HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Caron is practically handing his job to Fleury

Closed Thread

Old
11-08-2003, 06:52 PM
sundinfan13

vCash: 500
Caron is practically handing his job to Fleury

Does anyone agree? I think there is more pressure on him now then Fluery. Giving up 8 goals will not help the cause.

Old
11-08-2003, 06:57 PM
Koltsov71

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundinfan13
Does anyone agree? I think there is more pressure on him now then Fluery. Giving up 8 goals will not help the cause.
The blame for tonights loss, and most of the goals scored against us, cannot be placed on Caron. It's as simple as that. I thought Caron did his job and played a solid game. It was the other 18 players dressed tonight that deserve the blame.

I agree that allowing 15 or however many goals in the past two games for Caron doesn't look good. But really, it's not his fault. And I think the coach knows that.

Old
11-08-2003, 07:02 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Like I said in another Fleury post, the Penguins goaltenders have to face 10 or so unofficial penalty shots a night. Its completly ridiculous that the GM has done nothing, and I mean nothing to address this teams needs. He continues to dump his stars for players that are not helping his club at all.

Its sad really.

Old
11-08-2003, 07:06 PM
Koltsov71

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
Like I said in another Fleury post, the Penguins goaltenders have to face 10 or so unofficial penalty shots a night. Its completly ridiculous that the GM has done nothing, and I mean nothing to address this teams needs. He continues to dump his stars for players that are not helping his club at all.

Its sad really.
It's also sadly obvious that you don't know the whole story.

Old
11-08-2003, 07:19 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koltsov71
It's also sadly obvious that you don't know the whole story.
Believe me I have heard all about the bad ownership, etc. Still, at some point, the GM must take some blame for the team that he puts out on the ice. Maybe I'm wrong here, but couldn't he deal some prospects for some cheap/reliable d-men. I mean come on.......its ridiculous what your team, regardless of the heart and passion they play with, give up on a consistent basis. I like the Penguins. They have been one of my more favorite teams for a long time, but right now, they have certainly reached an extreme low in their franchise's history.

Old
11-08-2003, 07:22 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:

Its sad really.
Patrick is nothing more than a puppet gm.

Old
11-08-2003, 07:24 PM
Koltsov71

vCash:
Quote:
Believe me I have heard all about the bad ownership, etc. Still, at some point, the GM must take some blame for the team that he puts out on the ice. Maybe I'm wrong here, but couldn't he deal some prospects for some cheap/reliable d-men. I mean come on.......its ridiculous what your team, regardless of the heart and passion they play with, give up on a consistent basis. I like the Penguins. They have been one of my more favorite teams for a long time, but right now, they have certainly reached an extreme low in their franchise's history.
In no way am I condoning what happened on the ice tonight. It was inexcusable.

But your proposition of dealing prospects goes against the entire concept of rebuilding.

Tonight was one game. For the most part, the Penguins have not played this poorly.

Old
11-08-2003, 07:43 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koltsov71
In no way am I condoning what happened on the ice tonight. It was inexcusable.

But your proposition of dealing prospects goes against the entire concept of rebuilding.

Tonight was one game. For the most part, the Penguins have not played this poorly.
I know it goes against the concept of rebuilding, but its sad watching the chances the defense continualy give up.

I know this was the Pens worst performance, but even from the games I have watched where I thought they played great. They continue to give up monster scoring chances that are absolutely inexcusable. A few trades would greatly benifit this team. Is management waiting on Whitney to fix up their blueline....or what?

Old
11-08-2003, 07:55 PM
Koltsov71

vCash:
Quote:
I know it goes against the concept of rebuilding, but its sad watching the chances the defense continualy give up.

I know this was the Pens worst performance, but even from the games I have watched where I thought they played great. They continue to give up monster scoring chances that are absolutely inexcusable. A few trades would greatly benifit this team. Is management waiting on Whitney to fix up their blueline....or what?
I couldn't agree more. A few trades would greatly benefit the Penguins. But who knows when or if we will ever see them. And yes, we are waiting on Whitney. And we are waiting on Welch. And we are waiting on Lupaschuk. Waiting, waiting, waiting.

Old
11-08-2003, 07:58 PM
puskarm

You have to admit he has a point. Where are the young defensemen in the system? Beyond Orpik and Whitney, there aren't any. Lupaschuk might pan out, but the field grows weaker from there.

The Penguins have their issues with previous ownership, management, etc... but Patrick is responsible for drafting and the Pens have been atrocious at it over the past decade.

Beyond that, there have been some *horrible* trades, mainly Markus Naslund, Glen Murray and Sergei Zubov, all of who were traded for next to nothing. And when those men were traded, it was not because of finances.

I think when Lemieux bought this franchise he started from behind the eight ball, and blaming him or the Penguins ownership group for their current troubles is a little unfair. But I'm surprised anyone is defending Craig Patrick.

Old
11-08-2003, 08:16 PM
Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Quote:
Originally Posted by puskarm
You have to admit he has a point. Where are the young defensemen in the system? Beyond Orpik and Whitney, there aren't any. Lupaschuk might pan out, but the field grows weaker from there.

The Penguins have their issues with previous ownership, management, etc... but Patrick is responsible for drafting and the Pens have been atrocious at it over the past decade.

Beyond that, there have been some *horrible* trades, mainly Markus Naslund, Glen Murray and Sergei Zubov, all of who were traded for next to nothing. And when those men were traded, it was not because of finances.

I think when Lemieux bought this franchise he started from behind the eight ball, and blaming him or the Penguins ownership group for their current troubles is a little unfair. But I'm surprised anyone is defending Craig Patrick.
After Whitney, Orpik and Lupaschuk, the Penguins have Welch in the system who could turn out to be the best of those four. They also have Fernholm (6'5" defenseman who was expected to go top 15 in 2002 draft before knee injuries but is recovered from them now), Nemec, Bissonette, Schnieder, Rouleau, Drew Fata, Malenkykh (stay at home who is famous in Russia for his hard hits and could be the next Kasparitis), ect... My point is that Pittsburgh not only has 3 young defencemen with with great upside, they also have very good depth. Add to that list Melichar (24) and Lupaschuk (25) and Pittsburgh looks to have a bright future on the ice, but will it be in Pittsburgh remains to be seen.

Closed Thread