HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

1/24/12 "Frozen Water Landing" - Flyers VS Panthers

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2012, 10:02 AM
Laus723
Future Now

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
I couldn't watch the entire game, but how did Tyson Strachan look?
I thought he looked pretty good, especially considering. He's pretty physical.

01-25-2012, 10:17 AM
jakethesnake23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
I couldn't watch the entire game, but how did Tyson Strachan look?
Agree with Laus, he was surprisingly competent. Maybe lacked a little leg speed - on one particular play Simmonds just effortlessly passed him wide - but overall was physical and good with the puck.

Old
01-25-2012, 10:18 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

I didnt notice him much, a very good sign for a defenseman.

I did notice Gudbranson alot, in a positive fashion. He was more assert more physical. Is it related to Jovo not being there?

Old
01-25-2012, 11:45 AM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

Its possible Gudbranson stepped up his physical game since we were playing the Flyers and the second & third players with the highest hit totals on the team (Skille & Kulikov) were out. I liked it a lot though. He looked angry out there, which is the player I want to see him grow into over his career.

Old
01-25-2012, 11:51 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
Its possible Gudbranson stepped up his physical game since we were playing the Flyers and the second & third players with the highest hit totals on the team (Skille & Kulikov) were out. I liked it a lot though. He looked angry out there, which is the player I want to see him grow into over his career.
Agreed.

If anything, I think thats the player he naturally is, and hes been holding back due to his inexperience.

Old
01-25-2012, 12:24 PM
CatWoman34
Fool on the Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
Loved Guds last night, and was surprised by Strachan as well. I'm really enjoying our D without Jovo, sadly.

---

I hate the SO but liked the effort last night. Glad to see Flash score.

So many other thoughts but honestly, it's just the same old conclusion - keep improving so we can get to the playoffs!

Old
01-25-2012, 04:57 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

it was tough to lose yet another SO, but I didn't expect us to get a pt playing Philly with Clemm in net. Kudos to Clemm for stealing us a pt!

Old
01-26-2012, 03:17 AM
Panthers are Red
Why so sad?

I thought Strachan looked just fine out on the ice, I didn't notice him much and never saw him do anything wrong. He filled Jovo's shoes pretty well because what I did see him doing was shoving a player away from Clemmer after the whistle had gone. Yes that is what I think the main thing Jovo does when he plays for us.

I am liking how Guds is playing now that Jovo is out, he seems to be more aggressive and free to play a bit more how he wants. Maybe the extra ice time he is getting allows him to get more into the game rather than playing a limited amount of minutes on the third pair. Definitely showing signs that he can be a dominant player for this team.

Was very happy to see Flash get a goal and was hopeful that that would be the end of his drought and he could go back to scoring all his chances and then the next one he gets pinged of the iron. Nice to see our top line scoring points again though, so even if one of the, is struggling it won't matter.

How do you guys think Scottie Upshall played? Because I thought he was pretty anonymous.

Old
01-26-2012, 11:17 AM
jakethesnake23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers are Red View Post
I thought Strachan looked just fine out on the ice, I didn't notice him much and never saw him do anything wrong. He filled Jovo's shoes pretty well because what I did see him doing was shoving a player away from Clemmer after the whistle had gone. Yes that is what I think the main thing Jovo does when he plays for us.

I am liking how Guds is playing now that Jovo is out, he seems to be more aggressive and free to play a bit more how he wants. Maybe the extra ice time he is getting allows him to get more into the game rather than playing a limited amount of minutes on the third pair. Definitely showing signs that he can be a dominant player for this team.

Was very happy to see Flash get a goal and was hopeful that that would be the end of his drought and he could go back to scoring all his chances and then the next one he gets pinged of the iron. Nice to see our top line scoring points again though, so even if one of the, is struggling it won't matter.

How do you guys think Scottie Upshall played? Because I thought he was pretty anonymous.
As most posters would agree, pretty invisible, other than the glaring mistakes where he would seem to screw things up; eg, shooting the puck out of play on a dump in, pass the puck to the wrong player, etc. He did make one VERY IMPORTANT plany though; diving full length to interupt a slap shot from one of the Flyers Dmen who was coming in for a very dangerous shot. Was a great defensive play. Unfortunately, hes not playing up to his monetary cost in general.

Old
01-26-2012, 11:42 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakethesnake23 View Post
As most posters would agree, pretty invisible, other than the glaring mistakes where he would seem to screw things up; eg, shooting the puck out of play on a dump in, pass the puck to the wrong player, etc. He did make one VERY IMPORTANT plany though; diving full length to interupt a slap shot from one of the Flyers Dmen who was coming in for a very dangerous shot. Was a great defensive play. Unfortunately, hes not playing up to his monetary cost in general.
Going to reserve judgment on this until he has an opportunity to play 82 healthy games.

Old
01-26-2012, 11:45 AM
JonathanHuberdoh
Maybe.....next year?

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Upshall really sucks. He doesn't even look like a NHLer right now. I've seen his game before and he really isn't this bad.

I don't know if it's just injuries or what but he looks so off. This could turn out to be as bad as the Olesz contract when all is said and done. Hopefully I'm wrong......

Old
01-26-2012, 11:51 AM
jkscott
Florida Panther STH

Upshall looked sickly on tv. He was really pale. Possible that he was sick.

Old
01-26-2012, 01:31 PM
flomarilius

vCash: 515
Nope he wasn't sick I was sitting near where he was out on the ice. Looked healthy and fine to me. Let's be honest he's been anonymous all year even before the injury he wasn't doing much. We found this years version of Frolik!

Closed Thread