HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Miscellaneous NHL Discussion including Fantasy Talk, #13

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2012, 08:45 AM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 50
You would think Voynov would have to be included in the deal. But i'm not so sure LA would want to do that. Also, I think CBJ might take Bernier, Loki, and the 1st though. Though I think they may push for Voynov to be included.

Old
01-26-2012, 09:31 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

vCash: 500
LOL..basically what they gave up for an overrated player....again thanks Howson for buying high...good luck selling high a second time around for an injury prone ...then again a sucker is born every minute...

Quote:
Darren Dreger TSN video link: Blue Jackets forward Jeff Carter is 100% available, but his contract could be an issue for most teams. The Maple Leafs are not interested in Carter, nor have they talked to Columbus about him. Carter has a cap hit $5.27 million for the next 10 years. The Blue Jackets would need at least a 1st round pick and a good young roster player in return.

Last edited by FreshPerspective: 01-26-2012 at 12:00 PM. Reason: clean up
Old
01-26-2012, 10:33 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Seems Columbus would trade Carter to LA....it would help them with offense

We should try and make a deal with LA for one of their D men like Johnson..heck swap goalies (Bernier) and ship Bryz back West...

Actually...we'll give them Schenn back and get Johnson...how ironic would that be

Quote:
Written by Dennis Bernstein of TheFourthPeriod.com and can be found on twitter at @DennisTFP

Needs: Nothing but a scorer will do. Although ranked last in offense, Los Angeles is in the top eight in the West due to the stellar work by goaltender Jonathan Quick, the team’s clear cut MVP. With 20 of the Kings final 32 games on the road, their margin for error is miniscule and they must deal for a top six finishing forward in order to qualify for the post season. With the heat on GM Dean Lombardi from ownership to win now, he will likely have to broker a blockbuster along the line of the Mike Richards trade to overcome the lack of production from Dustin Penner and Jarret Stoll, a natural center shuttled to the wing on the second line but unproductive.

In order to bring back a player of that caliber, the Kings will have to deal from their strength, defense and goaltending with Jack Johnson and Jonathan Bernier the assets being offered to the market. While they’d take a producer on either wing, the gaping hole that exists on the left side has not been filled since the departure of Ryan Smyth over the summer. They have over $ 3 million of cap space availability, so to bring in a high priced player for half a season is doable even without a roster player departing. Injured Simon Gagne is not close to being ready and there is increasing talk that he will be landing on Long Term Injured Reserve prior to the deadline for further cap relief. There is some chatter of interest in New Jersey’s Zach Parise given the Devils reported precarious financial standing but the cost of Dustin Brown and Bernier may only occur if Kings drop out of the top eight in the next month.

Last edited by FreshPerspective: 01-26-2012 at 12:00 PM.
Old
01-26-2012, 12:03 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Curious I know the likelyhood is probably very unlikely but still

Would Carter fit with Sharp/Hossa in Chicago?

Sharp and Carter might conflict but Hossa has become more a playmaker not scorer and could be guy who feeds Sharp/Carter enough pucks to make it work. Carter's D is solid so that would be a good aspect of putting him with two other good D players (Actually I would say Hossa is best defensive winger in game IMO)

Sharp-Carter-Hossa as a 2nd line would be pretty damn amazing to throw at opponents

Old
01-26-2012, 12:12 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post

Sharp and Carter might conflict but Hossa has become more a playmaker not scorer and could be guy who feeds Sharp/Carter enough pucks to make it work. Carter's D is solid so that would be a good aspect of putting him with two other good D players (Actually I would say Hossa is best defensive winger in game IMO)

Sharp-Carter-Hossa as a 2nd line would be pretty damn amazing to throw at opponents
Can they take in his contract?

Old
01-26-2012, 12:38 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Dude, with Carter, LA would be a HUGE team. Kopitar, Carter, Penner, Brown and so on.
yeah all that size and they still suck offensively.

Old
01-26-2012, 12:42 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
dont all 3 players like having the puck on their stick? Well we all know Carter does.

Old
01-26-2012, 12:53 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
dont all 3 players like having the puck on their stick? Well we all know Carter does.
Yes ,, But Hossa IMO is becoming more a playmaker (Yeah I know he still has 20 goals this year) but he tries to set things up

+ Sharp last year was coming off his most assists and isn't a very selfish player. He prefers more to set up and snipe so I dont think Carter carrying puck would be too much of an issue there

Sharp = Finisher
Hossa = Playmaker
Carter =?

Old
01-26-2012, 12:56 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
Can they take in his contract?
For next couple of years it wouldn't be issue. Big issue would be when Kane/Toews become UFA's but several other deals (Bolland/Hammer/Crawford , etc) expire before that so costs shouldn't be too much

Although the idea of adding another mega contract with Hossa/Keith career contracts and likely future Toews/Kane down line would probably cause some issues for Hawks or at least some pause

Just sick of Hawks not having a #2 C

Kruger isn't a #2 C (At least not now)
Pirri is a rookie
Kane is not a good fit and is better at wing
Frolik sucks offensively and is a winger

Sharp for some reason doesn't want to play C anymore

Hawks need a damn #2 C

Old
01-26-2012, 12:59 PM
thelos
Bunk

Carter would probably work great with Hossa. Both have great speed and skill. (Carter played great with Giroux and with Briere before) If you guys somehow got him, it would probably make more sense to do something like this:

Sharp-Toews-Kane
Stalberg-Carter-Hossa (amazing speed and two way play from this line)

Old
01-26-2012, 02:21 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:

I think CBJ would be looking for a future #1 goalie in that deal, and I don't think CHI could supply that. What would Chicago give up for Carter? Plus factor in that Carcillo may do this:

Old
01-26-2012, 11:26 PM
Prongo
Beer

There is a rumor on the main board that Corey Perry is going to be traded to the Canucks. This can NOT be true!

Old
01-26-2012, 11:34 PM
NewYorkFlyerFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
There is a rumor on the main board that Corey Perry is going to be traded to the Canucks. This can NOT be true!
I'm having a hard time believing it. Simply because the price seems to low IMO. But if true that'd be a huge get for the Canucks

Quote:
According to the ex-NHL player Patrice Brisebois, there would be a trade in the works sending Corey Perry to the Vancouver Canucks in exchange for Cory Schneider, Mason Raymond and Keith Ballard.

Old
01-26-2012, 11:37 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkFlyerFan View Post
I'm having a hard time believing it. Simply because the price seems to low IMO. But if true that'd be a huge get for the Canucks
yea, also the rumored players involved would also put Anaheim over the contract limit

Old
01-26-2012, 11:39 PM
NewYorkFlyerFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
yea, also the rumored players involved would also put Anaheim over the contract limit
Do you know by how many? Maybe flip Hiller somewhere for picks??? Quite a few teams could use a goalie.

Old
01-26-2012, 11:41 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Do you know by how many? Maybe flip Hiller somewhere for picks??? Quite a few teams could use a goalie.
Yea they would be over by one contract if the deal would go threw. like you said it would be a very lite return on Corey Perry. If that was the asking price I would go BOB, JVR, and mez lol thats a better offer.

Also don't see them trading in-conference if they move any of the big three. That thread might be locked up soon

Could you imagine if the FLyer made a pitch to get him. That would unreal. Hartnell-Giroux-Perry

Last edited by Prongo: 01-26-2012 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Could you imagine
Old
01-27-2012, 12:38 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
that is a pretty horrible return outside of Schneider. I am not seeing it.

Old
01-27-2012, 10:14 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Ducks have Hiller. Ballard sucks and Raymond is not good enough.

Old
01-27-2012, 06:50 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...enns-fate.html

Well, we can always trade them Bryz for Thomas, hahaha

01-28-2012, 03:37 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1503
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...t-financially/

The NHL is helping the Devils out financially

Quote:
While the Devils are succeeding on the ice, off of it things aren’t going quite as smoothly.

NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman confirmed during his All-Star Game press conference that the Devils’ split ownership between Jeff Vanderbeek and Ray Chambers is having some problems. Vanderbeek is happy owning the Devils while Chambers is looking for a way out.

“It’s no secret the current owners haven’t seen eye-to-eye,” Bettman said. When asked about the financial stability of the team that’s had rumors of the NHL giving them cash to keep things rolling along this year, Bettman added: ”Fair to say the club is stable, but ownership isn’t getting along.”

While Bettman avoided answering about league assistance, NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly confirmed to The Canadian Press’ Chris Johnston that the league has advanced the Devils money to help meet ends while their ownership continues to squabble.

Old
01-30-2012, 11:29 AM
Kaktus*

Gleason extended: 4 years\16 Mil

Old
01-30-2012, 06:46 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 955
This article confirms what I had always assumed was true: the Flyers are awful at shootouts.

TSN Shootout Article

Quote:
The Avalanche are 44-23 all-time in shootouts, the best winning percentage in the NHL. The New Jersey Devils (50-27) are next. At the bottom of the list are the Philadelphia Flyers (20-37) and Florida Panthers (27-50). Jussi Jokinen's 30 goals are the most over a career, with Radim Vrbata and Pavel Datsyuk next at 28.

01-30-2012, 06:52 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
I'm surprised they've won that many.

Old
01-30-2012, 10:58 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

And to think we won the one that mattered most in 2010