HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rene Bourque OR Michael Cammalleri?

View Poll Results: Who would you rather be on the Habs?
Rene Bourque 219 81.72%
Michael Cammalleri 49 18.28%
Voters: 268. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-25-2012, 07:23 PM
Iwishihadacup

vCash: 500
2 points for Bourque tonight

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 07:31 PM
CN_paladin

Nice deflection by Bourque tonight by driving to the net!! Cammy was way overpaid and ineffective this season. Like others said, that 2nd rounder in 2013 could turn out to be another Pacioretty too!

CN_paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 07:58 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
I think we can stop with this deal, we got a type of player we wanted and needed badly and got rid of a good player but an expensive one as well who didn't produce the way he was paid to

It was a good deal for the Habs going forward, I couldn't care less about Cammy!

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 11:49 PM
Bleeker

I especially like the 2nd rounder we got on that deal . it's a 2013 pick , and i just cant see the Flames having a good season next year , unless they sign some really big names on july 1st.

Bleeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 12:19 AM
Talks to Goalposts

If Montreal ends up with the third liner Bourque was in Calgary this season then it was a bad deal. However, for his games in Montreal he looks much more like the strong 2nd line winger he was for the 3 years before that. If he keeps it up then Montreal will have done well by acquiring him.

Talks to Goalposts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 12:24 AM
Souvenirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
This, this, and this.

Cammalleri is still old terrible self in Calgary, the 39 goal scorer is gone folks.
He's 29. I doubt he's ''gone'' forever. Player for player, he's better than Bourque.

However, the trade saves us cap space, gives us a 2nd rounder and a player that suits our team's needs more. Pretty good deal.

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 12:27 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Bang on...a great shot, but that's it...he has been really soft since his shoulder seperation vs the Sabres...

This was a good trade, based on our needs...Bourque will score some dirty goals...
1. Cammy's play in the PO 2 years ago will mean I love the guy forever. He scored the sort of Habs goals I haven't seen for years.

2. Your post. I think Cammy is damaged goods, and I think PG just torched the Flames for him.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 12:30 AM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
1. Cammy's play in the PO 2 years ago will mean I love the guy forever. He scored the sort of Habs goals I haven't seen for years.

2. Your post. I think Cammy is damaged goods, and I think PG just torched the Flames for him.
I think Cammy will heat up again. I liked the move, but I hope Cammalleri finds his game again. Just a rough year for him and the team.

andy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 12:31 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
If Montreal ends up with the third liner Bourque was in Calgary this season then it was a bad deal. However, for his games in Montreal he looks much more like the strong 2nd line winger he was for the 3 years before that. If he keeps it up then Montreal will have done well by acquiring him.
meh, it's not like Camm was any better than Bourque was in Calgary...

at worst we save on Cap space and get a 2nd rounder... and best we get a player that fits the Habs better, save some Cap space and get a 2nd rounder...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 12:32 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

I would have been fine if it was straight up Cammy for Bourque. I'm telling you all that 2nd was gravy.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 12:35 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
Cammalleri in the right team >>> Bourque anyday. If he was paired with a big centerman, and his role was simply to snipe a goal here and there, he'd succeed. People saying Bourque goes in front of the net, exactly what Cammalleri didn't do? k. Thats not what he was brought here to do, that was never his specialty. We realized that he wasn't the proper fit, and he didn't fit with the current mold we have... and we moved him. I'm okay with the return. Bourque will never be a goalie's nightmare during the playoffs, but he'll chip one in here and there. We saved cap space. Decent deal, doesn't mean we have the better player. They do.
See my post above. Along with the 2 rounder and prospect, I actually think we do have the better player, because I think Cammy has permanent shoulder problems. I think this was robbery.

Old
01-26-2012, 12:39 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleky Roks View Post
I really don't understand some Hab fans sometimes!!! They cry and cry about how small the team is and how players are getting paid big money and not putting up points.

We go and get rid of a small, overpaid forward in exchange for a 6'3 winger whos scored more goals for half the price and people still complain!!! Not to mention we got a 2nd round pick and a good prospect too!!!

Cammalleri was small and weak! Since his shoulder injury, he's even smaller and weaker and has no intentions in going into corners and working his butt off or taking hits to make plays. The guy scored 39 goals ONCE and that was playing with Iginla. He'll never likely score 30 goals again in his career because he's fragile and small. Bourque has the size and grit to get into those tough areas to score tough goals....and he's been able to play more games per season.

Any midget with a big enough ego to call his team a bunch of losers and not admit that he was the worst out of the bunch....deserves his walking papers! The fact that we got the same amount of production for half the salary in a much bigger Bourque....makes the trade a no brainer!
Good post dude, but save exclamation marks for War situations!!!

Old
01-26-2012, 12:49 AM
bsl

Quote:
I already like this trade, and have posted my reasons. I don't mean to be racist, but I like Bourque for another reason: He's Metis, half Canadian Native, and half french Canadian. That's a good combo for me. He's a tough kid who grew up in a tough place. Will he be a star? No. But he'll shut his mouth and play.

Old
01-26-2012, 12:51 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post
He's 29. I doubt he's ''gone'' forever. Player for player, he's better than Bourque.

However, the trade saves us cap space, gives us a 2nd rounder and a player that suits our team's needs more. Pretty good deal.
Can you honestly say that with a straight face? Come on be real.

I could get in depth and everything but I will just let you chew on that one for a bit. You might come to your senses.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 01:00 AM
uiCk
GrEmelins

You can't really compare.
They play 2 different types of games. Right now, it seems Bourque by alot, considering how energetic he is, and the strong physical play he brings. But i doubt he's going to be always this motivated, and no doubt he will never get close to what a PO beast cammy was during that ecf run. But maybe bourque will bring his own mark on a future PO run and be one of the deciding reasons of a, or multiple series wins.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 05:55 AM
Subban76

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Can you honestly say that with a straight face? Come on be real.

I could get in depth and everything but I will just let you chew on that one for a bit. You might come to your senses.
And like another poster said, I think Cammy is damaged goods. Always hurt with us, afraid of the action, shouders and knees damaged. Plays with braces on both knees now. Small player that seems very fragile now. Not sure he will ever be great again, so YA, I also think Bourque is now the better player going forward. Chew on that before asking people to come to their senses.

We are not talking about their past records, but the player going forward, and going forward, Bourque >>> Cammy.

Subban76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 06:08 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

Yeah cause 3rd liners play 17:10 a night and score 13 goals over 38 games(pace for 28)...good call!

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 06:30 AM
HeShootsHeScores

Imo, all this team needed was a more talented and faster moen with a scoring touch to give the habs the desperate winning edge that's been missing since the start of the season.

Some of us were harsh toward little #13, but we knew he was actually making the team worse.

So do we suddenly have a team that can do it 20-9-3 till the end of the season?

Me think so.

HeShootsHeScores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 07:28 AM
1UP

So far

Cammalleri: 1 goal, 0 assist, -4 in 5 games
Bourque: 2 goals, 1 assist, +1 in 5 games.

Yeah, hum... yeah. 5 games isn't much, but so far, the numbers (and clearly, what is seen on the ice as far as behavior and good 'ol BALLS are concerned) are in Bourque's favor.

1UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 07:44 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1UP View Post
So far

Yeah, hum... yeah. 5 games isn't much, but so far, the numbers (and clearly, what is seen on the ice as far as behavior and good 'ol BALLS are concerned) are in Bourque's favor.
This is the problem with some people, it's not always about points. Cammalleri could finish the year with more points and it doesn't matter cause besides scoring that goal from time to time he didn't bring anything else to the table.

Bourque plays much harder, goes to the net, battles hard in the corners and along the boards, good speed etc..

For this team he is much more useful then Cammy was

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 08:00 AM
Schooner Guy

Is that idiot disc jockey Tony Maranara (or whatever the non-athlete's name is) still griping that Bourque has one more year than Cammy left on his contract (like it matters given the cap differences)?

I love Bourque's edge. Similar point production to Cammy but a lot less fun to play against than little Cammy and his 4 hits this season (I still can't get over that stat).

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 08:01 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post

Yeah cause 3rd liners play 17:10 a night and score 13 goals over 38 games(pace for 28)...good call!
I forgot points and assists didn't matter too

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 08:02 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1UP View Post
So far

Go read the Calgary thread about it. There's a bunch of "If you've seen the way Cammy has played so far... this was a steal!"

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 08:19 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I think we can stop with this deal, we got a type of player we wanted and needed badly and got rid of a good player but an expensive one as well who didn't produce the way he was paid to

It was a good deal for the Habs going forward, I couldn't care less about Cammy!
I like your aviatar!!!!Loooks like 93 on Roy's jersey.

otto bond is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 08:26 AM
WestIslander

I prefer Bourque, and here are the reasons why:

- Bourque is a big body and goes to the dirty areas to attempt to score
- Bourque will fight and stand up for himself and his team
- Bourque hits and plays physical
- Bourque has 15 goals and might get 20 to 25 this season
- Bourque is not me, myself and Bourque

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote