HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Best section in the 400's

Old
01-24-2012, 03:01 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy1814 View Post
Unless you sit in the back rows of sections 412 - 415 where you can't see the scoreboard or stand up because of the West Balcony. Those are brutal.

Anyone a STH in those sections/rows? I heard the Garden (after people complained) gave them a sweet deal. I heard they could keep those seats at 50% discount OR take seats in 100's for normal cost of 400's for this season only.

Any truth to that?
One person I talked to said they have seats in the last row of 414 I believe it is and they were offered their seats at 20 bucks a game. Didn't say anything about being offered seats in the 100's though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calad View Post
I'd like to echo that. The people in 404 are obnoxious, avoid this section at all costs.
I know exactly who you're talking about and it's been a lot quieter this year. I haven't noticed any of the obnoxiousness that I've seen in the past in the games I've gone to this year.

01-24-2012, 03:01 PM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traderalways View Post
422 is a nice view... But it's not center ice....
It basically is, lets not be ridiculously technical.

nevesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 03:43 PM
Traderalways

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
It basically is, lets not be ridiculously technical.
Technical?? 424 is center ice.... 422 is 2 sections over from center ice..

Traderalways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 03:48 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Technical?? 424 is center ice.... 422 is 2 sections over from center ice..
423 is actually dead center. 422 and 424 are on the blue lines.

NYRFAN218 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 03:53 PM
Traderalways

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
423 is actually dead center. 422 and 424 are on the blue lines.
Lol.. I will check again tonight... I still think 424 is dead center ice on the aisle

Old
01-24-2012, 03:55 PM
broadwayblue

Personally dead center is overrated. I'd rather have a better view of the action more times than not, than have a decent view of the action all the time. But it's obviously subjective.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 04:03 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Lol.. I will check again tonight... I still think 424 is dead center ice on the aisle
Just checked before on the seating chart. MSG from the clubs through the 300's had the aisles run dead center until the middle 400's section would be dead on with the red line. According to the map, it should be 423.

Old
01-24-2012, 05:35 PM
Traderalways

Quote:
Just checked before on the seating chart. MSG from the clubs through the 300's had the aisles run dead center until the middle 400's section would be dead on with the red line. According to the map, it should be 423.
Yes I do have a lot of time on my hands.. Lol.. Dead center ice is 423.. 3 seats in closer to section 424.... When im wrong I say I'm wrong!!

Old
01-24-2012, 10:37 PM
ThisYearsModel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
Yep, right next door; section 411 rules!!
Sat in 411, row A tonight. It was terrific. Great group of fans.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 11:22 PM
MatthewNYR

Can you elaborate on what type of "loudmouths" they were and what they did? I'm extremely loud in my section in the 300s and take offense to people that look like their pissed at me when I'm loud the whole game. I don't go to games to be quiet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanErixon20 View Post
I had tickets in 404 for a few years. Lots of loudmouths there. I miss my seats but I don't miss them.

MatthewNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 11:58 PM
Calad
Section 422

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewNYR View Post
Can you elaborate on what type of "loudmouths" they were and what they did? I'm extremely loud in my section in the 300s and take offense to people that look like their pissed at me when I'm loud the whole game. I don't go to games to be quiet.
Loud to the point of being obnoxious. Not because they are excited over the game and having fun, but rather to make a spectacle of themselves and/or someone else. Rude remarks, generally inconsiderate, etc... you get the idea.

Calad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 12:01 AM
McIlrathsWrath

I only purchase 400 section tickets and I am consistently the loudest fan there. I was at the ranger-islander game on 12-22 and Boone in the section would join a let-go-rangers chant. I hate fans that just sit there and twirl their thumbs

McIlrathsWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 12:15 AM
McIlrathsWrath

Quote:
I am going to try my hardest to sit in this section lol. I might be one of the obnoxious types. Although I don't normally chant anything other than our let's-go-rangers chant...

Old
01-25-2012, 01:12 AM
Draft Guru

415 row A may be my favorite spot in the entire arena. I love watching the game the way the players see it - straightforward, rather than watching it from the normal broadcast view such as center ice. You see all the lanes and the plays develop as they're happening. If you've played hockey, you understand the difference.

Draft Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 11:51 AM
JanErixon20

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calad View Post
Loud to the point of being obnoxious. Not because they are excited over the game and having fun, but rather to make a spectacle of themselves and/or someone else. Rude remarks, generally inconsiderate, etc... you get the idea.
Basically what Calad said. I don't care if you are into the game, but there was one guy who thought he was like the mayor of the section. If a fan of the other team showed up he'd start the "*******" chant. He also sang a stupid "doo-daa" song. He probably has no life outside of the Ranger games and this was his outlet. He eventually lost his tickets I believe because he stopped showing up the last year I had them (2 years ago). Games were more enjoyable. But every time I gave my tix to a friend they'd be like, "wtf is up with the guy to your left?"

JanErixon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 12:09 PM
MatthewNYR

Please do so. I sit in 341, full of people who are probably at their first hockey game, and come in with FAO Schwartz bags. I got a couple of nasty looks from people who were probably at their first game for starting a loud Let's go Rangers! chant. Frustrating

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEANbrAVERY View Post
I am going to try my hardest to sit in this section lol. I might be one of the obnoxious types. Although I don't normally chant anything other than our let's-go-rangers chant...

MatthewNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 12:43 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Basically what Calad said. I don't care if you are into the game, but there was one guy who thought he was like the mayor of the section. If a fan of the other team showed up he'd start the "*******" chant. He also sang a stupid "doo-daa" song. He probably has no life outside of the Ranger games and this was his outlet. He eventually lost his tickets I believe because he stopped showing up the last year I had them (2 years ago). Games were more enjoyable. But every time I gave my tix to a friend they'd be like, "wtf is up with the guy to your left?"
Yeah, I've seen the same people in that section and it seems like they've calmed it down. Not familiar with every face from that area but all of the ones I recognize are still there.

Old
01-25-2012, 12:44 PM
skroob**

Quote:
the seating chart is not 100% accurate. Its schematic. They have to do it that because some sections are 'stacked' and would not all be visible in a true plan view.

skroob** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 12:46 PM
skroob**

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEANbrAVERY View Post
I only purchase 400 section tickets and I am consistently the loudest fan there. I was at the ranger-islander game on 12-22 and Boone in the section would join a let-go-rangers chant. I hate fans that just sit there and twirl their thumbs
I would consider myself a 'quiet fan', but its not for a lack of interest. In fact, its the opposite. I am usually so stressed watching the game and too busy tracking the plays that i just sit there on the edge of my seat staring intently at the ice, sometimes forgetting to breathe.

skroob** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 12:47 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by skroob View Post
the seating chart is not 100% accurate. Its schematic. They have to do it that because some sections are 'stacked' and would not all be visible in a true plan view.
Yeah I know it isn't a 100% with the dead giveaway being some of the gaps in the 400's but 423 is definitely the center ice section in the 400's.

Old
01-25-2012, 12:48 PM
Crease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
415 row A may be my favorite spot in the entire arena. I love watching the game the way the players see it - straightforward, rather than watching it from the normal broadcast view such as center ice. You see all the lanes and the plays develop as they're happening. If you've played hockey, you understand the difference.
Sat 415 Row B against the Penguins. Like those seats a lot, for the reasons you mentioned. Anyone behind us can't see the puck under the goal line though.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 01:39 PM
dmb516

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
Sat 415 Row B against the Penguins. Like those seats a lot, for the reasons you mentioned. Anyone behind us can't see the puck under the goal line though.
I was in 415 Row F last night. I loved the view of the ice. You get a much better feel for where the shooting/passing lanes are from that angle. You are correct though, was only able to see play below the goal line by standing up.

Has anyone sat in the west balcony barstools? They seem like a decent place to catch a game from.

dmb516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 01:00 AM
NYRThePuck

Season's tickets from 1990 through 1996. Section 408, Row E, Seat 5. During the 94 season, 407 and 408 were beyond nuts. I blew up many balloons on that faithful night June 14th, 1994

NYRThePuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 07:42 AM
JanErixon20

Quote:
Yeah, I've seen the same people in that section and it seems like they've calmed it down. Not familiar with every face from that area but all of the ones I recognize are still there.
It was a good section, for the most part. I loved my seats, just had to give them up. Once you have a baby and buy a house, it gets harder to go to games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skroob View Post
I would consider myself a 'quiet fan', but its not for a lack of interest. In fact, its the opposite. I am usually so stressed watching the game and too busy tracking the plays that i just sit there on the edge of my seat staring intently at the ice, sometimes forgetting to breathe.
Yeah, I don't buy this "you have to yell and scream" to be a good fan. You watch the game the way you want, and I'll watch it the way I want. Doesn't make you a better fan because you yell and scream all game.

JanErixon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 08:13 AM
McIlrathsWrath

Quote:
It was a good section, for the most part. I loved my seats, just had to give them up. Once you have a baby and buy a house, it gets harder to go to games.

Yeah, I don't buy this "you have to yell and scream" to be a good fan. You watch the game the way you want, and I'll watch it the way I want. Doesn't make you a better fan because you yell and scream all game.
I agree you should watch the game the way you enjoy it but I think it helps the players when the crowd is more fired up. They feed off of it dont you think?

I should reword what I said earlier. I don't hate quiet fans I hate quiet fans that get pissed off that I'm cheering for my team.