HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Boucher on Hot Seat in Tampa Bay

Old
01-25-2012, 07:40 AM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post
He has terrible goaltending, is missing Ohlund and has to use MAB as his #4. I can see why he uses the system he does.
Because he has always used it...

SergeConstantin74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 07:51 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

I find it funny, it's ok to throw PG under the bus even though Gainey left him with no cap room(summer of 2010) and a pile of big contracts to older players, same with Jm despite coaching 75% of his games minus his best player and defender for playing a defensive style...but Yzerman and Boucher are wonder boys but they have nothing to work with despite hvaing 3 all-star forwards...brilliant!

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 08:02 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I find it funny, it's ok to throw PG under the bus even though Gainey left him with no cap room(summer of 2010) and a pile of big contracts to older players, same with Jm despite coaching 75% of his games minus his best player and defender for playing a defensive style...but Yzerman and Boucher are wonder boys but they have nothing to work with despite hvaing 3 all-star forwards...brilliant!
Again I'm sure Gauthier was behind some of those signings as well, not all but I'm sure he was

How did he not have money, signing Markov(no one elses fault but his), Cole, Gill, Campoli and a few others. Nice try. If he wanted to make cap room he wouldn't have traded for Kaberle going forward and he could have used 4 million this summer. So stop contradicting yourself

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 08:05 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Again I'm sure Gauthier was behind some of those signings as well, not all but I'm sure he was

How did he not have money, signing Markov(no one elses fault but his), Cole, Gill, Campoli and a few others. Nice try. If he wanted to make cap room he wouldn't have traded for Kaberle going forward and he could have used 4 million this summer. So stop contradicting yourself
Why would an assistant GM be behind those signings?

Where am I contradicting myself? You need to learn how to read. He took over in Feb 2010 and had no cap room that summer.

Old
01-25-2012, 08:06 AM
blueinmtl

Those 3 forwards are nice players.

Seen their D and goaltending? Arguably the worst in the league.

Boucher is playing that dull system because it is the only way he can salvage points out of that mess. I recall an interview with him when he was with Hamilton saying he wasn't married to any one system, but preferred to look at the individual and collective strengths of his players and mould the system around their talents.

If that is so, tells you what he thinks of his team's ability to play D.

blueinmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 08:09 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueinmtl View Post
Those 3 forwards are nice players.

Seen their D and goaltending? Arguably the worst in the league.

Boucher is playing that dull system because it is the only way he can salvage points out of that mess. I recall an interview with him when he was with Hamilton saying he wasn't married to any one system, but preferred to look at the individual and collective strengths of his players and mould the system around their talents.

If that is so, tells you what he thinks of his team's ability to play D.
Then blame wonder boy Yzerman for signing crap goalies and defensemen. He's had 2 years to fix the problem.

Old
01-25-2012, 08:10 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Why would an assistant GM be behind those signings?

Where am I contradicting myself? You need to learn how to read. He took over in Feb 2010 and had no cap room that summer.
He was the pro scout for Gainey that means he refers him players. Do you really think Gainey signed all those players without any advice from Gauthier? Really you really think that? Then why the hell would Gainey even keep the guy at that point

For someone that doesn't have cap room and money maybe he should think twice about giving 6 year contracts for 5 million a year(Plekanec)

Old
01-25-2012, 08:13 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Then blame wonder boy Yzerman for signing crap goalies and defensemen. He's had 2 years to fix the problem.
He is definitely to blame for not having a better goalie. However Rolosson did earn himself a 1 year contract after that great performance last year in the playoffs. I'm pretty sure Yzerman will find a good young goalie for them in the summer

I don't think Boucher get's fired.

Old
01-25-2012, 08:14 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
I don't want Boucher. He's not that good and his system is boring as ****.
I second that! It's like having Jacques Martin again, but who's better with communication. The Habs are in a good direction by getting guys like Blunden, Emelin and Bourque in the line-up, please don't screw it up by bringing Boucher in. Patrick Roy is THE coach to get.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 08:18 AM
Joe Cole

I don't know the guy, his system, nor have I seen his teams play more then 5-10 times.

The truth of the matter is that his Tampa is short handed and he is not getting results.

When he had a roster last year, he did pretty good. As well, he did fine in the AHL and the Q.

It would be nice for one of these French speaking coaches that the Habs have given a chance to would come back to the Habs before they are old and burnt out.

I would give him a shot. That said, I would cast a wide net out there and see ALL the potential head coaches before I narrow my choice to just the guys I know.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 08:31 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post

Not true. At all. In fact its the furthest thing from the truth.
Usually where there is smoke there is fire(d)

Take it from us we are pros at this...

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 08:33 AM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
I don't want Boucher. He's not that good and his system is boring as ****.
DON'T COME HERE, GUY!!!!!! FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR FAMILY!!!!!!

The media will torture you and your family!

Death by a thousand cuts.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 09:08 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
This guy would make a great replacement for Cunneyworth
Why is that again? At least give something arguments as to why he would.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 02:16 PM
Pleky Roks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post
DON'T COME HERE, GUY!!!!!! FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR FAMILY!!!!!!

The media will torture you and your family!

Death by a thousand cuts.

Oh don't worry.....with the way the french media freaks out about every decision....more and more coaches, GM's and players are avoiding Montreal at all costs. The media thinks they are doing a great thing with their bullcrap stories and language contraversy's and all that....but they are just making it harder and harder for any GM to attract players or coaches to come to Montreal.

When they realize that they have a hand in ruining the reputation of Montreal....maybe then they will stop writing garbage and fulling their newspapers with it!!!

Pleky Roks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 02:54 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleky Roks View Post
Oh don't worry.....with the way the french media freaks out about every decision....more and more coaches, GM's and players are avoiding Montreal at all costs. The media thinks they are doing a great thing with their bullcrap stories and language contraversy's and all that....but they are just making it harder and harder for any GM to attract players or coaches to come to Montreal.

When they realize that they have a hand in ruining the reputation of Montreal....maybe then they will stop writing garbage and fulling their newspapers with it!!!
What this team needs is to Molson to get pissed and tell the media to **** off and and stop being politically correct. Who the **** cares if he pisses some people off? Pretty sure there's enough people on the waiting list to fill the Bell Center at full capacity even if 10000 persons decided to stop buying the tickets.

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 03:03 PM
Jamie Thomas

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not The One View Post
Stanley cup winning coaches from the last 20 years who are currently available:

Randy Carlyle
Bob Hartley
Marc Crawford

Not bad, two of the three speak french.

Oh right, I forgot that speaking french was not allowed. Randy Carlyle it is, then.
Of those 3, Carlyle would easily be my 1st choice. In fact he would be my 1st choice overall. Too bad that this management will be stupid enough to limit themselves in their coaching and GM search.

And yes I would take Boucher if he was available, which he won't.

Jamie Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 04:24 PM
SouthernHab

Fire Gauthier.

Hire Loiselle as GM.

Hire Boucher.

Boucher + Price = Stanley Cup.

Of course, Loiselle would have to bring in some tougher and more physical players. Boucher was not afraid to have players on his team that were willing to drop the gloves and fight to protect the goal scorers on his Bulldogs team.

Hamilton/Boucher had ........
Ryan White 173 PIM
Andrew Conboy 73 PIM
Alex Henry 154 PIM
Greg Stewart 90 PIM
Eric Neilson 94 PIM

They were not an easy team to play against.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 05:28 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
so the narrative now is that when gauthier does something, "that's got gainey written aaaaaaaall over it". but when gainey did something, it was on gauthier recommendation alone?

im lost here....

MasterDecoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 05:33 PM
MrMcGz

fireguyboucher.com

Enjoy!

MrMcGz is offline   Reply With Quote