HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Rene Bourque OR Michael Cammalleri?

View Poll Results: Who would you rather be on the Habs?
Rene Bourque 219 81.72%
Michael Cammalleri 49 18.28%
Voters: 268. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-26-2012, 08:30 AM
poetryinmotion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subban76 View Post
And like another poster said, I think Cammy is damaged goods. Always hurt with us, afraid of the action, shouders and knees damaged. Plays with braces on both knees now. Small player that seems very fragile now. Not sure he will ever be great again, so YA, I also think Bourque is now the better player going forward. Chew on that before asking people to come to their senses.

We are not talking about their past records, but the player going forward, and going forward, Bourque >>> Cammy.
not sure what is is you think I said.... maybe you should re-read my post before going all keyboard warrior.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 08:36 AM
Habbadasher

So, when the trade happened, most posters were against the trade. Now, most are in favour, and just maybe, PG is not an idiot.

Habbadasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 08:53 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
Is that idiot disc jockey Tony Maranara (or whatever the non-athlete's name is) still griping that Bourque has one more year than Cammy left on his contract (like it matters given the cap differences)?

I love Bourque's edge. Similar point production to Cammy but a lot less fun to play against than little Cammy and his 4 hits this season (I still can't get over that stat).
He was a total jerk off on the trade. Did not take one minute to think about it. Just started spouting crap. WRONG dude!

Man. give me back the days of Dick, and Danny, and Red in his prime. Class and knowledge.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 09:19 AM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbadasher View Post
So, when the trade happened, most posters were against the trade. Now, most are in favour, and just maybe, PG is not an idiot.
Aside from signing Markov, Campoli, trading for Kaberle, letting Wiz walk, his moves haven't been bad.

BobbyFischer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 09:25 AM
Patty Roy

Bourque easily. But my opinion probably has more to do with how disgusted i was with Cammalleri's play this year than anything else. But i do like what Bourque's done so far in Montreal.

Patty Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 05:32 PM
Subban76

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
not sure what is is you think I said.... maybe you should re-read my post before going all keyboard warrior.
oops, my bad. I read too fast and got the opposite. Sorry.

Subban76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 06:06 PM
JustAHabFan

Just lookl at how Bourque scored his two goals. The first goal was a rebound from the board to the front of the net. The second goal was off his skate when Gomez pass the puck in front of the net. Bourque paid the price to score the dirty goals in front of the net. Our team need more players like Bourque. The answer is simple: Bourque > Cammy as fas Habs is concerned.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 06:09 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
Aside from signing Markov, Campoli, trading for Kaberle, letting Wiz walk, his moves haven't been bad.
i don't see how campoli is bad move? unless you're somehow affected by his salary

uiCk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 06:49 PM
shutehinside

I have to say that at first I wasn't crazy about the trade because I thought we didn't get enough of a return. So far I'm happy with Bourque but I hope his play continues. He's known to take long stretches off and given his long term contract, he doesn't have a lot to play for in the years to come.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 06:55 PM
Talks to Goalposts

One thing about move I've recently noticed is that it seems to be a trend of Gauthier's GM style in Montreal to try and "buy low" on veterans whose value is lower than its been in the past.

Wisniewski was available because he wanted too much money from the Islanders and was on a cold streak offensively after starting the year hot.

Halpern just came of a bad end of season in LA.

Kaberle had gone from major deadline acquisition to perceived albatross in 6 months.

Bourque was in Calgary's doghouse with a brutal start to the year after being a strong player for them the 3 years before.

Picked Betts off waivers. Unfortuantely he was too injured to keep.

Obviously this is a risky practice as you can end up with an overpaid player on a permanent downswing. But there's upside to that strategy. For one, I really hope that with Kaberle's even strength point binge in Montreal his value will rebound and they can flip him for assets and that Bourque rebounds to a quality second line winger (who would be a bargain on that contract if he plays to that level).

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 06:56 PM
Habiton

Ask me in two years.

Habiton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 07:08 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Cammy. It would be nice to have him now so we could trade him for prospects and picks like we should've the first time around.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 10:09 PM
dcal64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Cammy. It would be nice to have him now so we could trade him for prospects and picks like we should've the first time around.
You mean like Holland and the 2nd round pick

dcal64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 05:17 AM
Subban76

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcal64 View Post
You mean like Holland and the 2nd round pick
He still thinks Cammy could have gotten us a 1st and/or a top propects
He's clueless...

Subban76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 05:25 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Have to go with Bourque, I love Cammy but at his price tag, and the drama that came at the end, I'll take Bouque. Bigger, badder, not as skilled, but fast none the less, and can snipe a few

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 06:24 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subban76 View Post
He still thinks Cammy could have gotten us a 1st and/or a top propects
He's clueless...
I wonder how much he thinks Gomez will get us?

Monctonscout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 06:25 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Yeah cause we didn't get a pick or prospect...

Old
01-27-2012, 06:42 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
i don't see how campoli is bad move? unless you're somehow affected by his salary
Signing Marky: Disaster or brilliant, we'll see.

Campoli: No losses in trade, who cares.

Kaberle: No losses in trade, who cares. Except we would not have him if:

PG signed Wiz: THAT was a ****up. As time goes on, I think Wiz was a serious loss this year. Overpaid? Yes. But the guy would have made a huge diff to our PP, to this point, possibly a 6-8 point difference.

I'm not a PG hater, and the Bourque trade was very good. But man, he ****ed up on wiz.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 06:52 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
meh, it's not like Camm was any better than Bourque was in Calgary...

at worst we save on Cap space and get a 2nd rounder... and best we get a player that fits the Habs better, save some Cap space and get a 2nd rounder...
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
I would have been fine if it was straight up Cammy for Bourque. I'm telling you all that 2nd was gravy.
You guys are forgetting Patrick Holland. This kid may turn out to be the sleeper of the deal. He was invited to the summer evaluation camp this past summer and is a top point getter on his team and in the W.

After the crap storm that Cammalleri stirred up here and his piss poor attitude on the ice, I love this trade and forgive Gauthier for a lotta mistakes that he made.

onice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 07:31 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post

PG signed Wiz: THAT was a ****up. As time goes on, I think Wiz was a serious loss this year. Overpaid? Yes. But the guy would have made a huge diff to our PP, to this point, possibly a 6-8 point difference.

I'm not a PG hater, and the Bourque trade was very good. But man, he ****ed up on wiz.
Wisniewski was let go 1-because he would have costr a fortune and 2-because Markov was supposed to be ready for opening night. He usually came back sooner from injuries than the anticipated date.

Old
01-27-2012, 03:36 PM
Hab-a-maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post

Oh please. Not saying you would, but you know legions of fans would be griping right now about how overpaid he is and how terrible a signing it was. Hell there are even posters on the Habs board who hate the Plekanec signing! This reminds me of 2007 when we didn't sign Souray. There were those who thought we should've dealt him (even though it would've quit on a playoff push as Souray was on his way to 26 goals and a record for PP goals by a d-man) and those who believe we should've re-signed him. Despite one good year, his Edmonton tenure taught us that would've been a mistake. Wiz has done little in Columbus to make me truly regret letting him walk but the only difference this time around is that there's no Streit to fall back on as we did in 07-08 with the league's #1 PP and no Markov to feed pucks. Markov missed all but 7 games last year and yet with Weber, Subban and Wiz manning the point our PP was fine. This year, Markov is MIA and his knee may never be the same, Subban's one-timer has gone belly up and he's on pace for about 1/3 of last year's goal total and some of the forwards are slumping.

Plus the dumbass management keeps forcing Gomez or Darche out there and other vets when it's clear Desharnais, Pacioretty and Cole make the offense tick this year. Their ice time doesn't reflect they're a #1 line or PP unit up front because of an insane desire to spread around ice time to justify contracts. It makes sense they produce well since Desharnais is the team's best passer with Markov out (yes better than Gomez), Pacioretty has a good release and Cole goes to the dirty areas to score. We're not a good team this year but there are signs it could be just a one-year problem and maybe, just maybe the focus is now on building a big, strong team up front that's not boxed out to the perimeter or warded away from the front of the net. Despite being a midget, Gionta is also a guy the Habs have missed a lot since he's been injury-plagued. Unlike Plekanec, Kostitsyn, Cammy and Gomez, this guy actually goes to the net and defies his 5'7 frame. Desharnais reminds me of a playmaking version of Gionta.

Last edited by Hab-a-maniac: 01-27-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 09:40 AM
llamateizer

little update

Cammalleri 6 games 2goals 0 assists -5
Bourque 6 games 2 goals 1 assists +1

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 09:43 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Bourque and Plekanec need a real winger with them, I love AK and Eller together but I wouldn't mind seeing Kostitsyn put with the Plekanec line.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 09:46 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
Bourque and Plekanec need a real winger with them, I love AK and Eller together but I wouldn't mind seeing Kostitsyn put with the Plekanec line.
Are you saying Gomez isn't a natural scoring threat on the wing?

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 09:47 AM
Miller Time

cammy scores a goal from in front of the net???

watch out for flying pigs today

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote