HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012-2013 Season

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-26-2012, 06:21 PM
  #1
HockeyF3ind
Registered User
 
HockeyF3ind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,825
vCash: 500
2012-2013 Season

I realize that many of you still believe we can climb back into contention. No doubt back-to-back wins leads one to believe that, but my feeling is the Cammy trade was already an indication Gautier is looking to next season.

Here's my fantasy team, with the assumption the cap goes up by atleast 2 mil. Pick up Suter, Parise, Doan and Halpern in the off season. Keep all our core youth and contracted players, trade all the vets UFAs for picks.

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Zach Parise ($7.250m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Shane Doan ($3.750m)
Max Pacioretty ($1.625m) / David Desharnais ($0.850m) / Erik Cole ($4.500m)
Andrei Kostitsyn ($3.500m) / Lars Eller ($1.500m) / Brian Gionta ($5.000m)
Louis Leblanc ($1.170m) / Jeff Halpern ($0.825m) / Rene Bourque ($3.333m)
Ryan White ($0.650m)

DEFENSEMEN
Andrei Markov ($5.750m) / Josh Gorges ($3.900m)
Ryan Suter ($5.250m) / P.K. Subban ($3.000m)
Alexei Emelin ($1.250m) / Raphael Diaz ($1.350m)
Yannick Weber ($0.850m)

GOALTENDERS
Carey Price ($4.750m) / Peter Budaj ($1.150m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $66,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $66,203,333; BONUSES: $300,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $96,667

Whats ur team?

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 06:33 PM
  #2
Vi Nc E x13x
Registered User
 
Vi Nc E x13x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyF3ind View Post
I realize that many of you still believe we can climb back into contention. No doubt back-to-back wins leads one to believe that, but my feeling is the Cammy trade was already an indication Gautier is looking to next season.

Here's my fantasy team, with the assumption the cap goes up by atleast 2 mil. Pick up Suter, Parise, Doan and Halpern in the off season. Keep all our core youth and contracted players, trade all the vets UFAs for picks.

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Zach Parise ($7.250m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Shane Doan ($3.750m)
Max Pacioretty ($1.625m) / David Desharnais ($0.850m) / Erik Cole ($4.500m)
Andrei Kostitsyn ($3.500m) / Lars Eller ($1.500m) / Brian Gionta ($5.000m)
Louis Leblanc ($1.170m) / Jeff Halpern ($0.825m) / Rene Bourque ($3.333m)
Ryan White ($0.650m)

DEFENSEMEN
Andrei Markov ($5.750m) / Josh Gorges ($3.900m)
Ryan Suter ($5.250m) / P.K. Subban ($3.000m)
Alexei Emelin ($1.250m) / Raphael Diaz ($1.350m)
Yannick Weber ($0.850m)

GOALTENDERS
Carey Price ($4.750m) / Peter Budaj ($1.150m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $66,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $66,203,333; BONUSES: $300,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $96,667

Whats ur team?
no way you play bourque or leblanc on the 4th line

Vi Nc E x13x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 06:41 PM
  #3
Aceekay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Yellowknife
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,618
vCash: 500
Zach Parise is going to a cup contender. Parise was asked about whether or not he was signing with devils and if not where does he want to go. He said he cares more about being on a team that is competing for the cup year in year out rather than money. Suter will also want more than 5.25

Aceekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 07:27 PM
  #4
Coach Brisebois*
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,146
vCash: 500
CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Erik Cole ($4.500m) / David Desharnais ($0.850m) / Max Pacioretty ($1.625m)
Andrei Kostitsyn ($3.250m) / Lars Eller ($1.575m) / Rene Bourque ($3.333m)
Travis Moen ($2.000m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Brian Gionta ($5.000m)
Ryan White ($0.625m) / Scott Gomez ($7.357m) / Petteri Nokelainen ($0.550m)
/ / Mike Blunden ($0.615m)
edit: switch blunden and nokelainen

DEFENSEMEN
Andrei Markov ($5.750m) / Josh Gorges ($3.900m)
Alexei Emelin ($1.250m) / P.K. Subban ($2.000m)
Tomas Kaberle ($4.250m) / Raphael Diaz ($0.900m)
Yannick Weber ($0.850m)

GOALTENDERS
Carey Price ($4.000m) / Peter Budaj ($1.150m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,330,476; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $3,969,524


Last edited by Coach Brisebois*: 01-26-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Coach Brisebois* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 07:35 PM
  #5
odishabs
Registered User
 
odishabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,949
vCash: 500
Bourque - Plekanec - Doan
Pacioretty - Cammalleri - Cole
LeBlanc - Eller - Gionta
Prust - Nokelainen - White

Markov - Gorges
Emelin - Kaberle
Diaz - Subban

odishabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 07:35 PM
  #6
Captain Saku
Registered User
 
Captain Saku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,752
vCash: 500
As much as I like Cole but if we want to be cup contenders a player like Cole shouldn't be our best scorer especially at 32 yrs old. So I'd do EVERYTHING to sign Parise and try to package Plekanec for a bigger center. Trade or burry Gomez.

As for fedense, I really don't know, it will depend on Markov's form but we would still be soft on defense.

Edit: those who want to sign Doan, LOL, haven't you learned anything from this year's circus regarding english coach? Remember accusations towards Doan and french players few years back?

Captain Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 08:15 PM
  #7
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 27,824
vCash: 50
Awards:
Leblanc should spend at least another year in Hamilton.

__________________
Shawn Wilken,
Head of Hockey Department
LastWordOnSports.com


Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 09:36 PM
  #8
sharks9
Registered User
 
sharks9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 8,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post
Bourque - Plekanec - Doan
Pacioretty - Cammalleri - Cole
LeBlanc - Eller - Gionta
Prust - Nokelainen - White

Markov - Gorges
Emelin - Kaberle
Diaz - Subban
So we're trading Desharnais to Calgary for Cammalleri back and then putting him at centre? Ok then...

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 09:41 PM
  #9
SNM87
Habby Habitants
 
SNM87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
So we're trading Desharnais to Calgary for Cammalleri back and then putting him at centre? Ok then...
yeah....if only people who didn't know anything about hockey didn't post on here....I guess we wouldn't have anyone to laugh at. So thank you all you dummies for making this board humorous.

SNM87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 09:51 PM
  #10
Talks to Goalposts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Leblanc should spend at least another year in Hamilton.
I don't know. I think there's a pretty good chance he'll be third line ready by the start of next season. He handled those minutes just fine during his call up and is doing pretty well in Hamilton this year.

Right now I'd be looking at a positional depth chart like this

LW
Pacioretty
Bourque
Kostitsyn/?
Moen/?
Blunden/Darche/?

C
Plekanec
Desharnais
Eller
Nokelainen/Engqvist/?

RW
Cole
Gionta
Leblanc
White
Palushaj/Gallagher

LD
Markov?
Emelin
?????/Kaberle
St. Denis/Nash/Beaulieu

RD
Subban
Gorges
Diaz
Weber

G
Price
Budaj

But so much depends on what happens at the deadline, the draft and how the Gomez, Kaberle and Markov situations resolve themselves that its pretty difficult to project

Talks to Goalposts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 09:51 PM
  #11
HabsSlappy
Registered User
 
HabsSlappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Brisebois View Post
CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Erik Cole ($4.500m) / David Desharnais ($0.850m) / Max Pacioretty ($1.625m)
Andrei Kostitsyn ($3.250m) / Lars Eller ($1.575m) / Rene Bourque ($3.333m)
Travis Moen ($2.000m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Brian Gionta ($5.000m)
Ryan White ($0.625m) / Scott Gomez ($7.357m) / Petteri Nokelainen ($0.550m)
/ / Mike Blunden ($0.615m)
edit: switch blunden and nokelainen

DEFENSEMEN
Andrei Markov ($5.750m) / Josh Gorges ($3.900m)
Alexei Emelin ($1.250m) / P.K. Subban ($2.000m)
Tomas Kaberle ($4.250m) / Raphael Diaz ($0.900m)
Yannick Weber ($0.850m)

GOALTENDERS
Carey Price ($4.000m) / Peter Budaj ($1.150m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,330,476; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $3,969,524
So basically the same team as this year? That seems to be working out well...

I think this team should be looking at major changes. No option should be dismissed.

It is time to be bold.

HabsSlappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 09:56 PM
  #12
HockeyF3ind
Registered User
 
HockeyF3ind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,825
vCash: 500
Revised based on objections

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Zach Parise ($7.250m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Rene Bourque ($3.333m)
Max Pacioretty ($1.625m) / David Desharnais ($0.850m) / Erik Cole ($4.500m)
Andrei Kostitsyn ($3.500m) / Lars Eller ($1.500m) / Brian Gionta ($5.000m)
Travis Moen ($1.500m) / Jeff Halpern ($0.825m) / Ryan White ($0.650m)
Louis Leblanc ($1.170m)

DEFENSEMEN
Andrei Markov ($5.750m) / Josh Gorges ($3.900m)
Ryan Suter ($6.000m) / P.K. Subban ($3.000m)
Alexei Emelin ($1.250m) / Raphael Diaz ($1.350m)
Yannick Weber ($0.850m)

GOALTENDERS
Carey Price ($4.750m) / Peter Budaj ($1.150m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $66,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,703,333; BONUSES: $300,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,596,667

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 09:59 PM
  #13
SeriousHabs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,661
vCash: 500
In house only, gave raises to a couple of RFAs. Gomez buried. 22 man roster, $6,8M cap space left assuming no cap raise next season.

FORWARDS
Erik Cole ($4.500m) / David Desharnais ($0.850m) / Max Pacioretty ($1.625m)
Rene Bourque ($3.333m) / Lars Eller ($2.000m) / Andrei Kostitsyn ($3.500m)
Mike Blunden ($0.915m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Brian Gionta ($5.000m)
Ryan White ($0.625m) / Andreas Engqvist ($0.900m) / Louis Leblanc ($1.170m)
Aaron Palushaj ($0.883m)

DEFENSEMEN
Andrei Markov ($5.750m) / Josh Gorges ($3.900m)
Alexei Emelin ($1.784m) / P.K. Subban ($3.000m)
Tomas Kaberle ($4.250m) / Raphael Diaz ($1.600m)
/ Yannick Weber ($0.850m)

GOALTENDERS
Peter Budaj ($1.150m) / Carey Price ($5.750m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $57,452,533; BONUSES: $300,000
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $6,847,467

==================================================

If Gauthier doesn't trade for players, next's years lineup should look like this.

I'd like to see a cheap 4th line C and a solid stay at home D added.

Should fight for 8th, as is tradition.

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 10:29 PM
  #14
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Brisebois View Post
CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Erik Cole ($4.500m) / David Desharnais ($0.850m) / Max Pacioretty ($1.625m)
Andrei Kostitsyn ($3.250m) / Lars Eller ($1.575m) / Rene Bourque ($3.333m)
Travis Moen ($2.000m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Brian Gionta ($5.000m)
Ryan White ($0.625m) / Scott Gomez ($7.357m) / Petteri Nokelainen ($0.550m)
/ / Mike Blunden ($0.615m)
edit: switch blunden and nokelainen

DEFENSEMEN
Andrei Markov ($5.750m) / Josh Gorges ($3.900m)
Alexei Emelin ($1.250m) / P.K. Subban ($2.000m)
Tomas Kaberle ($4.250m) / Raphael Diaz ($0.900m)
Yannick Weber ($0.850m)

GOALTENDERS
Carey Price ($4.000m) / Peter Budaj ($1.150m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $60,330,476; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $3,969,524
Something wrong with that center line...

Seriously, I think its time to part ways with Gomez and if we can give Gomez's contract/cap hit to Weber, we should be really really good next season. And if we can get rid of Karbele aswell and use the money to sign another top 9 winger it would be great.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 11:41 PM
  #15
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,805
vCash: 500
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
XXX (or Leblanc) - Eller - Kostitsyn
Oreskovich - White - Blunden
Darche

Markov - Subban
Kaberle - Gorges
Emelin - Diaz
St Denis - Weber

Price
Budaj

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 12:08 AM
  #16
EllertoKostitsynGoal
Registered User
 
EllertoKostitsynGoal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Mtl
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
XXX (or Leblanc) - Eller - Kostitsyn
Oreskovich - White - Blunden
Darche

Markov - Subban
Kaberle - Gorges
Emelin - Diaz
St Denis - Weber

Price
Budaj
If they want Leblanc to start in HAM next year, they should go for Ruutu from Carolina. He would be the perfect compliment to Eller-AK. Solid 30-35 ES pts foward who can bring what Moen brings to that line but with more offence. This could give us 9 fowards who can realistically reach 30+ES pts. If the powerplay doesn't fail us next year, that would be a very good team. No big superstar but it follows a bit the 2010-2011 Flyers/Bruins model. Not sure about the D pairings, I think the Gorges-Subban pair will stick together. Markov-Emelin? Not sure.

EllertoKostitsynGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 12:19 AM
  #17
lou4gehrig
Registered User
 
lou4gehrig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,585
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post
Bourque - Plekanec - Doan
Pacioretty - Cammalleri - Cole
LeBlanc - Eller - Gionta
Prust - Nokelainen - White

Markov - Gorges
Emelin - Kaberle
Diaz - Subban
Wow, can we stop signing old players like Doan (Gionta, Cole) at the tale ends of their careers for big money, when we have 0 chance of winning a cup until we acquire a franchise forward. This is how the mediocrity death spiral is perpetuated.

lou4gehrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 12:22 AM
  #18
Talks to Goalposts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllertoKostitsynGoal View Post
If they want Leblanc to start in HAM next year, they should go for Ruutu from Carolina. He would be the perfect compliment to Eller-AK. Solid 30-35 ES pts foward who can bring what Moen brings to that line but with more offence. This could give us 9 fowards who can realistically reach 30+ES pts. If the powerplay doesn't fail us next year, that would be a very good team. No big superstar but it follows a bit the 2010-2011 Flyers/Bruins model. Not sure about the D pairings, I think the Gorges-Subban pair will stick together. Markov-Emelin? Not sure.
Ruutu would be ideal there but I doubt they can fit him into the salary structure if you're keeping Kostitsyn. Especially since he's going to take a longer term deal and Montreal has to consider Pacioretty and Desharnais likely to be substantial raises the year after.

Sixth offensive winger is a spot on the depth chart that you really want a new young player like one of Leblanc, Palushaj or maybe Gallagher or Kristo filling. You can probably get them up to 30 ES points as a passenger of two established players in a depth role.

Talks to Goalposts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 03:22 AM
  #19
Miller Time
Registered User
 
Miller Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,111
vCash: 500
this again eh...

trades:
Carter/Vermette -for- DD/Gionta/Kaberle/Palushaj/Beaulieu
Moen -for- Best Possible Return
Campoli/Gill - for- BPR
Gomez - for- BPR (or minors)

UFA's:
Gaustad- 3yrs, 2.25M/per
Asham- 1 yr 800k
Allen- 3 yrs, 3M/per


bury or trade Gomez.



FORWARDS
Erik Cole ($4.500m) / Jeff Carter ($5.272m) / Louis Leblanc ($1.170m)
Rene Bourque ($3.333m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Antoine Vermette ($3.750m)
Max Pacioretty ($1.625m) / Lars Eller ($1.900m) / Andrei Kostitsyn ($4.250m)
Mike Blunden ($0.850m) / Paul Gaustad ($2.250m) / Ryan White ($0.825m)
Arron Asham ($0.800m)

DEFENSEMEN
Josh Gorges ($3.900m) / P.K. Subban ($4.750m)
Bryan Allen ($3.000m) / Raphael Diaz ($1.750m)
Alexei Emelin ($1.200m) / Yannick Weber ($0.850m)
Andrei Markov ($5.750m)

GOALTENDERS
Carey Price ($6.000m) / Peter Budaj ($1.150m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,126,060; BONUSES: $300,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $423,940 (not counting cap increase)

not sure if Carter trade is doable, or if UFA signings are reasonable...

but with this roster, Habs CAN/SHOULD compete for top-4 conference spot, and if PO's go well, a cup.

defense a bit weak (youth), but lots of positive improvement potential, fwds are deep/talented, goalie is top-5.

moen/gill/campoli deals should add some solid assets, plus 1st rd pick.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 07:20 AM
  #20
Netro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 813
vCash: 500
Like Jeff Carter, hate the 10 year contract. Not sure I'd want to take that on.

Most of these lines exclude Gomez but realistically, do we think that is going to happen? Yes, his cap will be larger than his salary the next 2 years, which may enhance his trade value but I don't think it makes him tradeable. And do we really think he will be buried in the minors? I'm not so certain. And everyone is talking about a potential one time buyout with no cap hit with the new CBA but that is an unknown. So, my gut tells me that Gomez will be a Hab next year and as such, I don't think any line combo without him seems to be fantasy.

I, for one, am not a Gomez hater like most. I know he is in an incredible slump but with the exception of one season, has never been a goal scorer. Worth his contract, heck no, no one is and definitely a player to move because of the contract.

I'm loving Eller, he is a player this team needs to keep. I expect Pleks to bounce back next season. The best trade chip may be DD, who is putting up numbers but his size and defensive play is a concern.

Netro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 07:50 AM
  #21
WestIslander
Registered User
 
WestIslander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,333
vCash: 500
I want to re-build so I think we should look like this next season...

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta (C)
Penner - Eller - Leblanc
White - Prust - Palushaj

Markov (A) - Emelin
Gorges (A) - Subban
Sutton - Diaz

Price
Budaj

Trade: Kostitsyn, Moen, Kaberle, Campoli, Kaberle and Gill
Do not sign: Darche, Nokelainen
Waive: Gomez
Draft: Galchenyuk, Gaunce and/or Collberg

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 08:20 AM
  #22
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred
 
habs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,671
vCash: 500
Tell me that lineup isn't a contending team? No true number "1 line", but I see 3 "2nd lines", same on D, no true 1st pairing, but 3 good top 4 pairings.


CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Rene Bourque ($3.333m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Brian Gionta ($5.000m)
Max Pacioretty ($1.625m) / David Desharnais ($0.850m) / Erik Cole ($4.500m)
Tuomo Ruutu ($4.500m) / Lars Eller ($1.500m) / Andrei Kostitsyn ($4.000m)
Brandon Prust ($1.250m) / Ryan White ($0.625m) / Mike Blunden ($0.615m)

DEFENSEMEN
Andrei Markov ($5.750m) / Josh Gorges ($3.900m)
Tim Gleason ($3.500m) / P.K. Subban ($3.000m)
Tomas Kaberle ($4.250m / Alexei Emelin ($1.250m)
Raphael Diaz ($1.250m) / Yannick Weber ($0.850m)

GOALTENDERS
Peter Budaj ($1.150m) / Carey Price ($5.500m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,198,333; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,101,666

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 08:35 AM
  #23
SeriousHabs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Tell me that lineup isn't a contending team? No true number "1 line", but I see 3 "2nd lines", same on D, no true 1st pairing, but 3 good top 4 pairings.


CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Rene Bourque ($3.333m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Brian Gionta ($5.000m)
Max Pacioretty ($1.625m) / David Desharnais ($0.850m) / Erik Cole ($4.500m)
Tuomo Ruutu ($4.500m) / Lars Eller ($1.500m) / Andrei Kostitsyn ($4.000m)
Brandon Prust ($1.250m) / Ryan White ($0.625m) / Mike Blunden ($0.615m)

DEFENSEMEN
Andrei Markov ($5.750m) / Josh Gorges ($3.900m)
Tim Gleason ($3.500m) / P.K. Subban ($3.000m)
Tomas Kaberle ($4.250m / Alexei Emelin ($1.250m)
Raphael Diaz ($1.250m) / Yannick Weber ($0.850m)

GOALTENDERS
Peter Budaj ($1.150m) / Carey Price ($5.500m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,198,333; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,101,666
That is a team that will contend for the 8th place. In fact, it is this year's team, and that team is contending for a lottery pick.

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 08:39 AM
  #24
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred
 
habs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
That is a team that will contend for the 8th place. In fact, it is this year's team, and that team is contending for a lottery pick.
Disagree, you add Gionta who wasn't played much this season, who is good for 27-30 goals. You add Ruutu who should be good for 20-25 goals. And you upgrade your D with Gleason instead of Gill. Hate him all you hate put you have Kaberle for a full year instead of Spacek. And you add Markov you add Markov.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 08:46 AM
  #25
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,805
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
That is a team that will contend for the 8th place. In fact, it is this year's team, and that team is contending for a lottery pick.
You take away Cammalleri. You add in a *hopefully* healthy Gionta. Bourque brings so much to that line.

Add a good third line winger (or hope Leblanc plays well there).

Desharnais, Eller, and Pacioretty will gained more experience (Desharnais could potentially hit 70 points next year, IMO).

Same goes for Emelin and Diaz.

A healthy Markov (look how bad the Wings looked with Lidstrom - it looked like they were a terrible team) will improve our team, even if he's not quite at the same level as before.

Kaberle will produce more with Markov on the PP, IMO.

Bourque will fit in fully (and I think his "lack of effort" won't exist much in Montreal because he's not going to let himself get attacked constantly).

Price will have a better year with a defense with more experience and Markov back.

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.