HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Realistic Analysis of Our Chances

Closed Thread

Old
01-03-2006, 09:37 PM
Venom_17

vCash: 500
Realistic Analysis of Our Chances

The way I see it:

Goaltending is good. Garon has been one of the top 5-10 goalies in the league recently. I think he can sustain it over the course of an entire season. LaBarbera is as solid a backup as there has been this season. I wouldn't be surprised to see Conan get hot and play 20-25 games in the second half. The point is either goalie can be our #1, and I like both guys.

Forwards are OK, but we need some secondary scoring. Frolov-Conroy-Demitra are a legitimate #1 line. Cammalleri is a good second liner....and if JR comes around it will do wonders for us. Bure could help, too. But I'm not counting on either. DT needs to acquire a second line guy...center or winger. This would also help our PP.
Armstrong, Belanger, Avery, Brown, Cowan, Kostopolous are excellent third line guys that will serve us extremely well if we see the playoffs. The key in the NHL is depth, and having the ability to roll 4 solid lines. And we definitely have that.

Defence is our main problem. We clearly need to add a top 4 guy. Preferably a defensive one. Miller, Norstrom, Gleason, Visnovsky, Corvo, and an addition would be one of the more solid top 6 in the leagues. I also wouldn't mind seeing us get a solid DEFENSIVE dman to round out the top 8. I'm thinking along the lines of Montador and Commodore for C-Town last year...not Dempsey or Grebs (not yet ready).

In conclusion, if we add a top 6 scoring forward and a top 4 dman, I think we can contend with anyone in the league. The question is will DT do it. Here's hoping he does, we certainly have the prospect pool and depth players to acquire them.

Old
01-03-2006, 10:10 PM
Osprey

The biggest thing on my mind is if the Kings can continue to get secondary scoring until JR and Bure return from injury. If Cammalleri and Armstrong don't cool off or if some other players step up and get hot until January is over, the Kings should be ok. If they don't, January could be this year's December. These next 3-4 weeks could be one of the most important stretches of the year for the Kings. They need to hold the fort until they get certain guys back.

Old
01-03-2006, 10:17 PM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
The biggest thing on my mind is if the Kings can continue to get secondary scoring until JR and Bure return from injury. If Cammalleri and Armstrong don't cool off or if some other players step up and get hot until January is over, the Kings should be ok. If they don't, January could be this year's December. These next 3-4 weeks could be one of the most important stretches of the year for the Kings. They need to hold the fort until they get certain guys back.
I agree, completely. I have felt that way since JR went down (I still think he is going to come back and prove everyone wrong) and, so far we have reeally responded.

Old
01-03-2006, 10:35 PM
ILuvLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
I concur. January should be very telling. I'm still not convinced that we will see Bure back, but I hope that I'm wrong.

Old
01-03-2006, 11:01 PM
King Blazer

13-games left in January has Cammalleri written all over it. I'm looking for him and Army to get Luc going starting on Thursday night...

Old
01-03-2006, 11:11 PM
ILuvLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
13-games left in January has Cammalleri written all over it. I'm looking for him and Army to get Luc going starting on Thursday night...
Cammalleri has been phenomenal the last several games. Really strong skating and has been great at drawing penalties.

Old
01-04-2006, 12:07 AM
Venom_17

Kings January Sched:
2 - Dallas (W)
5 - Phoenix
7 - San Jose
9 - Anaheim
12 - Boston
14 - Buffalo
17 - Tampa Bay
19 - Atlanta
21 - San Jose
23 - Anaheim
24 - San Jose
26 - Edmonton
28 - Anaheim
30 - Anaheim

So, 9 games within the division. This could make or break the Kings season.

Old
01-04-2006, 12:15 AM
guzmania

Schedule = feathers and fish.

Muy importante. Win California.

Old
01-04-2006, 12:23 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
I was JUST thinking the same thing. Cammy seems to thrive on "saving the day". He seems to play his best hockey whe the team needs him most, and I'll bet he's feeling confident enough (Army too) to give Luc the competitive spark he needs to FINALLY start getting some points this month.

- T

Old
01-04-2006, 01:48 AM
Rob Stauber*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV
I was JUST thinking the same thing. Cammy seems to thrive on "saving the day". He seems to play his best hockey whe the team needs him most, and I'll bet he's feeling confident enough (Army too) to give Luc the competitive spark he needs to FINALLY start getting some points this month.

- T

Hey Tony, do you think the day will ever come when you will throw a sexy party in this forum ?

Old
01-04-2006, 01:50 AM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Stauber
Hey Tony, do you think the day will ever come when you will throw a sexy party in this forum ?
If this references something from LGK, let us pray the answer is no.

Old
01-04-2006, 01:51 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
If this references something from LGK, let us pray the answer is no.
I agree.

Old
01-04-2006, 07:23 AM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV

- T
During the Dallas game, Cammalleri and Army had worked the puck down low to where it was just off the right post of the Dallas net. Luc was set up in the high slot and Cammalleri layed a beautiful pass out to Luc and unfortunately Luc didn't convert. I'm fairly confident that folks that watched the game remember the play. You could see Luc's "body language" change in that he actually hung his head for a split second. I expect that Cammalleri will continue to draw extra attention from opponents resulting in more open space for Luc to slide into. Both Cammalleri and Army have the vision and ability to find Luc in the seams and will get him the puck. The rest is up to Luc and it's time for him to finish his opportunities. I know it, you know it and most importantly Luc knows it. There is little doubt in my mind that missing on the opportunity the other night is going to serve as the turning point for Luc.

What I'm seeing from Cammalleri in the past 8-10 games looks a lot like what I saw from him for a better part of the season last year in Manchester. In other words, sit back folks and enjoy because this kid is going to take the fans, his linemates and the Kings on one heck of a ride. Get Camel the puck boys...

Last edited by King Blazer: 01-04-2006 at 07:59 AM.
Old
01-04-2006, 10:11 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_17
Defence is our main problem. We clearly need to add a top 4 guy. Preferably a defensive one. Miller, Norstrom, Gleason, Visnovsky, Corvo, and an addition would be one of the more solid top 6 in the leagues. I also wouldn't mind seeing us get a solid DEFENSIVE dman to round out the top 8. I'm thinking along the lines of Montador and Commodore for C-Town last year...not Dempsey or Grebs (not yet ready).

In conclusion, if we add a top 6 scoring forward and a top 4 dman, I think we can contend with anyone in the league. The question is will DT do it. Here's hoping he does, we certainly have the prospect pool and depth players to acquire them.
isn't chris mcalpine still available?

Closed Thread