HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Realistic Analysis of Our Chances

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-03-2006, 09:37 PM
  #1
Venom_17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,093
vCash: 500
Realistic Analysis of Our Chances

The way I see it:

Goaltending is good. Garon has been one of the top 5-10 goalies in the league recently. I think he can sustain it over the course of an entire season. LaBarbera is as solid a backup as there has been this season. I wouldn't be surprised to see Conan get hot and play 20-25 games in the second half. The point is either goalie can be our #1, and I like both guys.

Forwards are OK, but we need some secondary scoring. Frolov-Conroy-Demitra are a legitimate #1 line. Cammalleri is a good second liner....and if JR comes around it will do wonders for us. Bure could help, too. But I'm not counting on either. DT needs to acquire a second line guy...center or winger. This would also help our PP.
Armstrong, Belanger, Avery, Brown, Cowan, Kostopolous are excellent third line guys that will serve us extremely well if we see the playoffs. The key in the NHL is depth, and having the ability to roll 4 solid lines. And we definitely have that.

Defence is our main problem. We clearly need to add a top 4 guy. Preferably a defensive one. Miller, Norstrom, Gleason, Visnovsky, Corvo, and an addition would be one of the more solid top 6 in the leagues. I also wouldn't mind seeing us get a solid DEFENSIVE dman to round out the top 8. I'm thinking along the lines of Montador and Commodore for C-Town last year...not Dempsey or Grebs (not yet ready).

In conclusion, if we add a top 6 scoring forward and a top 4 dman, I think we can contend with anyone in the league. The question is will DT do it. Here's hoping he does, we certainly have the prospect pool and depth players to acquire them.

Venom_17 is offline  
Old
01-03-2006, 10:10 PM
  #2
Osprey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 14,611
vCash: 500
The biggest thing on my mind is if the Kings can continue to get secondary scoring until JR and Bure return from injury. If Cammalleri and Armstrong don't cool off or if some other players step up and get hot until January is over, the Kings should be ok. If they don't, January could be this year's December. These next 3-4 weeks could be one of the most important stretches of the year for the Kings. They need to hold the fort until they get certain guys back.

Osprey is offline  
Old
01-03-2006, 10:17 PM
  #3
Kingz4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Armenia
Posts: 2,105
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
The biggest thing on my mind is if the Kings can continue to get secondary scoring until JR and Bure return from injury. If Cammalleri and Armstrong don't cool off or if some other players step up and get hot until January is over, the Kings should be ok. If they don't, January could be this year's December. These next 3-4 weeks could be one of the most important stretches of the year for the Kings. They need to hold the fort until they get certain guys back.
I agree, completely. I have felt that way since JR went down (I still think he is going to come back and prove everyone wrong) and, so far we have reeally responded.

Kingz4life is offline  
Old
01-03-2006, 10:35 PM
  #4
ILuvLA
Registered User
 
ILuvLA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Lost in LA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
The biggest thing on my mind is if the Kings can continue to get secondary scoring until JR and Bure return from injury. If Cammalleri and Armstrong don't cool off or if some other players step up and get hot until January is over, the Kings should be ok. If they don't, January could be this year's December. These next 3-4 weeks could be one of the most important stretches of the year for the Kings. They need to hold the fort until they get certain guys back.
I concur. January should be very telling. I'm still not convinced that we will see Bure back, but I hope that I'm wrong.

ILuvLA is offline  
Old
01-03-2006, 11:01 PM
  #5
King Blazer
Registered User
 
King Blazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 6,420
vCash: 500
13-games left in January has Cammalleri written all over it. I'm looking for him and Army to get Luc going starting on Thursday night...

King Blazer is offline  
Old
01-03-2006, 11:11 PM
  #6
ILuvLA
Registered User
 
ILuvLA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Lost in LA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
13-games left in January has Cammalleri written all over it. I'm looking for him and Army to get Luc going starting on Thursday night...
Cammalleri has been phenomenal the last several games. Really strong skating and has been great at drawing penalties.

ILuvLA is offline  
Old
01-04-2006, 12:07 AM
  #7
Venom_17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,093
vCash: 500
Kings January Sched:
2 - Dallas (W)
5 - Phoenix
7 - San Jose
9 - Anaheim
12 - Boston
14 - Buffalo
17 - Tampa Bay
19 - Atlanta
21 - San Jose
23 - Anaheim
24 - San Jose
26 - Edmonton
28 - Anaheim
30 - Anaheim

So, 9 games within the division. This could make or break the Kings season.

Venom_17 is offline  
Old
01-04-2006, 12:15 AM
  #8
guzmania
Registered User
 
guzmania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: SCV
Country: United States
Posts: 2,492
vCash: 500
Schedule = feathers and fish.


Muy importante. Win California.

guzmania is offline  
Old
01-04-2006, 12:23 AM
  #9
TonySCV
Moderator
Two Timer!
 
TonySCV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
13-games left in January has Cammalleri written all over it. I'm looking for him and Army to get Luc going starting on Thursday night...
I was JUST thinking the same thing. Cammy seems to thrive on "saving the day". He seems to play his best hockey whe the team needs him most, and I'll bet he's feeling confident enough (Army too) to give Luc the competitive spark he needs to FINALLY start getting some points this month.

- T

TonySCV is offline  
Old
01-04-2006, 01:48 AM
  #10
Rob Stauber*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 778
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV
I was JUST thinking the same thing. Cammy seems to thrive on "saving the day". He seems to play his best hockey whe the team needs him most, and I'll bet he's feeling confident enough (Army too) to give Luc the competitive spark he needs to FINALLY start getting some points this month.

- T

Hey Tony, do you think the day will ever come when you will throw a sexy party in this forum ?

Rob Stauber* is offline  
Old
01-04-2006, 01:50 AM
  #11
TubbyTerrion*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Studio City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,974
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Stauber
Hey Tony, do you think the day will ever come when you will throw a sexy party in this forum ?
If this references something from LGK, let us pray the answer is no.

TubbyTerrion* is offline  
Old
01-04-2006, 01:51 AM
  #12
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 31,220
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
If this references something from LGK, let us pray the answer is no.
I agree.

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
01-04-2006, 07:23 AM
  #13
King Blazer
Registered User
 
King Blazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 6,420
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV
I was JUST thinking the same thing. Cammy seems to thrive on "saving the day". He seems to play his best hockey whe the team needs him most, and I'll bet he's feeling confident enough (Army too) to give Luc the competitive spark he needs to FINALLY start getting some points this month.

- T
During the Dallas game, Cammalleri and Army had worked the puck down low to where it was just off the right post of the Dallas net. Luc was set up in the high slot and Cammalleri layed a beautiful pass out to Luc and unfortunately Luc didn't convert. I'm fairly confident that folks that watched the game remember the play. You could see Luc's "body language" change in that he actually hung his head for a split second. I expect that Cammalleri will continue to draw extra attention from opponents resulting in more open space for Luc to slide into. Both Cammalleri and Army have the vision and ability to find Luc in the seams and will get him the puck. The rest is up to Luc and it's time for him to finish his opportunities. I know it, you know it and most importantly Luc knows it. There is little doubt in my mind that missing on the opportunity the other night is going to serve as the turning point for Luc.

What I'm seeing from Cammalleri in the past 8-10 games looks a lot like what I saw from him for a better part of the season last year in Manchester. In other words, sit back folks and enjoy because this kid is going to take the fans, his linemates and the Kings on one heck of a ride. Get Camel the puck boys...


Last edited by King Blazer: 01-04-2006 at 07:59 AM.
King Blazer is offline  
Old
01-04-2006, 10:11 AM
  #14
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan
 
KingPurpleDinosaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: irvine, ca
Posts: 2,889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_17
Defence is our main problem. We clearly need to add a top 4 guy. Preferably a defensive one. Miller, Norstrom, Gleason, Visnovsky, Corvo, and an addition would be one of the more solid top 6 in the leagues. I also wouldn't mind seeing us get a solid DEFENSIVE dman to round out the top 8. I'm thinking along the lines of Montador and Commodore for C-Town last year...not Dempsey or Grebs (not yet ready).

In conclusion, if we add a top 6 scoring forward and a top 4 dman, I think we can contend with anyone in the league. The question is will DT do it. Here's hoping he does, we certainly have the prospect pool and depth players to acquire them.
isn't chris mcalpine still available?

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.