HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Paul Bissonnette/Travis Moen to Vancouver

Old
01-25-2012, 10:11 PM
star king3

vCash: 500
Paul Bissonnette/Travis Moen to Vancouver

What does anyone think about moving these two guys to Vancouver? And what would the price be?

Bissonnette to Vancouver adds some good hard hitting as well as a fighter, allowing the Canucks to stand up to some of the grit they couldn't really handle in the finals. I saw him play 4 times when I was in Phoenix, and every game he was very noticeable on the ice, with big hits, or fights.

Moen is a good grinder who could make himself really affective for the Canucks, he plays physical, and also has some decent offensive ability. I've watched him a few times on TV, and he looks like an ideal fit for the Canucks.

So Nucks fans, do you think the Canucks should go after them?

And everybody, What would it cost Vancouver?

star king3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 10:17 PM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ( ͡ ᴥ͡)

vCash: 50
Biznasty is staying in Phoenix. He's a fan favorite and quite popular because of twitter.

Moen is a realistic target for the Canucks. I'd give up our 2nd and 4th round picks for Moen and Montreal's 3rd round pick.

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 10:19 PM
Syko

Quote:
Originally Posted by star king3 View Post
What does anyone think about moving these two guys to Vancouver? And what would the price be?

Bissonnette to Vancouver adds some good hard hitting as well as a fighter, allowing the Canucks to stand up to some of the grit they couldn't really handle in the finals. I saw him play 4 times when I was in Phoenix, and every game he was very noticeable on the ice, with big hits, or fights.

Moen is a good grinder who could make himself really affective for the Canucks, he plays physical, and also has some decent offensive ability. I've watched him a few times on TV, and he looks like an ideal fit for the Canucks.

So Nucks fans, do you think the Canucks should go after them?

And everybody, What would it cost Vancouver?
Moen, yes. As a Habs fan, I have been very impressed with Moen's play this year.16 points for a grinder, on pace for 27. Not bad. Bissonnette, though, wouldnt improve The Canucks for one reason: He wouldnt play. He doesn't bring any skill to the table. I know Canucks fans will hate me for saying this, but Sean Avery can at least score. IF he comes back on Re-entry, I say claim him.

Syko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 10:21 PM
BC Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHockeyHouse View Post
Moen, yes. As a Habs fan, I have been very impressed with Moen's play this year.16 points for a grinder, on pace for 27. Not bad. Bissonnette, though, wouldnt improve The Canucks for one reason: He wouldnt play. He doesn't bring any skill to the table. I know Canucks fans will hate me for saying this, but Sean Avery can at least score. IF he comes back on Re-entry, I say claim him.
Burrows, Avery and Max? I think HF would implode and a black hole would form.

Moen would be great though and makes me wonder how well Van and Mtl line up as trading partners.

BC Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 11:45 PM
Cup Pursuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Boy View Post
Burrows, Avery and Max? I think HF would implode and a black hole would form.

Moen would be great though and makes me wonder how well Van and Mtl line up as trading partners.
I would like being trading partners with Montreal. I would love to work out a deal for Subban, though I'm sure it's unlikely from a Montreal point of view.

Cup Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 11:54 PM
Sceva Sct
on the edge

Bissonnette could be had for virtually free, Chipchura has replaced him in every way down here.

Sceva Sct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 11:54 PM
ginovegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
Biznasty is staying in Phoenix. He's a fan favorite and quite popular because of twitter.

Moen is a realistic target for the Canucks. I'd give up our 2nd and 4th round picks for Moen and Montreal's 3rd round pick.
Vancouvers 2nd will be close to Montreals 3rd

so you want to give us a 4th plus???

Last edited by ginovegas: 01-26-2012 at 12:01 AM.
ginovegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 11:55 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cup Pursuit View Post
I would like being trading partners with Montreal. I would love to work out a deal for Subban, though I'm sure it's unlikely from a Montreal point of view.
Very unlikeky.

for moen i want a second and 4-5-6th pick.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 12:05 AM
Cogburn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Very unlikeky.

Seems a little high. I would go as high as a 2nd, assuming I'm right about his contract being another year, if there is a bidding war for his services. Not that a 4th-6th round pick were deal breakers, but even the 2nd would be the absolute most I'd not feel completely cheated for if Gillis moved ours for Moen. I'd expect he'd be talking Gauthier down from the price, or at least giving us a rental like Gill for slightly less then market value.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 12:07 AM
cbjerrisgaard
Finger Biter

I don't think trading for Biznasty so he can play a couple regular season games is a great idea lol.

cbjerrisgaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 12:09 AM
Kagee*

Quote:
Very unlikeky.

4th pick done.

Kagee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 12:20 AM
Syko

Quote:
Very unlikeky.

Thats too low. Moen can go as high as a second. Why? He may be a grinder, but hes a leader in the dressing room, he can score occasionally, and fight. Many MSM Habs writers suggest a second rounder could be the right asking price. Hes cheap, doing OK, so the Habs would likely wan't something in return. He's one of those players that you need to be a fan of their team to really realize their value.

I'm not saying he will go for a second, but Montreal doesn't really need to trade him to get better.

Syko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 06:33 AM
BigHabs

Would Vancouver be willing to make a package deal to get Raymond to Montreal?

Moen
Gill
prospect/pick

for

Raymond
Alberts

I am not going to lie its very hard to deal with Vancouver. Most of the wanted players are on the roster, and seem important in what ever role they are playing, from top line to the backup goalie.

Vancouver seems like they are only willing to move picks and prospects. Its very hard in general to get value for Vancouver players IMO, because of how much their fans value everything about their roles.

Except for Weise, Volpatti, Oreskovich, Alberts - which are really only spare parts, and the only parts they are willing to move.

Last edited by BigHabs: 01-26-2012 at 06:42 AM.
BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 07:08 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

For Moen, I either want a solid 4th liner + 3rd or a 2nd. He's just been too good this year.

From Vancouver, I'd take Oreskovich and a 3rd.

I'm in love with the thought of an Oreskovich - White - Blunden line... they would hit HARD.

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 07:47 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

I'd want a 2nd for Moen at the minimum. I'd like to think there'd be just enough suitors that I could play off the likely low-ness of that 2nd (e.g. Vancouver's pick likely being 56th-60th) vs. getting even a tad more if they want to win the "sweepstakes".

But first I'd still be trying to re-sign Moen. If he'd accept $1.75M per for 3 more years, I'd keep him, and you could offer me the 31st pick overall and I'd pass. He's a rock solid contributor, and has the versatility to bounce between the 2nd and 3rd lines for us at times. Habs don't have much size/experienced grit. He's worth a bit of a premium to our team.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 08:25 AM
GoTeamDom

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
For Moen, I either want a solid 4th liner + 3rd or a 2nd. He's just been too good this year.

I'm in love with the thought of an Oreskovich - White - Blunden line... they would hit HARD.
Done from Van if you're willing to take a 2014 3rd. We don't have a 2012 3rd and I think the 2013 one will be kept for offer sheet leverage. Alternatively you can have 2 4th rounders in 2012.

GoTeamDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 08:42 AM
crazyforhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post

that may be thetrick in a hotly bidded contest for moen......oreo can skate and hit..... wont score often though...... where he lost favor with the team is that hes not a fighter and they needed a guy to just jump in and defend the top players.."..

think he would be a good fit for Mon maybe nowhere as good as Moen but thats with a pick to get Mon deeper.

could see it being oreo and second just due to alot of intrest for Moen...... moen plus third if done by week two of feb

crazyforhockey is offline   Reply With Quote