HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

George Richards @OnFrozenPond KULIKOV OUT 2 MONTHS DUE TO KNEE

Old
01-24-2012, 02:34 PM
Sam I Am

vCash: 500
With Jovo and Kulikov out long-term, I suspect Tallon will go shopping.

Montreal and Florida match up well. Panthers need help on the blue-line and the Habs could shed players for picks or prospects, especially at the center position where the Panthers are flush.

We're not talking block-buster here--simply low-cost trades to keep the Panthers in the race until some guys come back.

Anybody interested in:

Hal Gill
Chris Campoli
Yannick Weber

Sam I Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 02:40 PM
PanthersHockey1
Bond.

am i the only one who doesnt think this is really a big deal. The key is how long jovo is out. But just bury strachan on the bottom pairing. And increase ice time for campbell, garrison, and weaver.

the team's big hole is still offense and thats what tallon need to address.

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 03:29 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Sucks... Hoping Robak gets a shot.. On the flip side, I'm really excited to see how Guds and Ellerby play

Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 03:49 PM
Panthers are Red
Why so sad?

Wouldn't bringing Robak up cause problems for the Rampage? I thought they could only have a certain number of players who were deemed veterans on the team at a time and were already playing with only 5D at some points because of that.

Panthers are Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 04:05 PM
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here

Gudbranson and Ellerby really gotta step it up now.

AaronEkbald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 04:06 PM
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudbranson4Prez View Post
Sucks... Hoping Robak gets a shot.. On the flip side, I'm really excited to see how Guds and Ellerby play
Robak's too important to SA

AaronEkbald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 04:25 PM
NJ_CATS_FAN
We Suck Yet Again

Can this team ever catch a ****ing break? Unbelievable.

NJ_CATS_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 05:01 PM
Frek
WE SEE RED!

We went through a period of losing all our forwards. Now it's the D's turn?

Seriously? This one hurts. I don't think we should go crazy and trade away picks though.

Frek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 05:27 PM
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
Rather risk playing with Robak and give him experience from the NHL level, than some player that won't be an NHL player and is just a step-in. Robak has more points and a way better +/-. Give us Robak!!!!
For all we know Robak could be a sieve defensively. Remember Garrison's and Ellerby's first games? He's still a very young d-man. I'm not a fan of bringing him in at this point. Not good for the player or the team IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersflames1 View Post
am i the only one who doesnt think this is really a big deal. The key is how long jovo is out. But just bury strachan on the bottom pairing. And increase ice time for campbell, garrison, and weaver.

the team's big hole is still offense and thats what tallon need to address.
It's a big deal. Gud or Ellerby is gonna be the anchor on the 2nd pairing now. Weaver has been awful the last few games. If we ride Campbell and Garrison too much they are going to get burnt out, that's not what we want. Jovo is scheduled to be back in early March at the earliest.

In addition to bringing very good defensive play Kuli is also our 2nd best d-man offensively. We are going to miss his contributions in that regard, especially in transition. It's a big loss. Our forwards are going to have to work that much harder now to get the puck through the neutral zone.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 05:55 PM
KittysGotClaws
We See Red

Yeah, I'm in the train of thought that Campbell was ridden too hard to start the year. This isn't going to help that. Now I guess we'll be seeing Campbell - Garrison on the top unit of the PP too.

KittysGotClaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 07:10 PM
Erick

WTF? I just saw this. Terrible news.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 05:14 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Crap! Well, at least he'd be back in time for the playoffs if we are still in the running. Wouldn't mind trading for Subban! He's been having a tough time with the Canadian media lately.

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 01:27 PM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

On Tues afternoon I was working on my house, listening to XM radio. Usually when I eat lunch I turn it to NHL Radio to hear some talking (need a break from the rock (Going to see Tool tonight btw)). This day I was lucky enough to catch GR on as a guest for about 10 minutes.

Basically he said:

- Kuli is out 2 months. It happened @ the Winnipeg game @ the end of the 2nd. He stayed in the game and played 8 shift in the 3rd, and a couple more in OT. Soreness after the game, X-rays showed he needed surgery.

- Because of this will be looking at a depth Dman. He said secondary scoring is an issue, but with so many players coming back from injury up front, might wait and see what we really have before a trade is made. The team is not willing to sell the farm right now for a quick fix, but maybe a minor trade for a Dman might be done (which I see today, trade for Sullivan, be the fix). The team believes it's goaltending is good, so no interest there.

- Versteeg was getting a message from Dineen the other night with his benching against the Penguins. He was sat for the period. A message was sent to Versteeg that for once in his career he is a true 1st line guy in the league, not a secondary scorer. He has to go out and lead his team offensively.

Also believes the teams 11OTL/SOL are not a problem. He said at the start of the year it wasn't the old Panthers, as they were coming back from being down in games (ie. New Jersey game.) Mentioned that the Avalanche game was more of a flukier one this season. Panthers were up by 2 goals in the third and had numerous chances to make it 4-1. Got some unlucky bounces and the game went to OT; Av's winning on a goal Thedore would of had most nights. He said the team wasn't worried about these recent OTL/SOL. They feel like they are in more games than they are out of.

Nice to hear him on the radio. I don't hear him as much as I like to. Only other thing I can think of is he mentioned the Dolphins are looking at trading for an elite QB this off-season, whether it was Luck or #18. I wasn't really listening because it was Dolphin talk! (But that's for another thread...)

PantherboyHTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 10:12 PM
16Skippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherboyHTR View Post
On Tues afternoon I was working on my house, listening to XM radio. Usually when I eat lunch I turn it to NHL Radio to hear some talking (need a break from the rock (Going to see Tool tonight btw)). This day I was lucky enough to catch GR on as a guest for about 10 minutes.

Basically he said:

- Kuli is out 2 months. It happened @ the Winnipeg game @ the end of the 2nd. He stayed in the game and played 8 shift in the 3rd, and a couple more in OT. Soreness after the game, X-rays showed he needed surgery.

- Because of this will be looking at a depth Dman. He said secondary scoring is an issue, but with so many players coming back from injury up front, might wait and see what we really have before a trade is made. The team is not willing to sell the farm right now for a quick fix, but maybe a minor trade for a Dman might be done (which I see today, trade for Sullivan, be the fix). The team believes it's goaltending is good, so no interest there.

- Versteeg was getting a message from Dineen the other night with his benching against the Penguins. He was sat for the period. A message was sent to Versteeg that for once in his career he is a true 1st line guy in the league, not a secondary scorer. He has to go out and lead his team offensively.

Also believes the teams 11OTL/SOL are not a problem. He said at the start of the year it wasn't the old Panthers, as they were coming back from being down in games (ie. New Jersey game.) Mentioned that the Avalanche game was more of a flukier one this season. Panthers were up by 2 goals in the third and had numerous chances to make it 4-1. Got some unlucky bounces and the game went to OT; Av's winning on a goal Thedore would of had most nights. He said the team wasn't worried about these recent OTL/SOL. They feel like they are in more games than they are out of.

Nice to hear him on the radio. I don't hear him as much as I like to. Only other thing I can think of is he mentioned the Dolphins are looking at trading for an elite QB this off-season, whether it was Luck or #18. I wasn't really listening because it was Dolphin talk! (But that's for another thread...)
Thanks or the updates, and holy **** I'm jealous you're seeing Tool

16Skippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 07:22 PM
CanadianPantherFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
I wouldnt mind seeing Robak brought up now. He is our most talented Dman in SA, which isnt really saying much though, and his offensive talent should ease the loss of Kuli. I just really dont understand how we get so many injuries EVERY SINGLE SEASON!?!?!? Do we need to upgrade our medical staff? Or maybe our strength and conditioning team?
YES YES YES! It's his time.

CanadianPantherFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 11:59 PM
jol

What happened to Kulikov's knee, it required surgery but what's damaged?

JOL

jol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 02:00 AM
5 Hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16Skippy View Post
I'm jealous you're seeing Tool
Yawn. Play the album. Same thing.

5 Hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 06:39 AM
Boooooth10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jol View Post
What happened to Kulikov's knee, it required surgery but what's damaged?

JOL
GR or Fialkov mentioned it's been bothering him for over 5 years. Don't know why they waited so long to take care of it.

Boooooth10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 08:18 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
GR or Fialkov mentioned it's been bothering him for over 5 years. Don't know why they waited so long to take care of it.
Yes curious why this wasn't attended to offseason...

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 04:17 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

Players really have to stop hiding their injuries. They can cause more harm than good down the line if it's not treated. Now, we're without him for two months because this wasn't reported during the offseason before.

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 08:09 AM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
I wouldnt mind seeing Robak brought up now. He is our most talented Dman in SA, which isnt really saying much though, and his offensive talent should ease the loss of Kuli. I just really dont understand how we get so many injuries EVERY SINGLE SEASON!?!?!? Do we need to upgrade our medical staff? Or maybe our strength and conditioning team?
The Panthers have encouraged me to upgrade my medical staff in my Be a GM on Ea NHL 12.

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 02:34 PM
ShootIt

Has it been 6 weeks yet?

Damn, 5 more to go.

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 02:46 AM
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Hole View Post
Yawn. Play the album. Same thing.
Uh, no sir. Tool is an incredible show.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 11:29 AM
Sam I Am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
Crap! Well, at least he'd be back in time for the playoffs if we are still in the running. Wouldn't mind trading for Subban! He's been having a tough time with the Canadian media lately.
Well, if you want the Habs to listen you'd better bring Huberdeau to the table.

Sam I Am is offline   Reply With Quote