HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sather keeps Avery in limbo

Old
01-25-2012, 06:21 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Avery's own website does have some interesting stuff on it--including political leaning stuff:

http://seanavery.com/

Apparently he was planning on protesting the keystone pipeline and there's a link to a sympathetic pro-occupy video--Frank Sinatra singing New York New York as we watch protesters being arrested at Zucotti park.

He's not your usual one dimensional hockey player. Maybe these side interests can be seen as distractions from his hockey career but even so multi dimensionality is the stuff of better human beings.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 06:24 PM
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRMatt View Post

Just passing off this beautiful work done by my friend Michael DeNicola from The Orange and Black Pack.

Lighten up the mood here.
Holy **** that's amazing. Censor the swears and post it on the main board. They will have a blast with this.

01-25-2012, 06:30 PM
mike14

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Avery's own website does have some interesting stuff on it--including political leaning stuff:

http://seanavery.com/

Apparently he was planning on protesting the keystone pipeline and there's a link to a sympathetic pro-occupy video--Frank Sinatra singing New York New York as we watch protesters being arrested at Zucotti park.

He's not your usual one dimensional hockey player. Maybe these side interests can be seen as distractions from his hockey career but even so multi dimensionality is the stuff of better human beings.
I'd be surprised if there wasn't a hockey player who had many and varied interests outside the sport. Hockey players are people and the majority of people have a wide range of interests and causes which they believe in and enjoy.

I also don't think that the majority of people have problems with his other interests or see them as 'distractions'. It's his other behavior, well documented within this thread, that people see as a distraction, and it has little to do with what he's like away from hockey, and much to do with what he appears to be like around it.

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 07:23 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
"not coming: Tim Thomas" hahaha
the picture is so full of win..

totally posting this on my blog.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 07:28 PM
Khelvan

Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike14 View Post
I also don't think that the majority of people have problems with his other interests or see them as 'distractions'. It's his other behavior, well documented within this thread, that people see as a distraction, and it has little to do with what he's like away from hockey, and much to do with what he appears to be like around it.
Sean Avery is not a distraction! This is a lie begun by the PC, liberal media and perpetuated by blind Torts followers. Show me a link to where any -reputable- source states that Sean is a distraction. You can't, therefore it proves he is a model citizen.

And nothing before he became a Ranger counts since he is a completely different person today.

Khelvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 07:36 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
So basically, if Sean's still in the AHL past 2/27 then we can assume he's just going to be sent home, no team will take him on if they can't use him for the playoffs considering he's an UFA at the end of this season.

So if Sather wants to put Avery on re-entry, and is worried about the potential dead space if he gets picked up (which I am now assuming won't happen until after the deadline), he'll have to put Sean on re-entry after he's done making moves, and before the deadline. Which in turn means that Sather may try and get some deals done earlier than we have expected.

OR

Sather ignores Avery and focuses on the Rangers at hand, making his decisions not based on when is the best time to deal with the Avery situation but on what's most important for the team.

I believe Sather will focus more on this option, and we'll see Avery sent home after the deadline when it is clear that no other NHL team wants to take a shot at him.
I, for one, would be really really pissed if Sather is spending his time worrying about how to take care of a brat like Avery.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 07:48 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khelvan View Post
Sean Avery is not a distraction! This is a lie begun by the PC, liberal media and perpetuated by blind Torts followers. Show me a link to where any -reputable- source states that Sean is a distraction. You can't, therefore it proves he is a model citizen.

And nothing before he became a Ranger counts since he is a completely different person today.
This must be sarcasm, too, but I know someone else here has already pointed to the Liberal media myth earlier, so one can never be certain.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 08:44 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike14 View Post
I'd be surprised if there wasn't a hockey player who had many and varied interests outside the sport. Hockey players are people and the majority of people have a wide range of interests and causes which they believe in and enjoy.

Depends of course on the person but generally I would find most people are a little short on curiosity. Maybe not so much if you're a native New Yorker where there are so many different choices on what you might do in your free time.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote