HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2011-12 Season Thread (Pt.2)

Old
01-21-2012, 03:39 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2011-12 Season Thread (Pt.2)

Continued from...

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=911650

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 07:49 PM
dino200022

Who wants off the teichmann train, like I said not a good goalie!!

dino200022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 09:59 AM
JL17

Was never on the train. I've always seen a goalie that has looked uncomfortable in the net. Not a good start last night that's foresure. But the good news out last night Patterson had a bounce back game from his not so good Jr B performance. I know its' only one game but Patterson goes back to the front of the line and TT becomes the 3rd stringer IMO.

JL17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 10:20 AM
dino200022

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL17 View Post
Was never on the train. I've always seen a goalie that has looked uncomfortable in the net. Not a good start last night that's foresure. But the good news out last night Patterson had a bounce back game from his not so good Jr B performance. I know its' only one game but Patterson goes back to the front of the line and TT becomes the 3rd stringer IMO.
Was not so much you JL but there was a few of them out there that did not want to listen to me about how bad he really is, and those people will know who they are! Great shutdown performence by Jake, it just shows his potential. I think we see who will start next year if no Houser!! Great rally by the boys after gettting down as well, those are the games that will build confidence in close games come playoff time! I wish Tinordi would skate with the puck more, he did it quite often [playing for the US U18 squad. He has such a long stride when he gets going he can motor!

Old
01-22-2012, 11:48 AM
KnightRanger

What's the latest on Knight and Harrington??

KnightRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:36 PM
Rubbers29

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRanger View Post
What's the latest on Knight and Harrington??
Both out still as far as todays game, Knight was questionable for this weekend so hopefully will see some ice Wednesday against the Rangers, Harrington still week to week at last report so chances are they are taking it easy with him so he is fresh in the playoffs, probably be back mid to late Feb.

Sidenote, thought it was a great idea by Mark to leave Houser and Domi Home yesterday, Domi was a target friday and didnt need to risk injury to an Attack squad still seemingly out for blood and Houser was probably in bed by 10 last night rather then getting home at 2-3 this morning, which will keep him fresh for todays game

Rubbers29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 07:06 PM
dgb

Another 6 points in 3 games, but some things worth reflecting on:

On the one hand, I like that the Knights were able to pull out wins when it counted, evening the score late in the third with Owen Sound on Saturday and getting the shootout victory followed by an OT win this afternoon over Erie after the Otters had tied the game.

On the other hand, if we're grinding out wins against teams like Owen Sound and Erie, what is it going to look like when we're locked in a playoff battle with Plymouth to win the West? They're certainly not Owen Sound or Erie. I'm hoping the return of Knight and Harrington will be a big boost to the lineup. Thoughts?

dgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 07:50 PM
Rubbers29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgb View Post

On the one hand, I like that the Knights were able to pull out wins when it counted, evening the score late in the third with Owen Sound on Saturday and getting the shootout victory followed by an OT win this afternoon over Erie after the Otters had tied the game.

On the other hand, if we're grinding out wins against teams like Owen Sound and Erie, what is it going to look like when we're locked in a playoff battle with Plymouth to win the West? They're certainly not Owen Sound or Erie. I'm hoping the return of Knight and Harrington will be a big boost to the lineup. Thoughts?
I agree it is a little worrisome (sp?) that we're in so tough against teams at the bottom of the standings (and losing to some in the case of kingston) but this has been a London trait for years! for some reason we always seem to struggle with teams we should blow out of the water, then the next game easily handle a top team, one thing that could be said for it is that when teams play the first place team they always bring their "A" game, everyone wants to knock off the best, and in the case of these last few games there were other factors that play in,

Kingston had the "Bobkov" factor, I goalie that was supposed to be our future that never really proved himself in a knights uniform and came back to the JLC and played the game of his life (or 2nd best game if you count last years wjc) London outshot them 50-22

Every Owen Sound game has been rough this year, That goes back to the playoffs last year and is quickly becoming a huge rivalry, London has Rivalries with Windsor, Sarnia and Kitchener already, but to Owen Sound London seems to be enemy #1 especially after Domi took out Garvus so that being close was no surprise

The Otters Game saw 5 Players facing their old club for the first time since the trade deadline, you knew that Foxy and Donnay would be playing tough, and I am sure the whole otter team wanted to beat McKegg

That being said, those are really not good excuses London should have been able to handle these teams easily for a team that I am 99% sure will be back at #1 in the CHL this week after losses by Tri-city, Plymouth and Shawinigan they were way too close for comfort, they have been finding ways to win but in the game today for example they just arent holding their own in front of the net and missing out on slapping in some big rebounds, I counted 7 times in the first 15 mins of todays game that if they had a player in front there would have been an empty net in front of them.

Like you said, hopefully Knight and Harrington are back sooner then later and they can get the lines set a little better and start gelling, They are going to need to tighten up to be a mem cup contender.

1 note on your mention of Plymouth in the playoffs, I am worried about them but honestly Kitchener scares the crap out of me, I have not liked how London has played against them at all this year! hopefully that all changes come wed. though

Rubbers29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 08:30 PM
Mangecake
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgb View Post

Thought Tierney played great all weekend and the line of him, Horvat and Anderson seemed to get things going when Mark let them on the ice. PowerPlay???? Anybody seen it?? 2nd period Friday Vs Attack was embarassing. Lots of talent watching the PP from the bench that might have been better than 2/17 on the weekend. Can we decline ???

Mangecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 07:42 AM
dino200022

Owen Sound is a big physical team and I think London did well to win back to backs, I fully expected to lose one of them but seeing them fight back on Saturday showed me a lot! Erie was almost the same as the Kingston game. Erie had no reason to even be in the game but Sadikov did what he could to keep them in it and Erie buried the few chances they had. They are a much better team after losing Cazzola, mcKegg and Cook to be honest, I dont think those guys really cared to play there anymore! A few things that really came to the forefront though this weekend. We have the best 4th line in the OHL hands down, Tierney and Horvat both need to see some PP time, have to stick BO in front of that net cause we have to many pretty boys walkng around the boards! 2nd big thing for me was Tinordi. Please keep rushing the puck it is an element we have been missing on the back end all year long and he is doing a great job, he has a long stride and when he gets trucking he is tough to stop! 3rd and final thing, Teichmann is an awesome BUG but please dont let him play unless he is just mopping up, same goes for Martin he would look much better in a suit when Harrington comes back!

Old
01-23-2012, 10:02 AM
LRon7

You are right on with the Martin issue, he should be put on the shelf and only pulled off in case of an emergency. Knights do not need to be ranked #1, they just need to keep developing as a team and winning games. #1 ranking just puts a target on your back and every team plays a little harder against you ( except the Soo).

LRon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 04:36 AM
aresknights

TInordi seems to have been given the green light to rush the puck. Its an added element to the Knights attack/breakout. Im noit expecting a Ryan Murphy type game from him but 1 or 2 rushes a game can really help. MAybe Harrington will also get a bit more freedom when he gets back into the lineup.
I thought Tierney had one of his best weekends as a knight, dihing the puck all over the ice.
Dino is right, That 4th line is playing well when they do get on the ice. Horvat and ANderson seem to be getting more comfy with the contact and are initiating more of it.
All in all a good weekend. Grabbed all 6 pts, kept the lead on Ktown (10pts with game in hand for Kit) for the division and upped the conf lead to 6pts with a game still in hand on Plymouth.
Every game will see a good player sitting. Hopefully they are rotated and nobody gets their nose outta jpint
Martin has not dressed 2 of the last 3 games. Well see

Last edited by aresknights: 01-24-2012 at 03:14 PM.
aresknights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 05:10 AM
SimonTemplar

In case anyone forgets that is a pretty solid Attack team over there. With half their Mem Cup roster still intact then loaded with prospects that are solid it's no wonder they are a tough out. They put the boots to Plymouth on home ice a week ago and were full marks for holding on.

Tinordi will continue to move puck if he remains teamed with Cook who guards the house very well.

Hunter said after these trades guys will begin to sit and get some well deserved rest.

This is all bonus time when you can sit 3 players a night and when Harry/ Knighter come back it's even more that will rotate in and out. That should be pretty fresh team come March and if they could open a bigger lead on Plymouth they will rest half the team the last two weeks. If they get any more separation which I am having my doubts on now. The Whalers know home ice is on the line and they'll be coming hard.

SimonTemplar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 09:48 AM
dino200022

Big test tonight to show what they are made of! No Knight, Harrington, Rupert or Athansiou most likely good thing we have the depth to afford to be able to do that! Two points will go a long way tonight put us 12 up on Kitchener and 8 up on Plymouth..even if it has to be done in OT the extra point is very nice cushion!

Old
01-25-2012, 04:37 PM
aresknights

Always luv the Ktown match up.

MAtta is out as well with the flu.

That 12 pt lead should have us comfy enough to secure the 2nd seed with only PLy to worry about. A loss, combimed with 3 Gs left vs Ktown and who knows.

We are 0-2 against them so far this year. Time to get the monkey off our back.

aresknights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 08:36 PM
KnightRanger

WOW!!! That was an ass kicking! Boys playing men tonight! Knights have got to be worried about their lack of size up front in the playoffs. Couldn't win a battle along the boards all night. Not to mention if anything happens to Houser........oh boy! 3 more chances this year to prove they can handle the Rangers.

Also, maybe next time the Rangers come to town you dress your best players. They are 4 point games!

KnightRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 09:50 PM
dino200022

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRanger View Post
WOW!!! That was an ass kicking! Boys playing men tonight! Knights have got to be worried about their lack of size up front in the playoffs. Couldn't win a battle along the boards all night. Not to mention if anything happens to Houser........oh boy! 3 more chances this year to prove they can handle the Rangers.

Also, maybe next time the Rangers come to town you dress your best players. They are 4 point games!
If they are not all hurt or sick then ya they will be dressed. Kitcheners compete level is just so high. What they lack in skill to most teams they make up for in muscle and hustle! Have to make this PP we got much simplier way to much pretty boy stuff going on. Get it up top and shoot. Far to many turnovers London looked far to confident and lazy while the Rangers were pressuring the puck all night long. And by goly jesus could someone please pick up that man that is sitting in the slot wide open please, 5 goals from slot area off rebounds ouch! Hopefully next time they get together London will show some life coming out of the gate and learn to compete with these bigger stronger guys from Kitchener.

P.S. Another great game by Gibson though, made some huge saves that could of changed the story early. Houser was not quite Houser-esque per say we will only go as far as he takes us! MOst goals were not his fault but Gibson came up with the big saves tonight! Teichmann is awesome PP31 do you think is has a future or was he just a throw in like I said??

Old
01-26-2012, 07:46 AM
Mangecake
Rookie User

OUCH..... Rieder's early short hander set the tone for who wanted it most last night...Kitchener

Good thing Seth Griffith had 2 goals to get "UP" to -3 on the night. KEGGER -4, VLADDY -3 and Watson -2. FLEMINGTON +1???? 'BEST' players have to play like our best. Can't put too much blame on Houser who was out to dry on most of the goals he had scored on him.
Great power forward goal by Bo Horvat at the end of the game...
Lotsa time to get this sorted out and the injured players back.

Mangecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 09:06 AM
dino200022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangecake View Post
OUCH..... Rieder's early short hander set the tone for who wanted it most last night...Kitchener

Good thing Seth Griffith had 2 goals to get "UP" to -3 on the night. KEGGER -4, VLADDY -3 and Watson -2. FLEMINGTON +1???? 'BEST' players have to play like our best. Can't put too much blame on Houser who was out to dry on most of the goals he had scored on him.
Great power forward goal by Bo Horvat at the end of the game...
Lotsa time to get this sorted out and the injured players back.
For the amount of time Flemington was out there, he showed he is not just a flake skating around (yovanic). He is not a hockey god by all means, but is a very servicable guy when not taking to many penalties. The pass he made to Horvat was very nice, he waited the Kitchener forward out then just a quick litle shovel to horvat when he was flying and off to the races. Could be a guy come playoff times thats in the lineup when we need big bodies since we have showed the Kitchener is hands down far better then us at muscling for the puck. The being said, have to throw Horvat out on the PP in front of the net and maybe sit Domi on the bench for a while far to many give aways I dont know where his head is at!

Old
01-26-2012, 11:35 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino200022 View Post
Teichmann is awesome PP31 do you think is has a future or was he just a throw in like I said??
Oh I believe he was a throw in..I just can't believe he's uprooted Patterson as the backup. I don't think I'll ever understand that part of the equation.

Note about last night's game...if I can take a positive out of it. You're looking at our future captain folks....#53 Bo Horvat.

As for Domi...his game is sliding cause he's one dimensional..people are catching on that he's a one trick pony.

PhlyerPhanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 12:22 PM
dino200022

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Oh I believe he was a throw in..I just can't believe he's uprooted Patterson as the backup. I don't think I'll ever understand that part of the equation.

Note about last night's game...if I can take a positive out of it. You're looking at our future captain folks....#53 Bo Horvat.

As for Domi...his game is sliding cause he's one dimensional..people are catching on that he's a one trick pony.
Agreed totally PP Horvat will be better then Domi all around if already is not. Domi tries to force the play way to often, he has to learn to shoot eventually!

Old
01-26-2012, 05:16 PM
JL17

Quote:
For the amount of time Flemington was out there, he showed he is not just a flake skating around (yovanic). He is not a hockey god by all means, but is a very servicable guy when not taking to many penalties. The pass he made to Horvat was very nice, he waited the Kitchener forward out then just a quick litle shovel to horvat when he was flying and off to the races. Could be a guy come playoff times thats in the lineup when we need big bodies since we have showed the Kitchener is hands down far better then us at muscling for the puck. The being said, have to throw Horvat out on the PP in front of the net and maybe sit Domi on the bench for a while far to many give aways I dont know where his head is at!
My question from last night is with the D pairings... Tinordi and Cook have been a good pairing since the trade... why break up that pairing last night??? Hughes was lost with Cook and Ferry and Tinordi looked brutal. Have one bad pairing not 2. Now why is Flemington who performed really well on D earlier in the year not playing when we are short and having Ferry and Martin back there???

Watching Domi and Names is like watching Kadri play... only Kadri played physical.

JL17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 05:34 PM
dino200022

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL17 View Post
My question from last night is with the D pairings... Tinordi and Cook have been a good pairing since the trade... why break up that pairing last night??? Hughes was lost with Cook and Ferry and Tinordi looked brutal. Have one bad pairing not 2. Now why is Flemington who performed really well on D earlier in the year not playing when we are short and having Ferry and Martin back there???

Watching Domi and Names is like watching Kadri play... only Kadri played physical.
I had the same question, did not make sense to me either. Was hoping it was just an experiment when it started but for some reason Hunter kept them the same..,All I have to say it I hope they all learned a big lesson!

Old
01-27-2012, 11:28 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
I had the same question, did not make sense to me either. Was hoping it was just an experiment when it started but for some reason Hunter kept them the same..,All I have to say it I hope they all learned a big lesson!
Mark needs to knock the rust off and quick...he's been getting out-coached quite a bit lately. The talent level on the team hides a lot of the mistakes he makes when having the last change at home. He's gotten caught with his pants down far too often.. to the point where its becoming habitual.

PhlyerPhanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 10:20 PM
dogsandwings

Thank You Knights..
p.s. Fox looks terrific for Erie..

dogsandwings is offline   Reply With Quote