HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Chief

Old
01-26-2012, 04:50 PM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Atoz View Post
Not only that, Fuzzy used to go on road trips with the Mets. We always guessed that they were all messengers or something but none of us really knew how they afforded all their activities. Now I think that Fuzzy was on at least partial disability for his emotional condition, and only God knows what that is. There were so many bizarre things going on with them. One time we were at a Met game and one of them had a transistor radio to his ear the entire game and he was scoring the Phillies game with a scorecard. We thought that he might be doing it for Strat-o-Matic. But knowing them, it was just strange.
Lol..if you saw Fuzzy's girlfriend..you'd know the reason for that disability!

TonyTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 05:17 PM
Giacomin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Atoz View Post
Not only that, Fuzzy used to go on road trips with the Mets. We always guessed that they were all messengers or something but none of us really knew how they afforded all their activities. Now I think that Fuzzy was on at least partial disability for his emotional condition, and only God knows what that is. There were so many bizarre things going on with them. One time we were at a Met game and one of them had a transistor radio to his ear the entire game and he was scoring the Phillies game with a scorecard. We thought that he might be doing it for Strat-o-Matic. But knowing them, it was just strange.
As a teenager my friends and I used to go to an empty Shea Stadium in the late 70,s and always sat in the upper deck. Fuzzy,Igor, Weber and the rest of the crew provided more entertainment than those Met,s teams Circa 1979. As I got older I saw Fuzzy all the time at the Rangers game and always wondered how he paid for all those games. When I saw him at the Winter Classic I thought the same thing. Fuzzy provided me with a lot of great memories and he looks the same 30 years later.

Giacomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 05:48 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/21/sp...l/21cheer.html

Ih8theislanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 05:57 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheGr8 View Post
Yup. We we're talking to your friend Lou the other night, and he told us that he had the Chief's old seats..I thought that was kinda cool. Really nice guy Lou was, btw. If you have anymore games you're not gonna use this season, let me know. Might be able to come up with the finances!
Yep that's where they were. And yeah he is a good guy. Right now all of our games are gone but if something pops up where someone backs out, I'll let you know

01-26-2012, 08:02 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post

He was a messenger. I don't know if we knew that or we just guessed it.

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 07:28 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
Oh Fuzzy!!! This guy has been a staple at Devils games and it's interesting to hear stories.

Last year he had some sort of foot infection and was homeless..his girlfriend (who is quite scary) would still come to games without him.

cj225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 08:53 AM
Rangers1135

So he went to all NY teams games and Devils games?

Rangers1135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 09:21 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers1135 View Post
So he went to all NY teams games and Devils games?
He's a STH for the Devils.

cj225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 09:45 AM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
Good guy. I have fond memories of him calling into Steve Sommers Late Night Show on WFAN back the late 80s/early 90s. He was part of the older generation of fans who only attended sparingly after 94. He did pass a few years back. He was hardcore. RIP. Part of the Garden History.

Absolutely. "Me here... you... there." or "THE Eddie Scozare?"

Didn't know the Chief personally but going to games in high school I saw him every damn time. Gave him a high 5 every time. Too bad he passed.

Riche16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 09:58 AM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicRat94 View Post
The best part of a Ranger win many a night for me back then was being under the covers when I was supposed to be sleeping, with my walkman (LOL), listening to Captain Midnight taunt the Icelander fans with the soundbites.

Stan FISH-LER

Al -HARBOR

lol... great stuff.

I distinctly remember driving home from the bar after the Game 7 in 1994 and in true old-school radio style, Sommers played "Simply the best" by Tina Turner (not a great song but it was the 1994 team's song unfortunately) intercut with highlight calls of the play-offs.

Having cried like a baby when they won and skated the Cup around, I cried again hearing that song with all those fantastic moments on the way home in the car. Would love to get a copy of that mix... I wonder if it exists somewhere.

Ahhhhh the good old days.

Riche16 is online now   Reply With Quote