito Schenn Talbot

Not sure why you are calling me a troll. I did not say I do not like Jagr. By the way, Jagr is all about money. It is well documented.

Last edited by Kaktus*: 01-25-2012 at 11:11 AM.
Old
01-25-2012, 11:33 AM
phillyfanatic

Most people had Jagr for 60-70 points. It looks like he is going to be below that number (.85 points per game, 34 games remaining, has 34 points now). If he plays every game and stays on the same PPG he will crack 60, I think he ends up with 55ish points.

Next year I have to assume we pencil him in for 60-65 games at around the same PPG. That puts him in the 50-60 point range.

I think that 3.3 million might be better used to upgrade our D if Pronger is not back. If Pronger is back, I don't think we have enough to re-sign Jagr anyway.

LOVED having him this year, but with JVR, Carle, Coburn, Voracek raises + Schenn will get his bonus money, I don't see Jagr on this team next year.

phillyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 12:24 PM
Xegiie

Quote:
By the way, Jagr is all about money. It is well documented.
i only read this part, and here is where i will just laugh to you and say lol

Old
01-25-2012, 12:26 PM
Xegiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfanatic View Post
Most people had Jagr for 60-70 points. It looks like he is going to be below that number (.85 points per game, 34 games remaining, has 34 points now). If he plays every game and stays on the same PPG he will crack 60, I think he ends up with 55ish points.

Next year I have to assume we pencil him in for 60-65 games at around the same PPG. That puts him in the 50-60 point range.

I think that 3.3 million might be better used to upgrade our D if Pronger is not back. If Pronger is back, I don't think we have enough to re-sign Jagr anyway.

LOVED having him this year, but with JVR, Carle, Coburn, Voracek raises + Schenn will get his bonus money, I don't see Jagr on this team next year.
now do the same math with everyone else in this team and come back after
i will make it easy for you, as jagr is 3rd in the team, this makes everyone else except G and Hartnell, not needed according to your calculations

Old
01-25-2012, 12:53 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
i only read this part, and here is where i will just laugh to you and say lol
You can laugh all you want.. Everything he did and every contract he signed was for good money. He even went to KHL because they offered more. Laugh all you want.

By the way I do not blame him. He should not work free/cheap.

Last edited by Kaktus*: 01-25-2012 at 12:59 PM.
Old
01-25-2012, 01:00 PM
Xegiie

Quote:
You can laugh all you want.. Everything he did and every contract he signed was for good money. Laugh all you want.

By the way I do not blame him. He should not work free/cheap.
of course it was for good money, or he should have been paid less than other while racking all those points?

but please dobnt make yourself look stupid (too late, avatar and previous posts)
if he was all for money he would be still in russia or not in philadelphia,..
i just feel silly saying this once again and even on flyers boards, where you should know better

Old
01-25-2012, 01:01 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
of course it was for good money, or he should have been paid less than other while racking all those points?

but please dobnt make yourself look stupid (too late, avatar and previous posts)
if he was all for money he would be still in russia or not in philadelphia,..i just feel silly saying this once again and even on flyers boards, where you should know better
right.. whatever. Flyers offered more compare to Pens or Wings

Old
01-25-2012, 01:02 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

OK, if you can't argue with someone without demeaning them then you shouldn't be arguing at all.

Consider this a warning for the rest of this thread. Keep it respectful please.

01-25-2012, 01:14 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
OK, if you can't argue with someone without demeaning them then you shouldn't be arguing at all.

Consider this a warning for the rest of this thread. Keep it respectful please.
Beef.. becareful or some fans will start making fun of your avatar.

Old
01-25-2012, 01:31 PM
MsWoof

The more I read, the more I can't wait to see the end of Jagr. With the young guys we have now, we don't need him. They can match his point production and they will recover from injury quicker. Their defensive games are no better or worse than his.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 01:32 PM
phillyfanatic

Quote:
now do the same math with everyone else in this team and come back after
i will make it easy for you, as jagr is 3rd in the team, this makes everyone else except G and Hartnell, not needed according to your calculations
My point was, we can expect 55-60 points for Jagr at 65 games next year. He is going to want 3+ million. Either, we move someone to make room or we can't sign him.

Point 1: Jagr is 40.....so keeping Voracek and the young guys makes more sense
Point 2: Jagr is playing on the first line and #1 PP. The other two guys on that line are outproducing Jagr. So.....you can't compare other guys to Jagr, they haven't been given the same quality of linemates or PP time. Schenn may be able to produce at .85 per game with G and Hartnell + #1 PP.

Again, I like Jagr, but I don't see how we sign him next year for the same contract and keep everyone else who are going to be short term and long term Flyers.

Old
01-25-2012, 03:38 PM
Xegiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfanatic View Post
My point was, we can expect 55-60 points for Jagr at 65 games next year. He is going to want 3+ million. Either, we move someone to make room or we can't sign him.

Point 1: Jagr is 40.....so keeping Voracek and the young guys makes more sense
Point 2: Jagr is playing on the first line and #1 PP. The other two guys on that line are outproducing Jagr. So.....you can't compare other guys to Jagr, they haven't been given the same quality of linemates or PP time. Schenn may be able to produce at .85 per game with G and Hartnell + #1 PP.

Again, I like Jagr, but I don't see how we sign him next year for the same contract and keep everyone else who are going to be short term and long term Flyers.
good points.
point 1 we can talk about, becuase Jagr > Voracek easily, but if your looking for next 3 seasons not just next year, you might be right.
point 2, well Jagr is placed on bad position, nobody knows why, he doesnt fit there, its like Hartnell at his spot at weekend, Jagr got his shoting spot too and they doesnt let him there, we would see way more points from him if they played him corectly.
Schenn doesnt produce, he can hit with his body, i didnt see anything else from the guy, tho some can find it as good enough.
About cap money well, too bad, if Jagr will heal his groin im sure he will want to play at least 1 more year in NHL, basicly as long as he will be able and have fun he will be here.
He said he would like to be flyer, but if they dont want him, im sure there will be teams who will want him, detroit comming on my mind as they know how to take care about such players.
Whats pissing me off, ppl throwing crap at him now as he is injured and not producing due to that. month ago ppl were saying completely other way, way to be ***s.

Old
01-25-2012, 04:00 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Whats pissing me off, ppl throwing crap at him now as he is injured and not producing due to that. month ago ppl were saying completely other way, way to be ***s.
Please provide examples of people throwing crap.... I haven't seen it.

Old
01-25-2012, 04:02 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Yeah I haven't seen anybody criticizing Jagr for being injured, or throwing him under the bus...unless "sit him until he's healthy" is criticism.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 04:23 PM
phillyfanatic

Quote:
good points.
point 1 we can talk about, becuase Jagr > Voracek easily, but if your looking for next 3 seasons not just next year, you might be right.
point 2, well Jagr is placed on bad position, nobody knows why, he doesnt fit there, its like Hartnell at his spot at weekend, Jagr got his shoting spot too and they doesnt let him there, we would see way more points from him if they played him corectly.
Schenn doesnt produce, he can hit with his body, i didnt see anything else from the guy, tho some can find it as good enough.
About cap money well, too bad, if Jagr will heal his groin im sure he will want to play at least 1 more year in NHL, basicly as long as he will be able and have fun he will be here.
He said he would like to be flyer, but if they dont want him, im sure there will be teams who will want him, detroit comming on my mind as they know how to take care about such players.
The reason this is a discussion now is because Jagr has stated he wants to come back. And as Flyer fans, we would love to have him. So, what is stopping us? Well, there are a lot of issues with our cap right now. IMO - we have to sign Carle, we have given Coburn a raise and JVR and Schenn get significant bumps. So, unless there is a huge cap increase, I can't see where the money is coming from to sign Jagr. We don't even have enough to sign Carle, etc.

FORWARDS
Scott Hartnell ($4.200m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.110m)
Matt Read ($0.900m) / Daniel Briere ($6.500m) / Jakub Voracek ($3.250m)
James Van Riemsdyk ($4.250m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Wayne Simmonds ($1.750m)
Tom Sestito ($0.550m) / Maxime Talbot ($1.750m) / Zac Rinaldo ($0.544m)

DEFENSEMEN
Matt Carle ($4.000m) / Chris Pronger ($4.921m)
Braydon Coburn ($4.500m) / Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m)
Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m) / Erik Gustafsson ($0.900m)
Andreas Lilja ($0.737m)

GOALTENDERS
Ilya Bryzgalov ($5.666m) / Sergei Bobrovsky ($1.750m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,738,873; BONUSES: $3,555,000
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): -$438,873

Old
01-26-2012, 08:44 AM
Xegiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Yeah I haven't seen anybody criticizing Jagr for being injured, or throwing him under the bus...unless "sit him until he's healthy" is criticism.
nop theres plenty of posts, with ppl saying to not resign jagr, including nitroglycerin here in this very topic

Old
01-26-2012, 08:50 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
nop theres plenty of posts, with ppl saying to not resign jagr, including nitroglycerin here in this very topic
Must be against the law.