HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Devils-Blues

Old
01-26-2012, 11:25 AM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thallis View Post
It should be remembered though, that this was the year of Cormier's nasty hit & suspension. Hit value surely took a hit from that. I'd garner that Schwartz's value now is substantially higher than Cormier's was at the time.
It didn't take a hit however, Lou even said he wanted no part in trading him but he was the main piece of the trade in Dudley's eyes.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl,217765

That is what Dudley thought he was getting.

Lou would get a better package then Dudley so I don't think that should be the gauge. I still think there is 5% chance Lou trades Parise before the deadline.

Also, not having to trade Parise gets him more value. Kovalchuk was going to get traded, everyone knew that so teams could play the waiting game for him. It will take a massive trade offer to get Lou to budge this season.

Last edited by Jason MacIsaac: 01-26-2012 at 11:31 AM.
Jason MacIsaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 11:35 AM
Thallis
We suck again!

vCash: 499
Send a message via MSN to Thallis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac View Post
It didn't take a hit however, Lou even said he wanted no part in trading him but he was the main piece of the trade in Dudley's eyes.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl,217765

That is what Dudley thought he was getting.

Lou would get a better package then Dudley so I don't think that should be the gauge. I still think there is 5% chance Lou trades Parise before the deadline.
I stand corrected then. I don't know if NJ will trade Parise. Earlier in the year I thought and said that there was no chance, but everything floating around has made me less sure of myself. If he is, that second package isaround what I'd see him getting moved for, maybe a bit lower.

Thallis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 12:58 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

vCash: 380
I like the second deal. I think we could probably re-sign too. Ownership should be resolved by the time July 1st hits and he's got some Team USA friends here, including Jamie Langenbrunner who people say he was really close to in NJ.

Devils get a top flight prospect, additional scoring help in D'Agostini, a pretty good young goalie who needs the opportunity and a 2nd pick.

I think this would be a win-win

Dolph Ziggler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 07:38 PM
diehardbluesfan

I would only do the 2nd deal if he agrees on a deal past 5 years, still a little leary on it anyway, a lot to give up for Parise who's on pace for 67 (25G) points. If he was putting up the point totals from 2008-2010 then I would be all over it.

I haven't gotten to see him play though really this year, so if any Devils fans could kind of let us know how he is playing, that'd be awesome too.

diehardbluesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 07:42 PM
CarvinSigX
Meh

Really...You're comparing Cormier to Schwartz? There's not a chance in you know where that Armstrong does those deals. Keep Parise. If the Blues want him, they'll make an offer in the off-season.

CarvinSigX is offline   Reply With Quote