HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Holloway and Moller

Old
01-25-2012, 11:09 AM
lafan

vCash: 500
Holloway and Moller

enjoying great seasons in Sweden.The AIK currently sit in first place in the SEL.Holloway leads the team with 33 points and is in the top 5 in the league.Oscar has 22 points and sits in the top 20.

lafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 11:11 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Where's the article?

kingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 11:15 AM
DaAnimal

i like oscar and bud. THey would do so much better than penner and stoll......

DaAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 11:22 AM
lafan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Where's the article?
under stats.swehockey.se then go elestrien the article is under vasterbottens folkbald its the news there i think

Old
01-25-2012, 11:29 AM
Face Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaAnimal View Post
i like oscar and bud. THey would do so much better than penner and stoll......
Moller has had various chances to impress (over a years worth of games in the NHL). He's not going to excel in a defensive system. In fact Moller and Alec Martinez have played the exact same amount of games for the Kings and AMart, the defenseman, has 8 fewer points.

Bud Holloway on the other hand... I wish he didn't sign to play in Europe. I understand it, but I wish he would have tried to make the team. He actually might be a better option on the wing although he's a right wing. No guarantee he would have been called up. Haven't been many call ups this year.

Face Wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 11:41 AM
DaAnimal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash View Post
Moller has had various chances to impress (over a years worth of games in the NHL). He's not going to excel in a defensive system. In fact Moller and Alec Martinez have played the exact same amount of games for the Kings and AMart, the defenseman, has 8 fewer points.

Bud Holloway on the other hand... I wish he didn't sign to play in Europe. I understand it, but I wish he would have tried to make the team. He actually might be a better option on the wing although he's a right wing. No guarantee he would have been called up. Haven't been many call ups this year.
I always wondered why that was the case this year. Besides VV and Lotki.

If people are playing bad, they deserve to be benched, if youre on offense and you cant produce then let the young gun try. But then again we are a D first team. So i guess Sutter is impressed with Stoll's and Penner's defensive plays?

DaAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 11:47 AM
Face Wash

Quote:

If people are playing bad, they deserve to be benched, if youre on offense and you cant produce then let the young gun try. But then again we are a D first team. So i guess Sutter is impressed with Stoll's and Penner's defensive plays?
I'm anticipating something going down with Penner at the deadline... even if it's a release or a demotion. Unfortunately, there's nothing in Manchester ready to come up. Sadly, the Kings haven't and in my estimation won't ever develop a forward that will excel in this kind of system. Kopitar is an anomaly and I can only imagine what he'd be like on a run & gun team. If Moulson, Purcell & Simmonds have shown us anything, it's shown us that our talent evaluation is good, our system and its execution stifle the talent.

Face Wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 12:37 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:

Sadly nothing is really ready on the farm for the big time. At least on a permanent basis.

Unless you want to see Dwight King, or Cliche up full time. Granted I think they should be given chances this season...but they are certainly not ready to take on a full time role at the NHL level. They are just getting used to being big time contributors on Manchester. Once they master that they will hit the NHL level.

Look at Parse. He was pretty much a point per game player at the AHL level and his time came to move up. Cliche, King, Clune, Meckler....these guys are still trying to figure it out down there.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 02:05 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Sadly nothing is really ready on the farm for the big time. At least on a permanent basis.

Unless you want to see Dwight King, or Cliche up full time. Granted I think they should be given chances this season...but they are certainly not ready to take on a full time role at the NHL level. They are just getting used to being big time contributors on Manchester. Once they master that they will hit the NHL level.

Look at Parse. He was pretty much a point per game player at the AHL level and his time came to move up. Cliche, King, Clune, Meckler....these guys are still trying to figure it out down there.
Agreed. The only forward this year I was hoping would get a recall is Nolan, and he's hurt (unless he came back recently and I'm unaware of it). CLiche, while I like him, isn't much different than what we have on the 4th line now, and that's about where Cliche's play would have him sitting.

I'd be ok with a Clune recall as well, if we need to add some grit to the lower lines, but he's a big improvement on that either at the moment and I worry he'd be Moreau 2.0

On D and in net, we are just so deep and healthy, no one will get the recall.

As for the topic of Holloway and Moller, Moller I think, as much I really like the guy and want him to succeed, won't amount to anything here. I could see him thriving on a team like Calgary though, as odd as that sounds. They seem to have a bit more success with smaller foarwards than we do and their system isn't as basic as ours is. Either way, I'd rather see us flip him for whatever little we could get and move on at this point.

Holloway, I hope him and DL bury the hatchet, if there is one, and he comes to camp. I think he'd be a nice add to the 3rd line, as he'd have more scoring touch than Lewis. He may also have the ability to step up to the 2nd line if need be, and it'd be nice to have some offfensive depth on the lower lines.

Old
01-25-2012, 02:18 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Agreed. The only forward this year I was hoping would get a recall is Nolan, and he's hurt (unless he came back recently and I'm unaware of it). CLiche, while I like him, isn't much different than what we have on the 4th line now, and that's about where Cliche's play would have him sitting.

I'd be ok with a Clune recall as well, if we need to add some grit to the lower lines, but he's a big improvement on that either at the moment and I worry he'd be Moreau 2.0

On D and in net, we are just so deep and healthy, no one will get the recall.

As for the topic of Holloway and Moller, Moller I think, as much I really like the guy and want him to succeed, won't amount to anything here. I could see him thriving on a team like Calgary though, as odd as that sounds. They seem to have a bit more success with smaller foarwards than we do and their system isn't as basic as ours is. Either way, I'd rather see us flip him for whatever little we could get and move on at this point.

Holloway, I hope him and DL bury the hatchet, if there is one, and he comes to camp. I think he'd be a nice add to the 3rd line, as he'd have more scoring touch than Lewis. He may also have the ability to step up to the 2nd line if need be, and it'd be nice to have some offfensive depth on the lower lines.
It's going to be hard for Holloway to surpass Lewis in the eyes of the organization if Lewis continues to improve unless Holloway knocks their socks off.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 02:27 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
It's going to be hard for Holloway to surpass Lewis in the eyes of the organization if Lewis continues to improve unless Holloway knocks their socks off.
If it's going to be hard to beat out Lewis, we have a huge problem and Holloway isn't nearly as good of a prospect as people around here clamour to say. Lewis is Craig Johnson with less hands (unless he gets a penalty shot).

Old
01-25-2012, 02:28 PM
Fishhead

I'm down with Holla and Molla.

Like other has said, if Oscar makes it, it will be elsewhere. If you put Oscars heart and tenacity in Penner's body, you'd have one heck of a player. He doesn't have fear, but his size still limits him. He needs to play for a quick team like Edmonton, where he would put up solid numbers.

Bud has to be kicking himself right now, he would have been a callup for sure once Gagne went down. Probably wouldn't have stuck out of camp due to Moreau/Hunter.

Fishhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 02:28 PM
Andrew Knoll
Hockey's Future Staff

Judging from his performance, responsibility and conditioning, I'd agree that Nolan would be the best bet for a call-up and really the only potentially exciting addition.

Nolan is back in the lineup in Manchester, he has played this entire month I believe. He came back after New Year's. He had missed about three weeks. He has had a pair of multi-point games in January.

01-25-2012, 02:30 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post

Like other has said, if Oscar makes it, it will be elsewhere. If you put Oscars heart and tenacity in Penner's body, you'd have one heck of a player. He doesn't have fear, but his size still limits him. He needs to play for a quick team like Edmonton, where he would put up solid numbers.

Bud has to be kicking himself right now, he would have been a callup for sure once Gagne went down. Probably wouldn't have stuck out of camp due to Moreau/Hunter.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think Moller would be waiver eligible if he was here, so going to manchester really wasn't an option if LA didn't want to risk losing him. I think that's partly why LA gave their blessing to him going to the SEL.

Old
01-25-2012, 02:30 PM
lafan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I think you missed the point the organization needs both of them.

Old
01-25-2012, 02:32 PM
johnjm22

Holloway consistently out performed players that got call ups over him, so I completely understand why he signed in the SEL. I realize Dean wanted him to stay in North America, but I think going to Sweden is actually good for his development.

I'll be disappointed if Holloway isn't in camp next year. I think he has a legitimate shot to be a 2nd/3rd line forward in the NHL.

Dean can be a little bit hot-headed, so I hope that doesn't effect the way he handles this situation. The betterment of the organization is the most important thing; emotions shouldn't influence decision making.

As for Moller, I don't think he'll ever be a successful NHL player. He should be moved if possible IMO.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 02:40 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 102
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I really wish Moller had another shot with us with this lineup on our top 6 under this coach.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 02:43 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I really wish Moller had another shot with us with this lineup on our top 6 under this coach.
If we make the playoffs, I'll bet he does have that shot next year (minus us having Penner and Stoll and maybe Gagne).

Old
01-25-2012, 03:11 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I bet Moller has more of a chance at making the team in the future compared to Holloway. Lombardi was fine with Moller going to Sweden, but not so much with Holloway.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 03:48 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think Moller would be waiver eligible if he was here, so going to manchester really wasn't an option if LA didn't want to risk losing him. I think that's partly why LA gave their blessing to him going to the SEL.
Nothing really to add other than this is correct^ Moller would have had to pass through waivers to be sent to Manchester.

tigermask48 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 04:00 PM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

FYI for everyone: Holloway will be due to become a group VI free agent in 2013 unless he plays 80+ games next season (regular season and playoff).

Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 04:09 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post

I don't think they would have been signed if Holloway was in camp, especially Hunter.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 04:12 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
I don't think they would have been signed if Holloway was in camp, especially Hunter.
Yep, the way DL reacted to Holloway leaving made it seem like he had him penciled into the NHL lineup already.

tigermask48 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 04:27 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
Yep, the way DL reacted to Holloway leaving made it seem like he had him penciled into the NHL lineup already.
I think he did. Holloway likely wanted it in ink (a one-way deal) and DL refused. Be interesting to see if anything changes this off-season.

When does the SEL season end? Any chance we can get him back here for the playoffs like what Chicago did with Kruger, or would Holloway have to clear waivers due to his age?

Old
01-25-2012, 04:47 PM
lafan

Quote:
I think he did. Holloway likely wanted it in ink (a one-way deal) and DL refused. Be interesting to see if anything changes this off-season.

When does the SEL season end? Any chance we can get him back here for the playoffs like what Chicago did with Kruger, or would Holloway have to clear waivers due to his age?
Season ends Mar 6 i think then three rounds of playoffs depending on how far you go as for the waivers i dont no not up on that kind of stuff hes a 23yr old