HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tim Erixon

Old
01-26-2012, 11:28 PM
satrabyk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
He is the antithesis of a project. He has all the skills and the smarts. All he needs is more strength and an acclimation to the N/A game. He will be on the roster next October if not before; not a project. McIlrath is a project.
Just because he has the skills does not mean hes not a project. a Project in terms of being able to adjust his speed to the NHL level for him could take time. Because he likes to play a smart defensive game, not very physical control the pace of the game with puck this does not happen over night and he really has to master this down in the AHL before he can do it here. Get a little dirty down there also.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 04:07 AM
Boyle Knows Santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Atoz View Post
Ahhh, the perfect post for me to answer.

You all conveniently forget when the Rangers first acquired Erixon how this board exploded that he was "the real deal" and how he was going to step in and be what Del Zotto was supposed to be and Del Zotto may as well pack his bags.

I have been a big Del Zotto supporter since he came up. I didn't know Erixon from a hole in the wall. He was supposedly skating glove in glove with Adam Larsson, the next Niedermayer. But he was obviously not NHL ready and all his superfans suddenly weren't touting him anymore. Right now, I'm not counting on him for anything. If he develops, that's great. But I'm not believing the hype here again.

I literally have no idea if you are being serious. Because a 20 year old couldn't make a NHL team out of camp in his first season in North America you are writing him off? Because he isn't as good as Adam Larsson, one of the best defensive prospects in the last few years, he should be written off?

The next Niedermayer? Because one person may have made an insane claim, you declare Erixon over-hyped?

What hype?!?! I have not read any opinions other than "good he is in the AHL, he should be able to contribute next year." How is that hype at all?

Boyle Knows Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 04:36 AM
msv957

Erixon is being developed the right way. No need to rush him into the NHL

I really don't know where he fits on this defense in the future as this defense is stacked already with good young defenseman. Sather could have some great options if he ever wanted to trade a defenseman for more scoring depth

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 09:05 AM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyle Knows Santa View Post
I literally have no idea if you are being serious. Because a 20 year old couldn't make a NHL team out of camp in his first season in North America you are writing him off? Because he isn't as good as Adam Larsson, one of the best defensive prospects in the last few years, he should be written off?

The next Niedermayer? Because one person may have made an insane claim, you declare Erixon over-hyped?

What hype?!?! I have not read any opinions other than "good he is in the AHL, he should be able to contribute next year." How is that hype at all?
I had the same thought reading that. You can jump the gun on giving up just as you can jump the gun on overhyping. In this case it's the former with Atoz unless he's trying to say he's always got tempered expectations which is fair and just did a horrible job of communicating that

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 09:18 AM
Mugless

To me, the big thing with Erixon is the physical game. When he came up for a cup of coffee a while back, it seemed obvious he was not big and strong enough yet. Got bowled over a few times, particularly against Philly. Give him a bit more time to fill out and we've really got a player.

Mugless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 09:21 AM
Vitto79

read that he's tearing it up in the AHL and is one of the best D prospects in the game

teams number 1 right now and they have Erixon and McIlrath coming up........nice!

I expect Erixon to make it out of camp next yr and McIlrath to be given the same treatment, 1 yr in the AHL to see where he is at then take it from there

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 09:32 AM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
Just because he has the skills does not mean hes not a project. a Project in terms of being able to adjust his speed to the NHL level for him could take time. Because he likes to play a smart defensive game, not very physical control the pace of the game with puck this does not happen over night and he really has to master this down in the AHL before he can do it here. Get a little dirty down there also.
"Kreider's ten goals in WJC play ties him with John LeClair and Mike Modano for third all time among USA players, behind just Jeremy Roenick's 13 and Brian Gionta's 11.[10]"

sounds like he fits in with the other "projects" on that list.

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 04:22 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyle Knows Santa View Post

You obviously didn't read what I wrote. When the Rangers acquired Erixon, many posters here swore he was NHL ready and wanted to dump Del Zotto then and there. You have all of 13 posts so maybe you weren't around then. Erixon didn't live up to that by a long shot. My attitude towards him now is that he's not on this team and I'm not counting on him being on this team in the near future. If he progresses and makes the team next year or in two years, great. But I'm not counting on it. And if he never lives up to the hype, he'll be the latest in a long line of Ranger prospects that didn't.

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 05:08 PM
Leetch66

Leave him in the A for another year and by this time next season he might be ready for a look see and if we like him he will hopefully be much more rounded out and able to contain guys like Crosby/Staal/Skinner/Ovie/Malkin/Giroux/Hartnell/Simmons for starters . Bluelines in the East have had it easy this year with so many key injuries to the forward ranks of our opposition...another reason why we have so many points right now . People tend to forget that key point in analyzing our current team ...myself included some days !!!

Next season the Penguins will definitely be a better club and we will need every mobile Dman available to handle them as well as the Flyers and the lack of mobility is an issue because just look at our record against the clubs that have tortured us this season and how the speed set us on our heels . I want a guy to step in only if he is ready ! Give him time and hopefully his bloodlines will kick in because his Dad was an awesome player for us !

Leetch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 05:17 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Rangers are doing everything right with this young star.

They could have brought him up to play in the NHL with all the injuries we had but instead of giving him 12-14 minutes in the NHL (which he could have handled don't get me wrong), they kept him in the AHL to play 22-23 minutes and continue to develop his game far more effectively at this point as his development.

And his 20 points in 24 games is amazing...Fun Fact of the Night:
Tim Exrixon points per game ratio is .83, that is 3rd highest among ALL defenseman.

If he had played the entire season down there he would very likely be top 3 in scoring among defenseman as a rookie. Thats insane when you realize that he's not just a 1 way player, but a great defenseive dman as well.

I would be extremely hesitant in moving Erixon unless its for a Ryan type player in return. He is going to be a star in the NHL one day, you can never have too many top defenseman on a team, especially with injuries.

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 08:43 PM
wafflepadsave

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
His hockey IQ is on the charts, and not very high at that... Physical tools alone won't get the job done... Have you watched BC much? Kreider has a lot of work/developing to do if he's going to be a consistent high end forward at the NHL level.

People should temper their expectations a bit.... Remember when Anisimov was going to be a 70+ point 1st line Center?
Totally agree! Wouldn't be shocked if he goes to hartford for a while. Although he might be the one who can be the guy whose job is to be circling the net and creating screens for rebounds on the powerplay next year.

wafflepadsave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 02:24 AM
n1cON
bleeds blue ! ! !

Im happy with the way hes playing here. He looked ok in his call ups and it seems he really get it together in the AHL. I dont expect that he becomes a ppg defender, I just want that he becomes rock solid in his own zone. Hes on a good way. Theres no reason to rush him and Im confident that hell use the summer break good to bulk up a bit and come back even stronger.

I think its gonna be an interesting camp Torts next season

Just give him some time like we did with McD & Sauer and well get a really really good defense man.

Just my point of view.

n1cON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 04:31 AM
Calad
Section 422

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1cON View Post
Im happy with the way hes playing here. He looked ok in his call ups and it seems he really get it together in the AHL. I dont expect that he becomes a ppg defender, I just want that he becomes rock solid in his own zone. Hes on a good way. Theres no reason to rush him and Im confident that hell use the summer break good to bulk up a bit and come back even stronger.

I think its gonna be an interesting camp Torts next season

Just give him some time like we did with McD & Sauer and well get a really really good defense man.

Just my point of view.
Hard to disagree with that, Torts and co have been producing solid defensemen like clockwork. If it ain't broke...

Calad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 05:53 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
I see him - if not for any setbacks - on the team next year.

McD (Staal) - Girardi
Staal (McD) - MDZ (makes the switch to RD)
Erixon - Sauer

Strlman/Bickel/Eminger as a 7th

McIllrath in the wings

This is an awesome defence
And all home grown (more or less)
And all with reasonable caphits
Entering our 2-3 year window when we go ALL in!!! to get a Cup or two!!!

BBKers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 07:36 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafflepadsave View Post
Totally agree! Wouldn't be shocked if he goes to hartford for a while. Although he might be the one who can be the guy whose job is to be circling the net and creating screens for rebounds on the powerplay next year.
Tortorella's coaching >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>York 's coaching.

Where Kreider sometimes passes the net, circles, so on and so forth will be corrected under this coaching staff in New York. That's a reason Tortorella wanted Kreider to turn Pro.

Kreider isn't going to Hartford. Anyone who REALLY believes he's going to Hartford is naive.

Tortorella is going to get him going in straight lines. Stops and starts. Going to the net (which he does, and does hard) and staying there.

Tortorella wont have Kreider parked in the high slot on the Power Play. Instead he will have him either on the half boards or down low.

He will improve Kreider's already strong board play. He will improve Kreider's already strong forecheck.

Kreider playing with and being around and practicing with the likes of Richards, Gaborik, Stepan, Dubinsky, Callahan, Lundqvist, Staal, McDonagh, Girardi, Rupp, Boyle, Prust, Del Zotto, Biron, Hagelin will not only improve his game naturally on the ice, but help him mature and grow as a professional.

These things should be common sense knowledge.

Kreider, as early as next season, is going to be a better coached, better mentored player. He will get stronger, and he will be better than he is now, because of the staff and team around him. No more amateur NCAA players influencing him. No more York. No more politics based on seniority. No more school work. He will be a professional, surrounded by professionals. Things earned on merit. Focus on hockey.

This nonsense that he lacks IQ is nonsense.

Last edited by SupersonicMonkey*: 01-28-2012 at 07:45 AM.
SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 08:39 AM
Dorado*

I agree with the post above . CK physical skill will shine when playing with more experienced mature players . He will be relied on to get open and hopefully FINISH plays not carry the play . He will be with players like BR/ DS etc who can hold onto the puck and let him use his speed and power . Not seeing there won't be growing pains but I anticipate the pro game whether it's AHL or NHL to really future enhance his natural gifts .

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 09:08 AM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

For next year, I see this defense:

MCD (Staal)-Girardi
Staal (MCD) - Sauer
MDZ-Erixon

This is an epic D corps. That second pairing could be the first on lots of NHL teams. And all of these guys are all Rangers products

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote