HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers assign Hartikainen, Chorney and Paajarvi to OKC Barons

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-26-2012, 08:54 PM
  #76
stratedge
Rebuild, year 4...
 
stratedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,274
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
Petrell made it! Petrell made it!

Harski needs to rediscover his physicality, read the game better, get faster... play more games in general.

Paajarvi needs to decide if he wants to be successful in the NHL.

Our defense is getting healthier, so Chorney got the axe.
These 4 statements are all correct. Paajarvi needs his grapes to drop, and he should remain in the AHL until that happens.

stratedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 08:57 PM
  #77
SephF
See you next time
 
SephF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post

On Paajarvi. I've been seeing this for a while now and I am curious if anyone else sees the same thing. I think his current issues have a lot to do with his skating. As a rookie he was using electrifying speed and blowing by guys outside or splitting the D to create his own chances. Now I see him try to drive wide and get ridden off the puck every time because he doesn't have that extra gear to get past the check. I see him trying to cut between D and them closing on him way too fast.

He seemed to have a much faster first few steps last season. I know he said he was going to spend the summer getting stronger so perhaps the extra muscle has slowed him down? Maybe he just needs to get back to his old workout regime or go to skating camp this summer. I think if we see a return of that elite level speed, we'll start to see him around the net more often again.


A perfect example of what we don't see this season is his last goal(2:36) He beats Bouwmeester from a step behind, who is hardly a slouch in the skating department. Those quick little steps he made last season to accelerate don't seem as quick this year.

Or am I imaging things?
You're right, he was definitely a bit faster in his rookie year. I don't know if it's all physical though - it could be mental too. Doesn't have the confidence to try those plays at top speed perhaps but you're onto something here. He does look slower.

Weird to watch that video after his play so far this season.

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 08:59 PM
  #78
stratedge
Rebuild, year 4...
 
stratedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,274
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
A goal highlight package isn't going to show you too many set up plays. If you mean goals scored by plays he creates, I disagree. There are a number of examples of goals he scored which were a result of his own rush.

And as for him playing assertively, I also see a good number of goals he scored from last year by taking the puck to the net himself or going to the dirty areas in front. Or did you mean something else by playing assertively?
Yeah, last year. He did that a few times last year. And then, for some reason, he stopped doing it. Halfway through this season, he's rarely gone anywhere near the opponents net. It's been all soft wrist shots from way outside at bad angles.

Assertive would be, for starters, actually hitting guys. When Paajarvi throws a body check, it's so soft it actually makes the sound "BOOP!". He starts slowing down 10ft before he gets to the target. Are you familiar with the term "closing speed"? Paajarvi has the worst closing speed of any player >5'11 that I've ever seen. He seems genuinely scared of real contact and he seems to be trying to just float by, which isn't going to cut it with someone of his limited skill set. He's a poor man's Cogliano right now, without the break aways.

stratedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 09:06 PM
  #79
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional
 
s7ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratedge View Post
Yeah, last year. He did that a few times last year. And then, for some reason, he stopped doing it. Halfway through this season, he's rarely gone anywhere near the opponents net. It's been all soft wrist shots from way outside at bad angles.

Assertive would be, for starters, actually hitting guys. When Paajarvi throws a body check, it's so soft it actually makes the sound "BOOP!". He starts slowing down 10ft before he gets to the target. Are you familiar with the term "closing speed"? Paajarvi has the worst closing speed of any player >5'11 that I've ever seen. He seems genuinely scared of real contact and he seems to be trying to just float by, which isn't going to cut it with someone of his limited skill set. He's a poor man's Cogliano right now, without the break aways.
As I posted above, I think his issues are related to the speed at which he plays the game this year. Whether the reason is are physical as I suggested or mental as you suggested(slowing down to minimize contact), I don't know. But I do think that if he can return to last year's form then we still have a useful player on our hands.

Whatever his problem is, I am glad he can go play in a slower league and get some confidence back. Unless we get slaughtered by injuries again, I'd prefer he stay down there for the rest of the season.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 09:14 PM
  #80
stratedge
Rebuild, year 4...
 
stratedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,274
vCash: 50
I don't disagree on the speed thing, I just think fear is the core issue.

stratedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 10:15 PM
  #81
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,120
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
Lander needs to go down next as well once RNH is ready.
If it happens, I'll expect a good play-off run out of the barrons.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 10:30 PM
  #82
hayer21
Registered User
 
hayer21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
lander magnus and omark would be a pretty swede line for the barons!

hayer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 10:34 PM
  #83
frag2
Registered User
 
frag2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,419
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
As I posted above, I think his issues are related to the speed at which he plays the game this year. Whether the reason is are physical as I suggested or mental as you suggested(slowing down to minimize contact), I don't know. But I do think that if he can return to last year's form then we still have a useful player on our hands.

Whatever his problem is, I am glad he can go play in a slower league and get some confidence back. Unless we get slaughtered by injuries again, I'd prefer he stay down there for the rest of the season.
Honestly, in the slower league, he needs to be dominant though. He can hardly score even in the A at this point. What was it, 1 goal 6 assists?

Perhaps I'm just being too hard on the guy but he clearly is having mental issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratedge View Post
I don't disagree on the speed thing, I just think fear is the core issue.
He's definitely not shedding the stereotype that Euro's are afraid of contact

frag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 12:26 AM
  #84
stratedge
Rebuild, year 4...
 
stratedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,274
vCash: 50
If you look at that highlight reel they break down as follows:

drive net
drive net (partial break away)

long slap shot
tap in (lucky bounce)
tap in driving net
slap shot from slot
easy finish from Gagner
easy finish from Omark
deke on nice pass from Omark
lucky shot from outside
wrist shot on powerplay
finish pass driving net
easy finish from Omark
easy finish from Omark (near net)
driving net

5/15 in bold are goals he would never ever score this year because of the way he has changed his game.

4/15 in italics were generally the work of Omark. I don't understand how Omark and Paajarvi have developed this weird dependency on each other, they're not the Sedins so they're not going to spend their careers together, they have to learn to play the general game.

The remainder (6/15) are gone this year basically as a factor of his reduced ice time due to the fact that he's not playing well enough to score the goals in bold, and Omark's not here and he just doesn't seem to deal with that and move on. Increased ice time = increased lucky breaks and right place right time goals.

stratedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 12:32 AM
  #85
Soundwave
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 24,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratedge View Post
If you look at that highlight reel they break down as follows:

drive net
drive net (partial break away)

long slap shot
tap in (lucky bounce)
tap in driving net
slap shot from slot
easy finish from Gagner
easy finish from Omark
deke on nice pass from Omark
lucky shot from outside
wrist shot on powerplay
finish pass driving net
easy finish from Omark
easy finish from Omark (near net)
driving net

5/15 in bold are goals he would never ever score this year because of the way he has changed his game.

4/15 in italics were generally the work of Omark. I don't understand how Omark and Paajarvi have developed this weird dependency on each other, they're not the Sedins so they're not going to spend their careers together, they have to learn to play the general game.

The remainder (6/15) are gone this year basically as a factor of his reduced ice time due to the fact that he's not playing well enough to score the goals in bold, and Omark's not here and he just doesn't seem to deal with that and move on. Increased ice time = increased lucky breaks and right place right time goals.
Replacement is way too hard on Omark.

It's blatantly obvious he helped out MPS tremendously last year.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 12:46 AM
  #86
stratedge
Rebuild, year 4...
 
stratedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,274
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
Replacement is way too hard on Omark.

It's blatantly obvious he helped out MPS tremendously last year.
The problem is he basically ONLY helped out MPS last year. He only connected with him on those passes. He plays a weird style where he holds onto the puck where other players want to see it cycled, and Paajarvi would head to the far post and stand there waiting for that blind pass Omark would spin across the crease. It worked, to my knowledge, 4 times because I don't remember anyone else knocking one of those in. Omark didn't cycle the puck well and so nobody ever came out of the corner with any speed, and he rarely utilized the defense man on the point for a shot.

Omark has serious issues with playing a team game within a team system, but that's another topic for another thread. I think Omark has the tools but he has some things to fix in his game that will require a good half a season in the AHL and an open mind and will to learn and adapt. I'll start to hope for Omark to return to the NHL if he shuts his mouth for a long while and stops giving stupid interviews to stupid swedes about running away to Europe. The statements he made about staying in the AHL for the rest of the season this year should have been made at the start of the season, unequivocally.

stratedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 12:47 AM
  #87
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional
 
s7ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by frag2 View Post
Honestly, in the slower league, he needs to be dominant though. He can hardly score even in the A at this point. What was it, 1 goal 6 assists?

Perhaps I'm just being too hard on the guy but he clearly is having mental issues.
It really isn't that hard to google stats. He had 1g and 8a in 10gp. Almost a ppg down there.

I am really surprised how many are writing this kid off just because he is having a bad sophomore slump season. Some players, especially Euros, take time to fully adjust to the nhl game. We should be very reluctant to move Magnus. Imo he should only be available in a package for a significant D upgrade. Hodgson and Turris both had a rough learning curve too and seem to be turning it around. Why can't Paajarvi do that? He did have a good rookie season.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 12:49 AM
  #88
Soundwave
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 24,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratedge View Post
The problem is he basically ONLY helped out MPS last year. He only connected with him on those passes. He plays a weird style where he holds onto the puck where other players want to see it cycled, and Paajarvi would head to the far post and stand there waiting for that blind pass Omark would spin across the crease. It worked, to my knowledge, 4 times because I don't remember anyone else knocking one of those in. Omark didn't cycle the puck well and so nobody ever came out of the corner with any speed, and he rarely utilized the defense man on the point for a shot.

Omark has serious issues with playing a team game within a team system, but that's another topic for another thread. I think Omark has the tools but he has some things to fix in his game that will require a good half a season in the AHL and an open mind and will to learn and adapt.
Maybe the other players on his line should learn to adjust to him in the offensive zone rather than the other way around.

Because he sure as heck can make plays that 2/3rds of our dumbo forwards like the Horcoffs, Eagers, Belangers, even Gagners etc. could use to get some easier goals (or goals period) as a result.

Yes he is an unusual type of player, but I'll take that over the stone hand garbage we have populating our 2-4 lines right now. At least with him and MPS they obviously worked out some kind of plan so that Omark would know where MPS would be and was talented enough to make the pass to get the puck there to him. Hemsky is the only other forward we have outside of the three kids that can do that and he's zoned out a long time ago.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 12:55 AM
  #89
stratedge
Rebuild, year 4...
 
stratedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,274
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
It really isn't that hard to google stats. He had 1g and 8a in 10gp. Almost a ppg down there.

I am really surprised how many are writing this kid off just because he is having a bad sophomore slump season. Some players, especially Euros, take time to fully adjust to the nhl game. We should be very reluctant to move Magnus. Imo he should only be available in a package for a significant D upgrade. Hodgson and Turris both had a rough learning curve too and seem to be turning it around. Why can't Paajarvi do that? He did have a good rookie season.
I think you misunderstand that sentiment. Nobody I've heard of is writing him off, trading someone is not writing them off, is a calculated manoeuvre. But if you wait to determine with absolute certainty that he's not going to be anything more than a 3rd line player, then everyone else knows it too and he has no trade value. I think with the issues he has, if a solid offer comes for him you take it rather than gamble on him recovering. If the Oilers were offered a 10th overall pick for him I would take it. But I probably wouldn't take anything lower. It's not dumping him, it's getting out before it's too late because things aren't looking good.

stratedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 01:08 AM
  #90
stratedge
Rebuild, year 4...
 
stratedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,274
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
Maybe the other players on his line should learn to adjust to him in the offensive zone rather than the other way around.
Nope. He should play the way the coaches tell everyone to play. Their way is better.

Quote:
Because he sure as heck can make plays that 2/3rds of our dumbo forwards like the Horcoffs, Eagers, Belangers, even Gagners etc. could use to get some easier goals (or goals period) as a result.
He has a small bag of tricks, but his bag of tricks is not good enough for the NHL. Here's some food for thought for you: Shawn Horcoff is an offensively superior player, and that's a statistically verifiable fact based on last year and this year. And outside of offence, Omark doesn't have ANY of the complimentary skills Horcoff has.

Gagner is a vastly superior player to Omark, offensively or otherwise. Eager does other things that Omark doesn't, and if you have to stoop down to Eager to find a positive comparison for Omark then you're defeating your own argument. And Belanger, while a huge disappointment, wasn't brought here for a top 6 role. Omark doesn't posess any of the skills for a bottom 6 role, so you might as well start comparing him to Khabi because it's equally as silly.

Quote:
Yes he is an unusual type of player, but I'll take that over the stone hand garbage we have populating our 2-4 lines right now. At least with him and MPS they obviously worked out some kind of plan so that Omark would know where MPS would be and was talented enough to make the pass to get the puck there to him. Hemsky is the only other forward we have outside of the three kids that can do that and he's zoned out a long time ago.
4 times. With all the ice time they got together last year, Omark found Paajarvi 4 times, and turned over the puck an uncountable number of times outside that. Scoring 4 goals trying the same mess over and over doesn't establish anything, and it sure as hell doesn't build you a future in the NHL.

Omark has some good things going but he still needs work. There's absolutely no debating that. Defence aside, he needs to add a cycle game to that puck possession game he has, and be able to flip between the two as appropriate. Once he's built a good North American game there, he'll get his shot no doubt... there's plenty of room on this team and there will be again next year because if there's one thing we can bet on, it's deep injury issues.

stratedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 01:14 AM
  #91
Soundwave
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 24,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratedge View Post
Nope. He should play the way the coaches tell everyone to play. Their way is better.
When I see Horcoff, Belanger, Gagner, MPS, in their 10, 15, sometimes 20 game (lol) scoreless "droughts" ... I tend to think there's not a whole lot our coaching staff can do (or even knows what to do).

Listen to Omark. If he says "park your ass by the side of the net and I'll take care of the rest" ... give it a shot.

What exactly at this point do we have to lose?

He's a playmaker, I can understand he likes to know that certain players are going to be in certain spots.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 01:16 AM
  #92
stratedge
Rebuild, year 4...
 
stratedge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,274
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundwave View Post
when i see horcoff, belanger, gagner, mps, in their 10, 15, sometimes 20 game (lol) scoreless "droughts" ... I tend to think there's not a whole lot our coaching staff can do (or even knows what to do).

Listen to omark. If he says "park your ass by the side of the net and i'll take care of the rest" ... Give it a shot.

What exactly at this point do we have to lose?
Code:
linus omark	5	0	0	0	-2	2	0	0	0	7	0.0
He's not a good player yet. He does not get to waltz into the NHL and do whatever he wants while everyone including his teammates and coaches sit there. Why you and others think he deserves this dumbfounds me. Schremp came and went, let's move past the "I saw something cool on youtube and I want to see it again no matter what the cost to the team" stuff.

stratedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 01:26 AM
  #93
Soundwave
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 24,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratedge View Post
Code:
linus omark	5	0	0	0	-2	2	0	0	0	7	0.0
He's not a good player yet. He does not get to waltz into the NHL and do whatever he wants while everyone including his teammates and coaches sit there. Why you and others think he deserves this dumbfounds me. Schremp came and went, let's move past the "I saw something cool on youtube and I want to see it again no matter what the cost to the team" stuff.
He's the only one outside of our three top kids that can actually make a play or cares about making one at this point (ahem, Hemsky).

The rest of our forwards from line 2-4 ... a lot of offensive dummies sans Smyth and Jones.

Couldn't generate offence if their lives depended on it. At least two of them should latch onto Omark like MPS did and say "OK ... tell us where you want us to go in the o-zone".

When you look at Horcoff, Belanger, Gagner (when he's in one of his "funks"), MPS, etc. the offensive ineptitude is almost mind boggling. Like you'd almost think at some point a puck would ricochet off their ***** so they'd actually get a goal.

I think this (not the defense) will actually be the biggest problem for the Oilers in the long term. The abject and almost hilarious lack of creativity and offense from the 2nd-4th lines. Because once Hemsky is gone and Smyth is going to inevitably decline ... it is going to get uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugly. Teams are going to gang up on the RNH line and just take a vacation with everyone else. Unless we get like Grigorenko or something.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 02:08 AM
  #94
Ragss
Registered User
 
Ragss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post




Man I miss Omark.

Ragss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 09:38 AM
  #95
Mr Sakich
Registered User
 
Mr Sakich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Motel 35
Posts: 8,080
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
As I posted above, I think his issues are related to the speed at which he plays the game this year. Whether the reason is are physical as I suggested or mental as you suggested(slowing down to minimize contact), I don't know. But I do think that if he can return to last year's form then we still have a useful player on our hands.

Whatever his problem is, I am glad he can go play in a slower league and get some confidence back. Unless we get slaughtered by injuries again, I'd prefer he stay down there for the rest of the season.
if I was a defenceman and knew a guy would always stay on the outside instead of driving to the net, it would be a simple job of stopping him. If MPS starts driving to the middle with the same speed as he drives allong the boards, defences will respect that and he will get a lot more room.

Mr Sakich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 09:41 AM
  #96
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,430
vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
And that's a bad thing?
I don't think it is and that's why I see no problem with him up in the NHL playing the role he is.

joestevens29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 09:50 AM
  #97
Digger12
Registered User
 
Digger12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Defending the border
Posts: 14,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragss View Post
Man I miss Omark.
You and Magnus both, if those highlights are anything to go by.

Digger12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 11:00 AM
  #98
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional
 
s7ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratedge View Post
I think you misunderstand that sentiment. Nobody I've heard of is writing him off, trading someone is not writing them off, is a calculated manoeuvre. But if you wait to determine with absolute certainty that he's not going to be anything more than a 3rd line player, then everyone else knows it too and he has no trade value. I think with the issues he has, if a solid offer comes for him you take it rather than gamble on him recovering. If the Oilers were offered a 10th overall pick for him I would take it. But I probably wouldn't take anything lower. It's not dumping him, it's getting out before it's too late because things aren't looking good.
Fair enough, I could be misreading the situation. Perhaps my view of HFOil's opinion of him is skewed by the numerous Paajarvi for scraps proposals on the main board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich View Post
if I was a defenceman and knew a guy would always stay on the outside instead of driving to the net, it would be a simple job of stopping him. If MPS starts driving to the middle with the same speed as he drives allong the boards, defences will respect that and he will get a lot more room.

Well it wasn't as simple for them to stop him last year when he had the speed to beat them to the outside and go to the net. But no debate that Paajarvi could be doing things differently this season to increase his on-ice success. Good thing he's in the AHL now so he can work on those things.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 11:35 AM
  #99
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
Replacement is way too hard on Omark.

It's blatantly obvious he helped out MPS tremendously last year.
Hey how did I get involved in this conversation?

While I'm here..

Myself I think a little too much is made of the on ice dependency. As demonstrated MPS scored several goals, maybe even 10, that had little or nothing to do with Omark.
I think the dependency has more to do with off ice comradery and spending some time as roommates and all. I wondered out loud last year as well how the two are impacted when Omark was getting sent down.
But I think its more psychological than on ice symbiosis.

Replacement is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 11:47 AM
  #100
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen
 
Replacement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hockey Hell
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
When I see Horcoff, Belanger, Gagner, MPS, in their 10, 15, sometimes 20 game (lol) scoreless "droughts" ... I tend to think there's not a whole lot our coaching staff can do (or even knows what to do).

Listen to Omark. If he says "park your ass by the side of the net and I'll take care of the rest" ... give it a shot.

What exactly at this point do we have to lose?

He's a playmaker, I can understand he likes to know that certain players are going to be in certain spots.
I always got a bit of a laugh at how Omark walked in and figured he should be directing other players on ice positions and what they do. Ironically through one of the worst ever stints in Gagners career.

Omark is full of himself, and theres no doubt, but I wonder if for one second if he ever stopped and checked himself and thought, I'm telling a guy thats had +40pt seasons every year of his NHL career what to do. I'm telling a guy that had 49pts NHL as an 18yr old what to do.

Modesty doesn't appear to be in Omarks dictionary.

I always wondered why Gagner gave linus so much latitude in orchestrating the play on that line. I fault Gagner for that btw. He should have put him in his place in no uncertain terms. I also never saw a stint in Gagners career where he was given the puck less. I see Gagner playing with Hall, RNH, Hemsky, and they feed Gagner the puck. They share the puck. In Omarks penchant to find Paajarvi its odd that Gagner(the most talented and accomplished player on that line) was often the forgotten player on that line.

Finally, I find it interesting, at least, that Omark, a player that is allergic to going anywhere around an NHL net, is telling other players to park it there. I wonder how Omark would respond if Gagner, or a coach, was telling Omark to park it there in front of the net.

I'm sure this will be met with ample defense of Omark, and it doesn't mean anything, and I'm reading between the lines, but everytime this guy opens his mouth its noteworthy in the wrong way.

Oh well, since I'm in the thread anyway figured I'd get that off my chest.

Replacement is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:40 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.