HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread III

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2012, 05:52 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Matthew Barry also keeps bringing up Clarke MacArthur and his 1 year 1 million dollar deal. He is struggling in Toronto.
Macarthur has 14 goals, 24 points and is a +2 in 42 games. I'd hardly call that "struggling"

He'll easily surpass 21 goals, which is what he had last year. Gunna finish with around 30 i'd wager.

Barry is talking out of his ass.

Old
01-25-2012, 05:56 PM
SFKingshomer

MaCarthur also makes 3.25 for this year and next...

Old
01-25-2012, 05:58 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
MaCarthur also makes 3.25 for this year and next...
I'd say that's decent for a guy who is going to average between 50-60 points.

Old
01-25-2012, 06:02 PM
FrozenKing18
Goongala.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
BTW, it's only Eklund but he's got us linked to Ruutu.
Damn it Eklund

Old
01-25-2012, 06:18 PM
Face Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Malone is about as much of a Lombardi player as there is, just not worth losing Bernier over though.
Without JB, DL has no leverage at all with JQ's contract negotiations starting in July. Remember what Rinne got? Well at this pace JQ will ask for the same or more. Without JB, he has to give it to him or bring in a journeyman. Won't be popular with fans, that's for sure. The only way I trade JB is in a package for a young, top player with a long contract. Managable or not (i.e. - Carter or Nash or someone of that ilk).

But that's just me. What in God's name do I know?

Old
01-25-2012, 06:26 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKingsGoo View Post
Kind of random, but does Lombardi have an e-mail that fans can write him to?
He reads all the suggestions made here.

Old
01-25-2012, 06:29 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
He reads all the suggestions made here.
And then he drinks.

Old
01-25-2012, 06:31 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
Realistically, we won't get better than MacArthur on the free agent market. And he'd be VERY cheap. 3.25 for next year is nothing, so that deal would be nice. Then try to sign Iginla in 2013

Old
01-25-2012, 06:50 PM
SFKingshomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
I'd say that's decent for a guy who is going to average between 50-60 points.
Yea, Im just sayin because of barrys report of 1 mill

Old
01-25-2012, 07:22 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
Yea, Im just sayin because of barrys report of 1 mill
He drinks to.

Old
01-25-2012, 07:44 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Stafford makes 4 million? Rough. Andrei Kostitsyn makes over 3 too but he is a UFA.

Moen and Andrei Kostitsyn are both UFA's. That is a problem, so they could walk if we give up a bit.

I am hoping the Blues are shopping Chris Stewart, he is kind of struggling this year. 10 goals in 46 games.

I like Grabner too as he seems to be struggling as well. Dude has amazing speed, but got that new contract after being traded and waived and then having a big year and seems to be struggling.
Grabner's been hampered by a nagging groin injury.Still on pace for 25 goals and making a whopping $1m this season,$2m next season.

Isles with their tight team budget,won't be moving Grabner.They may move impending ufas Nielsen and Parenteau,if they won't sign reasonable extensions.

Old
01-25-2012, 08:30 PM
Boba Fettuccine
Pastafarian

vCash: 69
Quote:
He drinks to.
Who doesn't? I am drinking 3 beers right now and taking another one in intravenously.

Old
01-25-2012, 08:50 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Dreger is really fanning the flames for Carter. Today he said that Carter is 100% available to be shipped out now.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Old
01-25-2012, 08:55 PM
bobafettish*

besides giordano i really dont see what the flames could offer.

Old
01-25-2012, 08:57 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Dreger is really fanning the flames for Carter. Today he said that Carter is 100% available to be shipped out now.
Dreger also made it sound like the price wouldn't be as high as many of us have speculated. Lombardi better be kicking the tires on a Carter deal

Old
01-25-2012, 08:59 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
besides giordano i really dont see what the flames could offer.
Iginla?

Old
01-25-2012, 09:08 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Iginla?
I would love to have Carter. To think he makes a little bit more then a million then Penner is crazy. I say go after it. Carter and Richards did great things in Philly together and with Sutter I dont think things will go out of bounds.

I say do it and do it soon!

Obviously Quick, Brown, Kopitar, Richards, Doughty, Johnson are untouchable I would throw Voynov on that list to because I think so highly of him but I would give up Voy boy for a guy like Carter.

Old
01-25-2012, 09:34 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
I just did an article today...on some site I won't mention haha...and I had 7 players listed as targets we should go after..

Moen
Stafford
Kostisyn (Andrei)
Nielsen
Grabner
Brassard
Ruutu

seems like I was in line with what lot of others were thinking.

I think any of those guys would be a huge help.

Seriously Stafford would be awesome on the 3rd line. The guy mucks it up in front of the net. He is taking a lot of criticism this year in Buffalo but that whole team top to bottom is struggling. (aside from Pominville)
You wrote an article today about players we have been discussing here for weeks, and you're surprised that players in your article were in line with our choices? Shocking.

Old
01-25-2012, 09:52 PM
Nose of Sutter

Moen, AK, and Ruutu would be my choices, any idea on thier price tag?

Old
01-25-2012, 10:09 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
You wrote an article today about players we have been discussing here for weeks, and you're surprised that players in your article were in line with our choices? Shocking.
If you don't have something nice to say friend....

Just because people say them doesn't mean I agree. And just because people on here said it doesn't mean I hadn't come to that conclusion myself.

Know who I didn't mention? Carter, Iginla, Nash, Parise...and a whole mess of other **** people have brought up.

y u mad though?

Last edited by Jason Lewis: 01-25-2012 at 10:25 PM.
Old
01-25-2012, 10:15 PM
riznat

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
I would love to have Carter. To think he makes a little bit more then a million then Penner is crazy. I say go after it. Carter and Richards did great things in Philly together and with Sutter I dont think things will go out of bounds.

I say do it and do it soon!

Obviously Quick, Brown, Kopitar, Richards, Doughty, Johnson are untouchable I would throw Voynov on that list to because I think so highly of him but I would give up Voy boy for a guy like Carter.
Thats way to many untouchables... id say our only untouchables are Kopitar, Quick and Doughty and if i had to add a fourth it would be Richards. If we trade Johnson then Voynov could step in, impossible to say exactly how he would do over the long haul but I think he will not only be better defensively but offensively as well.

Who exactly do you expect us to trade if you have all those players as untouchables? We are deepest at D so I think Johnson would be our best asset here.

Old
01-25-2012, 11:54 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

If you had Hecht on your want list....you can cross him off now

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sa...icle715737.ece

Poor guy just can't stay healthy between the ears. One of those instances where he really should just retire to preserve his health while he can.

Old
01-26-2012, 01:22 AM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by riznat View Post
Thats way to many untouchables... id say our only untouchables are Kopitar, Quick and Doughty and if i had to add a fourth it would be Richards. If we trade Johnson then Voynov could step in, impossible to say exactly how he would do over the long haul but I think he will not only be better defensively but offensively as well.

Who exactly do you expect us to trade if you have all those players as untouchables? We are deepest at D so I think Johnson would be our best asset here.
Picks... Prospects... like regular NHL Playoff teams trade.

Need to keep the Core together while adding a guy like Carter. I'm looking for something similar to the Richards trade. If we cant make the trade without gutting the core then we`ll still sit in wait and see mode

Im not a Johnson fan but he does some good things. And you cant get rid of him until Voynov has proven himself a little bit more. I personally think Voynov is going to be the next best thing to Doughty but until he is proven you gotta keep Johnson on the untouchable list.

Old
01-26-2012, 02:06 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Not sure if the Blue Jackets will receive the same equivalent package that they dealt to acquire Jeff Carter (Jakub Voracek, a 1st (8th overall) and a 3rd).

If the Kings were to string together a similar package, I would say Bernier is about equal to Voracek, a former 1st round selection who still has some potential to live up to who has had a so-so career thus far. If they insist on another forward, then the next closest option would be Andrei Loktionov.

With Columbus only having given up one roster player and two draft picks for Carter, I imagine a combination of Bernier along with a decent defense prospect or young defenseman from the roster and another roster player (for salary cap reasons) would be fair compensation.

Bernier or Loktionov
One of Martinez, Hickey or Forbort (or LA's 1st in 2012)
One of Penner or Stoll

for

Jeff Carter
Curtis Sanford (to serve as a backup until the end of the season, as he is a UFA this summer. That is if Columbus is interested in Bernier)

That's a trade I'd make any day. I would pair Carter with Kopitar and Brown and have Williams with Richards and hopefully another player at LW acquired at the deadline who could fill a top six role. If Penner is moved as part of a package, then I'd try to move Stoll for another soon to be UFA.

Maybe Kostitsyn. Although I imagine Montreal would ask for more than just Stoll. Ruutu I would love to have but Carolina isn't going to swap him for another rental. They'd be interested in prospects and/or young players who can step in and make an impact, or high draft picks. Perhaps the Kings could make a separate trade with Columbus (as they did in the past to acquire Modin) and acquire Vaclav Prospal for a conditional pick and a B-level prospect.

Prospal is a playmaking LW who can really help out Richards on the second scoring line. Having Brown-Kopitar-Carter as your top line with Prospal-Richards-Williams as your second scoring line will pretty much have the Kings prepared to make a hard push in the playoffs. They're set on defense and in goal and the only other need to address may be depth on the bottom two lines, but filling up the top two lines certainly helps address the issue they have at scoring depth within the top six.

Last edited by Ziggy Stardust: 01-26-2012 at 02:14 AM.
Old
01-26-2012, 02:22 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Sounds good to me Ziggy. Pretty much exactly what I have in mind.

Closed Thread