HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Bobrovsky

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-25-2012, 02:32 PM
  #101
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!
 
hckyplayer8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicken Capital,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,859
vCash: 500
BOB was a rookie last year. Rookies get their weakness exploited by the leagues best.
Big deal.

This kid needs to stay on this team. If that means Synder buying Bryz out with his own pocket change, then it means just that.

hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 02:36 PM
  #102
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9
 
RJ8812's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,598
vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
BOB was a rookie last year. Rookies get their weakness exploited by the leagues best.
Big deal.

This kid needs to stay on this team. If that means Synder buying Bryz out with his own pocket change, then it means just that.
buying him out after the 1st year of a 9 year contract would be an even worse decision than signing him to this 9 year contract

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 02:39 PM
  #103
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 37,241
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
buying him out after the 1st year of a 9 year contract would be an even worse decision than signing him to this 9 year contract
Pretty much.

Ilya Bryzgalov buyout from CapGeek.com
2013-14: -$690,476
2014-15: $1,309,524
2015-16: $1,309,524
2016-17: $1,809,524
2017-18: $1,809,524
2018-19: $5,059,524
2019-20: $6,059,524
2020-21: $1,642,857
2021-22: $1,642,857
2022-23: $1,642,857
2023-24: $1,642,857
2024-25: $1,642,857
2025-26: $1,642,857
2026-27: $1,642,857

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 02:46 PM
  #104
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Pretty much.

Ilya Bryzgalov buyout from CapGeek.com
2013-14: -$690,476
2014-15: $1,309,524
2015-16: $1,309,524
2016-17: $1,809,524
2017-18: $1,809,524
2018-19: $5,059,524
2019-20: $6,059,524
2020-21: $1,642,857
2021-22: $1,642,857
2022-23: $1,642,857
2023-24: $1,642,857
2024-25: $1,642,857
2025-26: $1,642,857
2026-27: $1,642,857
Such a long time

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 02:51 PM
  #105
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 37,241
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Such a long time
By the time it ends there will be an expansion franchise on the moon.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 02:54 PM
  #106
Flyerfan4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond BC, Canada
Country: England
Posts: 12,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
By the time it ends there will be an expansion franchise on the moon.
LOL..

nice one..

by then Bryz' universe comment might be more accurate.. hahah

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 02:54 PM
  #107
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
buying him out after the 1st year of a 9 year contract ......
you have to understand that's coming from a guy who's next avatar will no doubt be:


Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 02:56 PM
  #108
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
By the time it ends there will be an expansion franchise on the moon.
Travel will be a *****. Maybe the Moonbase will take Breezy in the expansion draft. He would fit perfectly for their goals.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 02:58 PM
  #109
Amateur Hour
Registered User
 
Amateur Hour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Negadelphia
Posts: 6,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Pretty much.

Ilya Bryzgalov buyout from CapGeek.com
2013-14: -$690,476
2014-15: $1,309,524
2015-16: $1,309,524
2016-17: $1,809,524
2017-18: $1,809,524
2018-19: $5,059,524
2019-20: $6,059,524
2020-21: $1,642,857
2021-22: $1,642,857
2022-23: $1,642,857
2023-24: $1,642,857
2024-25: $1,642,857
2025-26: $1,642,857
2026-27: $1,642,857
Sigh. We are so screwed.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 03:18 PM
  #110
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!
 
hckyplayer8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicken Capital,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
you have to understand that's coming from a guy who's next avatar will no doubt be:

Better than you being on your knees praising a guy who has done nothing the past year.



hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 03:39 PM
  #111
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
Better than you being on your knees praising a guy who has done nothing the past year.
wrong again. i criticize both goalies when deserved. i praise both goalies when deserved.

i don't care who gets paid more.
i don't care who is the #1
i don't have any bias either way

the only one "on their knees" as you say .. is you ...

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 05:53 PM
  #112
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!
 
hckyplayer8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicken Capital,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
wrong again. i criticize both goalies when deserved. i praise both goalies when deserved.

i don't care who gets paid more.
i don't care who is the #1
i don't have any bias either way

the only one "on their knees" as you say .. is you ...
Of course I'm gonna root for the G that is playing obviously better.

Why waste time and effort making excuses for the current overpaid AHL'er we have like you do?

hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 06:21 PM
  #113
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
Of course I'm gonna root for the G that is playing obviously better.
at least you admit that you have a rooting interest + your avatar + the contacts = you are not objectively judging their ON ICE performances

at least we know why you are biased.

on the other hand, i have no rooting interest in either guy being the #1.
i'm just judging on ice performances.

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 06:26 PM
  #114
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!
 
hckyplayer8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicken Capital,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,859
vCash: 500
YOUR opinions on their on ice performance mean jack ****. Its the numbers and results that count.

BOB's #'s are easily better than Bryz's #'s therefore he should be getting more starts.


Last edited by Beef Invictus: 01-25-2012 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Don't mind me, just tidying up
hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 06:46 PM
  #115
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,189
vCash: 500
ummm, this is a DISCUSSION FORUM

people come here to give their opinions on the player's performances, in case you weren't aware

NOTHING here is gonna affect who the Flyers start in net, not even your avatar.

we're here to talk about it. the Flyers are gonna start who THEY want to start.


Last edited by Bernie Parent 1974: 01-25-2012 at 06:51 PM.
Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 07:11 PM
  #116
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!
 
hckyplayer8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicken Capital,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
ummm, this is a DISCUSSION FORUM

people come here to give their opinions on the player's performances, in case you weren't aware

NOTHING here is gonna affect who the Flyers start in net, not even your avatar.
Awe. You no have facts?

No wonder your posts are such a joke.

The majority of people come on here and posts facts or stats and despite whatever universe or past you live in, they all say BOB > Bryz this season.

You can't argue that. If you do post facts or stats.

But you have non.

So instead you act like a buffoon and clog up the threads with your "Anti Bryz" brigade.

Just **** and post an actual convincing argument for once.

hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 07:15 PM
  #117
Flyerfan4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond BC, Canada
Country: England
Posts: 12,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post

i don't care who gets paid more.

really ???

so you think its fine that Bryz is getting paid what he is and doing what he is in terms of results ???

if Bryz and Bob were making similar/same $$$ i would still want Bob over Bryz on any given nite.

but when you factor in how much cap $$$ we have invested in Bryz right now that could have gone elsewere (much better Dmen) then it should be a huge red flag..

im stunned you really dont care how much $$$ is spent on a position that is clearly not working out.

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 09:38 PM
  #118
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
You no have facts?

No wonder your posts are such a joke.

The majority of people come on here and posts facts or stats

So instead you act like a buffoon and clog up the threads with your "Anti Bryz" brigade.

post an actual convincing argument for once.
what facts do i need to evaluate each game's performance by each goalie ??

unlike you, i'm not on some crusade to prove who should be the #1 goalie for the Flyers. i don't care.

since you want to go this route:
your avatar is a joke. you act like a blind Bob Lover with that moronic avatar

you STILL don't get it: i'm NOT trying to win some idiotic internet argument.
obviously you are. so, who's the buffoon?

who is Vancouver's #1 goalie ?


Last edited by Bernie Parent 1974: 01-25-2012 at 10:10 PM.
Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 09:41 PM
  #119
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
really ???
yea, really.


i don't give a rat's butt who makes what. i want the forwards to score, defenders to defend & goalies to stop the puck.

period.

and in the Bryz thread & this one, i evaluate their performances ... without an agenda.


Last edited by Bernie Parent 1974: 01-25-2012 at 10:11 PM.
Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 10:37 PM
  #120
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 37,241
vCash: 156
Cap hit compared to performance is a pretty important factor to consider when evaluating a player, their performance, and impact on the team.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 10:37 PM
  #121
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!
 
hckyplayer8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicken Capital,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
what facts do i need to evaluate each game's performance by each goalie ??

unlike you, i'm not on some crusade to prove who should be the #1 goalie for the Flyers. i don't care.

since you want to go this route:
your avatar is a joke. you act like a blind Bob Lover with that moronic avatar

you STILL don't get it: i'm NOT trying to win some idiotic internet argument.
obviously you are. so, who's the buffoon?

who is Vancouver's #1 goalie ?
Then WTF is your point?

What is your point calling everybody Anti Bryz? What is your point trying to prove I may have a BOB bias (which I don't)

Hopefully you have a point to all your moronic posts. If its to troll, then say it. If it you think your doing some great justice to this board by being some "Pro Bryz" counterweight, then say that.

Don't give us more BS about evaluating on ice performance and blah bah blah

YOU'RE the one that targeted my avatar from day one.
YOU'RE the one that started labeling everybody that disagreed with you as "AntiBryz"

And FYI, when you have a discussion your going to have people that disagree with you. If said people have any common sense they are going to say " I disagree with your opinion and here is why." They will then proceed to give you facts.

You then have the option of countering with your own facts or just dropping it.

Didn't really think I would have to explain this to you.

The fact all you got is

"Waaaaa. He making fun my man. Waaaaaaa." and proceeding to be some closet Bryz fan in likely the worst season of his career says a whole a lot.

So you got three options

1.Stop trying to use my avatar to prove whatever point your trying to make.
2.Prove whatever point your trying to make with factual statements. In which I will do you the common courtesy and reply to you with a factual/statistical statement and we can actually have a decent conversation out of this huge pile of poo.
3.Dropping whatever point your trying to make.

Cause if all you proceed to do is piss and moan about avatars, I am going to drop my end (the decent end) of this conversation and troll the living hell out of each and every post I see from you.

hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 11:15 PM
  #122
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Cap hit compared to performance is a pretty important factor to consider when evaluating a player, their performance, and impact on the team.
says who ? mr. Fantasy Hockey GM ?

i don't care.

i want the Flyers to win the CUP & i like evaluating goalie performances.

period.

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 11:29 PM
  #123
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 37,241
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
says who ? mr. Fantasy Hockey GM ?

i don't care.

i want the Flyers to win the CUP & i like evaluating goalie performances.

period.
Says pretty much anybody, really. It's not like I'm some fringe lunatic who decided this out of nowhere. This is the cap era. Performance relative to cap hit is really, really, important. Teams that have a lot of cap space tied up in dead weight will have issues, that's just a fact of life...one that has been proven.

If cap hit relative to performance didn't matter, then Huet would still be in the NHL. So would Redden.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 11:37 PM
  #124
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
Then WTF is your point?
again, i'm not here to 'make a point' - are you learning impaired ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
What is your point calling everybody Anti Bryz? What is your point trying to prove I may have a BOB bias (which I don't)
not everybody: just the self admitted biased people, like you

Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
YOU'RE the one that targeted my avatar from day one.
YOU'RE the one that started labeling everybody that disagreed with you as "AntiBryz"
your avatar shows you are biased. it is a target. it's a give-away that YOU are anti-Bryz .. don't say 'everybody' .... only the biased ones get labelled anti this or pro that.

the people that disagree with my evaluations of the goalie performances are entitled to their views, just like you. those who constantly rip one of the goalies and have idiotic 'this goalie is a BUM' avatars and show they are not being objective on those evaluations get called out as being biased. like you. too bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
And FYI, when you have a discussion your going to have people that disagree with you. If said people have any common sense they are going to say " I disagree with your opinion and here is why." They will then proceed to give you facts.
if i disagree with your assessments on the performances, i'll tell you. i say your evaluation of Bryz is biased, just the fact that you call him a bum is evidence enough. sorry, but that's what happens.


Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
The fact all you got is

"Waaaaa. He making fun my man. Waaaaaaa." and proceeding to be some closet Bryz fan in likely the worst season of his career says a whole a lot.
he's not my man, i like both goalies equally and judge them equally. that's your problem, you think everybody has to take sides. no, we don't. i'm a fan of both goalies equally

Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
So you got three options

Cause if all you proceed to do is piss and moan about avatars, I am going to drop my end (the decent end) of this conversation and troll the living hell out of each and every post I see from you.
listen here, Clint Eastwood, you do NOT give me 'options' .... you like flashing the cute BUM avatar, and show your bias in your posts, then get used to people noticing ... i'm not pissing and moaning about your avatar, i'm laughing at it, and the way it shows how biased you are, preventing you from being taken seriously when you give your opinions on the Flyers goalies.

go ahead, make my day .. troll away ... then get banned, i don't care

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 11:38 PM
  #125
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
If cap hit relative to performance didn't matter, then Huet would still be in the NHL. So would Redden.
i couldn't care less about non-Flyers goalies.
i want the Flyers to win the CUP & i like evaluating goalie performances.

period.

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:35 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.