HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal-Pittsburgh

Old
01-26-2012, 11:51 AM
PinchedNerve

vCash: 500
Montreal-Pittsburgh

To Pittsburgh

Aaron Palushaj

To Montreal

Eric Tangradi

PinchedNerve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 11:55 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Seems fair IMO, We have a lot of depth on RW so the move makes sense for the Habs even though Pulashaj is a good prospect.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 11:57 AM
Mrb1p

I have a feeling this might be good for both team.

I expect Palushaj to be great. Along Sid, Gino or Staal he'll be easily a 20 goal guy.

At the time i wanted Matt D'agostini to go to Pittsburgh.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 12:00 PM
FanHabtic

Decent trade. Gives both players a fresh start. Palushaj has talent but lacks size thus no room for him in the habs lineup.

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 12:06 PM
Richiebottles
Someone on the Moon

I would love that trade. Seems fair. Tangradi could look good besides Eller and AK.

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 12:36 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

IMO Tangradi has the better potential, so I'd think the Hab would have to add a little bit. Palushaj is a great AHL player, but he really showed me nothing when he was called up. Tangradi at least has shown some jam to his game and is the bigger player.

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 01:28 PM
Jaded-Fan

I would rather keep Tangradi. Power forwards notoriously are slow to develope, and he has shown a lot of grit, something that the Pens have needed this year. Not that I would object to trading him, but not for this deal.

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 01:49 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Beastmode Penguins

vCash: 1000
If the Pens are going to trade Tangradi, I'd hope it's as part of a package for an established scoring option, not in a one-to-one swap for a prospect who hasn't proved anymore than Tangradi has at the NHL level.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 02:56 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Palushaj is nothing special. He might make the NHL, but he's still too weak for it. Though, when he does get called up he likes to throw his body around.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 02:59 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
I don't see the Pens making this deal, would definitely do it from the Habs POV

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 04:54 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Send a message via MSN to Morozov
I see no reason why the Pens pull the trigger on this.

Morozov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 04:56 PM
barneyg
HFBoards Sponsor

If I'm hoping for someone to become a 3rd wheel on one of our top lines, I definitely want to keep Tangradi. Palushaj could become a pretty good 3rd liner in this league, definitely not sold on those 20-goal hopes.

barneyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 10:03 PM
gillyguzzler

The Habs would have to add a bit to make this happen. What's holding Tangradi back? I thought he was a top prospect a couple of years back.

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 10:09 PM
mytor4*

Both have proven nothing.I guess the only edge Tangradi has is size.
Not really interrested much in Tangradi and while being a Habs fan Palushaj does nothing for me either.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 10:11 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
The Habs would have to add a bit to make this happen. What's holding Tangradi back? I thought he was a top prospect a couple of years back.
He was/is. He's a power forward prospect, which tend to take time to fill into their roles...but this is Hockey's Future, where a guy is a bust if he's not an All Star by 21.

Literally the only reason I'm open to trading him is because of the presence of James Neal on the present roster and a preference to the other top 3 prospects in the system (Despres, Morrow, & Bennett), and I'm one of his harshest critics on the Pens board. He's not ready yet...so what, most power forwards haven't established themselves in the NHL by this point either. He does what should be expected from a prospect of his ilk...he dominates younger players and struggles against established players.

Gillies trying to kill the kid in that disgraceful Islanders game last year (effectively costing him half a year of development) probably didn't help his cause.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 11:31 PM
ninetynine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinchedNerve View Post
To Pittsburgh

Aaron Palushaj

To Montreal

Eric Tangradi

Steve MacIntyre
fixed

ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 02:36 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
He was/is. He's a power forward prospect, which tend to take time to fill into their roles...but this is Hockey's Future, where a guy is a bust if he's not an All Star by 21.

Literally the only reason I'm open to trading him is because of the presence of James Neal on the present roster and a preference to the other top 3 prospects in the system (Despres, Morrow, & Bennett), and I'm one of his harshest critics on the Pens board. He's not ready yet...so what, most power forwards haven't established themselves in the NHL by this point either. He does what should be expected from a prospect of his ilk...he dominates younger players and struggles against established players.

Gillies trying to kill the kid in that disgraceful Islanders game last year (effectively costing him half a year of development) probably didn't help his cause.

Unless your from a western canadian team.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 02:39 AM
Royal Canuck
Go Canucks Go!

I think the Pens have big hopes for Tangradi. I don't see this trade going through without the Habs adding a draft pick.

Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 03:27 AM
High Flying Birds

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
Bylsma having an extremely short leash on young players. Tangradi has done moderately well offensively despite getting 4th line minutes and having 0 points. He's had several good goal scoring opportunities that just wouldn't go for him. To be fair to Bylsma and his short leash, Tangradi is often lost in the defensive zone, resulting in sustained pressure and good chances from the opposition. Probably a combination of inexperience and adjusting to how fast the NHL is methinks.

Anyways I wouldn't do this deal. Just gotta hope ET adapts.

High Flying Birds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 10:05 AM
Saving Greiss
HFBoards Sponsor

I'm disappointed with Tangradi's development to an extent. That said, I would't trade him for Palushaj. Palushaj might be closer, but players like Tangradi take longer to develop. I'd only include Tangradi for a player of more significance. Otherwise, I'd just hold onto him and let him round out.

Saving Greiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 10:18 AM
Tender Rip
Learning from Scuds?

I don't see why that makes any sort of sense from Pittsburgh's point of view. Palushaj would be a player we don't have any need for even if he makes it, and he isn't doing any better than Tangradi in the AHL or in his NHL games. There is no more pedigree and there is no more in terms of past performance.

Tangradi hasn't done much in the NHL to be sure, but power forwards do traditionally take longer to come good, and he really hasn't had too many honest shots at shining. 4th line duty with Adams and Vitale is hardly where you are going to show your scoring nous.
IF he develops well, a 6.4 230 pounds behemouth with a bit of puck skills, scoring and snarl.... that is something we can use much more than Palushaj being a decent mid/undersized third liner some day.

Pens would not be even marginally interested. Tangradi will only be used to get a deadline upgrade. Otherwise there is no reason not to keep him and see where he develops to. It is exactly his kind of player we want to pan out.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote