HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2012

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-26-2012, 05:53 AM
  #351
S Bah
Registered User
 
S Bah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 5,531
vCash: 500
Cristobal Nieves has jumped up into the 1st round in the mid-term rankings so I hope the Habs get another 1st or low 2nd round pick and draft him.I still would prefer Grigorenko or Galchenyuk but if not get Nieves he's got oodles of talent and he's big and French.

S Bah is offline  
Old
01-26-2012, 07:53 AM
  #352
Halifaxhab*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Cristobal Nieves has jumped up into the 1st round in the mid-term rankings so I hope the Habs get another 1st or low 2nd round pick and draft him.I still would prefer Grigorenko or Galchenyuk but if not get Nieves he's got oodles of talent and he's big and French.
he seems like a taller Ribiero....but isn't he American?

Halifaxhab* is offline  
Old
01-26-2012, 01:28 PM
  #353
NH57
Habs 4 Life
 
NH57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,559
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=S Bah;43132967]Cristobal Nieves has jumped up into the 1st round in the mid-term rankings so I hope the Habs get another 1st or low 2nd round pick and draft him.I still would prefer Grigorenko or Galchenyuk but if not get Nieves he's got oodles of talent and he's big and French.[/Q
UOTE]

I would prefer Galchenyuk over Grigorenko, yes Grigorenko is great, but his ceiling is only about
75 points, yes that is very good, but Galchenyuk has drawn comparisons to Marian Hossa, and Evgeni Malkin, and his ceiling us a perennial all star with the potential to put up 90+ points per year, plus at this rate, we will be picking anywhere from 6th-8th, and Galchenyuk is projected to go anywhere from 5th-9th

NH57 is offline  
Old
01-26-2012, 02:53 PM
  #354
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahhabib View Post
I would prefer Galchenyuk over Grigorenko, yes Grigorenko is great, but his ceiling is only about
75 points, yes that is very good, but Galchenyuk has drawn comparisons to Marian Hossa, and Evgeni Malkin, and his ceiling us a perennial all star with the potential to put up 90+ points per year, plus at this rate, we will be picking anywhere from 6th-8th, and Galchenyuk is projected to go anywhere from 5th-9th
Grigorenko 75 point ceiling?


Em Ancien is offline  
Old
01-26-2012, 09:28 PM
  #355
S Bah
Registered User
 
S Bah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 5,531
vCash: 500
Scott Gomez to Columbus for Jeff Carter and his 10yr.$50mil con.& 2012 2nd.

S Bah is offline  
Old
01-26-2012, 11:49 PM
  #356
habsrule22
Registered User
 
habsrule22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Powassan, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,651
vCash: 500
Pleks, Gomez, Weber for Carter, pick/prospect

habsrule22 is online now  
Old
01-27-2012, 12:48 AM
  #357
goman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 871
vCash: 500
Carter for Plekanec?

goman is offline  
Old
01-27-2012, 03:30 AM
  #358
Miller Time
Registered User
 
Miller Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goman View Post
Carter for Plekanec?
hell no!

if we go after Carter, it would have to be a quantity-for-quality type deal since Carter, as "quality" as he is, represents a "high risk" asset given his contract caphit/term... 5.3M$ until 2022!!! for a guy who, this year, is on pace for 35pts in 63 games (46pt/82game pace... likely an anomaly to be sure, but with 9 years left on the deal, it's a scary thought about what could be).

my proposal (which i imagine some other GM would top, let them deal with the risk...)

To Montreal
Carter
Vermette

To CBJ
Desharnais
Gionta
*Kaberle*
Palushaj or Engqvist
Kristo or Beaulieu

quantity for quality to be sure...

Columbus gets a youngish playmaking centre that could/would be a perfect complement to a power winger like Nash (just ask Cole/Pacioretty). A veteran RW who has the "winner" attitude/work ethic they are apparently seeking, a bit overpaid but definitely still a leader and relatively effective top-6 winger. choice btw 2 "older" prospects currently playing @ ppg pace in AHL and choice btw a highly skilled RW prospect currently lighting it up in NCAA or a high quality D prospect lighting up the Q.

*** I would add Kaberle, but only if CBJ saw it as an "addition" and not a cap dump...
Kaberle, as a pp-skilled dman more skilled/effective offensively than any of the LD CBJ currently have, might be a welcome addition to CBJ's top 4 (giving them Wiz-Tyutin-Kaberle-Method as a top 4, with Savard/Moore/Nikitin/Clitsome battling it out to round out the top 6), especially given how offensively challenged they've been this year.
But if CBJ saw Kaberle unfavourably or as a negative asset given his cap/production ratio, then simply take him out. Deal w/o him is just as reasonable imo.***

Habs get big bodied goal scoring Centre (signed to a high risk-high reward contract) + french canadian top-9 defensively responsible fwd.

banking on Carter to return to a 30g/60+pt player, the deal could work out great for both teams. Columbus gets some quality depth, Habs get big bodied borderline elite C, who would be a nice fit with Pleks/Eller down the middle.


moving forward:

Cole - Carter - Leblanc (other teams trying to match up with line)
MaxPac - Eller - Kost (exploit weak match up line)
Bourque - Pleks - Vermette (shutdown line that can also score effectively)
Blunden - Gomez - White ('were better than your 4th line' line)

that's a solid group of fwds with enough talent to be effective now, and enough youth to be effective for a few years.

Miller Time is offline  
Old
01-27-2012, 08:24 AM
  #359
loudi94
Master of my Domain
 
loudi94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lethbridge, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,537
vCash: 500
A buddy of mine who is an Oilers fan asked if I'd trade PK for their 1st pick. I asked why and he said he's hearing rumblings from the sites he visits. Oilers desperately lack D and have a ton of forward prospects already. Their top 5 pick this year would most likely result in another forward being drafted. I said yes without hesitation. I like PK a lot but is he worth a top 5 pick in this draft?

loudi94 is offline  
Old
01-27-2012, 08:27 AM
  #360
Mike The Wall
Registered User
 
Mike The Wall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Montreal Hockey Capital of The World
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,590
vCash: 500
I like Chris Stewart and I believe he will be great along side Bourque Cole and MAXPAC, I am wondering what it would take to get him here?

Mike The Wall is offline  
Old
01-27-2012, 08:38 AM
  #361
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
A buddy of mine who is an Oilers fan asked if I'd trade PK for their 1st pick. I asked why and he said he's hearing rumblings from the sites he visits. Oilers desperately lack D and have a ton of forward prospects already. Their top 5 pick this year would most likely result in another forward being drafted. I said yes without hesitation. I like PK a lot but is he worth a top 5 pick in this draft?
A top 5 pick has twice the "bust" risk a guy like PK has. Why take that chance? We already know PK can be a force at the NHL level, we just need him to mature and reign in a few of the things he does that hurt the team. Some early picks never translate into top flight NHLers.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
01-27-2012, 08:39 AM
  #362
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike The Wall View Post
I like Chris Stewart and I believe he will be great along side Bourque Cole and MAXPAC, I am wondering what it would take to get him here?
How many big wingers do we need? I think our next addition should be a skilled creative player to help the PP like maybe Semin? Parise? Hemsky(at a discount)?

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
01-27-2012, 08:48 AM
  #363
loudi94
Master of my Domain
 
loudi94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lethbridge, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,537
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
A top 5 pick has twice the "bust" risk a guy like PK has. Why take that chance? We already know PK can be a force at the NHL level, we just need him to mature and reign in a few of the things he does that hurt the team. Some early picks never translate into top flight NHLers.
I agree, I was just wondering aloud if value wise the deal makes sense. Is moving PK worth the risk of getting a potential game breaker? It would take a few years to evaluate that.

loudi94 is offline  
Old
01-27-2012, 08:58 AM
  #364
MTL-rules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
A top 5 pick has twice the "bust" risk a guy like PK has. Why take that chance? We already know PK can be a force at the NHL level, we just need him to mature and reign in a few of the things he does that hurt the team. Some early picks never translate into top flight NHLers.
Not a Top 2 pick...

If they finish the year where they are, I think they should definitely consider trading PK for Yakupov or Grigorenko... and of course draft a defenceman with the habs pick.

It's risky, but not that much and the rewards could be exponential.

It would be to them to decide if PK is better (and surer bet) than any defenceman in this year draft...

MTL-rules is online now  
Old
01-27-2012, 09:14 AM
  #365
loudi94
Master of my Domain
 
loudi94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lethbridge, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,537
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Not a Top 2 pick...

If they finish the year where they are, I think they should definitely consider trading PK for Yakupov or Grigorenko... and of course draft a defenceman with the habs pick.

It's risky, but not that much and the rewards could be exponential.

It would be to them to decide if PK is better (and surer bet) than any defenceman in this year draft...
At the very least it shows me that perhaps there is an opportunity to trade up at the draft this year (provided the Habs don't tank properly).

loudi94 is offline  
Old
01-27-2012, 09:16 AM
  #366
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,442
vCash: 500
Would we be interested in a guy like Havlat? He seems to have not fit in in San Jose but has high end skill. Maybe we can get him relatively cheap.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
01-27-2012, 09:18 AM
  #367
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Not a Top 2 pick...

If they finish the year where they are, I think they should definitely consider trading PK for Yakupov or Grigorenko... and of course draft a defenceman with the habs pick.

It's risky, but not that much and the rewards could be exponential.

It would be to them to decide if PK is better (and surer bet) than any defenceman in this year draft...
What's the benefit for us?

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
01-27-2012, 09:19 AM
  #368
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,335
vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Would we be interested in a guy like Havlat? He seems to have not fit in in San Jose but has high end skill. Maybe we can get him relatively cheap.
3 years left on his deal, 5 million cap hit paying him 5-5and 6 million over the next 3 years. The biggest problem with Havlat is that he is very fragile. He was doing well the past 2 years but again this year got hurt for a very long period of time. I would be very careful if i'd get him. I would rather keep AK

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
01-27-2012, 09:22 AM
  #369
Frank Doby
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
hell no!

if we go after Carter, it would have to be a quantity-for-quality type deal since Carter, as "quality" as he is, represents a "high risk" asset given his contract caphit/term... 5.3M$ until 2022!!! for a guy who, this year, is on pace for 35pts in 63 games (46pt/82game pace... likely an anomaly to be sure, but with 9 years left on the deal, it's a scary thought about what could be).

my proposal (which i imagine some other GM would top, let them deal with the risk...)

To Montreal
Carter
Vermette

To CBJ
Desharnais
Gionta
*Kaberle*
Palushaj or Engqvist
Kristo or Beaulieu

quantity for quality to be sure...

Columbus gets a youngish playmaking centre that could/would be a perfect complement to a power winger like Nash (just ask Cole/Pacioretty). A veteran RW who has the "winner" attitude/work ethic they are apparently seeking, a bit overpaid but definitely still a leader and relatively effective top-6 winger. choice btw 2 "older" prospects currently playing @ ppg pace in AHL and choice btw a highly skilled RW prospect currently lighting it up in NCAA or a high quality D prospect lighting up the Q.

*** I would add Kaberle, but only if CBJ saw it as an "addition" and not a cap dump...
Kaberle, as a pp-skilled dman more skilled/effective offensively than any of the LD CBJ currently have, might be a welcome addition to CBJ's top 4 (giving them Wiz-Tyutin-Kaberle-Method as a top 4, with Savard/Moore/Nikitin/Clitsome battling it out to round out the top 6), especially given how offensively challenged they've been this year.
But if CBJ saw Kaberle unfavourably or as a negative asset given his cap/production ratio, then simply take him out. Deal w/o him is just as reasonable imo.***

Habs get big bodied goal scoring Centre (signed to a high risk-high reward contract) + french canadian top-9 defensively responsible fwd.

banking on Carter to return to a 30g/60+pt player, the deal could work out great for both teams. Columbus gets some quality depth, Habs get big bodied borderline elite C, who would be a nice fit with Pleks/Eller down the middle.


moving forward:

Cole - Carter - Leblanc (other teams trying to match up with line)
MaxPac - Eller - Kost (exploit weak match up line)
Bourque - Pleks - Vermette (shutdown line that can also score effectively)
Blunden - Gomez - White ('were better than your 4th line' line)

that's a solid group of fwds with enough talent to be effective now, and enough youth to be effective for a few years.
I am wondering if Antoine Vermette would be a good fit for the CH? His contract is not so bad, he is a center with good moves and skating.

Frank Doby is offline  
Old
01-27-2012, 09:24 AM
  #370
loudi94
Master of my Domain
 
loudi94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lethbridge, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,537
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
What's the benefit for us?
Are Yak or Grigorenko going to be NHL ready right away and will they be game breakers? If yes, then it's a no brainer. Is PK going to be a solid 2 way Dman for the next 10+ years. I think so. I guess it depends on the team's needs.

It's all moot anyways because I just ordered a PK jersey for my son. Logic dictates that he will be traded sooner rather than later.

loudi94 is offline  
Old
01-27-2012, 09:55 AM
  #371
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
Are Yak or Grigorenko going to be NHL ready right away and will they be game breakers? If yes, then it's a no brainer. Is PK going to be a solid 2 way Dman for the next 10+ years. I think so. I guess it depends on the team's needs.

It's all moot anyways because I just ordered a PK jersey for my son. Logic dictates that he will be traded sooner rather than later.
With Markov's status in limbo we can't afford to trade Subban for a forward.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
01-27-2012, 10:26 AM
  #372
Halifaxhab*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
With Markov's status in limbo we can't afford to trade Subban for a forward.
Any trade of PK depends on many factors.

Does the team feel they can get him to reach his potential and sign him to a long term cap friendly deal (if Yes, no deal).

Depending on the progression of the prospects in the system, the return (ie 1st overall, and we hold 4th or 5th). If they feel they can't get the above part, and these picks are NHL ready and have higher upside, then I can see a draft day deal.


But any deal involving EDM 1st is a draft day deal because then we have known factors (location of pick, scouting of the prospect, etc)



All that being said, I firmly believe the HABS are keeping Subban longterm and are going to hire a staff to properly surround him and aid in his devellopment

Halifaxhab* is offline  
Old
01-27-2012, 10:34 AM
  #373
MTL-rules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
With Markov's status in limbo we can't afford to trade Subban for a forward.
There are UFA defencemen... and we could draft a future no 1-2 defenceman in the draft, there's Beaulieu, Ellis and Tinordi wainting in the wing.

Let's say the habs have the 6th ot 7th pick, they could trade PK for Griko or Yakupov and select a solid D with their pick... while maybe gunning for Suter. A win-win scenario...

MTL-rules is online now  
Old
01-27-2012, 10:49 AM
  #374
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
There are UFA defencemen... and we could draft a future no 1-2 defenceman in the draft, there's Beaulieu, Ellis and Tinordi wainting in the wing.

Let's say the habs have the 6th ot 7th pick, they could trade PK for Griko or Yakupov and select a solid D with their pick... while maybe gunning for Suter. A win-win scenario...
Most of our core is 23-25, drafting an 18 year old d-man wouldn't really be part of that core.

If you dump PK you might as well dump Price Pacioretty etc

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
01-27-2012, 10:57 AM
  #375
Halifaxhab*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Most of our core is 23-25, drafting an 18 year old d-man wouldn't really be part of that core.

If you dump PK you might as well dump Price Pacioretty etc
well, that's going a bit far. There are age differences in core groups. Some people place Pleks as part of the core and he's 29. Sometimes teams make these kinds of moves if those young core members are signed long term to cap friendly deals.

But just because you trade one doesn't mean you blow up the team and start over

Halifaxhab* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.