HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Hagelin finding his own way (Named to ASG rookie group -- All Hagelin Discussion)

Old
01-25-2012, 11:31 AM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 50
What wonderful news, congrats to Hagelin. Completely deserves it. I hope he doesn't change his number because I may buy a jersey of his soon.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 11:32 AM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Hagelin will be a beast along the boards once he gets stronger and bulks up a bit.
You're right. For someone who really isn't that big he's pretty good along the boards. If only EA knew that though.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 11:39 AM
Hensch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
You're right. For someone who really isn't that big he's pretty good along the boards. If only EA knew that though.
LOL, EA screwed Hags, i have to adjust his speed to make it somewhat realistic...

anybody know how to create a accurate Chris Kreider, i'm all ears

Hensch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 11:41 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Hagelin plays hard and is strong on the puck, right now the larger defensemen are just using their size to crunch him along the boards and usually take him down to the ice... I think after working out with the Rangers and their training staff moving forward, he will get stronger and adapt a bit to make him a more effective player....

JT Miller is another prospect in the pipeline who is really strong along the boards.... Kreider too.... Both of those guys are larger than Hagelin so I don't expect their size to be as much of an issue.... But I anticipate the Rangers are going to be making life very difficult for opposing teams in the coming years, with the way they plan in the offensive zone... We are already giving teams problems and we've got guys coming along who will continue to add to that element of the game...

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 12:20 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Good for Calle. Glad to see him getting the recognition.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 12:29 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Gaborik doing the speed skating drill just scares me. Like I would almost assume he would somehow get injured.

ColonialsHockey10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 12:34 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Hags is replacing Henrique.

https://twitter.com/#!/davegisaac/st...41458731094016

Quote:
@davegisaac
Dave Isaac
Montreal Canadiens defenseman Raphael Diaz and New York Rangers forward Carl Hagelin replace NJD Adam Larsson and Adam Henrique.

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 12:43 PM
UDnyr92

So happy to see Hags getting this chance. He has been so valuable to this team ever since he came up, almost like there's no way this team could ever be completely sluggish, since he comes out shift after shift with one of the highest compete levels, hustle, and energy that I've seen. Just add those with his skill, whether he only shows his speed in some shifts or his puck possession in another, but it makes him so important to a line up.

Here's to Hags never dropping back down to the AHL again!

UDnyr92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 01:02 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

great for Hags..

Well deserved...

Now all we "need" is a Hagelin jersey..

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 01:18 PM
Tumsh

The thing I notices with Hagelin is his consistency from game to game. Sure, some games the shots go in, some game they don't. But that's not really what I mean.

Each and every game, it's full speed and full hustle. You look at the lineup, and there are at least 6 players who are (or can be) better than Hagelin. That's Gaborik, Richards, Stepan, Anisimov, Cally, and Dubi. But the thing is, most of these (as we've already seen with Dubi and Anisimov) sometimes get into slumps, and play poorly. It's good to know that when that happens, you can always shove Hagelin in there and just keep going.

It's like Anisimov at the top of his game is a 7, Dubi at the top of his is an 8, but when they're slumping a bit, they're both around 4. On the other hand, Hags is a constant 6 or something.

Tumsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 01:22 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

would love to see Hagelin VS Gabby.

I bet Hagelin would win. Not because he's faster, but because he can go faster longer than Gabby can. I bet Gabby would win the first 1/4, and then Hagelin would pull away.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 01:45 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Actually I disagree SM. I think he has a pretty good shot. I think his problem is he doesn't shoot enough and is indecisive at times when it comes to taking a shot or passing the puck.
Excellent analysis, I was saying the same thing the other night. He can shoot pucks through goalies (has a great wrist and snap shot) but just doesn't utilize it enough. Those are smarts that come with time, part confidence too, which he'll also develop.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 02:07 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post

I bet Hagelin would win. Not because he's faster, but because he can go faster longer than Gabby can. I bet Gabby would win the first 1/4, and then Hagelin would pull away.
Going behind the nets Hagelin would have an advantage, but straight away Gaborik would blow him away IMO. I think turning around the nets both are faster then Kreider as well, but he might be faster straight away.

ColonialsHockey10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 02:13 PM
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post

This. This is exactly what I wanted. Have Hags make it so he can race Gabby. I could see either guy winning.

The Dark Passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 02:48 PM
Poozer

Over/under on Gartner's 13.386?

Poozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 02:49 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poozer View Post
Over/under on Gartner's 13.386?
Is that the record?

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 02:55 PM
Muh
Beadle

So happy to see Hagelin make the ASG festivities. Hoping and expecting to see him in the fastest skate competition.

I said it about last month. Many of you expected him to make this team this year, and I just didn't see it. Thought he would definetly need a year in the AHL. But god, I am so happy to be wrong. This kid fits on this team, and many nights is one of our top players.

Keep it up Hagelin.

Muh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 03:15 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Congrats to Hagelin, well deserved!

Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 03:20 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Why aren't Larsson and Henrique going? They both got injured?

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 03:23 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Why aren't Larsson and Henrique going? They both got injured?
Larsson has a wrist injury and Henrique suffered a groin injury last night.

01-25-2012, 03:34 PM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

vCash: 116
Great to hear he is going to the ASG. This guy is going to be very good for us for a long time

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 03:43 PM
Poozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Is that the record?
Yeah its the record, when he was.. 35 I think? Crazy.

Poozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 03:46 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Goes to show you you dont have to be that big. case in point Wolski has 4 inches and prob 40 pounds but is not nearly as effective. Hagelin might be faster but he gets it, and has the determination to make a play in those areas and does not shy away from contact like so many players do. I dont think he really need to add too much weight, if he does more so in the legs so he can be even faster lol. just a great suprise to see this kid this year. It should be fun to watch him fly in the rookie game.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 03:52 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumsh View Post
The thing I notices with Hagelin is his consistency from game to game. Sure, some games the shots go in, some game they don't. But that's not really what I mean.

Each and every game, it's full speed and full hustle. You look at the lineup, and there are at least 6 players who are (or can be) better than Hagelin. That's Gaborik, Richards, Stepan, Anisimov, Cally, and Dubi. But the thing is, most of these (as we've already seen with Dubi and Anisimov) sometimes get into slumps, and play poorly. It's good to know that when that happens, you can always shove Hagelin in there and just keep going.

It's like Anisimov at the top of his game is a 7, Dubi at the top of his is an 8, but when they're slumping a bit, they're both around 4. On the other hand, Hags is a constant 6 or something.
6 out of what that is a bit low. And i dont agree with AA he gets put on any line and works hard and plays his game. Sure he produces a little more once in awhile but i like his game. He does what the coach asks, and still can improve because he has that big body to get used to. I really hope they dont move any three of these guys in Dubi, AA, and Hagy. All are great core guys to have with Cally, Lundy and our D core that is just so deep. Trade Wolski if we can before it gets to late. He just doesent do it for me and evidently Torts.

Old
01-25-2012, 03:55 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Hagelin plays hard and is strong on the puck, right now the larger defensemen are just using their size to crunch him along the boards and usually take him down to the ice... I think after working out with the Rangers and their training staff moving forward, he will get stronger and adapt a bit to make him a more effective player....

JT Miller is another prospect in the pipeline who is really strong along the boards.... Kreider too.... Both of those guys are larger than Hagelin so I don't expect their size to be as much of an issue.... But I anticipate the Rangers are going to be making life very difficult for opposing teams in the coming years, with the way they plan in the offensive zone... We are already giving teams problems and we've got guys coming along who will continue to add to that element of the game...
I like to hear guys with good boards play because playing in the MSG that is how the game has to be one, with the not so great ice playing in the corners and using body work to create chances is much better than trying to play any different way. Its nice to see that the current team is starting to do it more lately with guys like Hagy and Mitchel who are able to control the puck so well in those tight areas.