HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Lebrun: Canuck and others looking at Moen

Old
01-26-2012, 02:09 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
You're completely off your rocker. Moen is one of the better role players in the NHL.
Since he's not taking faceoffs, no he isn't. His offense is also fairly limited compared to guys like Bolland.

You're way out to lunch.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 02:10 PM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

While I'd like to think Moen would get us a 1st I just don't see it happening. That being said, we gave away a 2nd for Moore who doesn't bring as much as Moen...

The only 1st rounders we can get are those from top ranked teamss given to how low a pick they are and how close they are to being a 2nd rounder.

Sined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 02:12 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
at guys getting bent out of shape about freakin Travis Moen. Oh boy.
I like the guy but if we could get a good prospect or draft pick we should definitely move him.

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 02:13 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post
That would be logical.

Moen is a far better player than White/Blunden, neither could replace his penalty killing/defensive ability.
At the same time the price needs to be reasonable. If re-signing Moen costs 2 mil per year for 3 years, probably not worth it.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 02:15 PM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

vCash: 1744
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
I would not trade him in a million years, not even for Columbus or Edmonton's first round draft pick this season which might land Yakupov or Grigorenko, the reason is because goalies like Price come once every 5 years or more, and there is no way your getting anywhere fast by trading him away.
I would do it in a heart beat. Price is a good goalie with great size but he's gonna command way too much money for what he's worth and it's not like he's been close to winning anything. And there are about 20 goalies that have been playing better hockey than him so far this yr. Championships can be won without great goalies (see Detroit). Also, Montreal always seems to find goalies that play extraordinarily well here so I'm not overly worried about finding a replacement.

The Gal Pals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 02:15 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
At the same time the price needs to be reasonable. If re-signing Moen costs 2 mil per year for 3 years, probably not worth it.
well he is making 1.5 this year, having a carer year. Signed 3 years with us. Why wouldn't he want a deal with more or less 3 years and since he is having a career year he will ask for more money, probably around 2 per year

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 02:17 PM
Habit11

Quote:
Agreed. As long as they find out what his price is before they move him.

Habit11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 02:17 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post
That would be logical.

Moen is a far better player than White/Blunden, neither could replace his penalty killing/defensive ability.
Moen might be better in the PK departement but these guys are younger and this can be learned. You don't keep someone for the penalty kill.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 02:21 PM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

vCash: 1744
Moen needs to get another scoring streak going to up his value a bit.

The Gal Pals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 02:25 PM
Young Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
To Vancouver: Travis Moen + Hal Gill
To Montreal: Alexandre Grenier + 2nd round draft pick in 2012

Alexandre Grenier is a 6'5" RW from the Q! I would love him on the 3rd line with Leblanc in the future.
Man your crazy, what in the hell would the habs do with a guy at 6'5'', the home team dressing room at the bell center is only built for smurfs. LoL

Sounds good to me, where do i sign !!

Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 02:27 PM
Young Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by airic000 View Post
I would do it in a heart beat. Price is a good goalie with great size but he's gonna command way too much money for what he's worth and it's not like he's been close to winning anything. And there are about 20 goalies that have been playing better hockey than him so far this yr. Championships can be won without great goalies (see Detroit). Also, Montreal always seems to find goalies that play extraordinarily well here so I'm not overly worried about finding a replacement.
I'm with you on that, i'd do a trade for price to better the team!! It not like price is tearing it up! He's been average at best, sometimes great and sometimes soft, works out to be average. it's gotten to the point where you really don't know what game he's bringing anymore, not only a game , but what period is he going to play great or poorly in. In other words, not dependable.
One game, winner take all, must be 10 other goalies out there i would pick before taking price as my starter,

hope he plays well at the ASG

Last edited by Young Gun: 01-26-2012 at 02:35 PM.
Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 02:29 PM
Habit11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Moen might be better in the PK departement but these guys are younger and this can be learned. You don't keep someone for the penalty kill.
He's better in every department. Younger isn't an argument in their favour to replace what he does if you ask them to. White is a rookie and Blunden a borderline NHler. If he wants to stay at 1.75 million a season, that's a fair deal, and they should keep him because he's a good role player. I wouldn't overpay him to keep him, but I'd make sure I knew what he wanted before I moved him.

Habit11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 02:34 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

If we trade Moen, a player that i really like, it needs to be for a younger "moen" type of player. For example, if we trade him to LA, i want Clifford. If we trade him to the Blues, i want Ryan Reaves, etc.

'Cause if we trade Moen, we need somebody that can drop the glove from time to time even if White is coming back.

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 02:43 PM
Beakermania*

There are a couple of teams out there who are going to make the playoffs but their PKs suck. Chicago and San Jose to name two. I'd try to extract a huge price from them for a Moen/gill combo which will improve their penalty kill greatly.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 02:44 PM
Picaroon

Love Moen, but he is definitely or most coveted trade piece. Gotta sell high (for once).

Picaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 02:49 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

If we get the right offer, we need to part ways with Moen. He's worth alot more to certain other teams than he is to us right now.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 03:22 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
Since he's not taking faceoffs, no he isn't. His offense is also fairly limited compared to guys like Bolland.

You're way out to lunch.
Bolland isn't a role player, cripes he's a CORE player!

Since when do role player have to be the faceoff guy? MAB and Gill are role players and they never take them...Thornton either...

Old
01-26-2012, 03:24 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
If we trade Moen, a player that i really like, it needs to be for a younger "moen" type of player. For example, if we trade him to LA, i want Clifford. If we trade him to the Blues, i want Ryan Reaves, etc.

'Cause if we trade Moen, we need somebody that can drop the glove from time to time even if White is coming back.
You don't need a "Moen type" coming back if you trade him...take the best value(picks and/or prospects). We have White and Blunden and we can go after Prust or somebody similar in July.

Old
01-26-2012, 03:35 PM
24stanleycups*
24-6=18,goodluck lol

I'll fly to montreal, or newark or new york or LA or columbus or sweden or wherever the **** PG is and slap him right in the teeth if he even thinks of parting with moen.

24stanleycups* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 03:40 PM
We Want The 25
Go Habs Go

best offer gets him hes replacable

We Want The 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 03:42 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24stanleycups View Post
I'll fly to montreal, or newark or new york or LA or columbus or sweden or wherever the **** PG is and slap him right in the teeth if he even thinks of parting with moen.
For the right price he is available. Get Vancouvers 1st and sign him in the offseason.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 03:45 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
well he is making 1.5 this year, having a carer year. Signed 3 years with us. Why wouldn't he want a deal with more or less 3 years and since he is having a career year he will ask for more money, probably around 2 per year
When he signed he was a UFA, re-signing him we would get a home town discount.
When re-signing a player you can't just look at 1 year...he is on pace for 15-16 goals but the last 2 years he got 19 and 16 points. Still don't think he is worth 2 mil.

Old
01-26-2012, 03:52 PM
OpenIceHit

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
For the right price he is available. Get Vancouvers 1st and sign him in the offseason.
I've never heard about a player traded at the trade deadline and signing with his old team the next summer. Has this ever happened?

OpenIceHit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 04:23 PM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post

Agree completely. Reaves is a beast in the size/toughness dept... Clifford less so but maybe the better player.

Good thinking tho ...

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 04:36 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

So that's why Moen is "hurt"? He's been traded.

Best time to trade Moen IMO. He's been very good this year but it's a contract year. Meh about the previous years he's been with us.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote