HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Brunet Gives Timmins some love (disses french media?)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-26-2012, 10:44 PM
  #26
Talks to Goalposts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
I hope they fired Timmins, he never drafted a star player...
Price? Subban?

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 10:44 PM
  #27
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
Price? Subban?
It's a trap. Don't bother.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 10:45 PM
  #28
HH
GO HABS GO!
 
HH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
Claude Giroux or David Fisher?
Ryan Getzlaf or AK?
Esposito or McDonagh
Veilleux or Subban
Price or Brule

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 10:46 PM
  #29
pine
irregistered user
 
pine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Singapore
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,452
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Esposito or McDonagh
Veilleux or Subban
Price or Brule
Esposito, Veilleux and Brule. AINEC.

pine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 10:59 PM
  #30
WeeBey
Registered User
 
WeeBey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
Claude Giroux or David Fisher?
Ryan Getzlaf or AK?
:

Are those the only two examples you can come up with?

Lots of teams passed on Claude Giroux. 21 teams to be exact. Should they all fire their respective scouting teams?

Going into the draft AK was one of the most highly touted players. He was one of the youngest players to play at the WJC (15 years old) and was the third ranked European skater going into the draft. A lot of experts were saying he could contend for a place in the top-5 had it not been for his epilepsy.

What about 2007 though, when Timmins picked Pacioretty, Subban and McDonough all within the first two rounds? Or in 2005, where 4/7 of his picks ended up playing more than 200 games, including his 6th and 7th round picks. See, I can pick and choose which information I share and which I don't.

There's no excuse for such shoddy commentary man, not in the age of the internet. All the info you could ever want to know about the draft is just a few clicks away. Do some research next time you want to come in here.

WeeBey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 11:05 PM
  #31
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeBey View Post
:

Are those the only two examples you can come up with?

Lots of teams passed on Claude Giroux. 21 teams to be exact. Should they all fire their respective scouting teams?

Going into the draft AK was one of the most highly touted players. He was one of the youngest players to play at the WJC (15 years old) and was the third ranked European skater going into the draft. A lot of experts were saying he could contend for a place in the top-5 had it not been for his epilepsy.

What about 2007 though, when Timmins picked Pacioretty, Subban and McDonough all within the first two rounds? Or in 2005, where 4/7 of his picks ended up playing more than 200 games, including his 6th and 7th round picks. See, I can pick and choose which information I share and which I don't.

There's no excuse for such shoddy commentary man, not in the age of the internet. All the info you could ever want to know about the draft is just a few clicks away. Do some research next time you want to come in here.
What's wrong with you and your facts.

patofqc is all about cliches and stuffs you hear on l'antichambre. He admire Rejean Tremblay.. so you get the idea of the kind of poster that guy is.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 11:05 PM
  #32
Patofqc
Registered User
 
Patofqc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,282
vCash: 500
Timmins as done such a great job at scouting that we are way down in the standings and have no offensive star. This guy is a failure... fire him already.

Patofqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 11:11 PM
  #33
Maitz
Pachy-Gally-Collby
 
Maitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
I don't recall Gaston Therrien on draft day gushing over these two guys over the guys the Habs drafted, the same way I recall Therrien blasting the Gallagher pick even though he didn't know who he was and all because he was drafted over future superstar Jonathan Brunelle.
I remember perfectly this moment, he said '' Timmins will pick another from the West or an American instead of a young quebecer''. When they picked Gallagher he made a face like he knew it and its stupid and said '' Galla.. Gal..Gallagher and other guy from BC tsssss... ''. And in the WJC this year he kept saying how good was the pick back in 2010. He is an A.s.s.Hole

Maitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 11:11 PM
  #34
HH
GO HABS GO!
 
HH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
Timmins as done such a great job at scouting that we are way down in the standings and have no offensive star. This guy is a failure... fire him already.
Seriously. No one likes you, stop posting.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 11:12 PM
  #35
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 20,864
vCash: 500
Can't believe people still try to argue with Patofqc..
Guy is either a troll or a noob..

He admires R.Tremblay for the love of god...loll

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 11:12 PM
  #36
Patofqc
Registered User
 
Patofqc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,282
vCash: 500
Funny how when you have a different view here some people become agressive and start the personal attack... I like RT expression for you guys... TaliFan...

Patofqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 11:13 PM
  #37
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,038
vCash: 500
Timmins for a 1st and 2nd

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 11:14 PM
  #38
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
^^I dont agree with Patofqc on Timmins, but I agree on that one.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 11:15 PM
  #39
WeeBey
Registered User
 
WeeBey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
Funny how when you have a different view here some people become agressive and start the personal attack... I like RT expression for you guys... TaliFan...
If I went to the Bruins board and start saying "DOODS, chara SUX, send him to da minerz" no one would like me there either.

WeeBey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 11:16 PM
  #40
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 17,746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jessiman View Post
Clean house... and keep Timmins.
Yup. Timmins is the man. He's been excellent and while I hope the club starts over from the top down, Timmins is the one guy who shouldn't be going anywhere. He's done a great job for us.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 11:18 PM
  #41
Vasculio
Booya !
 
Vasculio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: La Tuque
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
Funny how when you have a different view here some people become agressive and start the personal attack... I like RT expression for you guys... TaliFan...
If only your 'different' view was plausible or intelligent, ok, but, well, you're just a troll.

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 11:18 PM
  #42
Patofqc
Registered User
 
Patofqc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeBey View Post
If I went to the Bruins board and start saying "DOODS, chara SUX, send him to da minerz" no one would like me there either.
I am a Habs fan... as far as i know there still isnt an NHL team in Quebec City, the only team in the province of Quebec is the Habs so i root for them. Hence my desire for them to be better. To do that in my humble opinion you have to get rid of a lot of people, like Timmins. But i love guys like DD, Patch, Cole, Subban etc...

Patofqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 11:21 PM
  #43
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Can't believe people still try to argue with Patofqc..
Guy is either a troll or a noob..

He admires R.Tremblay for the love of god...loll
Yeah. I think I'll just ignore him from now on.. but man he's good at getting on my nerves with his borderline troll post.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 11:23 PM
  #44
WeeBey
Registered User
 
WeeBey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
I am a Habs fan... as far as i know there still isnt an NHL team in Quebec City, the only team in the province of Quebec is the Habs so i root for them. Hence my desire for them to be better. To do that in my humble opinion you have to get rid of a lot of people, like Timmins. But i love guys like DD, Patch, Cole, Subban etc...
And if you knew anything/bothered to do a little research, you'd realize that Timmins has done a pretty damn good job at drafting players. The team WOULD be better if Gainey/Gauthier knew a thing or two about asset management and didn't trade away all the good young players (that Timmins picked) at the first sign of trouble.

WeeBey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 11:27 PM
  #45
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic
 
Captain Smurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Thornhill, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
Timmins as done such a great job at scouting that we are way down in the standings and have no offensive star. This guy is a failure... fire him already.
Its not his fault our management keeps trading away our young talent for nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
Funny how when you have a different view here some people become agressive and start the personal attack... I like RT expression for you guys... TaliFan...
It would help if you actually justified your opinion instead of just repeating it. If you have nothing of substance to add, then don't troll.


Last edited by hototogisu: 01-27-2012 at 10:24 AM.
Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 11:34 PM
  #46
WeeBey
Registered User
 
WeeBey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,732
vCash: 500
It's also ironic that he says he loves guys like "DD (scouted by Timmins), Cole, Patches (scouted by Timmins) and Subban (scouted by...you guessed it, Timmins!)

WeeBey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 11:37 PM
  #47
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Patofqc is entertaining, a breath of fresh air on this board IMO.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 09:29 AM
  #48
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,343
vCash: 500
Good job by Brunet putting everyone in their place. Sure Timmins has missed a few here and there so have every other GM's and Timmins still has the best % over the last couple of years. It's not Timmins fault the Habs GM's have been a little incompetent in the last few years trading away some solid young players

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 09:35 AM
  #49
7th Player
Registered User
 
7th Player's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,953
vCash: 500
And to boot, the Canadiens haven't given Timmins quantity or quality in the past couple of years.

In the last 4 draft years, only 4 top-2 round selections!

7th Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 09:42 AM
  #50
onice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,998
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
I hope they fired Timmins, he never drafted a star player...
Your avatar says it all. I hope they return soon enough so I don't have to read asinine comments like this one.

A few weeks ago, i did a quick survey of every team's scouting staff between 2003 and 2007. The Habs had more prospects from those years make it to the NHL than any other team. They had 17 players. The closest team was Philly with 9.

As for your ignore comment: here's my answer Subban, halak, Price, McDonagh, maybe Pacioretty.


Last edited by hototogisu: 01-27-2012 at 10:25 AM.
onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.