HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Official BST Discussion Thread.

Closed Thread

Old
01-15-2012, 03:15 PM
Isles Enforcer

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Isles Enforcer Send a message via Yahoo to Isles Enforcer
[QUOTE=scott99;42529021]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamKidd View Post
Here is an update since our discussion of their poor beginnings to the season. here is their updated stats:

Donovan (38g) 4-16-20 +/- -1
Wishart (39g) 1-9-10 -9
DeHaan (32g) 2-7-9 -5
Ness (39g) 2-13-15 +/- 0

Looks like statistically speaking, Donovan and Ness are getting more comfortable with the Pro game. I was always impressed by Donovan when I watched his Denver games, and was really impressed by him at the WJHC in 2009. Ness, never impressed me when I watched his college games, BUT he has impressed me during the Islander's Roookie scrimmage games the last two years.

I may be in the minority, but I think Donovan has higher upside than De haan. He just seems to have a really good offensive mind, and is steady defensively.

Im not sure about that but what I do know is right now Donovan is further along than de Haan right now.

Old
01-15-2012, 07:52 PM
DarkHorse
Go Banana!

7 straight wins for the STigers.
Nilsson makes 34 saves on 36 shots.
Rhett Rahk win a goal.
Casey C with a goal and an assist.
Donovan with another two-assist night.

STigers are now tied for 2nd in division (9th in conference), 2 back of division-leading Whale.

Last edited by DarkHorse: 01-15-2012 at 08:05 PM.
Old
01-15-2012, 08:35 PM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Some fun stuff here...

http://soundtigers.neulion.com/sound...ole.jsp?id=894

Old
01-15-2012, 11:32 PM
Isles Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Isles Enforcer Send a message via Yahoo to Isles Enforcer
Trevor Gillies vs Francis Lessard Round 1

Trevor Gillies vs Francis Lessard Round 2

Old
01-23-2012, 11:37 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

2-1 win in Adirondack the other night has the team up 8 in row now!

Old
01-23-2012, 01:56 PM
thedonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
2-1 win in Adirondack the other night has the team up 8 in row now!
Figured I'd take a look at the stats just out of curiosity. It's encouraging that not only are people reporting that cizikas always seems to be one of b'port's best players on the ice, but it's also showing in his stats. Leading them in points and +/-. Aside from rhakshani, no one's even close.
I was doubtful, but I'm thinking more and more that he may make the team out of camp next year.
Definitely earning at least a cup of coffee sometime this season.

Old
01-24-2012, 11:47 AM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO

vCash: 1000
Kichton will likely make the Sound Tigers next year, who else are we looking at though? Will either Lee or Nelson be in Bridgeport next year? I think Cizikas will make the team full time next year and Ullstrom and Rhakshani will likely have more time in the NHL next year than AHL but still, with one of Poulin and Nilsson in the A, plus some good prospects going through Bridgeport I think next year they can really be one of the better teams in the AHL. I hope they resign Wallace too, more for Bridgeport though.

Old
01-24-2012, 01:33 PM
NYI78

Cizikas will replace de haan in the all star game

Old
01-25-2012, 09:42 PM
Brock

Donovan has unreal stats lately. This month he's averaging well over a point per game.

Has he been playing as well as it looks he is?

Old
01-25-2012, 09:46 PM
seafoam

vCash: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
Donovan has unreal stats lately. This month he's averaging well over a point per game.

Has he been playing as well as it looks he is?
I've not seen him, but someone claimed he has a higher ceiling than de Haan!? Maybe they are right...?

Old
01-26-2012, 06:23 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaStromey View Post
I've not seen him, but someone claimed he has a higher ceiling than de Haan!? Maybe they are right...?
When I recently saw two BPort games in person, it was clear to me that de Haan was the better player. He has better on-ice intelligence and was leading the charge for the entire defensive unit. He did things in all three zones that Donovan was not doing. In fact, de Haan was THE best Dman on the ice, including Reese (who wasn't bad).

What really stook out was how well he sidestepped checks and pokechecked and carried the puck and never made a poor passing decision. He ran the PP too.

Now, I love Donovan and his upside (it's been me who's been saying that this guy is a CLONE of Christian Erhoff at the same age), but his decision-making left much to be desired in the two games I saw. He also made some infuriating plays in his own zone, not always doing things that made sense - unfortunately with respect to puck control as well. He had easy clears that he unexplainably failed on as well.

de Haan is clearly ahead of Donovan in development at this point.

It matters little for the Isles right now though, since de Haan is out with yet another shoulder injury. Been about 2-3 weeks now already, eh?

Old
01-26-2012, 07:12 AM
NYI78

Quote:
When I recently saw two BPort games in person, it was clear to me that de Haan was the better player. He has better on-ice intelligence and was leading the charge for the entire defensive unit. He did things in all three zones that Donovan was not doing. In fact, de Haan was THE best Dman on the ice, including Reese (who wasn't bad).

What really stook out was how well he sidestepped checks and pokechecked and carried the puck and never made a poor passing decision. He ran the PP too.

Now, I love Donovan and his upside (it's been me who's been saying that this guy is a CLONE of Christian Erhoff at the same age), but his decision-making left much to be desired in the two games I saw. He also made some infuriating plays in his own zone, not always doing things that made sense - unfortunately with respect to puck control as well. He had easy clears that he unexplainably failed on as well.

de Haan is clearly ahead of Donovan in development at this point.

It matters little for the Isles right now though, since de Haan is out with yet another shoulder injury. Been about 2-3 weeks now already, eh?
I went to the game last night and Donovan had a very nice game including a great snipe from above the circle. Casey Cizikas continues to impress and had a great game last night with 2 goals and 1 assist

Old
01-26-2012, 08:34 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYI78 View Post
I went to the game last night and Donovan had a very nice game including a great snipe from above the circle. Casey Cizikas continues to impress and had a great game last night with 2 goals and 1 assist
Great to hear!

As long as the Isles replace Staios, Eaton, Mottau and maybe even Jurcina (although he and Reese should be retained as depth players) with TOP NOTCH NHL Dmen, I have no problem seeing both de Haan and Donovan being worked in on the Island next year.

In addition, the season's end needs to see Pandolfo, Rolston and Reasoner be let go (yes, maybe even buy out Reasoner) and hopefully replaced with Cizikas, Ullstrom and Rakhshani. Wallace is a good guy to have around too - for either the Island or da Port, but these 3 players are probably ALREADY more effective (even if greener) than any of the three aforementioned veterabs. At least their mistakes would still be part of the growing process whereas P, R and R's mistakes are due to sheer loss of step and inability.

PS) What was your impression of SJS Dman DeSantis??? Feel free to send it to me per PM if not here. I'm really curious!

Old
01-26-2012, 08:58 AM
NYI78

Quote:
Great to hear!

As long as the Isles replace Staios, Eaton, Mottau and maybe even Jurcina (although he and Reese should be retained as depth players) with TOP NOTCH NHL Dmen, I have no problem seeing both de Haan and Donovan being worked in on the Island next year.

In addition, the season's end needs to see Pandolfo, Rolston and Reasoner be let go (yes, maybe even buy out Reasoner) and hopefully replaced with Cizikas, Ullstrom and Rakhshani. Wallace is a good guy to have around too - for either the Island or da Port, but these 3 players are probably ALREADY more effective (even if greener) than any of the three aforementioned veterabs. At least their mistakes would still be part of the growing process whereas P, R and R's mistakes are due to sheer loss of step and inability.

PS) What was your impression of SJS Dman DeSantis??? Feel free to send it to me per PM if not here. I'm really curious!

Desantis played a real strong game. good skater and puck mover..scored a goal and i think had an assit as well.. looks like he has a high hockey iq as he was never really out of position. their were bruin, jets, flames and flyers scouts at the game as well

Old
01-26-2012, 10:24 AM
Sneekypete

Cizakis is fun to watch, he works hard constantly and gets a little better every game. I hope the nucleus of Bport stays the rest of the year and grinds out a playoff spot. This team has tons of hardworkers and deserves to be in the playoffs.
Donovan again had a great game, made some great decisions but did make 1 very bad play.
Ness, outside of his skating , he seems like a very average prospect. He is the 2nd version of Katic only katic is better and much more physical,when healthy.
Wishart is a wet,limp noodle, bad in his own end 5 on 5and was even worse on the PP and PK. He was responsible for 2 goals.
The kid i am really impressed with is Howes,he may never be an NHL player because of lack of talent, but he is this years version of Tyler Haskins, only a much much better skater and is controlled.
Poulin was again a studd, and kept Bport in the game.
I will addd more later when I have time.

Old
01-27-2012, 09:03 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYI78 View Post
Desantis played a real strong game. good skater and puck mover..scored a goal and i think had an assit as well.. looks like he has a high hockey iq as he was never really out of position. their were bruin, jets, flames and flyers scouts at the game as well
Super! Thanks for that!

Old
01-28-2012, 11:06 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Back on the winning track last night.

6-2 win over Adirondack.

Dibenedetto is back on the attack and had 1-1-2.

Cizikas remains hot as all heck with another 1-2-3. He's up to 13-22-35 now for the season. Truly deserving of an all-star nod. Gotta admit, going into the season, I thought THOSE STATS would be what he'd have at the end of the year.

Good stuff!

Last edited by Chapin Landvogt: 01-28-2012 at 11:10 AM. Reason: On the other hand, Ullstrom has only had 2 goals (and thus, points) in his 8 games since returning from the concussion.
Old
01-28-2012, 12:14 PM
scott99

Geez, could we have another late round steal in Cizikas ? Like Martin,MacDonald, Ullstrom, Poulin, Lee.

Old
01-28-2012, 01:27 PM
bluechipbonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
Geez, could we have another late round steal in Cizikas ? Like Martin,MacDonald, Ullstrom, Poulin, Lee.
Could we? We do...

The team that drafted this former first round rated talent was gambling his life wouldn't be affected by his legal issues up here...that's all in the past now.

Kid's a stud...makes the team next year, without a doubt.

Old
01-28-2012, 02:55 PM
blinkman360
CdH for Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechipbonzo View Post
Could we? We do...

The team that drafted this former first round rated talent was gambling his life wouldn't be affected by his legal issues up here...that's all in the past now.

Kid's a stud...makes the team next year, without a doubt.
I don't think it will happen, but if Nielsen is dealt at the deadline I'd like to see Cizikas get a look this year. He's been playing well enough to warrant it.

Old
01-28-2012, 04:43 PM
malPHONEY

Is it safe to say that all the stuff about De Haan being "horrible" in the preseason was alarmism?

I like what I'm reading of late.

Old
01-28-2012, 05:47 PM
bluechipbonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
I don't think it will happen, but if Nielsen is dealt at the deadline I'd like to see Cizikas get a look this year. He's been playing well enough to warrant it.
If Frans is looking for $3 million a season, he's going to be traded...especially after not improving this season, and not lifting Grabner out of his funk (or is it the other way around?).

Regardless, Snow will be reluctant to pay more than $2 million average salary to what appears to be a player who has hit his ceiling...15 goals and 30 assists does not get you $3 million bucks...especially if you're an averaged sized soft centre who struggles in the face-off dot.

Cizikas should get a cup or two at the end of the season.

Cup of joe, that is.

Old
01-28-2012, 06:07 PM
TeamKidd

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechipbonzo View Post
If Frans is looking for $3 million a season, he's going to be traded...especially after not improving this season, and not lifting Grabner out of his funk (or is it the other way around?).

Regardless, Snow will be reluctant to pay more than $2 million average salary to what appears to be a player who has hit his ceiling...15 goals and 30 assists does not get you $3 million bucks...especially if you're an averaged sized soft centre who struggles in the face-off dot.

Cizikas should get a cup or two at the end of the season.

Cup of joe, that is.
Neilsen would be a great third line center. Cizikas might be too.

Problem is, we need someone to be the 2nd line center. Im not comfortable slotting Strome in there yet....bailey...well..he isnt....and we sure as hell know that Snow isnt going to go out and get one.....so what do we do?

Old
01-28-2012, 09:58 PM
Backhand of Justice
Casey Zeeky

Wow.

BST was down 2 with 5 minutes left in the game, and tie it up with goals from Haley and Howes. This team is pretty damn good.

Old
01-28-2012, 10:05 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLio21093 View Post
Wow.

BST was down 2 with 5 minutes left in the game, and tie it up with goals from Haley and Howes. This team is pretty damn good.
I just came to post that.. Saw it on twitter they were down figured the point streak would come to an end but boom they tie the game up 4-4 with 0:30 to go! Now they're in a shootout. Point streak at 11 games

Closed Thread