HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Holloway and Moller

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-25-2012, 06:18 PM
  #26
triplcrown
Registered User
 
triplcrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SF Valley, SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaAnimal View Post
i like oscar and bud. THey would do so much better than penner and stoll......

Beer and Bud go well together too.

Also coffee and Bud.

Uh, what were we talking about?

triplcrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 06:20 PM
  #27
triplcrown
Registered User
 
triplcrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SF Valley, SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash View Post
I'm anticipating something going down with Penner at the deadline... even if it's a release or a demotion. Unfortunately, there's nothing in Manchester ready to come up. Sadly, the Kings haven't and in my estimation won't ever develop a forward that will excel in this kind of system. Kopitar is an anomaly and I can only imagine what he'd be like on a run & gun team. If Moulson, Purcell & Simmonds have shown us anything, it's shown us that our talent evaluation is good, our system and its execution stifle the talent.
Good point.

triplcrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 06:25 PM
  #28
triplcrown
Registered User
 
triplcrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SF Valley, SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 741
vCash: 500
Is it really that unreasonable to think that Moller, with focused effort, could re-style himself as a
2-way, 3rd-line type FW?

I mean, what if he's getting extra training and work on defensive play in Sweden?
Sweden is known for fine defensive training.

Couldn't he evolve into 1 of those small, pesky FWs who check tightly and can
counter-attack effectively?

I mean, if the will was there, why not?

triplcrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 07:11 PM
  #29
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Jason Lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
It's going to be hard for Holloway to surpass Lewis in the eyes of the organization if Lewis continues to improve unless Holloway knocks their socks off.
And the fact that Lewis has shown SO MUCH commitment to the organization, where as Holloway spent 3 years here and decided to run away instead of digging in when he wanted more playing time.

I think people are right saying DL and TM had him penciled into the lineup.

DL was straight fuming when they asked him about it in the offseason. Said he was the next guy in line. And if Williams had been more seriously injured or moved to IR he was getting called up.

Still say it was incredibly dumb for Holloway to burn that bridge. He played literally TWO full season of pro hockey, and feels like he didn't get a fair shake. Clearly he didn't talk to Cliche, Clune, Campbell, Lewis, or Pat Mullen much....

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 07:37 PM
  #30
lafan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
And the fact that Lewis has shown SO MUCH commitment to the organization, where as Holloway spent 3 years here and decided to run away instead of digging in when he wanted more playing time.

I think people are right saying DL and TM had him penciled into the lineup.

DL was straight fuming when they asked him about it in the offseason. Said he was the next guy in line. And if Williams had been more seriously injured or moved to IR he was getting called up.

Still say it was incredibly dumb for Holloway to burn that bridge. He played literally TWO full season of pro hockey, and feels like he didn't get a fair shake. Clearly he didn't talk to Cliche, Clune, Campbell, Lewis, or Pat Mullen much....
This post is comical, this guy must not know Holloway and Lewis are best friends and Holloway ,Clune,Cliche,and Lewis all lived together.I think they might of talked once or twice and still do daily


Last edited by lafan: 01-25-2012 at 07:46 PM. Reason: wrong date
lafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 08:18 PM
  #31
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Jason Lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lafan View Post
This post is comical, this guy must not know Holloway and Lewis are best friends and Holloway ,Clune,Cliche,and Lewis all lived together.I think they might of talked once or twice and still do daily
Comical? Nice.


I meant they must not have talked much about how you gotta stick it out in the AHL, work hard and earn your dues..

like Lewis did, like Clune has done, and like Cliche is currently doing. Not chit chat about how many chicks they banged or how big their dongs are...

yay glad you found me comical. -_-

AND I like how you assume they still talk daily. So that makes you either Bud Holloway, Cliche, Clune, or Lewy. Right? If that's you bud. Get your ass back over here and work like everyone else has to.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 09:36 PM
  #32
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh
 
tigermask48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triplcrown View Post
Is it really that unreasonable to think that Moller, with focused effort, could re-style himself as a
2-way, 3rd-line type FW?

I mean, what if he's getting extra training and work on defensive play in Sweden?
Sweden is known for fine defensive training.

Couldn't he evolve into 1 of those small, pesky FWs who check tightly and can
counter-attack effectively?

I mean, if the will was there, why not?
This is what has always gotten to me about Moller. He isn't really that small, he's what 5'10 or 5'11? that's like an inch or two shorter than Richards and look at what he can do. The will is obviously there to me and the main things he needs to improve (his balance and his overall strength) are things that will come with time and age. It's not like he's St.Louis, Gionta small.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 09:51 PM
  #33
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos
 
King'sPawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 8,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triplcrown View Post
Is it really that unreasonable to think that Moller, with focused effort, could re-style himself as a
2-way, 3rd-line type FW?

I mean, what if he's getting extra training and work on defensive play in Sweden?
Sweden is known for fine defensive training.

Couldn't he evolve into 1 of those small, pesky FWs who check tightly and can
counter-attack effectively?

I mean, if the will was there, why not?
I honestly think Moller would thrive under Sutter. I'll add I think he's the ideal line-mate for Loktionov, too.

Moller has a great enthusiasm for the game, he's very passionate for hockey, from what I've seen. He's also a player who loves to shoot and play in the middle of the ice; that center lane drive is exactly what Sutter wants his players to do. Moller struggled a lot under Murray because of the emphasis of play along the boards; Moller's not physically strong, so he would lose those battles. However, if he were given a set up man like Loktionov, and if he was told to pursue the 50/50 pucks, I think Moller would be a completely different player, and the third line would be a LOT more dangerous if it was Moller - Loktionov - Lewis.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 10:18 PM
  #34
lafan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Comical? Nice.


I meant they must not have talked much about how you gotta stick it out in the AHL, work hard and earn your dues..

like Lewis did, like Clune has done, and like Cliche is currently doing. Not chit chat about how many chicks they banged or how big their dongs are...

yay glad you found me comical. -_-

AND I like how you assume they still talk daily. So that makes you either Bud Holloway, Cliche, Clune, or Lewy. Right? If that's you bud. Get your ass back over here and work like everyone else has to.
lol i dont think Bud or any of the guys you mentioned have time to be chit chating on here all day long and i cant understand what the difference is in bud or oscar playing in the AHL or the SEL there still working and developing.

lafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 10:19 PM
  #35
kingsdarkness
Registered User
 
kingsdarkness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Fountain Valley, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 409
vCash: 500
how good would our 2nd or 3rd line be with parse back from injury.

kingsdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 10:32 PM
  #36
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,849
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Just imagine for next season:

Parise-Kopitar-Williams
Brown-Richards-Holloway
Moller-Loktionov-Lewis
Clifford-Fraser-Westgarth



Throw in Toffoli as a wild card for a top 6 role.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 11:07 PM
  #37
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Jason Lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Just imagine for next season:

Parise-Kopitar-Williams
Brown-Richards-Holloway
Moller-Loktionov-Lewis
Clifford-Fraser-Westgarth



Throw in Toffoli as a wild card for a top 6 role.
Ya know i'd like to think he has an outside chance next year also.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 11:25 PM
  #38
lafan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Ya know i'd like to think he has an outside chance next year also.
listen you can say what you want about Bud being stupid or whatever for not signing in Manch but i can pretty much guarantee you that had Clune,Cliche or if any of the other boys had got the calls from europe Bud got they would have done the same thing,and i would hate to think that after Bud recieved offers from over 15 teams including the KHL Dean didnt know what would happen if he didnt offer him a one way.I think your pointing the finger in the wrong direction thats all

lafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 11:44 PM
  #39
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Jason Lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lafan View Post
listen you can say what you want about Bud being stupid or whatever for not signing in Manch but i can pretty much guarantee you that had Clune,Cliche or if any of the other boys had got the calls from europe Bud got they would have done the same thing,and i would hate to think that after Bud recieved offers from over 15 teams including the KHL Dean didnt know what would happen if he didnt offer him a one way.I think your pointing the finger in the wrong direction thats all
That's a huge assumption man.


A lot of these guys dream and still dream of playing in the NHL. And if every one of them was just in it for the money half the AHL would be over in europe right now.

I am only pointing the finger at the one who snatched up the check instead of living to play in the NHL with the team that drafted him.

I don't see how that is incorrect.

Are you like a Bud Holloway groupie or something?

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 12:15 AM
  #40
lafan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
That's a huge assumption man.


A lot of these guys dream and still dream of playing in the NHL. And if every one of them was just in it for the money half the AHL would be over in europe right now.

I am only pointing the finger at the one who snatched up the check instead of living to play in the NHL with the team that drafted him.

I don't see how that is incorrect.

Are you like a Bud Holloway groupie or something?
First off most leagues in europe only allowed two or three imports per team and you just cant go there because you feel like it and secondly nothing i said is assumption.Now maybe you can tell me who you know, in the NHL that would be
playing there if they didnt get payed,Buddy dont kid yourself sadlly enough its all about money .Next ya maybe iam a Bud Holloway groupy never thought of it that way .lol

lafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 12:32 AM
  #41
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Jason Lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lafan View Post
First off most leagues in europe only allowed two or three imports per team and you just cant go there because you feel like it and secondly nothing i said is assumption.Now maybe you can tell me who you know, in the NHL that would be
playing there if they didnt get payed,Buddy dont kid yourself sadlly enough its all about money .Next ya maybe iam a Bud Holloway groupy never thought of it that way .lol
So nothing you said is assumption. But you said that Cliche/Clune/Lewis still talk to Holloway daily?

How would you know that?

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 12:46 AM
  #42
lafan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
So nothing you said is assumption. But you said that Cliche/Clune/Lewis still talk to Holloway daily?

How would you know that?
Listen i do know that and i do know that Bud would of loved to have gotten a contract and played in la more than anything but it didnt work out that way,geuss we will see next year and thats all.Nice chating with you

lafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 12:48 AM
  #43
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Jason Lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,110
vCash: 500
Looking at your post history it looks like one of two things...or maybe both:

Either you are a family member of Holloway or a real close personal friend

or

You're just a really super big fan

And look, either way, you can't expect people to be happy with Holloway, the way he left the team. From everything said from media, to GM...it was petty...leaving and not even letting the GM know ahead of time, never responding to the qualifying offer, just having your agent call and do the dirty deed for you? I mean Moller stood up and did it himself...it just was all around kind of ****** to do to the team. Maybe he was mad about money. He's a young guy, and he was likely offered a contract somewhere in the realm of 650k - 850k. If he was expecting more, at his age and experience he was kidding himself. It seemed very selfish of him to cut and run to the SEL considering he was our top prospect coming into this season and knew very well that information. Christ he was likely a lock for a bottom 6 spot barring a huge misstep or injury in camp. Like many have said, Moreau and Hunter are probably non factors and non signers if Holloway stays. But Lombardi was not going to just hand it to him. We have a whole minor league team of workers who deserve all the shots in the world as well.

So again you can't expect people to look kindly upon him give the circumstances.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 12:53 AM
  #44
lafan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Looking at your post history it looks like one of two things...or maybe both:

Either you are a family member of Holloway or a real close personal friend

or

You're just a really super big fan

And look, either way, you can't expect people to be happy with Holloway, the way he left the team. From everything said from media, to GM...it was petty...leaving and not even letting the GM know ahead of time, never responding to the qualifying offer, just having your agent call and do the dirty deed for you? I mean Moller stood up and did it himself...it just was all around kind of ****** to do to the team. Maybe he was mad about money. He's a young guy, and he was likely offered a contract somewhere in the realm of 650k - 850k. If he was expecting more, at his age and experience he was kidding himself. It seemed very selfish of him to cut and run to the SEL considering he was our top prospect coming into this season and knew very well that information. Christ he was likely a lock for a bottom 6 spot barring a huge misstep or injury in camp. Like many have said, Moreau and Hunter are probably non factors and non signers if Holloway stays. But Lombardi was not going to just hand it to him. We have a whole minor league team of workers who deserve all the shots in the world as well.

So again you can't expect people to look kindly upon him give the circumstances.
Let me tell you one thing fella if Bud had been offered a contract for 600
thousand or more he would have signed in a heart beat ,you just dont get it do ya.

lafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 12:58 AM
  #45
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Jason Lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lafan View Post
Let me tell you one thing fella if Bud had been offered a contract for 600
thousand or more he would have signed in a heart beat ,you just dont get it do ya.
Care to share your inside source that proves me all wrong? I'd gladly eat my words. Til then i'll just assume your some over zealous fan who's followed him from Jrs.......fella.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 01:06 AM
  #46
lafan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Care to share your inside source that proves me all wrong? I'd gladly eat my words. Til then i'll just assume your some over zealous fan who's followed him from Jrs.......fella.
We will leave it at that ,just keep in mind that pro sports is all media driven and sometimes you only get the side they want you to hear.ttyl

lafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 01:06 AM
  #47
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Jason Lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lafan View Post
We will leave it at that ,just keep in mind that pro sports is all media driven and sometimes you only get the side they want you to hear.ttyl

and your angle is supposed to be more reliable?

Some random guy on an internet board?

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 01:13 AM
  #48
lafan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
and your angle is supposed to be more reliable?

Some random guy on an internet board?
ya ok


Last edited by lafan: 01-26-2012 at 01:26 AM.
lafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 01:18 AM
  #49
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Jason Lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lafan View Post
My angle as you call it is more reliable than you will ever know.
So you say. But until you actually tell us something rather then "oh I know cause I know but I won't tell you how"

Your stance has absolutely zero credit. Get used to it.

By the way Toffoli loves Lucky Charms.

How do I know? Cause I do, and i won't tell you how I know. I just do.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 01:28 AM
  #50
lafan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
So you say. But until you actually tell us something rather then "oh I know cause I know but I won't tell you how"

Your stance has absolutely zero credit. Get used to it.

By the way Toffoli loves Lucky Charms.

How do I know? Cause I do, and i won't tell you how I know. I just do.
Hey i didnt know Toffoli loves lucky charms .

lafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.