HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal trades?

Old
01-26-2012, 12:31 PM
habsroom

vCash: 500
Montreal trades?

I am a Montreal fan and it looks like we will be missing the playoffs this year unless we go on an amazing win streak in the next 3 weeks. I think the Kings will be 1 of the teams that have a chance to win the Cup so I guess that would make you guys buyers at the trade deadline. Montreal have a few ufa's that might interest you and some might be a good fit for your team,here they are........

Travis Moen = He is 29 ,6'2/ 215 UFA winger with a 1.5 cap hit.He plays with grit and will drop the gloves when needed. He is great on the PK and in a shut down role, he is on pace to score around 15 goals and has won the Cup before with the Ducks

Andrei Kostitsyn = He is 26, 6'1/ 215 ufa winger with a 3.25 cap hit.He has avg over 20 goals a year the last 4 years with the HABS and is on pace for another 20 goals this season.

Mathieu Darche = He is 35 ,6'1/ 220 ufa winger with a .700 cap hit. He would be a depth player that could fill in on the power play if needed.

Mike Blunden = He is 25 ,6'4 /220, ufa centre/winger with a .600 cap hit.He plays with grit and will fight if needed and would fit well on a teams fourth line.

Hal Gill = He is 36, 6'7 /245 ufa defenseman with a 2.25 cap hit. Gill is great on the PK and would be good as a teams 5/6 defenseman. He brings leadership and has won a Cup.

Chris Campoli = He is 27, 6 /200 ufa defenseman with a 1.75 cap hit. Campoli is a puck moving dman thatcan play on the power play and has scored over 30 points twice in the NHL.

Kaberle = He is 33, 6'1 215 defensemen and has 2 years left on his deal at 4.25Kaberle has score 13 points in 20 games since coming to Montreal last month, a pace of 53 points over a full year.He could help a team on the power play and won a cup last year with Boston.

Which players would fit best on your team? and what would you be offering for them. thanks and good luck in the playoffs.

habsroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 12:37 PM
Bad Will Hunting
It's my fault

vCash: 69
From your list:Moen

I would also be interested in Borque and a few strippers from the Mtl area

Bad Will Hunting is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 12:46 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post

Yeah, Moen for a 5th.

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 12:58 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Travis Moen for Brad Richardson

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 01:03 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post

Why didn't I think of that?

Old
01-26-2012, 01:43 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
Done.

As to the OP, Moen for sure, but I think there would be some interest in Kostitsyn if the price isn't to high and DL strikes out on what are likely to be Plans A, B, C and maybe D in terms of upgrading the offense.

I don't imagine Kostitsyn is what DL prefers.

If you don't want Richardson for Moen, how about a 3rd in 2013 (don't have one this year)? It'll take more than a 5th Capn Brown.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 02:09 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Done.

As to the OP, Moen for sure, but I think there would be some interest in Kostitsyn if the price isn't to high and DL strikes out on what are likely to be Plans A, B, C and maybe D in terms of upgrading the offense.

I don't imagine Kostitsyn is what DL prefers.

If you don't want Richardson for Moen, how about a 3rd in 2013 (don't have one this year)? It'll take more than a 5th Capn Brown.

Yeah, I realized that shortly after I posted. Especially if there's a bidding war for Moen, we could see him go for a 2nd and an average prospect.

Of course, if we offered Cliche, Montreal's media would proclaim it a "perfect fit".

Old
01-26-2012, 02:10 PM
habsroom

If you are offering a fith round pick or richardson for Moen you must not know how good of a 3rd liner he is. Moen will get a 2nd round pick at worst if the Habs trade him.

Old
01-26-2012, 02:21 PM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post

Borque? Really?

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 02:25 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsroom View Post
If you are offering a fith round pick or richardson for Moen you must not know how good of a 3rd liner he is. Moen will get a 2nd round pick at worst if the Habs trade him.
I don't believe we have our second because of the Richards trade, although if we did I'd gladly pay that price to have Moen and see him signed long term. I may be wrong about having or not having that pick.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 03:02 PM
Capn Brown

Here we go....

Moen for ...

Jean-Francois Berube
Marc-Andre Cliche
Stefan Legein

Can you feel the Francophone approval? A PERFECT FIT!!!

Old
01-26-2012, 03:40 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
Yeah, I realized that shortly after I posted. Especially if there's a bidding war for Moen, we could see him go for a 2nd and an average prospect.

Of course, if we offered Cliche, Montreal's media would proclaim it a "perfect fit".
Let them. I'd gladly do that trade.

Quote:
Agreed, he may go for that. But I think as Kings fans we would be opposed to paying that much, unless he came with an extension.

Old
01-26-2012, 08:02 PM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Would the Kings give anything if Habs took Penner's bad contract? Save you a couple million and create caproom to add at deadline

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 09:36 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveForDrawingBlood View Post
Would the Kings give anything if Habs took Penner's bad contract? Save you a couple million and create caproom to add at deadline
Why would we give you anything for Penner's expiring contract? Did you not receive a pretty good player in Bourque plus pick for Cammy and his horrible contract?

As for Moen, I like the guy but he'll be too expensive. Besides, I'm ok with our bottom 6 for now.

I wouldn't mind giving up Stoll+ for Kostitsyn if we can't get a guy like Carter.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 01:05 AM
SFKingshomer

Kings don't need to trade Penner to acquire Kostitsyn or Moen because Gagne's on IR.

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 08:45 AM
Kingler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveForDrawingBlood View Post
His contract is more than half paid for and by trade deadline its going to be like 70% paid and maybe 1 million+ to pay. So question is how important for kings owner to save that much money? I don't think they care too much about saving the money. Cap hit wise, just waive him and put him in minor if its that critical

Kingler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 09:44 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingler View Post
His contract is more than half paid for and by trade deadline its going to be like 70% paid and maybe 1 million+ to pay. So question is how important for kings owner to save that much money? I don't think they care too much about saving the money. Cap hit wise, just waive him and put him in minor if its that critical
At the trade deadline there will be approximately $750,000 left on his contract. We'll be fine and I think if worse came to worse we could either eat his salary in the minors as you said or send him someplace for a 7th. Frankly though, I doubt he wouldn't get claimed if we waived him.

Old
01-28-2012, 08:38 AM
habsroom

There will be atleast 10 teams trying to get Moen on trade deadline day and most will be offering a 2nd round pick so someone will have to do better than that would the Kings give up clifford for Moen? Moen is better then clifford now but i know clifford is a good young player but that is what teams do they trade good young players for players that are ready to win now?

Old
01-28-2012, 08:54 AM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
There's no chance the Kings will trade Clifford for Moen.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 08:58 AM
Habstract

Quote:
There will be atleast 10 teams trying to get Moen on trade deadline day and most will be offering a 2nd round pick so someone will have to do better than that would the Kings give up clifford for Moen? Moen is better then clifford now but i know clifford is a good young player but that is what teams do they trade good young players for players that are ready to win now?
No. Clifford is already as good as Moen.

Habstract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 04:55 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
If you get a 2nd, that's fine and likely fair, but you aren't going to get someone to hand over a kid like Clifford for Moen. I think you are overvaluing Moen and the impact of trade deadline. Moen type players are brought in to compliment the team, not replace a similar player who is there long-term.

You want a Clifford for Moen deal, we'll offer up Jordan Nolan. That's the closest you'll likely get.

Old
01-30-2012, 02:39 PM
Habstract

Kings fan (some) are overevaluing Moen, yes. Being originally from Montreal, he is a good third line grinder who is not scare to go to the net but his number of goal from this season are not representative of his regular production. He had 8 goals on November 26, only one since then.

Last edited by Habstract: 01-30-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Habstract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 03:28 PM
bobafettish*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yantropov View Post
Kings fan (some) are overevaluing Moen, yes. Being originally from Montreal, he is a good third line grinder who is not scare to go to the net but his number of goal from this season are not representative of his regular production. He had 8 goals on November 26, only one since then.
but that's still more than penner and stoll combined, so yea....

we are not getting him to fix our offense, nothing short of a miracle would fix our offense, but moen does give us grit in the bottom six that can occasionally pot a goal.

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote